Drop to Design Studios Reviews

33 | Richmond, VA

33 Reviews for Drop to Design Studios

Abbey · Married on 12/02/2017

I actually won a free engagement session through a Facebook contest with Drop to Design. Even with this shoot being at no cost, Steven and Susan were just as flexible and accommodating as I would have expected--or even more! We ended up with several wonderful pictures and we we're able to use one for our save the date. Our wedding photos are being done by a friend, which was already in the works before this (Steve knew this still catered to us) otherwise we would have definitely considered Drop to Design!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for being so great to work with. We wish you all the best on your special wedding day and in the future as well.

Vicki · Married on 12/17/2016

Hi my name is Victoria Hankins and I used drop to design for my wedding because I won a free bridal shoot with them at a bridal show. When we did our consultants for that we were so impressed we decided to use them for the whole wedding. I don't think I can put in to words how amazing they were. On top of being amazing photographers Steven, Susan and thier little boy are amazing people. I don't know what I would've done is Susan wasn't with me while the girls were getting ready. My MoH was getting upset because I wanted the wedding outside like we planned cause it was drizzling out side and it looked like it would go away pretty quick in the radar but she wasn't having it she fought everyone even my sister in law to be chewed her out and still that didn't shut her up. But all my vendors and especially Susan and Steven were pushing for what me and Zach wanted and that meant the world to me. They even got this wonderful shot that I will treasure forever of the clouds opening up to blue sky right before the ceremony. I'm so glad they Steven got that photo. Susan was with me and I was just starring of into the distance when she smiled and pointed for me to look out the window as the sky was opening up. They were super felxible things got switched up alot my dad didnt come, my step dad did, but had to leave early cause 4 of his friends were in a serious crash so he needed to get back. They just rolled with it and made sure I got pictures with him and pictures of my dance with him. With all the bumps in the road they still did more than we could've ever hoped for. They were even there until we went to bed to make sure we got shots of everything that we wanted. This was very good because me and my husband forgot to get one of our new rings on our hands during the photos due to the crazyness. They are amazing and I will recommend them to everyone I can . I mention all the stuff that happened just to show how amazing they are. I hope to use them again when I have kids.

Sent on 01/01/2017

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

Vicki, I can't tell you how honored we were to capture your wedding. I knew the clouds were going to clear up and you were going to have the outdoor wedding you had envisioned. Working on your photographs it's beautiful to see the love you and Zach share and I hope your album will bring you years of future smiles as you remember the memories.
    Susan and Steven

Steven and Susan were great! They were very easy to get in touch with for all our planning needs. They viewed both our church and reception venues prior to the wedding day. On the day of the event, they managed to get some great shots, despite us losing power during our ceremony. They did a nice job getting our large families to cooperate for family photos, and kept a low profile during the rest of the ceremony and reception. The photos took only a few weeks to complete, and we are very happy with the product.

Sent on 12/11/2016

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

Susan and I loved your wedding. Your family and friends were so kind and easy to work with. Congratulations again from us and thank you again for letting us be a part of your story.

Jennifer · Married on 05/14/2016

If you wish to work with professionals who listen to what you want and make it happen, choose Drop to Design. They were everywhere and took amazing photos of every moment of our wedding. You will be amazed at the photographic quality and the way they expertly capture special moments.

Sent on 06/26/2016

Bethany · Married on 05/16/2015

Steven and Susan were amazing! We did our engagement photos and wedding photos with them! They worked with our crazy schedules and made it easy and fun! When I had to cancel my bridal portraits because I had emergency surgery 1 month before the wedding...they came to the venue early to get my pictures that day! After the obligatory posed pictures, we didn't even know they were there! They made our wedding day so easy by coordinating with the DJ and the venue. Steven made sure to keep in touch throughout the planning process and helped us with our timeline for the big day! They made sure everything was planned and helped us remember things that we would have forgotten or never thought of! The final product is amazing and we love sharing it with everyone! Every photo was editted and looked wonderful! Thanks guys and great work!!!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

Thanks so much, we love you guys! It was a great day and you two were so beautiful together.

Adrian · Married on 09/06/2014

Steven and Susan are truly one of a kind. They were not only professional, wonderful to work with, took time to listen to what we wanted and made it happen (even if that meant Steven taking a group wedding photo atop a 15 foot ladder!) but they were also wonderful people with a passion and talent for making anyone feel beautiful. I only wished we had gotten them to do cinematography at our wedding as well.
    They respond quickly, are very flexible with their schedule and were early to every session we had with them.
    You will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful kind words. We loved working with you and Brian. What a great wedding!

Drop to Design Studios did an excellent job with our wedding! From our initial meeting up until the wedding day, they were easy and enjoyable to work with. Their services did not interfere with the ceremony or reception, yet they seemed to have captured almost every detail on our video! They quality of our video is wonderful. I highly recommend Drop to Design!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Alaina · Married on 09/15/2013

The best pictures I've ever seen. You guys are so good at what you do.

Sent on 09/17/2013
  • I

Iesha · Married on 08/23/2013

We were very pleased with Drop to Design Studios. From the day we had our consultation to the day we reviewed our album, there was nothing but satisfaction received. I would recommend them to everyone I know. My pictures were fabulous and I am speachless about my cinematography. They didn't miss ANYTHING!!!!!! Steve and Susan and their crew were awesome...not even the rain on my wedding day stood a chance.

The new Mrs. Adams.....

Sent on 11/14/2013

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Adams, we love you two and had so much fun on your wedding day!

R · Married on 07/20/2013

Hey Steven and Susan,
    Mosey and I were up in Connecticut last weekend and picked up our copy of
    the wedding video from Meghan. This morning we had the opportunity to
    finish looking at all of it and I had to drop you a note to tell you how
    pleased we were with the final product. So many memories came flooding back
    and it was great fun reliving that wonderful day. We especially enjoyed the
    "Memories" compilation at the end...the editing was superb and it certainly
    delivered on the "memories".
    Thanks for a wonderful record of Meg and Nick's great day...we will cherish
    the memories even more so given this outstanding video.
    Mark and Mosey Leckie

Sent on 10/30/2013

Randi · Married on 07/06/2013

So I'm in love with everything!!! Everything is just fabulous! Especially
    the highlight video section!!! Thank you all so much for making this such a
    memorable experience in our lives!!! You guys are super talented and
    wonderful and I could not have asked for better service and quality! You hit
    the nail on the head!!!

Sent on 09/02/2013

Jen · Married on 06/15/2013

We loved D2D! They were so discrete during the wedding that we didn't even notice that they were filming! They do such a great job working with the other vendors and the end product is fantastic! Check them out for your wedding videography needs!

Sent on 06/20/2013

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

We had a great time, thanks for everything!

Drop to Design did a great job. Steven and Susan are prompt, responsive to questions and ideas and dedicated to making the video a true representation of the bride and groom on their wedding day. We loved the interviews with family members and the first-dance, first-kiss moments. The summary at the end provides a tapestry of the day--set to music that's meaningful to the bride and groom-- that makes their work a piece of family history. It was so much fun to watch the video and relive the day. We considered this one of our best wedding investments.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. We loved being a part of your special day. We hope to see you in the future!

Sharon · Married on 05/26/2013

Steven and his wife were fabulous! We decided to do a video last minute and it was the best decision. They were so on top of everything, met me for a walk through of the location, always responded quickly to my questions, and the final product was excellent. We had a very traditional Jewish wedding and they were able to capture every moment perfectly. We are so incredibly happy to have our special day on tape so we can always remember it.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

What a great time we had with you two and all your family. Your friends were great and the wedding just was beautiful. Thanks again for entrusting your special day with us!

Caryn · Married on 05/25/2013

We had so much fun with these guys! Originally I was looking for the absolute cheapest out there but after comparing Drop to Design with some others, the difference was just amazing. They are so SO much better than the others I looked at. For us the three most important things were the marriage, the photos and the video. Because when it's all said and done that's all you have left. You'll have each other and your memories of that day. Drop to Design and Steven did a perfect job of helping us preserve those memories. On top of that Steven is a super fun guy. He's funny and friendly and encouraging. Just great. We loved the whole experience with them.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

We love you too!!!! Have a great first year and beyond!

Mary · Married on 12/31/2012

We couldn't have asked for a better team. They asked all the right question before our wedding to get exactly the pictures we wanted, plus they had the creativity and artistry to take amazing shots that we didn't even know we wanted, and loved! They made us feel completely comfortable and happy the entire day. They were flexible with our unusual, day-long schedule and even went above and beyond our expectations. They were a true pleasure to work with all around: true professionals and a talented team! We fully intend to use them for our family portraits from now on.

Sent on 01/10/2013

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

We love you too! We had a blast at your wedding. You were a pleasure to work with. It was great to see how much fun you had.

Tora · Married on 09/29/2012

Working with Steven and his wife Susan was a wonderful experience. Steven was very responsive, professional, flexible and good-natured. He did a very nice job capturing the memorable moments of our special day and provided us with a beautiful way to remember our wedding.

Sent on 12/01/2012

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. We loved being a part of your special day. You two were so beautiful together. Loved the dress by the way!

Edie & Greg · Married on 09/15/2012

Steve and Susan were THE most incredible photography/videography team I have ever seen at a wedding. They worked so hard and did such a good job. Everyone attending the wedding commented on how impressive they were. I would recommend them without hesitation to everyone and anyone in Richmond who is in need of a photographer or videographer and to top it all off, they are ultra kind, supportive, creative, talented, and professional. I cannot say enough great things about Drop to Design. We are 100% thrilled with everything that they did before, during and after the ceremony at the reception!!!

Sent on 09/20/2012

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2012

These amazing people worked SO hard for us and their work did not go unnoticed! They are great people inside and out and working with them was great! My new husband and I cannot wait to see the pictures and the video because the few we have seen as sneak peeks are incredible!

Sent on 09/23/2012

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

Thank you Rebecca, we loved your wedding. It was so beautiful!

Allison · Married on 06/23/2012

Steven and Susan were the videographers at our June 23, 2012 wedding, and we were so happy with our experience working with them. I had looked at a lot of videographer's sites, and spoken with a number of companies before deciding to go with Drop to Design Studios. After seeing examples of their work, reading testimonials, and speaking with Steven, I knew they were the best choice for us. Leading up to the wedding, Steven was a pleasure to work with, making sure that he had all of the details needed to cover our day in the best way possible. He even went so far as to spend a couple of hours at our rehearsal on the day before the wedding, which helped make us so much more comfortable for the big day. He and Susan were an absolute pleasure to work with on the day of the event, and were there to capture all of the best moments without being intrusive in any way. We can not wait to see all of the footage from our big day, as we are sure it is going to be wonderful!

Sent on 07/18/2012

brenda · Married on 12/03/2011

We loved working with Drop To Designs. We will be forever grateful for their hardwork, dedication and artistic ability. They captured our special moments in photos that will last a lifetime. We highly recommend them to anyone considering any special occasion but most especially for weddings.

Sent on 03/15/2012

kendra · Married on 10/23/2011

They were a joy to work with and so sweet. They did awesome work.

Sent on 01/02/2012

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for being a great bride and groom. We had a wonderful time.

Angela · Married on 03/12/2011

We were so pleased with our video! Steven and Susan were wonderful to work with & we'd highly recommend them. We're very glad that we chose the package with three camaras. It was great to see the ceremony from the different angles. The quality of the footage was stunning! GREAT JOB Steven and Susan. Thank you so much for doing such an amazing job capturing our special day!

Sent on 05/01/2011

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

Well, thank you so much for your kind words. It was great to be a part of your wonderful day!
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 10/09/2010

My husband, our families, and I could not be happier with our decision to work with Steve and Susan of Drop to Design for our wedding videography! After finding them on a list of videographers in The Knot, we read the glowing testimonials on their website and gave Steve a call, and he was so friendly and genuine from the beginning that we immediately felt comfortable. He told us about their non-invasive filming approach where they like to hang back and capture the moments as they happen, which is exactly what we were looking for! Steve kept in constant contact with us leading up to our wedding to let us know what he needed and what to expect, and they couldn’t have been nicer or easier to work with on our wedding day. As for the finished product…WOW! We were completely blown away! First of all, their HD quality cameras are amazing. Also, they had sent us a simple questionnaire asking us to list our favorite songs, describe our personal style, etc. to make sure the finished product was in line with our tastes, and they nailed it! From the music playing on the DVD title menus to the highlight reel, the entire product is so personal and perfect. When it arrived, we sat down over the holidays to watch a few highlights, and the whole family ended up glued to the TV for 4.5 hours reliving our entire wedding…we couldn’t turn it off! Of course they captured all of the most memorable moments of the day, but the best part for us was watching all of the fun and hilarious moments we missed throughout the night on the dance floor. And the highlight reel they set to music for us is the most perfect depiction of the night we could have asked for. It was as if we had hand-picked the scenes and it makes me laugh and cry every time I watch it…which has been quite a few times! Working with Drop to Design was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding, and we can’t thank Steve and Susan enough!

Sent on 01/28/2011

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

Jamie and Adam (and family) were so wonderful. A true Celebration to say the least. Thank you so much for being so wonderful.

donna · Married on 10/09/2010

Steve and Susan Davis were terrific start to finish. Very professional and inobtrusive during the wedding and reception. They captured the night in every sense and put the DVD's together so beautifully! We highly recommend Drop to Design if you want a high quality end product, and at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 02/14/2011

Drop to Design Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful words. We strive hard to provide the highest level of service to our clients. Did I mention we love our clients!