Dressigner - Bridal Gowns Alterations & Dressmaking by Seamstress Malgo Reviews

57 | Philadelphia, PA

57 Reviews for Dressigner - Bridal Gowns Alterations & Dressmaking by Seamstress Malgo

57 Dressigner - Bridal Gowns Alterations & Dressmaking by Seamstress Malgo Reviews

Suzy Peters · Getting married on 12/15/2018

Excellent at Dress Alterations

Malgo was so wonderful to work with! The appointments were well organized and Malgo was quick and clearly knew what she was doing with my dress. When I requested, last minute, for her to make a veil for me, she was able to recommend a length that worked with my dress and was honest when a specific lace choice wouldn't work with my dress. She communicated well with me through the whole process, was very organized and professional, and my dress and veil came out amazing. She comes highly recommended!

Ryan · Married on 05/12/2018

Malgo is amazing and works some real magic!! She is such a sweetheart. I had several fittings with her and she was patient the entire time. She pays attention to detail and truly wants you to feel your best in your wedding dress. She is a professional and works tirelessly to ensure your dress fits you like a glove. My dress seemed to be made exactly for me and it’s all thanks to Malgo!

Dressigner - Bridal Gowns Alterations & Dressmaking by Seamstress Malgo 1
    Dressigner - Bridal Gowns Alterations & Dressmaking by Seamstress Malgo 2

Hannah · Married on 02/09/2018

Malgo was amazing to work with. Not only is her attention to detail unparalleled, she was flexible with my ever-changing work schedule and made the whole process really delightful. I would highly recommend her!

Adina · Married on 09/02/2017

Malgo was amazing and comes highly recommended. Malgo is a highly skilled seamstress who is attentive to detail, patient, and a perfectionist--qualities perfect for a bride to be. I'm a petite woman, and she made my inexpensive dress fit me like a glove so it looked like a much more expensive dress. Importantly, she included as many fittings as needed until the fit was perfect. Her price was appropriate and clearly communicated. Malgo is also a friendly, sweet woman who was a pleasure to work with.

Suemayah · Married on 05/13/2017

Malgo was a sweetheart to interact with and a meticulous perfectionist with my dress! She delivered excellent quality service at a reasonable rate.

I bought my wedding dress as a sample gown and needed it to be taken in a few sizes---it ended up fitting me like a glove!! Malgo is unbelievably talented and the quality of her work is unparalleled. You won't find anyone with the same attention to detail. I felt so comfortable with her and trusted her 100% with my dress. If you are looking for alterations, GO TO MALGO! You won't be disappointed!!!

Megan · Married on 07/02/2016

When I originally emailed Malgo about my wedding dress, she reached out right away with open arms and so much vivid description about her work, her qualifications and truly made me feel invited to be her client. I went to my first appointment not knowing what to expect. I had my dress which was COVERED in beading and too large for my size and way too long for my height. I had ordered the dress online from J Crew and fell in love with it. Previously, I had been declined by other alterations designers in the Philadelphia area because of the workload that it would take to bring my dress to my size with all the beading. Malgo was not even phased by the beading. She assured me that she would hand sew them on where necessary after any cutting/sewing was done. She was comfortable with the project that I was presenting her. Also, it is important to note that her quote was 110% reasonable.
    I decided to move forward with Malgo and left my dress with her that night after she made some initial measurements. I believe overall we had 5 appointments. I do not pretend to know anything about this line of work but my now mother-in-law, who sews all the time, seemed to always be impressed with what Malgo was doing. I can comment on the process that Malgo held true to all of her promises. She did hand sew the beads on and she truly customized my dress to fit my body type. During my appointments, Malgo would suggest ideas that were things that I would have never thought of. We added a small train to my dress and then she created the word’s easiest bustle that just snapped into place for a night of dancing.
    I was sad on my final appointment. I really enjoyed my time spent in Malgo’s studio and talking with her. She is a wonderful, genuine person with so much talent. She is Philadelphia’s own Vera Wang. I am so glad that I was rejected by the other local business and that I found Malgo. I felt gorgeous on my wedding day and my dress received so many compliments. Thank you Malgo. <3

Vivian · Married on 06/10/2016

Malgo is absolutely wonderful! She is also very affordable! She was able to create my bustle, shorten my sleeves, and add a special piece that will make my dress one of a kind! I absolutely recommend her services!

Stacey · Married on 06/04/2016

I found Malgo through Internet research and was impressed by the overwhelmingly positive reviews for her work and her pricing. I contacted her with my fingers crossed that she would have room to fit me in. She responded to my online inquiry quickly and was very friendly and professional on the phone. I also appreciated the amount of detail and information on her website to explain the process, which put me at ease since this was my first time getting alterations of any kind. Malgo had a great little studio that made me comfortable, unlike some of the more expensive shops that made me feel intimidated. My dress was second hand and had already been altered in the past. It had to be let out and several holes in the train had to be repaired. Malgo did an amazing job using pieces of lace to patch the holes in the tulle to make it look brand new. She was patient and happy to have multiple appointments to make sure everything was just right. It was wonderful to work with her and I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Amanda · Married on 05/14/2016

Maglo was absolutely amazing from start to finish. She was able to completely transform my dress. She did a fantastic job!

Stephanie · Married on 05/14/2016

Malgo is amazing at what she does! I came to her with a dress that was incredibly challenging. Lots of crepe and a unique open back. She had to sew the entire thing by hand. On my wedding day, it seriously looked like the dress was made for me. It was incredible! She blew me and my family away, and was so reasonably priced to boot. The cheapest I could find in Philly! If you don't book Malgo, you're doing yourself a disservice.

I bought my wedding dress as a sample, and while the fit was nearly perfect, there was a small issue of what to do with the massive train during the reception. I loved my dress so much, I wouldn't consider getting a separate reception dress, and yet, I definitely planned to dance a lot! Malgo was invaluable for making this possible. The dress was not constructed to have a bustle added (because who in their right mind bustles a long train made of thick, heavy fabric?), but was no match for Malgo. She carefully designed, then redesigned, and redesigned a bustle so that I could dance in my dress, while using as few points as possible (saving me money). She designed a beautiful bustle that didn't make me look like a mattress, reinforced the buttons to make sure they could take the weight of my train, and yet kept it so it was invisible when disassembled on a dress with absolutely no embellishments. It took 5 minutes for Malgo to show my bridesmaids how to bustle the dress. My bridesmaid assembled it without Malgo even needing to label the strings, and once in, the bustle held up all evening and night, through hours of dancing.
    She was wonderful to work with, and even squeezed in helping one of my bridesmaids with her alterations. Her dress by the end looked like it was custom made for her. We got hours and hours of enjoyment out of our beautiful dresses!

Liby · Married on 10/24/2015

Malgo was a true lifesaver for me! I cannot thank her enough for the work she did for my dress. I fell in love with a dress and decided to buy a sample size dress that was 12. When I had originally bought the dress, I didnt think much about the amount work that would be required to alter the dress. But soon realized that the dress has to be altered from a size 12 to a size 4 and to make matters worse, I had bead work throughout my dress. I read about the wonderful reviews Malgo had and decided to schedule an appt. Malgo was very welcoming and she has a very cute clean place and right after the first consult I knew that I was in good hands. Malgo made it clear that this wouldnt be easy and will require multiple fittings. I just picked up my dress today and I'm absolutely in love with the way it fits me now and is so excited to be wearing it in a week. Malgo also ordered the corset that I would be wearing with the dress and also made me a beautiful veil. She was always very clear on appt times and if there were any need for rescheduling, she always let me know very early on. Malgo is super efficient at what she does and I will definitely be referring my friends to Malgo. Once again Malgo, thank you so much for the wonderful work!

Katherine · Married on 10/24/2015

I was really nervous about getting my dress altered. You never know what you're going to get. Malgo was super professional and confident. As soon as I walked in and looked around I knew I had the right person. My dress was already a good fit, just some neckline alterations and a bustle. She didnt try to push me on anything else, which was great. I mentioned having trouble walking and she suggested a special slip to wear. Lo and behold, I could suddenly walk well and bought it.

At a later point,, I was thinking about getting it let out an inch. Brought the dress to someone more local. They looked at her work and went "wow, she did a really good job. you picked the right person." Not something you normally say about a competitor. Made me feel great :) (didn't end up needing to let it out - phew!)

So yes, go go go go go with malgo!!! Super skilled pro.

Emily · Married on 07/04/2015

Working with Malgo for my wedding dress alterations was wonderful! Malgo was so nice, friendly, and easy to work with, and she altered my dress to absolute perfection. It was very important for me to have sleeves to my originally strapless wedding dress so that I wouldn\'t feel over exposed, and Malgo designed sleeves that looked so flawless and matched so seamlessly with the rest of the dress that you would never have been able to tell that they were added on and not originally there. Also, the seam on the bust of my dress was not sown correctly by the manufacturer (Casablanca Bridal), causing very unattractive lumps in that area. This was distressing to me, but Malgo quickly identified the problem and was able to fix it. I highly recommend Dressigner and Malgo!!!

Katrina · Married on 05/30/2015

Malgo was an amazing find in Philly! I had a delicate tulle and lace dress that she handled with great care and created this awesome bustle with tulle ribbon. She took her time during appointments to make sure everything was right. It looked like the dress was made specifically for me! She is incredibly sweet and professional which made each appointment easy and fun. I am so happy I found her and you will feel the same if you choose her to help you alter your dress to make it completely yours!

Susan · Married on 05/02/2015

Malgo did an amazing job on my wedding gown!

Malgo did a wonderful job taking in my wedding dress. The dress arrived at the boutique with some small problems which they claimed were fixable during alterations. These issues were actually imperfections from the original designer/manufacturer but Malgo did a great job fixing what she could. She also made great recommendations in order to make my dress fit perfectly and comfortably.

Danielle · Married on 10/12/2014

Malgo did a wonderful job altering my wedding dress. I had a large ballgown with over ten layers. The dress needed to be taken in several sizes and shorten considerably and she did a wonderful job. I was traveling from out of town for my appointments and she was very flexible in appointments as well. Her studio space is bright and clean.

Kesi · Married on 09/13/2014

Malgo was completely wonderful to work with, and I would (and have!) recommend her to anyone needing a dress alteration.
    She paid such careful attention to every detail and made suggestions to my dress alterations that I wouldn't have thought of, such as inserting cups into the dress and making a very simple 2-point bustle.
    Her prices are INCREDIBLY reasonable for the amount of work that she is putting in.
    Her turnaround time was rapid, and I loved loved loved the finished product and could not have asked for more!

Kerri · Married on 08/30/2014

I just left my appointment with Malgo. Let me just tell you, I'm sooooo happy I've found her! I'm from Philly but got my wedding dress in a boutique in Boston so finding a seamstress to make some minor changes to my gown was so difficult. Apparently, a lot of boutiques will not alter your dress unless you've bought your gown at their location. So, long story short, I came across Dressigner, Malgo, and made an appointment bc her reviews were great! I got to my appointment and we got started right away..she is definitely a pro and knows exactly what she's doing! When she was working on the shape of my bustle, she wouldn't stop until it was perfect...although in my eyes it already was! Her studio was near, Very clean space, and not to mention she was a great listener to what I needed for my gown and super sweet.

Thank you Malgo for helping me feel beautiful on my wedding day! Highly recommend!!!

Rachel · Married on 08/23/2014

I am so happy that I found Malgo to alter my wedding dress! She was an absolute pleasure to work with. So patient and relaxed and her work is impeccable. My dress was extremely delicate, so I was somewhat nervous about finding the right person to do the alterations. The minute we stepped into her studio, I knew that I could trust her with my dress. The dress, (which needed work on both the top and bottom), turned out perfectly and I cannot thank her enough. I absolutely recommend her if you need wedding dress alterations!

Jessica · Married on 07/05/2014

I highly recommend Malgo for wedding dress alterations since she is very detail oriented and professional. I went to her with a Winnie Couture silk sample gown that was a bit too small for me and she completely reworked the dress so that it would fit for my big day. The alterations end-up involving replacing the zipper on the back of the dress with lacing, and adding 5 inches of fabric under ruching at the waist to make the dress longer. These kinds of major alterations require an expert and Malgo did a wonderful job. In addition to being a very good seamstress, Margo was also extremely sweet and reassuring about getting my dress fixed. I can't imagine having had anyone else work on my wedding dress. Thank you :)

Maglo is sheer perfection. She was very professional, flexible and really took time to do the alterations. Maglo made me and my family feel very comfortable in her shop and she did not rush me at all she took her time during each visit to make sure I was comfortable in my Wedding Gown. She was very meticulous with the care of my dress and she altered it to fit me like a glove. On my wedding day I felt beautiful because my dress way exactly what I had envisioned. I would definitely recommend her. She did an AWESOME job.

Rachel · Married on 05/10/2014

Malgo did an amazing job with tailoring my wedding dress! My dress was an incredibly fine silk, and I trusted her completely with it. She hemmed it, shortened the sleeves, sewed in my bra and shapewear, and tacked on my belt. I felt so comfortable in the dress on my big day, thanks in large part to Malgo!

She was also super easy to schedule an appointment with, as well as follow-up appointments. She communicated via email and phone.