Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

56 Reviews for Dressigner - Bridal Gowns Alterations & Dressmaking by Seamstress Malgo

User Photos
Appts. Only (2)
Customization (2)
Bridesmaids (1)
Veils (1)
55 Dressigner - Bridal Gowns Alterations & Dressmaking by Seamstress Malgo Reviews

Malgo is amazing and works some real magic!! She is such a sweetheart. I had several fittings with her and she was patient the entire time. She pays attention to detail and truly wants you to feel your best in your wedding dress. She is a professional and works tirelessly to ensure your dress fits you like a glove. My dress seemed to be made exactly for me and it’s all thanks to Malgo!

Photo for Dressigner - Bridal Gowns Alterations & Dressmaking by Seamstress Malgo Review
Profile Picture Ryan, 5/12/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

Malgo was amazing to work with. Not only is her attention to detail unparalleled, she was flexible with my ever-changing work schedule and made the whole process really delightful. I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Hannah, 2/9/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bride

Malgo did an absolutely beautiful job altering my gown. Clearly a professional and perfectionist with a sweetly decorated studio, her attention to detail and to getting things just right was evident from the get-go. She advised on undergarments and accessories, and transformed my gown through an excellent fit!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Undergarments, Bride, Alterations

Malgo was amazing and comes highly recommended. Malgo is a highly skilled seamstress who is attentive to detail, patient, and a perfectionist--qualities perfect for a bride to be. I'm a petite woman, and she made my inexpensive dress fit me like a glove so it looked like a much more expensive dress. Importantly, she included as many fittings as needed until the fit was perfect. Her price was appropriate and clearly communicated. Malgo is also a friendly, sweet woman who was a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Adina, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Malgo was a sweetheart to interact with and a meticulous perfectionist with my dress! She delivered excellent quality service at a reasonable rate.

Profile Picture Suemayah, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I grew up with an immigrant Portuguese grandmother who was a highly skilled and life-long seamstress. My grandmother has since passed, but i was reminded of her while working with Malgo. I knew I was in the hands of another talented and capable seamstress. Despite the informal setting of her home basement shop in northeast Philly, you'll get the highest quality service here.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 8/20/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought my wedding dress as a sample gown and needed it to be taken in a few sizes---it ended up fitting me like a glove!! Malgo is unbelievably talented and the quality of her work is unparalleled. You won't find anyone with the same attention to detail. I felt so comfortable with her and trusted her 100% with my dress. If you are looking for alterations, GO TO MALGO! You won't be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture User6233652, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Malgo was wonderful to work with! She really is an expert at what she does. I can't tell you how many compliments I received on the dress--it fit beautifully when she was done working with it. I highly recommend her! We had a few communication glitches, but nothing major, and it certainly would not prevent me from encouraging others to employ Malgo in the future :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

When I originally emailed Malgo about my wedding dress, she reached out right away with open arms and so much vivid description about her work, her qualifications and truly made me feel invited to be her client. I went to my first appointment not knowing what to expect. I had my dress which was COVERED in beading and too large for my size and way too long for my height. I had ordered the dress online from J Crew and fell in love with it. Previously, I had been declined by other alterations designers in the Philadelphia area because of the workload that it would take to bring my dress to my size with all the beading. Malgo was not even phased by the beading. She assured me that she would hand sew them on where necessary after any cutting/sewing was done. She was comfortable with the project that I was presenting her. Also, it is important to note that her quote was 110% reasonable.
I decided to move forward with Malgo and left my dress with her that night after she made some initial measurements. I believe overall we had 5 appointments. I do not pretend to know anything about this line of work but my now mother-in-law, who sews all the time, seemed to always be impressed with what Malgo was doing. I can comment on the process that Malgo held true to all of her promises. She did hand sew the beads on and she truly customized my dress to fit my body type. During my appointments, Malgo would suggest ideas that were things that I would have never thought of. We added a small train to my dress and then she created the word’s easiest bustle that just snapped into place for a night of dancing.
I was sad on my final appointment. I really enjoyed my time spent in Malgo’s studio and talking with her. She is a wonderful, genuine person with so much talent. She is Philadelphia’s own Vera Wang. I am so glad that I was rejected by the other local business and that I found Malgo. I felt gorgeous on my wedding day and my dress received so many compliments. Thank you Malgo.

Profile Picture Megan, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Customization, Bridal Gowns, Undergarments, Bride

Malgo is absolutely wonderful! She is also very affordable! She was able to create my bustle, shorten my sleeves, and add a special piece that will make my dress one of a kind! I absolutely recommend her services!

Profile Picture Vivian, 6/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I found Malgo through Internet research and was impressed by the overwhelmingly positive reviews for her work and her pricing. I contacted her with my fingers crossed that she would have room to fit me in. She responded to my online inquiry quickly and was very friendly and professional on the phone. I also appreciated the amount of detail and information on her website to explain the process, which put me at ease since this was my first time getting alterations of any kind. Malgo had a great little studio that made me comfortable, unlike some of the more expensive shops that made me feel intimidated. My dress was second hand and had already been altered in the past. It had to be let out and several holes in the train had to be repaired. Malgo did an amazing job using pieces of lace to patch the holes in the tulle to make it look brand new. She was patient and happy to have multiple appointments to make sure everything was just right. It was wonderful to work with her and I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Stacey, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

One of the best wedding decisions I made was taking my dress to Malgo. She is the sweetest person and really takes her time with everything she does. I'm pretty shy and uncomfortable speaking my mind but Malgo was so sweet and easy to talk to and has such an eye for detail. Anything I asked of her was never too much, she was completely open to anything I wanted to adjust. My sister went to a different place for alterations and was pretty much told nothing could be done for things that I know are much simpler than what I asked of Malgo. She completely redesigned my dress. I bought a delicate Lazaro tulle ball gown and what she did to it made it look 1000% better. Now when I see pics of the original dress, I can only think of how much more amazing my dress looks in comparison. She made my dress at least two sizes smaller, altered the hem (my dress has a zillion layers and Malgo was patient during the whole process and made it look completely flawless), added padding and redid the chest to make it fit perfectly, altered all of the lace details of my dress, added a piece to make a belt, and created a beautiful bustle. Seriously if you want your dress to look perfect, go to Malgo. Also I love that you can tell she loves what she does because she cares so much to make everything perfect. Even more perfect than I could have ever imagined!! So many compliments all night, I felt like a princess. Thank you Malgo!!!

Profile Picture Vi, 5/20/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Malgo is amazing at what she does! I came to her with a dress that was incredibly challenging. Lots of crepe and a unique open back. She had to sew the entire thing by hand. On my wedding day, it seriously looked like the dress was made for me. It was incredible! She blew me and my family away, and was so reasonably priced to boot. The cheapest I could find in Philly! If you don't book Malgo, you're doing yourself a disservice.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Customization, Bridal Gowns, Bride

Maglo was absolutely amazing from start to finish. She was able to completely transform my dress. She did a fantastic job!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought my wedding dress as a sample, and while the fit was nearly perfect, there was a small issue of what to do with the massive train during the reception. I loved my dress so much, I wouldn't consider getting a separate reception dress, and yet, I definitely planned to dance a lot! Malgo was invaluable for making this possible. The dress was not constructed to have a bustle added (because who in their right mind bustles a long train made of thick, heavy fabric?), but was no match for Malgo. She carefully designed, then redesigned, and redesigned a bustle so that I could dance in my dress, while using as few points as possible (saving me money). She designed a beautiful bustle that didn't make me look like a mattress, reinforced the buttons to make sure they could take the weight of my train, and yet kept it so it was invisible when disassembled on a dress with absolutely no embellishments. It took 5 minutes for Malgo to show my bridesmaids how to bustle the dress. My bridesmaid assembled it without Malgo even needing to label the strings, and once in, the bustle held up all evening and night, through hours of dancing.
She was wonderful to work with, and even squeezed in helping one of my bridesmaids with her alterations. Her dress by the end looked like it was custom made for her. We got hours and hours of enjoyment out of our beautiful dresses!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/7/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Alterations, Appts. Only, Bridal Gowns

Maglo did an awesome job with my dress! Since I bought my dress as a sample it had several issues such as: missing buttons, missing bead work and one or two small spots. Maglo was able to transform my dress into the wedding dress of my dreams! Maglo was very pleasant to work with. Thank you!

Profile Picture suzanne, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bride, Bridal Gowns, Undergarments

Malgo was a true lifesaver for me! I cannot thank her enough for the work she did for my dress. I fell in love with a dress and decided to buy a sample size dress that was 12. When I had originally bought the dress, I didnt think much about the amount work that would be required to alter the dress. But soon realized that the dress has to be altered from a size 12 to a size 4 and to make matters worse, I had bead work throughout my dress. I read about the wonderful reviews Malgo had and decided to schedule an appt. Malgo was very welcoming and she has a very cute clean place and right after the first consult I knew that I was in good hands. Malgo made it clear that this wouldnt be easy and will require multiple fittings. I just picked up my dress today and I'm absolutely in love with the way it fits me now and is so excited to be wearing it in a week. Malgo also ordered the corset that I would be wearing with the dress and also made me a beautiful veil. She was always very clear on appt times and if there were any need for rescheduling, she always let me know very early on. Malgo is super efficient at what she does and I will definitely be referring my friends to Malgo. Once again Malgo, thank you so much for the wonderful work!

Profile Picture Liby, 10/24/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Bridal Gowns, Undergarments, Veils

I was really nervous about getting my dress altered. You never know what you're going to get. Malgo was super professional and confident. As soon as I walked in and looked around I knew I had the right person. My dress was already a good fit, just some neckline alterations and a bustle. She didnt try to push me on anything else, which was great. I mentioned having trouble walking and she suggested a special slip to wear. Lo and behold, I could suddenly walk well and bought it.

At a later point,, I was thinking about getting it let out an inch. Brought the dress to someone more local. They looked at her work and went "wow, she did a really good job. you picked the right person." Not something you normally say about a competitor. Made me feel great :) (didn't end up needing to let it out - phew!)

So yes, go go go go go with malgo!!! Super skilled pro.

Profile Picture User4658689, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bridal Gowns, Undergarments, Bride

Working with Malgo for my wedding dress alterations was wonderful! Malgo was so nice, friendly, and easy to work with, and she altered my dress to absolute perfection. It was very important for me to have sleeves to my originally strapless wedding dress so that I wouldn't feel over exposed, and Malgo designed sleeves that looked so flawless and matched so seamlessly with the rest of the dress that you would never have been able to tell that they were added on and not originally there. Also, the seam on the bust of my dress was not sown correctly by the manufacturer (Casablanca Bridal), causing very unattractive lumps in that area. This was distressing to me, but Malgo quickly identified the problem and was able to fix it. I highly recommend Dressigner and Malgo!!!

Profile Picture User4339297, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Working with Malgo for my wedding dress alterations was wonderful! Malgo was so nice, friendly, and easy to work with, and she altered my dress to absolute perfection. It was very important for me to have sleeves to my originally strapless wedding dress so that I wouldn\'t feel over exposed, and Malgo designed sleeves that looked so flawless and matched so seamlessly with the rest of the dress that you would never have been able to tell that they were added on and not originally there. Also, the seam on the bust of my dress was not sown correctly by the manufacturer (Casablanca Bridal), causing very unattractive lumps in that area. This was distressing to me, but Malgo quickly identified the problem and was able to fix it. I highly recommend Dressigner and Malgo!!!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Malgo was an amazing find in Philly! I had a delicate tulle and lace dress that she handled with great care and created this awesome bustle with tulle ribbon. She took her time during appointments to make sure everything was right. It looked like the dress was made specifically for me! She is incredibly sweet and professional which made each appointment easy and fun. I am so happy I found her and you will feel the same if you choose her to help you alter your dress to make it completely yours!

Profile Picture Katrina, 5/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Malgo did an amazing job on my wedding gown!

Profile Picture Susan, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Malgo did a wonderful job taking in my wedding dress. The dress arrived at the boutique with some small problems which they claimed were fixable during alterations. These issues were actually imperfections from the original designer/manufacturer but Malgo did a great job fixing what she could. She also made great recommendations in order to make my dress fit perfectly and comfortably.

Profile Picture User224621, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Malgo did a wonderful job altering my wedding dress. I had a large ballgown with over ten layers. The dress needed to be taken in several sizes and shorten considerably and she did a wonderful job. I was traveling from out of town for my appointments and she was very flexible in appointments as well. Her studio space is bright and clean.

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/12/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Malgo was completely wonderful to work with, and I would (and have!) recommend her to anyone needing a dress alteration.
She paid such careful attention to every detail and made suggestions to my dress alterations that I wouldn't have thought of, such as inserting cups into the dress and making a very simple 2-point bustle.
Her prices are INCREDIBLY reasonable for the amount of work that she is putting in.
Her turnaround time was rapid, and I loved loved loved the finished product and could not have asked for more!

Profile Picture Kesi, 9/13/14, 6 Reviews