Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique Reviews

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 3
Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 4
Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 5

Ashley · Married on 07/03/2010

I shopped at many bridal shops and none could compare to Dress Your Fancy! As soon as you walked into the door you are warmly welcomed by Shelly with open arms! One of the things I loved about her was she was NOT going to just sell you any dress- she was going to sell you the dress of your dreams and a dress that you adore. She's honest and upfront about what the dresses looks like on and how they can be altered, if needed. She can do just about anything you need for your attire as well, so it makes it nice for a one stop shop. Her prices are really reasonable as well. She keeps you updated on the time schedule and when she receives items. Her customer service is to die for! I think Kleinfeld's bridal would have a hard time keeping up with Shelly! :D I had an absolutely wonderful experience with Shelly and would recommend her to anyone getting married, even down here in VA!

Sent on 02/23/2011

Nancy · Married on 07/03/2010

As a mother of the bride, I was very impressed with Shelley. She is a class act! We had gone to many bridal shops, in VA, Albany, Utica, and Binghamton area. She is by far the best! Great service, wonderful selection, reasonable prices and a terrific person, making everyone feel at ease and special. My only regret is that I don't have more daughters to buy gowns for.... I miss Shelley- I might need to find a daughter to adopt just to go back and see her!

Sent on 02/27/2011

Stephanie · Married on 06/20/2010

I have nothing but RAVE reviews to give to dress your fancy and to the owner Shelly. As soon as you walk into her boutique you feel completely welcomed and like you are her most important bride. She provides such exceptional customer service!!! What makes her so different is how much she truly cares about her brides. She cares about making their day as special as it can be. I got everything from Shelly, my dress, my shoes, my veils, my bridesmaid dresses, the tuxes and she even provided me with a great vendor for flowers. She was always calling as soon as any of my products came in. She even brought my dress to me the day of the wedding because I had no where to store it at home where my animals could not get to it. I can't not even say how wonderful she is. You will just have to meet her to see for yourself. Go to dress your fancy, you WILL NOT be disappointed. Not only does she provide exceptional customer service but her selection is TO DIE FOR!!!! And the prices are so reasonable. For any bride-to-be I 100% recommend Shelly and her services <3

Sent on 02/22/2011

Carley · Married on 04/24/2010

I can't say enough about the great experience I had getting my wedding dress at Dress Your Fancy! Shelly is so easy and fun to work with! She has the most beautiful selection of dresses and accessories in the area and I would recommend all brides to go visit!! My mom and bridesmaids also got amazing dresses from her!

Sent on 03/03/2011

Kaci · Married on 12/05/2009

I can not say enough about Shelly and her customer service. I am absolutely in love with my dress almost 17 months after my wedding. Shelly made sure my dress fit me absolutely perfect and when I didn't fit into at my first try on because I had gained weight she made sure that if I didn't lose the weight I needed that she had a back up plan ready to go. Thankfully we didn't need that plan. I have recommended Shelly to others and will continue to do so in the future. She and her staff are top notch!

Sent on 04/08/2011

Emily · Married on 05/19/2018

Dress Your Fancy made shopping for my wedding gown so easy. They were very attentive through the whole appointment and continued to keep in touch after.

Sent on 02/25/2018

Kelsey · Married on 10/03/2014

Everything about my dress and experience at Dress Your Fancy was perfect!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Jennifer · Married on 07/21/2012

Shelly and the ladies at Dress your Fancy are the best! They give you the most personal, one on one service of a small boutique while offering all of the big names in bridal design. We got our flower girl dress, bridesmaids dresses and mother of bride & groom dresses at DYF. I would highly recommend this store to anyone shopping for bridal or special occasion gowns.

Sent on 08/02/2012

Nina · Married on 08/06/2011

My son just got married in August. I was looking for the perfect dress. I had planned to head to Syracuse, Utica, Binghamton. One Friday afternoon, I decided to stop in to see the dresses at Dress My Fancy. The selection of beautiful dresses was wonderful and most of all, Shelly was so warm and friendly. After being in her boutique I knew that not only did I not need to travel far and wide to find the perfect dress, I did not want to. Shelly helped me find the dress of my dreams.
    I also brought in my 85 year old Mom to find her dress. Shelly and her staff made my Mom feel as if she were the most important Grandmother of the Groom that ever lived. They were patient and doting. Each time we went for a fitting, Mom and I felt like special quests. The whole experience added special memories to my son's wedding. I would highly recommend Dress Your Fancy to anyone who is looking for the perfect dress. Shelly is a GEM and so is her shop.

Sent on 09/05/2011

Melissa · Married on 07/19/2014

I would highly recommend Dress Your Fancy in Greene, NY. Working with Shelly was a pleasure from start to finish. She is friendly, attentive, and has a great eye for fashion. She helped me pick the dress that was just right for me, then styled it with the perfect bracelet and veil. She even smoothed out a hitch we had with a seamstress just days before the big day.
    Shelly also had a dress in mind for my mother before my mom even started her dress shopping. It turned out to be perfect and my mother looked stunning in it. Her staff was helpful in coordinating the guys tuxes, even when we were calling in last minute measurements. It was great doing business from a local shop that took care of almost all of our attire for the big day.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Haley Maclaren · Married on 10/13/2018

Country Rustic Bride

First visit I had at DYF I went in with just my mom and kept and open mind. I couldn’t tell you the number of dresses I tried on. Towards the end of the appointment I narrowed my choices down to three dresses. I wanted to take time to think about my decision so we left the first day. I came back with my bridesmaids, my mom, and my grandmother and I was able to pick my choice. But the entire time between the first appointment and second I kept thinking about one dress in particular I could see myself in walking down the aisle!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you Hayley for your review! We are so happy to have been able to help you find your PERFECT wedding gown! We are wishing you so much LOVE! Xo, DYF Team

Kate · Married on 09/27/2014

3.5

From the moment I stepped into this bridal shop, I was made to feel like I was special and I was the main focus of attention (which is how every bride should feel). Shelley was 100% phenomenal! I told her what I wanted and without having a sample dress in the store, she showed me my dream dress from a catalog, I took a risk and ordered it without trying it on first. It was more beautiful than I could've expected. Shopping for your wedding dress is probably the number one experience for most brides and Shelley made my experience so incredibly special. My Mom got her dress there and my girls dresses came from there too. Dress your fancy is THE place to go for bridal dress shopping. I can't say enough positive things about Shelley and her wonderful shop !

Sent on 10/05/2014

Meagan · Married on 11/19/2011

4.2
      3.5

I loved Dress Your Fancy! They found me the absolute perfect wedding dress. The owner is very sweet and made sure that I had everything that I wanted.

However, I did not like the seamstress that was used. The alterations on the bust of my gown were not done the way that I wanted them (my mom ended up fixing). The underneath layer of my gown was not hooked into the bustle so it was dragged across the floor the entire time during my reception. AND, she left a straight pin in the side of the gown which ended up tearing the side of my leg open and leaving a blood stain on the side of my gown.

I would highly recommend Dress Your Fancy, but I also recommend hat you find your own seamstress if you need any alterations.

Sent on 03/28/2012
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 11/09/2019

2.8

Not the greatest experience

Bought a dress off the sample rack, as it was discontinued and I fell in love with it. I felt like less of a customer here since I wasn’t buying a 5k Hayley Paige Dress which they seem to push. The owner is not very friendly, and it took 4 months to get my dress professionally cleaned, when they told me 4-6 weeks. I would say they only have 1 knowledgeable worker on staff and the girl I worked with didn’t seem to know anything about the gowns or how to style. Go elsewhere unless you’re looking to overpay and have an underwhelming experience.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Paige we are so sorry to hear that you did not have an amazing experience at DYF. We strive to make every brides experience the best and we apologize that we fell short. We have a wide variety of price point from $500 - $5,000 so there is something for every bride. Every single bride that walks through the door is important to us no matter what the price point. It may of seemed like we were pushing Hayley Paige but the weekend you came in for your appointment was a Hayley Paige trunk show so it was most likely mentioned more than any other time. The employee that you had worked with was new and was at the end of her training. We apologize that she was not as knowledgeable as she should of been and we will definitely be changing our training process in the future so that does not happen again. Thank you for leaving your feedback about your experience with us. We are wishing you and your new husband a wonderful future together and a lifetime of love!

Caitlyn · Married on 08/05/2011

1.8
      1.5
      1.0
      2.0

Although I liked the close location, Shelly, was very rude.
    Although it is her job to make sales, she was very pushy and scared me. I ended up buying the first dress I tried on because she said it might not be in on time..(6 months before my wedding?) Being my first time, I believed her.
    She kept telling me if I lost weight, I would look better, and ordered the wrong dress size to convince me to lose weight. (..she says this was different, but I was there and so was my mother. She said this size would fit but it would look better if I lost 10 lbs, or i could go up to the next size. Obviously I didn't want to get a bigger size, but the dress she ordered, did not fit.)
    I didn't like my dress, I wanted to exchange it-couldn't.
    So when I tried to make an appointment for a fitting, Shelly wasn't there and the women wrote down my home phone and wrote "Top priority" Shelly waited 2 weeks to call me back! And when she did, she didn't have time to fit me in for a fitting. I had to take my dress somewhere else. :/
    Overall-I did NOT like my experience there and DO NOT recommend it to anyone.

**Sorry I guess I phrased part of this wrong. I was allowed to switch dresses. But when I went, I couldn't find anything I liked because it had to be the same price of the first dress I bought.

Sent on 08/12/2011