Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique Reviews

119 | Vestal, NY

119 Reviews for Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique

Tricia 路 Getting married on 07/18/2023

the best of the best!

For starters DYF is absolutely incredible! The entire process could not have been any easier for me! I am still in shock that it was so easy and smooth. I initially I went to Dress Your Fancy because I was looking for a specific designer (Hayley Paige). They also offer trunk shows to help accessorize you on your day custom designed by Debra Mooreland. It was such a treat to be accessorized by the best of the best and you truly felt like a princess! We ended up buying dresses for my mother and my now mother in law- and they looked absolutely stunning as well. There is without a doubt we could not of had our fairytale day without them even with the pandemic regulations at the time! You can tell they go above and beyond giving attention to every detail. Truly an enjoyable experience.
    Thank you again, Shelly and Stephanie 馃枻馃枻

Sent on 11/01/2020
  • Tatiana

Natalia A. 路 Getting married on 05/15/2021

Customer service

Customer service is above and beyond. We would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a dress.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you Natalia! We loved helping you find your dream dress and we can not wait for your wedding day
  • Mikayla

Mikayla 路 Married on 09/26/2020

Great experience!

They were helpful and friendly and affordable

Sent on 11/01/2020
  • Kaylee

Kaylee R. 路 Married on 09/05/2020

The absolute best!!!

DYF surpassed my wildest expectations! I was one of there lucky yearly winners of the $1,000. A few months after winning I finally made my appointment. I showed up thinking I knew what I wanted and my talented stylist was able to pull something completely opposite of what I wanted. Let me tell you, when you know... you know!!! If it wasn鈥檛 for my amazing stylist I would not have left with my dream dress. DYF was by my side every step of the way even once Covid hit! I truly can鈥檛 imagine my wedding experience without them. Shelly and Stephanie go above and beyond for you and you will never have to worry about a thing. P.S. get your tux鈥檚 here too!!

Sent on 10/08/2020

Katie W. 路 Married on 06/13/2020

Going in just to look and ended up leaving with a perfect dress

I had such an incredible experience at Dress Your Fancy. Shelley and Emily were so inviting and accommodating (I had six people with me to look at dresses). It was so important to me to include my mom, grandmother, my fiance's mom and step-mom, my sister (MOH), and my best friend (MOH). We went in during a trunk show where Shelley had champagne and hor d'oeuvres out and ready, just to look to get an idea of what styles would be right for me. I tried on a handful of dresses with both Shelley and Emily's help! DYF has a wonderful selection of not only bridal gowns and stock dresses but also bridesmaid dresses that can be ordered in ivory so there was plenty of options to choose from for a girl on a budget (mine was $300-$400). I ended up falling in love with a dress that was unique and different and nothing I would have guessed I would've loved. Shelley was so great about my budget. The dress I bought was a stock dress and it fit as if it was made for me, which made it even more special! I ended up walking out of the store with my perfect dress that I held/hugged the entire way home! It was such an amazing day filled with fun, laughter, excitement and the most happy tears! I can't thank Shelley and Emily enough for their help and providing us with such a wonderful experience that I will cherish forever!

Sent on 03/28/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

At the end of the day, all that matters is you found the dress that was made for you (regardless of price) and made you feel perfect on your wedding day! We are so happy you chose us to help you find that dress and loved having you as a #DYFBride! -xoxx

Leigh B. 路 Married on 12/28/2019

Dreams coming true

Shelley was amazing! She worked with my schedule and stayed open late to help me find the dress of my dreams!! I spent a few hours in the shop with her and some family members and by the end it felt like she was a part of the family as well 鉂わ笍 I found my dream dress and cannot wait to walk down the aisle in the most amazing dress I could imagine!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Leigh, we are thrilled you had such a wonderful experience at our store! We loved working with you and only wish you the absolute best in your future! -xoxx
  • Christy

Christy G. 路 Married on 11/02/2019

Perfect dresses for the most perfect day!

Stephanie was wonderful to work with! She helped me find mine and my daughters dress for my wedding and they were everything (and more) we could have ever hoped for! They took my questions and concerns seriously and went above and beyond when my dress originally came in with issues. My new dress was in super quickly and they eased all concerns about time! Wonderful shop to work with!

Sent on 11/22/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

THANK YOU so much for the sweet words! It was such a pleasure getting to work with you and Sophia (btw she is so adorable!). DYF is wishing you and your new husband a lifetime of love. We can't wait to see more pictures!

Lacey 路 Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing Experience

This shop always treated me so well! From the first visit to all the alterations to picking up my dream dress and veil this shop was wonderful.

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • User4252701 路 1+ year ago

Dress Your Fancy is a beautiful bridal boutique that is owned and operated by one of the most caring, attentive and professional bridal consultants, Shelly Howell. There are so many choices of dress styles right in the boutique as well as many catalogs to order from. Shelly has a great eye for helping select a dress that is perfect for you. She makes suggestions, is very positive and encouraging and works with you every step of the way to ensure that the dress you select is one that looks great, fits perfectly and makes you feel beautiful. Shelly goes above and beyond giving attention to every detail. The final fitting is like a mini celebration with Shelly that you have made a wonderful choice and all is ready for your big day. Truly an enjoyable experience. I highly recommend Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Jenna H. 路 Married on 10/12/2019

Wedding dress

All the girls at dress your fancy were amazing! They went above and beyond to find me the perfect dress for my special day! The boutique is so inviting and your treated like a bride not just a number which I loved! I highly recommend dyf!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Tatiana

Tatiana 路 Married on 09/14/2019

The best possible experience!

I went to DYF with a very strict budget and a very short time frame to work with, but Stephanie and the other ladies helped me like I was any other bride! It was such an amazing experience! We even had some trouble with my bank towards the end, and we stayed on the phone for an hour to fix it together! I couldn鈥檛 have asked for a better experience finding my wedding dress.

Sent on 11/23/2018

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Hey Tatiana! You were awesome to work with! We are so glad you found the dress you love because at the end of the day, regardless of price, it is how the dress makes you feel and you were meant to be in THAT dress! We wish you love and joy in your future! -xoxx
  • Amanda

Amanda B. 路 Married on 09/06/2019

Amazing, wonderful, fantastic!

Shelly is seriously the best of the best. I have gone to her for dress help for 12 years starting with prom and most recently with my own wedding gown. My out of state bridesmaids have called in to order their dresses and they keep texting me saying how amazing Shelly is (she really knows her stuff). Shelly has been so helpful and flexible to meet my out of state (and in state) bridesmaids needs. I can鈥檛 say enough positive things about Dress Your Fancy and Shelly. The new shop in Vestal is gorgeous and looks like it should be a bridal show on TLC. I got my dress during the Hayley Paige trunk show and I am over the moon happy with my choice. Shelly helped me with my measurements, because the ones I gave her were totally off and would have landed me in a much bigger size than what I really am. She pays close attention to details like this to make sure everything turns out the way a bride would want. I thought I wanted my gown to be in pink so Shelly went out of her way to see if it was possible. She got back to me so fast and said it was possible. I ultimately stuck with white and Shelly didn鈥檛 even flinch to my indecisiveness, she understood completely and supported me through it all. I am signed up for the Paris by Debra Moreland Trunk show and cannot wait to see what I can add to my wedding look. Shelly really makes sure their are plenty of opportunities for Brides to find exactly what they want. The rest of the team is also amazing and kind. I highly recommend going here for your wedding gown! So many gorgeous gowns from different designers, you won鈥檛 regret it!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Amanda
  • Danielle

Danielle 路 Married on 09/06/2019

Best experience ever!

5+ star customer service, selection and experience! Shelly is incredible! She is 110% dedicated to finding you "your dress" and will not stop until the job is done. She gives you confidence, listens and offers you her honest opinion backed by years of experience in this industry. I cannot say enough good things about my experience here and cannot wait to continue working with them! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Danielle! Thank you for being so incredible as well! It was such a pleasure working with you and we wish you so much love and laughter in your future! -xoxx

Renee L. 路 Married on 08/31/2019

A perfect experience!

Everyone there is so nice and helpful! They do everything to make you feel special and help you find a dress you never want to take off!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much Renee! We appreciate the great review and always want our customers to be as happy as you are! Thanks again! -xoxx
  • Nora

Nora 路 Married on 08/31/2019

Let Shelley Make Your Dress Dreams Come True!

Initially I went to Dress Your Fancy because I was looking for a specific designer - Hayley Paige. I thought I would have to travel to NYC to find her dresses but I was so excited to find Dress Your Fancy carried her line!! From the first communication with Shelley, I felt important and special. My appointment was everything I had dreamed it would be. I told her what I was looking for (a ballgown with a dramatic back) and she knew exactly what to show me. I was able to look around and select what I wanted to try on and she also gave me some recommendations. When I got to the Hayley Paige section, I picked out my dress and got butterflies just looking at it on the hanger! She made me wait to try that one on until toward the end of my session...I think she knew that might be "the one" :) I knew immediately when I looked down at the dress on me, I was already tearing up before I even looked at myself! My mom cried as I walked out and then I looked at myself in the mirror and WOW, there was the princess I wanted to be! Shelley shared in our emotion and she too knew it was the one for me. I did really like another dress which was a completely different style (fitted) but in the end I knew the "Markle" was mine! She even let me come back a few times just to retry it on when I was having doubts and she never made me feel silly for being nervous about it. Shelley set me up with a seamstress and everything continued to go smoothly from there. Dress Your Fancy is a beautiful and bright boutique and and I never felt rushed or pressured into anything. My only small disappointment was not being informed that there was a Hayley Paige trunk show the following month. I definitely would've waited to have that experience. Even with that said, I have NO regrets...Shelley will give you the once in a lifetime experience that every girl should have!!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Brenda H. 路 Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding dress shopping

Wonderful experience with wedding dress shopping. We never felt rushed and we were treated great.

Sent on 08/19/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you Brenda! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience @ DYF! We enjoyed having you! -xoxx DYF Team

Angelica K. 路 Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing Experience!

I went to DYF after experiencing another vendor in Syracuse, total 180. The women at DYF were amazing! Helped me fit into my dresses, (we got very close) and had a good eye for what I was looking for. They also kept the excitement up with my guests, especially for my mom who was visiting from south TX. I loved every minute of being in the boutique and I found my perfect dress. I am so excited to go back at the end of the month to try it on!!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Andrew 路 Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing experience

Shelly and the team at Dress Your Fancy are out of this world amazing. From the first time I met them, they cared about making my dress choosing experience all I鈥檇 hoped it could be. They are so warm and inviting but never pushy and always honest about the lines that they carry. I ended up buying my wedding dress, MOB dress, and my veil and couldn鈥檛 have been more pleased! Thank you sooooo much DYF!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • MK

Mk 路 Married on 07/06/2019

Fantastic shop

The crew at DYF were wonderful to work with! They were patient with me while I decided on the perfect dress. When I had it narrowed down, they made a suggestion to one I was thinking of most, and that was what I needed! They were pleasant to work with and cared about their customers. I would highly recommend DYF for any of your formal dress/accessory needs!!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you MK for the wonderful review of our store! We are so happy that you chose to come into our store and become a #DYFBride! We do love our customers and our brides! Thanks again and we hope you live a beautiful life with your person! -xoxx
  • Alicia

Alicia 路 Married on 07/06/2019

Nailed it!

Beyond happy with my experience at DYF! When I first walked in I was asked what styles I liked, and what price range I wanted to stay within. I did not know completely what I wanted but knew what I did not like. The very first dress that she said she was going to pull for me she said when I first walked in, she thought this would be the perfect dress for me. And boy was she right!! I did not expect to pick the first dress I tried on but she really nailed the style with my body type and personality. I did go on to try on a handful of other dresses that I picked out but in the end the first one that she picked out for me was the one! Thank you DYF for finding me my dream dress!

Sent on 08/09/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Alicia, thank you so much for the wonderful review! Again, we appreciate your time and the fact that you chose us and trusted us to find your perfect wedding gown! You looked BEAUTIFUL! -xoxx
  • Meliss

Meliss M. 路 Married on 02/02/2019

DYF is amazing!!

The girls at DYF are so sweet and helpful! I loved my dress so much and it was at a very reasonable price. Everything was perfect! No complaints!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for this great review! We certainly appreciate wonderful brides like you! Thanks for being an awesome #DYFBride and we hope you live a life full of love and laughter! -xoxx DYF Team
  • Brittany

Brittany M. 路 Married on 01/06/2019

Cant say enough!! - Such a great experience!!

I cannot say enough good things about Dress Your Fancy!! While I unfortunately did not find my dream dress there, (my sister did), and I found everything else! - We found our Mother of the Bride dress (best selection I have seen in the area as far as quality dresses), grandmother of the bride dress, all my bridesmaid dresses and my accessories (hair piece, earrings, and veil)!

Every time I have been in the store has been a beyond pleasant experience! Everyone there is so so nice to work with! Shelley is extremely knowledgeable in the industry and gives you an honest professional opinion whenever you ask!

I had a small issue that came up, which was not at all the fault of DYF. Shelly and Stephanie went above and beyond to make it right and to ensure I was 100% happy! I can say from experience - They truly care about making the Bride happy however they can!

Sent on 04/25/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you Brittany for this great review! We are happy you found your perfect dress (even at a different location) but then we were able to help you complete your perfect look with the accessories and veil from our store! Your sis, Momma, and Grandma were great! Thanks again and we wish you only the best in your future! -xoxx DYF Team
  • Brooke

Brooke 路 Married on 12/06/2018

Best of the Best

The first step to starting my wedding planning was going to Dress Your Fancy to find my dress and I'm so glad it was. It started off the whole process off on the best note! I knew I was looking for a long sleeve dress but the options they had were to die for but with their help it was an easy decision.

Shelly and her staff are so welcoming and made the process seamless and fun! They made me feel so important, like a princess, and went above and beyond for me as they do for all their brides. The selection they have is incredible and not only for bridal gowns! I also got my veil, shoes, earrings, and my mom got her dress there as well! From the first appointment to the last it was all perfection! Dress Your Fancy was an absolute dream to work with and I can鈥檛 thank them enough for making all my bridal dreams come true. I recommend them to anyone and if you are not near the store they are worth traveling for!!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Brooke, THANK YOU so much for the amazing review! We loved working with you and your family to make all of your bridal dreams come true! You were such a stunning bride! We hope married life is everything you hoped it would be!! Wishing you a forever amount of love! Xoxo, DYF Team
  • Marissa

Marissa 路 Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing Service

Dress Your Fancy is so much more than just a bridal shop. They seriously make you feel like a princess and will do everything they can to make sure you find the perfect dress for your perfect day. I was actually sad when I picked my dress up because that meant no more visits! Everything from picking my dress, accessories, payment plan, and fittings were perfect. I can't think them enough for making me feel amazing!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Joanna

Joanna 路 Married on 09/02/2018

Gorgeous line of dresses!

I came to visit Dress Your Fancy when my best friend told me to start my search there based on her experience. I had no idea what I was looking for but knew my budget. Shelley was the person who worked with me and she AMAZING to work with! I had a few dresses I tried on but they all didn鈥檛 shape my full figured body. Shelley pulled a Rebecca ingraham for Maggie sottero and I was instantly in love! It wasn鈥檛 what I thought I pictured myself in but it had all the elements and it shaped my waist. Plus the best part was that it was in my budget. I cannot say enough how great this team is to work with. I went to a few other shops but I felt less rushed here than I did anywhere else. My little cousin is getting married and I have told her to make sure she makes an appointment to see Shelley and her team at Dress Your Fancy!

Sent on 10/17/2018