Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique Reviews

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 5
Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 6
Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 7

Katie Weeks · Getting married on 06/13/2020

Going in just to look and ended up leaving with a perfect dress

I had such an incredible experience at Dress Your Fancy. Shelley and Emily were so inviting and accommodating (I had six people with me to look at dresses). It was so important to me to include my mom, grandmother, my fiance's mom and step-mom, my sister (MOH), and my best friend (MOH). We went in during a trunk show where Shelley had champagne and hor d'oeuvres out and ready, just to look to get an idea of what styles would be right for me. I tried on a handful of dresses with both Shelley and Emily's help! DYF has a wonderful selection of not only bridal gowns and stock dresses but also bridesmaid dresses that can be ordered in ivory so there was plenty of options to choose from for a girl on a budget (mine was $300-$400). I ended up falling in love with a dress that was unique and different and nothing I would have guessed I would've loved. Shelley was so great about my budget. The dress I bought was a stock dress and it fit as if it was made for me, which made it even more special! I ended up walking out of the store with my perfect dress that I held/hugged the entire way home! It was such an amazing day filled with fun, laughter, excitement and the most happy tears! I can't thank Shelley and Emily enough for their help and providing us with such a wonderful experience that I will cherish forever!

Sent on 03/28/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

At the end of the day, all that matters is you found the dress that was made for you (regardless of price) and made you feel perfect on your wedding day! We are so happy you chose us to help you find that dress and loved having you as a #DYFBride! -xoxx

Leigh Bennett · Getting married on 12/28/2019

Dreams coming true

Shelley was amazing! She worked with my schedule and stayed open late to help me find the dress of my dreams!! I spent a few hours in the shop with her and some family members and by the end it felt like she was a part of the family as well ❤️ I found my dream dress and cannot wait to walk down the aisle in the most amazing dress I could imagine!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Leigh, we are thrilled you had such a wonderful experience at our store! We loved working with you and only wish you the absolute best in your future! -xoxx
  • User4252701 · Recently married

Dress Your Fancy is a beautiful bridal boutique that is owned and operated by one of the most caring, attentive and professional bridal consultants, Shelly Howell. There are so many choices of dress styles right in the boutique as well as many catalogs to order from. Shelly has a great eye for helping select a dress that is perfect for you. She makes suggestions, is very positive and encouraging and works with you every step of the way to ensure that the dress you select is one that looks great, fits perfectly and makes you feel beautiful. Shelly goes above and beyond giving attention to every detail. The final fitting is like a mini celebration with Shelly that you have made a wonderful choice and all is ready for your big day. Truly an enjoyable experience. I highly recommend Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique.

Sent on 07/16/2014
  • Tatiana

Tatiana · Married on 09/14/2019

The best possible experience!

I went to DYF with a very strict budget and a very short time frame to work with, but Stephanie and the other ladies helped me like I was any other bride! It was such an amazing experience! We even had some trouble with my bank towards the end, and we stayed on the phone for an hour to fix it together! I couldn’t have asked for a better experience finding my wedding dress.

Sent on 11/23/2018

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Hey Tatiana! You were awesome to work with! We are so glad you found the dress you love because at the end of the day, regardless of price, it is how the dress makes you feel and you were meant to be in THAT dress! We wish you love and joy in your future! -xoxx
  • Amanda

Amanda Brown · Married on 09/06/2019

Amazing, wonderful, fantastic!

Shelly is seriously the best of the best. I have gone to her for dress help for 12 years starting with prom and most recently with my own wedding gown. My out of state bridesmaids have called in to order their dresses and they keep texting me saying how amazing Shelly is (she really knows her stuff). Shelly has been so helpful and flexible to meet my out of state (and in state) bridesmaids needs. I can’t say enough positive things about Dress Your Fancy and Shelly. The new shop in Vestal is gorgeous and looks like it should be a bridal show on TLC. I got my dress during the Hayley Paige trunk show and I am over the moon happy with my choice. Shelly helped me with my measurements, because the ones I gave her were totally off and would have landed me in a much bigger size than what I really am. She pays close attention to details like this to make sure everything turns out the way a bride would want. I thought I wanted my gown to be in pink so Shelly went out of her way to see if it was possible. She got back to me so fast and said it was possible. I ultimately stuck with white and Shelly didn’t even flinch to my indecisiveness, she understood completely and supported me through it all. I am signed up for the Paris by Debra Moreland Trunk show and cannot wait to see what I can add to my wedding look. Shelly really makes sure their are plenty of opportunities for Brides to find exactly what they want. The rest of the team is also amazing and kind. I highly recommend going here for your wedding gown! So many gorgeous gowns from different designers, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 01/08/2019
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 8
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 9
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 10

Amanda
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/06/2019

Best experience ever!

5+ star customer service, selection and experience! Shelly is incredible! She is 110% dedicated to finding you "your dress" and will not stop until the job is done. She gives you confidence, listens and offers you her honest opinion backed by years of experience in this industry. I cannot say enough good things about my experience here and cannot wait to continue working with them! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 01/10/2019
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 11
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 12
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 13

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Danielle! Thank you for being so incredible as well! It was such a pleasure working with you and we wish you so much love and laughter in your future! -xoxx

Renee Lamont · Married on 08/31/2019

A perfect experience!

Everyone there is so nice and helpful! They do everything to make you feel special and help you find a dress you never want to take off!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much Renee! We appreciate the great review and always want our customers to be as happy as you are! Thanks again! -xoxx
  • Nora

Nora · Married on 08/31/2019

Let Shelley Make Your Dress Dreams Come True!

Initially I went to Dress Your Fancy because I was looking for a specific designer - Hayley Paige. I thought I would have to travel to NYC to find her dresses but I was so excited to find Dress Your Fancy carried her line!! From the first communication with Shelley, I felt important and special. My appointment was everything I had dreamed it would be. I told her what I was looking for (a ballgown with a dramatic back) and she knew exactly what to show me. I was able to look around and select what I wanted to try on and she also gave me some recommendations. When I got to the Hayley Paige section, I picked out my dress and got butterflies just looking at it on the hanger! She made me wait to try that one on until toward the end of my session...I think she knew that might be "the one" :) I knew immediately when I looked down at the dress on me, I was already tearing up before I even looked at myself! My mom cried as I walked out and then I looked at myself in the mirror and WOW, there was the princess I wanted to be! Shelley shared in our emotion and she too knew it was the one for me. I did really like another dress which was a completely different style (fitted) but in the end I knew the "Markle" was mine! She even let me come back a few times just to retry it on when I was having doubts and she never made me feel silly for being nervous about it. Shelley set me up with a seamstress and everything continued to go smoothly from there. Dress Your Fancy is a beautiful and bright boutique and and I never felt rushed or pressured into anything. My only small disappointment was not being informed that there was a Hayley Paige trunk show the following month. I definitely would've waited to have that experience. Even with that said, I have NO regrets...Shelley will give you the once in a lifetime experience that every girl should have!!

Sent on 09/29/2019
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 14

Brenda Harrington · Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding dress shopping

Wonderful experience with wedding dress shopping. We never felt rushed and we were treated great.

Sent on 08/19/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you Brenda! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience @ DYF! We enjoyed having you! -xoxx DYF Team

Angelica Keen · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing Experience!

I went to DYF after experiencing another vendor in Syracuse, total 180. The women at DYF were amazing! Helped me fit into my dresses, (we got very close) and had a good eye for what I was looking for. They also kept the excitement up with my guests, especially for my mom who was visiting from south TX. I loved every minute of being in the boutique and I found my perfect dress. I am so excited to go back at the end of the month to try it on!!

Sent on 09/10/2019

ANDREW · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing experience

Shelly and the team at Dress Your Fancy are out of this world amazing. From the first time I met them, they cared about making my dress choosing experience all I’d hoped it could be. They are so warm and inviting but never pushy and always honest about the lines that they carry. I ended up buying my wedding dress, MOB dress, and my veil and couldn’t have been more pleased! Thank you sooooo much DYF!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • MK

MK · Married on 07/06/2019

Fantastic shop

The crew at DYF were wonderful to work with! They were patient with me while I decided on the perfect dress. When I had it narrowed down, they made a suggestion to one I was thinking of most, and that was what I needed! They were pleasant to work with and cared about their customers. I would highly recommend DYF for any of your formal dress/accessory needs!!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you MK for the wonderful review of our store! We are so happy that you chose to come into our store and become a #DYFBride! We do love our customers and our brides! Thanks again and we hope you live a beautiful life with your person! -xoxx
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 07/06/2019

Nailed it!

Beyond happy with my experience at DYF! When I first walked in I was asked what styles I liked, and what price range I wanted to stay within. I did not know completely what I wanted but knew what I did not like. The very first dress that she said she was going to pull for me she said when I first walked in, she thought this would be the perfect dress for me. And boy was she right!! I did not expect to pick the first dress I tried on but she really nailed the style with my body type and personality. I did go on to try on a handful of other dresses that I picked out but in the end the first one that she picked out for me was the one! Thank you DYF for finding me my dream dress!

Sent on 08/09/2019
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 15

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Alicia, thank you so much for the wonderful review! Again, we appreciate your time and the fact that you chose us and trusted us to find your perfect wedding gown! You looked BEAUTIFUL! -xoxx
  • Meliss

Meliss May Jor · Married on 02/02/2019

DYF is amazing!!

The girls at DYF are so sweet and helpful! I loved my dress so much and it was at a very reasonable price. Everything was perfect! No complaints!

Sent on 02/11/2019
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 16

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for this great review! We certainly appreciate wonderful brides like you! Thanks for being an awesome #DYFBride and we hope you live a life full of love and laughter! -xoxx DYF Team
  • Brittany

Brittany Morgan · Married on 01/06/2019

Cant say enough!! - Such a great experience!!

I cannot say enough good things about Dress Your Fancy!! While I unfortunately did not find my dream dress there, (my sister did), and I found everything else! - We found our Mother of the Bride dress (best selection I have seen in the area as far as quality dresses), grandmother of the bride dress, all my bridesmaid dresses and my accessories (hair piece, earrings, and veil)!

Every time I have been in the store has been a beyond pleasant experience! Everyone there is so so nice to work with! Shelley is extremely knowledgeable in the industry and gives you an honest professional opinion whenever you ask!

I had a small issue that came up, which was not at all the fault of DYF. Shelly and Stephanie went above and beyond to make it right and to ensure I was 100% happy! I can say from experience - They truly care about making the Bride happy however they can!

Sent on 04/25/2019

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you Brittany for this great review! We are happy you found your perfect dress (even at a different location) but then we were able to help you complete your perfect look with the accessories and veil from our store! Your sis, Momma, and Grandma were great! Thanks again and we wish you only the best in your future! -xoxx DYF Team
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 12/06/2018

Best of the Best

The first step to starting my wedding planning was going to Dress Your Fancy to find my dress and I'm so glad it was. It started off the whole process off on the best note! I knew I was looking for a long sleeve dress but the options they had were to die for but with their help it was an easy decision.

Shelly and her staff are so welcoming and made the process seamless and fun! They made me feel so important, like a princess, and went above and beyond for me as they do for all their brides. The selection they have is incredible and not only for bridal gowns! I also got my veil, shoes, earrings, and my mom got her dress there as well! From the first appointment to the last it was all perfection! Dress Your Fancy was an absolute dream to work with and I can’t thank them enough for making all my bridal dreams come true. I recommend them to anyone and if you are not near the store they are worth traveling for!!

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 17
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 18
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 19
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 20
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 21
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 22

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique's reply:

Brooke, THANK YOU so much for the amazing review! We loved working with you and your family to make all of your bridal dreams come true! You were such a stunning bride! We hope married life is everything you hoped it would be!! Wishing you a forever amount of love! Xoxo, DYF Team
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing Service

Dress Your Fancy is so much more than just a bridal shop. They seriously make you feel like a princess and will do everything they can to make sure you find the perfect dress for your perfect day. I was actually sad when I picked my dress up because that meant no more visits! Everything from picking my dress, accessories, payment plan, and fittings were perfect. I can't think them enough for making me feel amazing!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Joanna

Joanna · Married on 09/02/2018

Gorgeous line of dresses!

I came to visit Dress Your Fancy when my best friend told me to start my search there based on her experience. I had no idea what I was looking for but knew my budget. Shelley was the person who worked with me and she AMAZING to work with! I had a few dresses I tried on but they all didn’t shape my full figured body. Shelley pulled a Rebecca ingraham for Maggie sottero and I was instantly in love! It wasn’t what I thought I pictured myself in but it had all the elements and it shaped my waist. Plus the best part was that it was in my budget. I cannot say enough how great this team is to work with. I went to a few other shops but I felt less rushed here than I did anywhere else. My little cousin is getting married and I have told her to make sure she makes an appointment to see Shelley and her team at Dress Your Fancy!

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 23
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 24

Rachel · Married on 08/11/2018

The 2 girls that run this shop are truly amazing. They did such a wonderful job with getting my my dress and all of our tuxes for a amazing price! They were VERY responsive and just want to make sure you have everything you need for your special day. When my dress came in it had a little black spot on it.. they fixed the issue very quickly and got it right out! Amazing service and great shop! I have never felt more beautiful!

Sent on 08/19/2018
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 25

Mary · Married on 07/29/2018

Thank you to the entire staff at DYF for helping make my wedding day absolutely perfect. Shelly listened intently to my ideas of what I wanted to look like on my wedding day and found my dress!! From the first to final fitting, the staff made sure the dress was ready for our destination wedding without adding any worry.

Highly recommended and worth the trip even if you live out of town. Big city distinction with small town hospitality.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Hilary · Married on 07/28/2018

This bridal shop was just completely amazing! They went above and beyond what is expected!! Owner even offered to drive a hour to my house to help put my dress on!! ❤️❤️

Sent on 08/17/2018
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 26
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 27

Ellen · Married on 07/28/2018

Shelly and here staff were amazing to work with. On my first visit to her salon, I wasn't able to find a dress that I felt was mine. Shelly invited me to look at the designers web site and see if there was anything on their that I liked. I did just that and in fact I found a dress that I loved. This particular dress was not due to come out in samples for several months, but Shelly contacted that designer and they sent the dress in the picture (model sized!) for me to try on. I was able to put the dress on and fell in love with it. The ordering process was wonderful with here staff. They kept me informed of shipping dates and let me know as soon as my dress was in. When it came time for me to pick up my dress, they were in the process of moving their shop. They offered to bring my dress to their new shop (during a crazy and hectic moving time for them) which would save me an hour and a half of my valuable bride time. I just cannot say enough nice things about Shelly and her staff. Do yourself a favor a plan a visit to her shop and you will get the personal care that a bride to be should get!

Sent on 08/18/2018

Samantha · Married on 07/21/2018

I can’t express how amazing Shelly and her staff are. From the moment we walked in the door, myself, mother, mother in law and bridesmaids were welcomed in with open arms and welcoming smiles. I am originally from Upstate NY and traveled from FL to wedding dress shop with my family and friends while home wedding planning. During the whole process Shelly made everything easy for me even with living so far away from the shop and for that I’m forever greatful for her. Shelly and her team have a immense amount of passion and love for what they do. They are true masters of their trade and it shows through. They truly made dress shopping for all of us easy and made each of us feel beautiful. I can’t recommend them enough to everyone. Working with everyone at DYF was one of my highlights of my whole wedding planning process! They truly are amazing!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Tamara · Married on 06/08/2018

I can’t say enough about how great Dress Your Fancy is! I live in England, my wedding was in France but my mother lives in Upstate New York and she really wanted to help me find my dress... I fell immediately in love with one of the first dresses Shelly pulled. With only 6 months before my wedding, this did not leave much time to have the dress made. I also had very minimal time to come back for a fitting and alterations. Shelly was an absolute superstar!!!! She rushed the dress, arranged for last minute alterations and did everything on my timeframe so I did not have to stress. She has a gorgeous variety of dresses and accessories (I also purchased my veil and jewelry here) and a really bright personality. I don’t think you could find a better bridal boutique!!!!

Sent on 10/02/2018
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 28
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 29
    Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 30

Mary · Married on 05/05/2018

Shelly and her staff were exceptional. From the moment I entered the shop I felt welcomed! I asked for sincere suggestions for gowns that would flatter my body type. Shelly and I selected about 10, which we narrowed down to two. The quality of my gown is top notch and I feel very pleased with it! We set up the original appointment through email, and she also phoned just to verify our date and time. This shop is the very best! I have been to NYC where there are many, many choices, but not personalized service. Shelly can order ANY dress you want and business is kept local. Thank you to Dress Your Fancy for making my experience terrific.

Sent on 04/07/2018