Dreamy Elk Photography & Design Reviews

Dreamy Elk Photography & Design 7
  • Jeff

Jeff Johnson · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Emily is the Greatest

Emily was truly amazing and captured our day perfectly! Wouldn't want anyone else taking our photos. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/16/2019

Amy Root · Getting married on 07/20/2019

Anniversary Shoot

My husband and I had an anniversary shoot with Emily. She is so knowledgeable and professional. She helped us feel comfortable every step of the way. We are not photogenic people, but Emily had perfect cues to make sure we got amazing photos. She did such as great job guiding us the whole shoot. She also provided us with style guides and made us look like super models. I would highly recommend her over and over again!

Sent on 03/03/2019
  • Larissa

Larissa · Married on 02/23/2019

Fantastic!

Loved that Emily was able to work within our budget and was such a sweetheart to work with! Even with just one photographer she was able to get a lot of amazing shots! Highly recommend working with her for your big day!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Marytalia · Married on 07/20/2018

Emily Ross is absolutely awesome! We loved her professionalism, but she was still able to be relaxed and fun during the whole process. She has a photographer’s eye! She knows exactly what to look for to create authentic and stunning photos, really capturing the moment of our love.

She’s very meticulous in getting the right shot, yet she did it so naturally and effortlessly.
    She’s a ball of light, and we definitely loved our wedding photos!
    Thank you Emily!

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Dreamy Elk Photography & Design 12
    Dreamy Elk Photography & Design 13
    Dreamy Elk Photography & Design 14
    Dreamy Elk Photography & Design 15
    Dreamy Elk Photography & Design 16

Rebecca · Married on 05/26/2018

Can't recommend her enough!

It took me a year to get around to writing this review, but I had to finally do it because Emily is such a joy to work with! She's amazingly responsive and organized (photos after the ceremony were a breeze), she's great at getting you to loosen up in front of the camera, and her photos are absolutely gorgeous - she has an eye for interesting locations and poses, and the shots are just artful.

She's also super dedicated to her clients - she had a baby about three months before our wedding, and was still on top of my bridal shoot, wedding photos, and all the travel and editing that came with them. I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Kathryn · Married on 03/09/2018

I am so happy with our wedding pictures! Emily did a fantastic job! It was great to work with her from the beginning of the planning process through the end of my wedding day.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Ben · Married on 03/09/2018

If you have the chance to work with Dreamy Elk, take it! Emily was professional, quick, creative, and fun. We got all the pictures we wanted, and so much more!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Megan · Married on 07/30/2017

I can't say enough wonderful things about Emily. My new husband and I (and our families) couldn't be more pleased with how our engagements, my bridals, and our wedding photos turned out. Emily was so easy to work with from the first conversation we had, and she was so much fun to work with in person. We couldn't believe how much fun (or easy) taking pictures was with Emily, and she has such a great way of giving guidance, but letting the moment unfold naturally. She is totally unobtrusive but still beautifully captures the special moments. Emily was flexible, energetic, and everything we wanted in our photographer!

Thanks so much for taking beautiful photos that we will be able to enjoy forever!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Garrett · Married on 06/04/2017

Emily was very accommodating and worked hard to streamline all the photo sessions even though our wedding format was little different from what she is used to doing. The pictures are of a great quality, and really capture the essence of our wedding. Both Emily and her assistant were very unobtrusive and worked with the flow of the wedding to get the best shots they could. I appreciate Emily's dedication to the agreed upon timeline and her ability to keep things going even when the weather and guests were not cooperating.

I also enjoyed the work she did on our engagement photos. She traipsed with us all over the place finding the most picturesque spots. Emily really has a knack for getting the best angles even if her subjects are not always the most photogenic.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Ardala · Married on 05/06/2017

I cannot praise Emily enough! She was our photographer both for our engagement pictures and wedding day. She took the time to get to know us, and what we wanted. She is really accommodating, and at the same time, she'll tell you what to do to get great pictures. She was able to capture so many fantastic details from our wedding day, and so many things I really didn't even notice during the ceremony or reception, because there's just so much going on. I was so pleased she got pictures taken of the flowers, our rings, exit car, and so many other details that now we'll remember forever. My number one rule for the vendors is I wouldn't hire a person I wouldn't invite to the wedding. Emily is such a great person to be around, after having her with us on these special days I end up feeling she's more of a friend of ours than a vendor. Also, just a few days before the wedding I had this idea for a group picture with heart balloons, I asked her if that would be possible, and she was totally in! Our pictures are gorgeous and I can't stop looking at them.

Sent on 06/02/2017

lindsay · Married on 03/11/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Emily. From the very beginning, she was extremely responsive and answered any and every question I had – photography related or not. She is extremely knowledgeable, communicative, and down to earth, making her a pleasure to work with. Emily made us feel very comfortable during both our engagement session and wedding and made the entire process fun. Emily has such an incredible talent and every picture turned out stunning, we received so many compliments on our pictures! Thanks to Emily, our wedding was stress-free, captured beautifully, and a day we will never forget. Hiring Emily was one of the first and best decisions I made!

Sent on 05/18/2017

lindsey · Married on 11/12/2016

Emily is very laid back and welcoming. She made both of us feel very comfortable but also helped us enjoy the sessions. She kept my husband and the wedding party laughing and smiling throughout the whole wedding- she is awesome. To add, she does really awesome work and all of the pictures came out beautifully! I am very happy with our decision to work with her- would DEFINITELY recommend!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Danelle · Married on 11/05/2016

Working with Emily was great! She's got a great attitude and was able to everyone on time. I have no complaints.

Sent on 11/15/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/04/2016

Emily was absolutely wonderful to work with . I am so grateful we chose her for our engagement and wedding photos . She has such an energetic and infectious personality , which was fantastic as I had a shy groom . She made both of us feel comfortable and somehow magically got my groom to smile and laugh! Running around at 8 am in the humidity with a smile on her face I couldn't have asked for more .If you want the most authentic, unique, and fun photos in town, Emily is your girl . One conversation with them and you'll be hooked. Thank you So much Emily for the amazing photos and memories :)

Sent on 11/16/2016

Heather · Married on 07/23/2016

She was very organized and friendly. She was a great addition to our day.

Sent on 12/20/2016

karen · Married on 07/03/2016

We absolutely love our wedding photos! Emily was easy to work with, professional and went above and beyond. She was very organized and managed a tight schedule with ease. I'd highly recommend Dreamy Elk Photography!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Bennett · Married on 07/03/2016

We love our photos. The lighting was great! Emily was easy to work with and very personable. She understood exactly what we were looking for. I'd recommend her!

Sent on 11/23/2016
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 07/02/2016

Invitations for the Win!

I had been admiring the work of Dreamy Elk (aka: Emily) for several years, but had not had a reason to contact her. I finally got the chance to ask her to design (2) separate sets of invitations for a Bachelorette Party. I knew I wanted a booklet invitation (which I knew would be more time intensive) and then a separate flat invitation, and I only gave her about a week and a half to complete the order! Emily was amazing and created exactly what I wanted, made the changes I requested, and got everything completed in the timeline I requested. Her pricing was fair and upfront- every time something needed to change (whether an increase due to assembly, or a reduction because less material was used) she communicated every step of the way. This was probably the easiest experience I have had with having custom invitations made. I'm excited to use her in the future to make card books for myself!!

Sent on 05/16/2019

Erin · Married on 06/04/2016

Working with Emily was wonderful! She walked me through every step of the photography process and I never once felt stressed, overwhelmed, or confused by her approach. She was so communicative and professional; our venue got flooded the day of, and we had to scramble to find another venue on the other side of the city; Emily's work was seamless, and she was right on board with all of our wacky last-minute changes. Not to mention, the photos were marvelous and captured our day so perfectly. Every person who we shared our photos with was just as impressed as we were. I would sincerely recommend Dreamy Elk Photography.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Kristen · Married on 04/24/2016

Emily was wonderful to work with. We had do unexpectedly move our venue 5 days before the wedding and she was so sweet and understanding- she said to let her know if we needed anything (and she meant it)! Emily and her assistant worked with us on the wedding day to take outdoor photos while it was sprinkling. The photos were absolutely beautiful (lighting and quality), it is going to be hard to narrow down our favorites.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Rebecca · Married on 01/24/2016

I was the fifth bride in my family to have Emily as our photographer. I had seen her perform stellar work and capture beautiful photographs with my other sisters and cousins in the past! Im not exaggerating when I tell you that the the day after my fiancée proposed, I messaged her to see if she had our wedding date available! Thank goodness she did because she made my wedding/bridal photos a breeze. I was so worried I would come across awkward in front of the camera, and my husband isn't exactly a total natural either. Emily told us small adjustments to make during our photographs, laughed with us and made it feel fun and special. She has an eye for capturing moments during your wedding that you'll look back on and treasure (because let's be honest you don't get to enjoy but a few details because the day flies by and a ton of people want time with you). I would highly recommend Emily to anyone who wants a photographer to capture all the special and lovely moments of their wedding. So book her and cross it off your list as one less thing to worry about :)

Sent on 04/26/2016
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/27/2015

I couldn't be more pleased with Emily's work! She goes above and beyond in her work and stuck it out through my bridal a in hot, humid weather, and they turned out amazing! I highly recommend Emily for your wedding to shoot your dream photos :)

Sent on 07/15/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/23/2015

Emily is an amazing photographer! We have already done three photo shoots with her and are just SO impressed with how well they all turned out! Also, she was always welcome to fresh ideas and different poses. The time spent with her was a lot of fun filled with laughter and silliness. She is such a wonderful person inside and out! We are happy to have her as our photographer! We love you Emily and thank you for all of your hard work!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Beki · Married on 05/03/2015

I would highly recommend Emily for a wedding photographer. She was very easy to work with during the planning process, and she helped the wedding day itself run smoothly too. We absolutely love our wedding photos and were so happy with how they turned out.

Sent on 07/24/2015