63 Reviews for Dreamy Elk Photography & Design

Additional Hours (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Multi. Locations (1)
61 Dreamy Elk Photography & Design Reviews

Emily Ross is absolutely awesome! We loved her professionalism, but she was still able to be relaxed and fun during the whole process. She has a photographer’s eye! She knows exactly what to look for to create authentic and stunning photos, really capturing the moment of our love.

She’s very meticulous in getting the right shot, yet she did it so naturally and effortlessly.
She’s a ball of light, and we definitely loved our wedding photos!
Thank you Emily!

Photo for Dreamy Elk Photography & Design Review - Swooped
Photo for Dreamy Elk Photography & Design Review - One of our favorites!
Photo for Dreamy Elk Photography & Design Review - Amazing!
Photo for Dreamy Elk Photography & Design Review - Doesn’t this need to be the cover of a wedding magazine?
Photo for Dreamy Elk Photography & Design Review - Best wedding shot ever.
Profile Picture Marytalia, 7/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am so happy with our wedding pictures! Emily did a fantastic job! It was great to work with her from the beginning of the planning process through the end of my wedding day.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 3/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you have the chance to work with Dreamy Elk, take it! Emily was professional, quick, creative, and fun. We got all the pictures we wanted, and so much more!

Profile Picture Ben, 3/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Unique Services (Other)

I can't say enough wonderful things about Emily. My new husband and I (and our families) couldn't be more pleased with how our engagements, my bridals, and our wedding photos turned out. Emily was so easy to work with from the first conversation we had, and she was so much fun to work with in person. We couldn't believe how much fun (or easy) taking pictures was with Emily, and she has such a great way of giving guidance, but letting the moment unfold naturally. She is totally unobtrusive but still beautifully captures the special moments. Emily was flexible, energetic, and everything we wanted in our photographer!

Thanks so much for taking beautiful photos that we will be able to enjoy forever!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits

Emily was very accommodating and worked hard to streamline all the photo sessions even though our wedding format was little different from what she is used to doing. The pictures are of a great quality, and really capture the essence of our wedding. Both Emily and her assistant were very unobtrusive and worked with the flow of the wedding to get the best shots they could. I appreciate Emily's dedication to the agreed upon timeline and her ability to keep things going even when the weather and guests were not cooperating.

I also enjoyed the work she did on our engagement photos. She traipsed with us all over the place finding the most picturesque spots. Emily really has a knack for getting the best angles even if her subjects are not always the most photogenic.

Profile Picture Garrett, 6/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot praise Emily enough! She was our photographer both for our engagement pictures and wedding day. She took the time to get to know us, and what we wanted. She is really accommodating, and at the same time, she'll tell you what to do to get great pictures. She was able to capture so many fantastic details from our wedding day, and so many things I really didn't even notice during the ceremony or reception, because there's just so much going on. I was so pleased she got pictures taken of the flowers, our rings, exit car, and so many other details that now we'll remember forever. My number one rule for the vendors is I wouldn't hire a person I wouldn't invite to the wedding. Emily is such a great person to be around, after having her with us on these special days I end up feeling she's more of a friend of ours than a vendor. Also, just a few days before the wedding I had this idea for a group picture with heart balloons, I asked her if that would be possible, and she was totally in! Our pictures are gorgeous and I can't stop looking at them.

Profile Picture Ardala, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough great things about Emily. From the very beginning, she was extremely responsive and answered any and every question I had – photography related or not. She is extremely knowledgeable, communicative, and down to earth, making her a pleasure to work with. Emily made us feel very comfortable during both our engagement session and wedding and made the entire process fun. Emily has such an incredible talent and every picture turned out stunning, we received so many compliments on our pictures! Thanks to Emily, our wedding was stress-free, captured beautifully, and a day we will never forget. Hiring Emily was one of the first and best decisions I made!

Profile Picture lindsay, 3/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits

Emily is very laid back and welcoming. She made both of us feel very comfortable but also helped us enjoy the sessions. She kept my husband and the wedding party laughing and smiling throughout the whole wedding- she is awesome. To add, she does really awesome work and all of the pictures came out beautifully! I am very happy with our decision to work with her- would DEFINITELY recommend!

Profile Picture lindsey, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Emily was great! She's got a great attitude and was able to everyone on time. I have no complaints.

Profile Picture Danelle, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Emily was absolutely wonderful to work with . I am so grateful we chose her for our engagement and wedding photos . She has such an energetic and infectious personality , which was fantastic as I had a shy groom . She made both of us feel comfortable and somehow magically got my groom to smile and laugh! Running around at 8 am in the humidity with a smile on her face I couldn't have asked for more .If you want the most authentic, unique, and fun photos in town, Emily is your girl . One conversation with them and you'll be hooked. Thank you So much Emily for the amazing photos and memories :)

Profile Picture Whitney, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

She was very organized and friendly. She was a great addition to our day.

Profile Picture Heather, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We absolutely love our wedding photos! Emily was easy to work with, professional and went above and beyond. She was very organized and managed a tight schedule with ease. I'd highly recommend Dreamy Elk Photography!

Profile Picture karen, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We love our photos. The lighting was great! Emily was easy to work with and very personable. She understood exactly what we were looking for. I'd recommend her!

Profile Picture Bennett, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Emily was wonderful! She walked me through every step of the photography process and I never once felt stressed, overwhelmed, or confused by her approach. She was so communicative and professional; our venue got flooded the day of, and we had to scramble to find another venue on the other side of the city; Emily's work was seamless, and she was right on board with all of our wacky last-minute changes. Not to mention, the photos were marvelous and captured our day so perfectly. Every person who we shared our photos with was just as impressed as we were. I would sincerely recommend Dreamy Elk Photography.

Profile Picture Erin, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Emily was wonderful to work with. We had do unexpectedly move our venue 5 days before the wedding and she was so sweet and understanding- she said to let her know if we needed anything (and she meant it)! Emily and her assistant worked with us on the wedding day to take outdoor photos while it was sprinkling. The photos were absolutely beautiful (lighting and quality), it is going to be hard to narrow down our favorites.

Profile Picture Kristen, 4/24/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, High-Res Images

I was the fifth bride in my family to have Emily as our photographer. I had seen her perform stellar work and capture beautiful photographs with my other sisters and cousins in the past! Im not exaggerating when I tell you that the the day after my fiancée proposed, I messaged her to see if she had our wedding date available! Thank goodness she did because she made my wedding/bridal photos a breeze. I was so worried I would come across awkward in front of the camera, and my husband isn't exactly a total natural either. Emily told us small adjustments to make during our photographs, laughed with us and made it feel fun and special. She has an eye for capturing moments during your wedding that you'll look back on and treasure (because let's be honest you don't get to enjoy but a few details because the day flies by and a ton of people want time with you). I would highly recommend Emily to anyone who wants a photographer to capture all the special and lovely moments of their wedding. So book her and cross it off your list as one less thing to worry about :)

Profile Picture Rebecca, 1/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I couldn't be more pleased with Emily's work! She goes above and beyond in her work and stuck it out through my bridal a in hot, humid weather, and they turned out amazing! I highly recommend Emily for your wedding to shoot your dream photos :)

Profile Picture Sarah , 6/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Emily is an amazing photographer! We have already done three photo shoots with her and are just SO impressed with how well they all turned out! Also, she was always welcome to fresh ideas and different poses. The time spent with her was a lot of fun filled with laughter and silliness. She is such a wonderful person inside and out! We are happy to have her as our photographer! We love you Emily and thank you for all of your hard work!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

I would highly recommend Emily for a wedding photographer. She was very easy to work with during the planning process, and she helped the wedding day itself run smoothly too. We absolutely love our wedding photos and were so happy with how they turned out.

Profile Picture Beki, 5/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

As someone who would run away from cameras in her younger days (literally), I definitely needed a photographer who was patient and able to tell my clueless self what to do in photos. Emily's personality balances friendly and authoritative perfectly: she puts you at ease and doesn't ever make you feel silly or dumb for having no natural flair for posing, BUT she does, in fact, direct you and help to adjust your pose to make sure the shot turns out right. Folks, this sounds simple, but it's incredible how many photographers just stand there, give you no directions on how to arrange your limbs, and snap pictures hoping for the best. Then, after the fact, you're thinking, "Wait, why did s/he not tell me there was a stray hair in my face or that my hand looked weird?" Thank goodness this does NOT happen with Emily! She has a keen eye for detail in composition and does everything in her power to make sure nothing is out of place.

She was also extremely flexible when the weather got in the way of our plans for both the engagement and bridal shoots. The first shoot had to be moved indoors, and the second had to be rescheduled with one day's notice. Having Emily right there with us—fully committed to making things work—helped to make a stressful situation far more manageable.

As for the wedding day itself, Emily was incredibly organized. She captured all the key moments with just herself (no second shooter) and was unobtrusive during the ceremony but assertive outside of that as needed.

We could not be happier with our wedding day photos and had so much fun on the other shoots as well. We really liked that the bundle we picked came with photos on disc, physical prints, and the wedding photo album, which she did a STUNNING job on. She took beautiful photos, edited them to perfection, and was an all-around joy and godsend to work with. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a professional wedding photographer at a great value; we love her!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images

The first time my now-wife and I met Emily, we knew she was the right photographer for us, and every interaction we've had with her since has further confirmed that. We were initially drawn to Emily by the strength of her portfolio and how well her pricing fit our budget, but she has really exceeded our expectations on every level—particularly in her organizational skills, general sense of competence, and the ease with which she works with people.

She enjoys getting to know every couple she works with, and when we discovered a shared affinity for American Idol, Pentatonix, and Zilker Botanical Gardens (where I proposed to my wife!), we knew that beyond all of her technical skills, she was a great choice based on personality.

Emily was a complete professional on our wedding day, and her photos did not disappoint. We sing her praises to everyone who asks and are so glad that we invested in her services; the quality of her work and the entire experience is incomparable. The more we talk to other couples about their photographers, the more grateful we become for Emily; we could not imagine anyone else handling our wedding day with more poise than she did. Thanks, Emily!

Profile Picture Daniel, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hiring a great photographer was a high priority while planning our wedding. It was an easy decision as I had always admired Emily's work. Essentially, I always knew who was going to photograph my wedding, I just needed to find the right groom... In which I did!

Emily is not only an incredibly talented photographer, but an extreme professional as well. My husband and I had a destination/cruise wedding. This requires not only great organization skills, but also great flexibility. Emily surpassed our expectations in every way possible. Our memories were in great hands with Emily in charge of capturing all of our special moments. As is evident while looking at her website, Emily posses great talent and passion for her art. In conjunction to this, she also helped make the entire process as smooth as possible, relieved any of my stresses, was well organized, and was able to "go with the flow" (which is a huge plus when you have a 87 people on a cruise ship).

I would highly recommend Emily to anyone wanting high quality photos and great service. You will be glad you did!

Profile Picture Heather, 1/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Emily was the perfect photographer for us! She not only ensured the memories made during our destination/cruise wedding were captured, but was also very professional and responsive to all needs and questions. I would highly recommend Emily to anyone looking for a great photographer. These are images my wife, our families, and I will cherish forever.

Profile Picture Clinton, 1/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I would give more than 5 stars if I could. Emily was amazing from the moment I first met her to the weeks after the wedding was over. Her photography is amazing as you can just tell from the pictures on her website, but you don't realize how much more a photographer is than just their pictures. You work with them through all the planning leading up to the wedding and beyond. Emily is so fun to work with and has a lot of experience with weddings so she knows and remembers the little details that brides usually forget leading up to the big day, which is such a big help. For example: my husband was so impressed that when we went to cut the cake Emily told us what we should do... you never practice cutting the cake or even think about it until the time comes and that was a relief because we were so confused! I could go on, but I know there is not another photographer who exceeds all "5 categories" from above as easily as Emily does. I would do it all again with Emily because she made the whole wedding process so much easier for me!!

Profile Picture Erin, 12/6/14, 2 Reviews