Drake Studio Reviews

Drake Studio 7
  • Maria

Maria 路 Getting married on 11/10/2019

Truly one of a kind!

Eugene and his beautiful wife Andrea will leave an imprint on your life. Not joking. My fianc茅 and I had our engagement photos taken at the Rocky Mountains in CO with them and let me tell you... our gallery was just out of this planet! Also, We were so fortunate to have gotten to know Andrea and Eugene on a personal level during our stay there. Something you don鈥檛 get with just any photographer. We heard why his passion is photography, how much they have both poured into their vision, and beyond that. It鈥檚 truly inspiring and was an overall incredible experience. They were both SUCH troopers and so professional with all the driving, hiking, hiking WITH a lot of heavy equipment, having loose wild life roaming the mountains, and just being in a different environment. I wish I could give them everything in the world, because they are such beautiful individuals who derserve all the greatness in this universe and have an even more beautiful love story! All this, AND we got AMAZING photos! Wow! 馃槶鈾ワ笍 I have also made sure I snagged him to photograph our wedding this November, we are SO EXCITED! Thank you Eugene and Andrea!!!

Sent on 01/18/2019
    Drake Studio 8
    Drake Studio 9
    Drake Studio 10
    Drake Studio 11

Natasha Noun 路 Getting married on 07/06/2019

Engagement Shoot

We had the absolute BEST time with Eugene during our photoshoot. He was super flexible and open with us. He knew exactly what we were going for and delivered! He was so easy to work with and made us feel comfortable! We spent forever trying to find the right photographer, and we are so happy to have found Eugene! Not only do we have him for our engagement shoot, but we also booked him for our wedding and we can鈥檛 wait to see what he has in store for us! Thank you, Eugene!

Sent on 12/13/2018

eryn 路 Married on 04/06/2019

The best photographer

Could not have asked for a better photographer! Took him 4 hours from Houston to shoot our wedding and we couldn鈥檛 have been more satisfied. We would recommend to everyone! So much fun to work with and have around -and not just a random person taking photos of you all day.

Sent on 04/30/2019
    Drake Studio 24
    Drake Studio 25

Perla Haaksma 路 Married on 11/24/2018

Extraordinary Team

Great guy!!! He was very flexible with what we needed (a photographer + cinematographer who was willing to hike 11 miles for 10 miles up a mountain haha). Very happy with the quality of the photos and the our highlights video! I hope that our Colchuck Lake Elopement was as memorable of an experience for him as it was for us, The only thing I regret is not booking him for a day longer! I was so heartbroken. I wish he could have stuck around just one more day to explore Leavenworth, WA with us, he would have LOVED IT. Thank you, Eugene & Josh! We hope we see you at our house-warming with your beautiful wife. Thank you for being a part of this extraordinary experience with us, we could not have made this a reality without you. Thank you, again!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Rebecca 路 Married on 05/24/2018

We loved Eugene! He and his wife are the sweetest and make an excellent team. He was so quick to get our pictures back to us (both engagement and wedding), his attitude makes everything fun and relaxed so you don't feel awkward, the quality of the pictures is outstanding and he captured all the special moments! I couldn't be happier that we chose Drake Studio. He was willing to work with our budget and is flexible in making sure you get what you need. The photos are perfect, Drake Studio was perfect. Eugene became more of a friend than a vendor and made our wedding day even better! We're so grateful to have chosen this company to capture our special day!

Sent on 06/22/2018
    Drake Studio 30
    Drake Studio 31
    Drake Studio 32

Lisa 路 Married on 10/19/2017

Eugene was absolutely amazing! His work is the best that I have ever seen (why I booked him). He really took our gatsby theme and made it gorgeous and classic! I wouldn鈥檛 book anyone else for photo/video but him!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Giselle 路 Married on 05/28/2017

Drake studio was the best choice for photography and video I could have made. I spent weeks looking for a photographer and I could not find one that was unique and 'magazine cover' style and quality. All the other vendors seemed to have the same poses and style. Drake was perfect. His team's photos looked professional, high fashion quality, and unique. Apart from that, the price was very reasonable. He is very flexible about needs and timing. My (now) husband and I had a miscommunication with another vendor that delayed a payment for Drake Studio but Drake was more than gracious and accommodating. He is relatively new to Houston, but I'm sure he is going to be one of the most popular and well know photographers in Houston in the future.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Drake Studio's reply:

Giselle!! Thank you so so so much for your kind words!!! that means the world to me!! it truly does!! We enjoyed so much doing photo and video for your wedding!! We have so many good material and timeless memories for you!

Thanks for trusting in our talent and our vision!! we really hope to grow more in this city!! the sky is not the limit!:D..

Mary 路 Married on 02/26/2017

A1!!! We're in love with our photos and video!! Drake Studio is a must have for your wedding or any occasion!! Watching our photos and video is living the moment again!! His style is unique and timeless! I must agree when they call themselves emotion generators! So many nice emotions when we see our wedding memories!! Go and book him now before it's too late! They may be new in town but they'll be huge!! Wait for it!

Drake Studio's reply:

Mary!! You're soooo sweet!! Thanks for your kind words!!! We enjoyed so much doing your wedding!!

Jacqueline 路 Married on 02/11/2017

I was very nervous when hiring a photographer for our wedding, for several reasons: I had heard horror stories about bad outcomes, I didn't want to spend my entire wedding budget on a quality photographer and I wanted the best possible pictures that would last a lifetime. I grew up around photographers and artists and I have to say that Eugene is the best of the best. He is one of the most talented photographers and videographers around. People are still complimenting how beautiful the pictures turned out and how it looks like our wedding photos belong in fashion editorials (some of these compliments came from NY fashion insiders). Eugene exceeded our expectations in every way imaginable!!! To top things off he is super easy going, works along his wife who is also super sweet and goes above in beyond at every opportunity he is given. I would hands down say that hiring Eugene was the best vendor choice that I made for our wedding!!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Drake Studio's reply:

Jacqueline!! what can I say!?.. you guys are one of the sweetest couples we've ever met! your love story and strong family and values are a treasure!! we fell so blessed to be part of your love story!!

The kindest words girl!! I didn't know about those compliments wow!! I feel so glad OMG!! Working with my wife is something that I enjoy a lot! Is amazing all the things you said about our work!! and how you think we were the best vendor choice for your wedding!!.. from now on is just work harder and harder to make it great in this new city! thank you so much for trusting in my vision and passion!!

Lauren 路 Married on 02/03/2017

THEEEE BEEEST!!! Eugene is an amazing person and super talented photographer!! He made us feel super comfortable while he was taking pictures! Super smooth and outgoing guy!! Great style and service! The photos turned out amazing!! Thumbs up for this guy!!!

Lana 路 Married on 11/05/2016

Flexible, enthusiast, professional, friendly and valuable! That and even more is Drake Studio for us!!! We absolutely looove him and his wife Andrea!!! What a great team and such great photos we had!! If we had the chance to get married again we will pick Eugene for the video as well!!!

• I

Indira 路 Married on 09/16/2016

EXCELLENT SERVICE AND PROFESSIONALS!!!!!! Highly recommended!!!! In love with my video! They made my guests comfortable in every step of the evening.

Sent on 03/03/2017

Elena 路 Married on 07/23/2016

"If you are looking for a photographer to capture the true essence and feeling of your wedding day or special moments of your life then look no further. His photos, are absolutely perfect and flawless. I met Eugene over a cup of coffee and very quickly realized that his friendly, approachable personality along with his enthusiasm and passion for his work shone out amongst the crowd, and I had every faith that he would be perfect for my big day. Eugene was a pleasure to work with, we had lots of fun, he made us feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera and he was discreet whilst also being authoritative when he needed to be. I loved his calm nature during the photoshoot. I was absolutely blown away with the results! You will have no regrets if you go with Drake Studio!鈥

Sent on 07/27/2016

Nora 路 Married on 04/16/2016

We loved to work with Eugene and his team! They are super professional and yet funny. I am very shy so I was nervous about the whole thing, but he did everything he could to get candid and spontaneous shoots! This was the best decision ever!! I highly recommend his work.
    There are three things that I think makes him different:
    1. The shoot list or schedule of the whole event was made with me, so I knew what to expect and he was aware about what I wanted.
    2. He gave me all the photos of the event and the rights are mine! Without retouch but enhaced and colorized. Honestly they still look perfect without photoshop.
    3. His photography's style is like the one we see in fashion magazines so I felt like a model when we made the bridal haha. It is the perfect balance between classy high fashion photos and candid/documentary style.
    I hope this review help you to make the right decision. On the wedding day is very important to have someone reliable and ready to the action because on that day there is no second chances. I am very happy with everything!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Patricia 路 Married on 02/06/2016

What can we say about Eugene's work?

We rather work with someone that we would like to share a pizza with, someone that we want to be friends, and that's what we did! He's absolutely a great guy to work with! His work, his team, his professionalism his something to brag about! We're absolutely happy whit having Eugene and his wife as a friend now!

Totally recommend!! A1+

Drake Studio's reply:

I just saw this!! Haha well let's have another pizza!! Thanks a lot for your words and your time!! It was my pleasure working with you Patricia and Nick!!! Cheers for you guys!!

Stefani 路 Married on 11/28/2015

Amazing quality for an amazing price! The finished product was more than I could have dreamt of. We used Drake studio for videography and our video and highlight film look like we paid millions! The artistry used to showcase our special day is phenomenal. I honestly wish I could have our wedding over and over just so they could film it again and again. Eugene and his wife have amazing personalities and we felt so comfortable working with them and they completely understood what our vision was and executed it perfectly. They will seriously blow you away with their work. We got so many compliments on all their films they did for us. I'm so glad we used them because now we will have something so beautiful to remember our special day.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Drake Studio's reply:

You guys are amazing!! What a beautiful review!! Thank you very much! It was a huge pleasure to be part of that lovely story! I'll always feel proud for what we handy crafty created for you guys!! Spread the love!!

Nataly 路 event on: 02/19/2018

I couldn鈥檛 ask for a better person to take the best moments and put them in a picture..! A part from the professionalism and the quality of the pictures, I love the way we all felt during the photo shooting, it was so natural and funny that we enjoyed every second. Definitely recommend Eugene for any type of photography, he will totally capture the best moments!!!

Sent on 03/04/2018

Donna 路 Married on 10/28/2017

We had about a year to plan our wedding and we had the pleasure with working with Eugene for about six (6) months up to the big day. We used him for our 1) engagement photos (seen on our save the date), 2) my boudoir photos 3) our Laotian traditional ceremony and American ceremony and reception 4) and holiday photos (our wedding thank you card).
    The first thing you need to get out of your consultation is CHEMISTRY! When we met Eugene and his wife, Andrea, we were very comfortable with moving forward. It wasn鈥檛 until our engagement photo shoot that we noticed what sets them apart. We were extremely nervous and stiff, but Eugene and his wife gave us guidance, direction, and made it completely fun! As a newly engaged couple, it was refreshing to be in the company of another couple that was just being themselves (loving and patient with each other and with both of us). Eugene has a gift of capturing the chemistry of a couple on camera. Anyone can take photos and videos, but it takes talent and tenacity to evoke those emotions in a candid setting. He has an extensive range 鈥 whatever your vision is, he will make sure to deliver. We had a cross section of artistic, portrait, and candid photos. The best part for me (personally) was my traditional Laotian morning ceremony. Eugene and I worked on a journalistic style vision where he captured all the carefully curated details of the ceremony that tells a story about my culture. I鈥檝e seen thousands of Pinterest photos, YouTube videos, but hands down, no one will have moments and the details captured like my Laotian ceremony. Eugene made that possible for me and my family. For me, it was not just photos to admire years from now, but it was about forging history for my family. Whatever your goals are for your wedding, I can assure you, Eugene and his team will make that happen for you!

Sent on 02/12/2018
    Drake Studio 38
    Drake Studio 39
    Drake Studio 40

Jennifer 路 Married on 09/02/2017

Oh my god! Drake Studio!! They had such an amazing talent for capturing the emotions in the moment! Wich is what we definitely wanted for our wedding day! He has so much energy and is truly passionate about what he does! So so so pleased with the pictures he took of our special day!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Virginia 路 Married on 10/22/2016

Almost a year after our wedding and I'm finally making myself sit down and decide which pictures to have printed (not by any fault of Drake Studio's....we've just been too busy to sit down and decide)! I came across Drake Studios on another wedding website, but immediately fell in love with his style and work. I'm not much of a planner...especially when it comes to details or shot lists. From looking at his galleries, you could see he was more of a 'capture the moment' type photographer than one that worked off of a shot list--perfect for me since I never got around to putting one together!

We were married in a church and had an offsite reception. We were supposed to have an hour for photos after our ceremony, but the church staff cut us about 15 minutes short (I was sooooo angry.....). We didn't have time to take the candid/not posed/natural pictures I was after....I stressed all through our honeymoon that I hadn't gotten the pictures I'd really wanted and knew it would've been my fault since I never provided a shot list. Boy was I surprised when we got our photos back!! We really DID NOT have time for the "us pictures", detail pictures of the reception, or typical ring shots; but, somehow, Eugene and his team managed to get ALL of those! I was, and still am, completely blown away! The photos are perfect.

On top of all of this, his entire team was dressed well and seamlessly mixed in with the party. Our wedding was black tie optional and he was in a blazer and dress shoes!! He was even out dancing and Snapchatting on the dancefloor...my family did mention some concern about that BUT since he was out there with us, he got some of the greatest candid shots of all of our friends and family tearing it up!

Thank you so much, Eugene and team!!!!!

Carlos and Virginia Ortiz

Sent on 10/15/2017

Genesis 路 Married on 10/09/2016

We had an amazing experience with Eugene and her wife! They made us feel so good and happy! His work is very candid with a touch of dramatic look, or that's how I see it, and we loved it! Timeless and high end work!

Drake Studio's reply:

Thanks for the lovely review Genesis!! Haha but it's his wife lol :D.. not her wife! I know it was a mistake! Working with you guys was awesome!!!

Karen 路 Married on 07/08/2016

We had an intimate wedding but I think we did the best investment with Drake Studio, he absolutely worked with our budget and made look amazing every shot! A lot of candid moments with an artistic look! What we were looking for, he is definitely the kind of photographer for this kind of bride!

Go with Drake Studio with you eyes closed! You won't regret!

Christina 路 Married on 07/03/2016

DEFINITELY THE BEAT INVESTMENT FOR YOUR WEDDING!!!!.. Eugene and his team are super easy going and flexible!! The final result was breath taking!! We can't be more than happy with his work!! He made feel Alex (my NOW husband lol) really comfortable and confident for the pictures! Since he's so shy in front of the camera!!:).. thumbs up for Drake!! They have a brilliant future in this town!!:)

Drake Studio's reply:

Awwww i love you guys!!! What a beautiful words!! Thanks a lot!!!:) I can't wait to work again with you!! Hahaha Alex is the best!!
  • User7225434 路 2+ years ago

the best! One of the most friendly photographers we could find, hands down the best pick you can do for ypur wedding, he was always there and available 100% of the time oh and the photos!!!! exactly what we asked for, you definetly have to give him a try

Nicolette 路 Married on 04/09/2016

Eugene and his wife were an amazing addition to our wedding! His eye is incredible, he truly captures the raw emotion from your big day! I truly recommend his work! Best investment for our wedding day! When we were doing our engagement session it was a little bit complicated because it rained every day we scheduled, but we could figure out a convenient date for that and it was just perfect!