Drake Artistry Collective Reviews

Drake Artistry Collective 7
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 08/17/2019

Excellent to work with!

Crystal was so easy and flexible. She offered me extra trials to perfect my wedding look (at no additional charge!). She was very easy to get a hold of and happy to work with me to figure out exactly what I needed. We had a large group (10 bridesmaids) and Crystal made sure we had enough artists to cover everyone quickly and beautifully! I will definitely recommend her in the future.

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Celine

Celine Ledesma · Married on 06/16/2019

Awesome, Flexible, and Professional!

I had such an awesome experience with Crystal and her team! Starting from the very beginning, she is very professional and has her stuff down on lock. Her website is awesome and lets you provide enough detail to be confident that your hair/make up trial and wedding day will be great. My bridesmaids and Mom also felt really comfortable with her and her team. They were not used to getting their makeup done but Crystal made sure they looked awesome and comfortable. I am so satisfied how the hair and make up turned out. I would definitely pick Crystal again for future events.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 11/17/2018

I still looked like me but there was a definite "WOW" factor!

Crystal and her team are absolutely amazing. The experience I had was phenomenal from start to finish.
    They genuinely believe in helping you look your best without changing the way you actually look. The makeup is natural looking and feels light on your skin - the finished product has such a "WOW" factor and stayed on all night.
    I absolutely loved how honest Crystal was - she was very open to my ideas on how I wanted my makeup done and offered great suggestions that would take me from a potential corpse bride look-a-like to glowing goddess.
    The customization based on beauty needs and wedding party size was key and having access to the invoice where I could easily make monthly payments made everything so easy. If I have any makeup needs in the future I absolutely know who I'm calling!

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Drake Artistry Collective 8

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Thank you so much, Amber! It was an honor to be a part of your big day. The couple of sneak peek photos I've seen so far are stunning and I'm excited to see more!

Christina Dermyre · Married on 11/17/2018

Awesome Experience!

THE BEST! Crystal was so easy to work with and really went the extra mile for us. She made sure I was comfortable with my hair and makeup - the extension rental option was awesome! She even found someone to trim and style my husband's hair and beard the day of, in addition to the services she normally provides. I got so many compliments on hair and makeup, not just for me but also my bridesmaids. Working with Crystal was a truly great experience!

Sent on 12/22/2018

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Christina!! Olivia and I had the best time with you and your girls at your wedding. I'm so happy that you and Doug were both pleased with your services. I am honored to have been there to save that pinky toe during Operation "Put This Shoe Back On"! Your wedding is the only wedding where I've managed to drop my entire kit on the floor, so I think that warrants an award for you, too! :-)
  • Alana

Alana · Married on 10/27/2018

Beyond satisfied bride

The most amazing experience!!! Crystal is so personable, professional and down to earth. Her and her team gave me and my bridesmaids the best experience ever while getting ready for my wedding. She helped calm my nerves and helped me have so much fun while preparing for my wedding. Her hair and makeup skills are amazing and I looked like a princess!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Alana!! It has been a pleasure working with you. I love it when, on your wedding day, it literally just feels like hanging out with friends. That's how your wedding felt and I'm honored to have been a part of it. :-)

jenny · Married on 10/20/2018

Crystal was awesome!

She was very attentive and responsive, and did a great job with my hair and makeup on the big day. Both stayed in place all night long!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Jenny, I'm so happy that you were pleased with your services. Your party was great to work with and I'm happy that Olivia and I were able to be a part of your big day. :-)
  • golferchick

Pam · Married on 09/29/2018

I felt like a princess!

Crystal was absolutely fabulous to work with. From the time I contacted her, she was responsive and professional. Her 'getting to know you' process was easy, and she achieved the look I wanted for my special day. I chose to do a trial, and it was awesome. It set my mind at ease that she fully understood what I wanted and that everything would hold up well. On my wedding day, she and her team arrived on time and had my Mom and Bridesmaids looking stunning in plenty of time for our pre-wedding photos. Crystal focused on me and I couldn't have been happier with the way it all turned out. She gave me a touch up kit to get me through the evening, but honestly (other than a little lipstick) I didn't need it. I never got shiny, mascara never ran and my hair stayed in place perfectly. I wouldn't hesitate to hire Crystal again in the future ... she is absolutely amazing!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Pam, thank you so much for your review! Melody, Lexi and I had an awesome time working with you guys -- such a fun and laid back group. :-) I'm honored to have been a part of making your special day a little extra special. :-)
  • Anna

Anna VanToai · Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful makeup experience with Crystal Drake

I initially was looking for make-up artists that wouldn't break my wedding budget, and chose Crystal because not only were her prices reasonable that allowed me to cover the services for 2 moms and 2 wedding party attendants (and no minimum service cost!), but also she was experienced with Asian hair and makeup, which can look too overdone or orange-y due to the undertones. I appreciate that she has two local sites that I could do a trial in - Troy and Taylor - and was very flexible to schedule with and discuss my plans; even when I decided to do a second hairstyle, she added on a second hair trial for no cost. She listened to my desires (natural-ish look with a strong lip color) and worries (ie have oily skin, esp eye lids, hair needs volume but loses it in the heat) and created a great look during the trials that I was able to see how to the hair and makeup held throughout the day - I told her some of my thoughts, then she perfected it the day-of!! Communication was great throughout the entire planning period - which is such a relief considering all that was being put together! The Day-of, she and her team came on time to our hotel site at 6 AM and we actually ended earlier than expected with our timeline and even squeezed in an additional service for my mom, much appreciated! She got one hair style completed as planned for the AM cultural ceremony and I retained her to be with me for a few hours for touch up and hair re-style for my PM ceremony, and all went smoothly and both were such a beautiful look! I appreciated her experience, which is helpful for an indecisive bride as I was, and her sense of humor and of course, her skills. She even provided a bridal gift bag with lipstick and a thank you gift afterwards....Thank you Crystal!

Sent on 12/21/2018

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Anna! I'm so happy that you were pleased and I'm honored to have been a part of your big day. :-) It was great spending the day with you!

Raven · Married on 08/25/2018

My wife and I got our makeup for our wedding done through Drake Artistry Collective. Crystal and Olivia were absolutely amazing! They were not only great at both meeting my needs of a goth aesthetic and my wife's needs of minimalist makeup, they also did a great job on both of our hair and made us feel incredibly comfortable. I also felt incredibly comfortable as a trans and queer couple that we were understood and treated with respect. (And Olivia even has experience with feminizing techniques, which was super helpful to me as a trans woman!) I highly recommend Drake Artistry Collective, they do an amazing job at making sure you look great and feel great on your big day. :)

Sent on 08/31/2018

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Raven! I'm so happy that we could make your wedding special. Olivia and I had a great time working with you both! :-)
  • Raeesa

Raeesa · Married on 08/25/2018

Extremely organized and talented!

Crystal was an absolute pleasure to work with! Her process and business was really organized and professional, which is always refreshing when wedding planning. She was really flexible with what I wanted and did a great job with south asian hair and jewelry setting. Her team was super sweet and the touch up kits were a nice addition! Highly recommend Crystal and her team!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Raeesa! Thank you so much for the opportunity to be a part of your wedding day. :-) You guys were amazing to work with and I'm looking forward to your photos!!

Marisa · Married on 08/11/2018

I can't say enough good things about Crystal! She was easy to get in touch with, made accommodations for me with my trial run since I lived out of state, she was professional, extremely kind, and so very talented! Crystal made me feel beautiful without looking like I had a ton of makeup on, and it stayed on ALL night for a hot August wedding. She was even able to incorporate extensions into my hairstyle that she had not worked with until the day of! She worked magic on my bridesmaids as well as my mother, and the partner she worked with was awesome too! You can't go wrong with using her!

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Marisa, thank you so much for the opportunity to be a part of your wedding day. You guys were amazing to work with. Olivia and I had a great time with you and we are super happy that you were pleased.

danielle · Married on 08/04/2018

Amazing Experience. Friendly and easy to work with. Beautiful results

Sent on 10/10/2018

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Thanks so much, Danielle!! Sarah and I are so happy that you were pleased with your services. It was a pleasure working with you. :-)

Ammiel · Married on 07/22/2018

Hair and Makeup Artist Saves the Day

My husband and I hired Crystal and her team to do hair and makeup for our wedding. One thing I really looked for in an artist is a diverse portfolio, as I am a POC. Looking through Crystal’s work, I instantly knew that she had the experience and technique to work with anyone. The services we booked were: Hair and makeup for Bride and MOH, Hair for Groom, and Hair change for Bride and Groom at reception. I was impressed with everything, but mostly how Crystal was able to tame my husband’s long hair. It was his dream to wear his hair down for our wedding and even in the middle of July, hot n’ humid Michigan, his hair was frizz free. The whole morning getting ready was as relaxed as could be, and it really set the tone for the whole day. She also SAVED THE DAY when the zipper on my dress broke. Crystal was quick to react and sewed me into my dress using weave thread! She was over prepared and that’s exactly what you want when looking for a H&MU artist. I 10/10 recommend Crystal and her team to do your event!

Sent on 12/26/2018
    Drake Artistry Collective 9
    Drake Artistry Collective 10

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Thank you so much, Ammiel!! I had THE BEST time working with you and Jacob. I am elated that you were happy with your services but I am absolutely over the moon that Jacob was able to wear his hair down for the ceremony. As a member of Triangle Hair Club, I could totally relate to his concerns. Your hair and makeup was the most fun to do -- it's not often a bride has such a clear and unique vision and it was a blast executing it for you!

Helin · Married on 07/01/2018

I could not have asked for a better makeup artist. Not only was my makeup looking flawless, but I felt like I was with a friend I’d known for years. I felt so comfortable with Crystal; she actually listened to what I wanted and catered to my specific needs. She was flexible and easy-going which helped make my big day that much less stressful.

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Helin! Whenever someone says something to the effect of, "it felt like spending time with a friend," it makes my heart go pitter patter. :-) That's really what I strive to create. I had a great time servicing your wedding and am SO HAPPY we all survived the ungodly heat that day.

Megan · Married on 06/30/2018

Amazing Experience SO helpful

Let me start this off by saying that my wedding was WHIRLWIND of a day. It was 100 degrees the limo had no air, my regular makeup artist didn’t show up until two hours after schedule. Crystal was doing my tattoo coverup, she got to my house before expected (which was already like 7 in the morning). She dealt with my insane emotions over not knowing what was going on with my makeup artist, Crammed Into my tiny apartment with all my bridesmaids and two hairdressers. In the midst of all this she managed to pull off the most FLAWLESS tattoo coverup ever, I have a big tattoo across my shoulder, and was wearing a strapless dress. This thing stayed covered through the next day with NO indication there was makeup on it at all AND it was 100 degrees (literally). Crystal was already booked to do someone else later in the day but offered to help me not have a wedding nightmare by doing my face makeup too (luckily my hired mua showed up... eventually). I am eternally grateful for the incredible job she did and will return to her for any future events hands down. Thank You Crystal! I included photos with the tattoo and with her coverup for reference :)

Sent on 12/18/2018
    Drake Artistry Collective 11
    Drake Artistry Collective 12

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Megan! Thank you so much for this!! I'm am SO happy that your cover held up in the insane heat. I'm also really happy that your makeup artist worked out! :-) Thank you so much for your business!!

Natalie · Married on 06/24/2018

Crystal was completely professional, accomodating, and patient with me. Honestly one of the best choices I made for my wedding! I had total confidence that she would deliver and help me any way she could -even outside hair/makeup- to make sure my big day went well. My hair and makeup looked amazing and I couldn’t be happier with the look she created for me. Hair and makeup aside, she was very easy to work with and made herself super available so that I could reach her easily with any questions and concerns. Not a single complaint!

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Natalie!! I'm so happy that you were pleased with our services and that we were able to make your prep time run smoothly. Also, thanks for making sure they didn't tow my car! :-)

Gincy · Married on 05/26/2018

It was the best decision to have Crystal Drake artistry do the hair and makeup for my wedding. Her and her team were responsible for hair and makeup for me and 9 other attendants. They arrived on time, finished on time, and the makeup lasted all night long that I only needed her touch-up kit for lipstick. You can tell she is very knowledgeable in what she does. I am especially grateful for how accommodating she was with my mother-in-law who has a whole hosts of allergies including latex. She separated her equipment so that my mother-in-law had her own latex-free tools without cross contamination. Hire her and her team and you won't regret anything!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Gincy! It was a pleasure working with you guys and I'm SO HAPPY we were able to service your MIL without a reaction. I think I washed my hands 9 times, lol. Rosa said it looked like I was going into surgery. It was an honor to be a part of your big day. :-)

Christine · Married on 05/19/2018

Okay brides, your wedding day is the one day you HAVE to look fire. When Crystal was doing my trial, I told her that if my entire wedding goes up in flames, at least I'll look good (and I meant it - she made me look REALLY good). Crystal is awesome and you can close all 30 tabs you have open right now of other make-up artists/studios you're considering (yeah, we all know how wedding planning goes lol).

I hired Crystal and her team for hair and make-up for me and my five bridesmaids. I had a 10AM wedding so the start time was 6AM. I was so impressed when her team got to the church EARLY and was ready to go by the time we arrived at 6AM. Honestly, I thought I was going to be an anxious hot mess the morning of my wedding but her presence was so fun and calm that I actually felt relaxed the hours leading up to the grand entrance. Crystal had made a detailed timeline of the rotation of me and my bridesmaids getting hair and make-up done so the whole process was very smooth and professional. All of my bridesmaids and I don't usually wear make-up or do the fancy hair so we were glad Crystal and her team knew how to make each of us look good. They even took into consideration what the bridesmaid's dresses looked like (since they were not matching dresses) when doing my bridesmaids hair. Oh also I had many times when I ugly cried during the wedding and none of the make-up ran! Woohoo!

Crystal is also freakishly organized and made the whole process of payment and signing documents really easy. She is seriously the best at making you look your best.

Sent on 07/15/2018
    Drake Artistry Collective 13
    Drake Artistry Collective 14
    Drake Artistry Collective 15

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Thank you, Christine!! You guys were amazing to work with! I am honored to hear that you were pleased with your services and that we helped infuse the atmosphere with great energy. :-) That's really the point of getting hair and makeup done -- not products or tools, but the calm having someone take care of it for you affords. :-) Thank you so much for the opportunity to share this day with you!

Joanna · Married on 05/19/2018

Crystal & her team did an AMAZING job for me, my bridesmaids, and my mom on my wedding day! Crystal spends a lot of time perfecting the trial session so that everything on the day of is to the bride's likings. The customer service was exceptional - from the skincare routine that she does before the makeup for both the trial AND the day-of, as well as the touch up kits that she provides at the end to make sure your ugly crying does not affect how you look at the end of the night. My girls brought in pictures of the hairstyles that they wanted, and they executed them perfectly. Could not be happier with Crystal and her team!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Thank you so much, Joanna! It was a pleasure working with you and I am so happy to hear that you were pleased. :-) Gotta protect against the ugly cry, lol! Thank you so much for having us as a part of your big day!!

Hailey · Married on 10/28/2017

I looked through a ton of makeup artist profiles before finding Crystal - and I feel so lucky to have found her. I am really particular when it comes to makeup - especially because I don't wear it that often. Crystal did a makeup trial before the actual wedding day - so we could perfect the finished look ahead of time. She is so knowledgeable and really took the time to understand what I was imagining - while making really great suggestions about how the makeup would wear and photograph.

The day of the wedding, Crystal came to my house and did makeup for my mom and sister as well. Both of them looked incredible - and felt so great about their own makeup. As for me - I was receiving compliments on my makeup all night long. It wore so well - I cried, I sweat, I rubbed my eyes - and that makeup wasn't going anywhere! And best of all - I looked like myself... I didn't feel like I was wearing a thick mask of products or dramatic makeup that just wasn't me. It was perfection. Thank you so much Crystal!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Thanks so much, Hailey!! I am so happy that you were pleased with your services. It was great working with you guys.

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

Crystal is seriously thee best in the biz! i just got married in September and i booked with crystal for my hair and makeup! I am a makeup artist myself but I wanted to relax and be hands free for my big day. Being SUPER PICKY and very particular when it comes to makeup i knew I needed to bring in the big guns. There was absolutely no question who to go with. Crystal is not only talented but she is a true professional. She is so organized—-and as a bride who has SO MUCH going on it was so nice knowing that she had it under control. A couple days before my wedding she confirmed our “get ready location” and time. She sent a whole timeline of how the morning would go so each girl knew when she had to be in her chair. From top to bottom it was just so smooth! My hair was perfection—-I am that girl who does not love updos. I have stood up in 6 weddings and hated my hair each time—-Crystal is the hair queen! My hair was perfect and my makeup was even better! Everything held up all day all night! Never repinned or reapplied! Not to mention crystal is fun and just sets the tone for the whole day! Ladies, BOOK WITH CRYSTAL!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Thank you so much, sarah!! I love brides who are particular because it's a challenge and keeps me on my toes! Rosa, Kenzie, and I had a great time working your wedding up north. My only regret is that I didn't get a picture of the banana in a water jug.

Amanda · Married on 09/16/2017

Crystal is truly professional- from her communication to attention to detail both before the wedding and day-of! She and her colleague did an amazing job with hair and makeup for myself and our wedding party. As a curly-haired person, I felt reassured that they would make things look how I wanted (and they did!). Some makeup artists I had contacted felt like a "one-size-fits-all" approach where everyone looked a little like they were going to prom...Crystal made us all look like our best versions of ourselves. I also really appreciated that she asked about how my bridesmaids wanted their hair and what their hair texture was like to ensure we had enough time allotted. We also felt very relaxed hanging out and getting ready with her. I highly recommend Crystal! She also did a wedding of one of my friends which I was in so having worked with her twice I doubly recommend!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Thanks so much, Amanda!! It was great working with you. I have that lip color in my kit now and it's been a huge hit this season!! I'm so happy that you were pleased with you services. No prom curls EVER! (said in the voice of Mommy Dearest)

Christie · Married on 09/03/2017

Crystal was more than I originally budgeted for hair and makeup, but I think she was worth every dollar. I found her portfolio very professional and as an East Asian woman, I was specifically looking for someone whose portfolio demonstrated an ability to work on people with my features, which Crystal's did.

She is very thorough, which made me feel more secure after I'd paid my deposit. The questionnaire on her website asks for examples of what you like and want to try, and she refers to the examples you provide while she works on you. I didn't expect her to replicate what I wanted exactly, because I know that random pictures cherry picked from the internet can be unrealistic to expect, but Crystal did a fantastic job and her work is as good as the images I asked her to replicate.

She tries her very hardest to deliver what you expect. On my wedding day she did not have a piece of her airbrush equipment that had gone missing the night before through no fault of her own. In between doing my makeup and hair she was contacting everyone she knew to get a replacement ASAP because she knew the airbrush was what I preferred. She pulled through despite the unexpected snag. The day would have gone on regardless, but I am so appreciative that she went through the hassle of getting me what I wanted. That is exceptional service!

Her makeup stayed put through several hours of outdoor photography on a hot summer afternoon, and then through the rest of the night. The airbrushed foundation looked so natural, felt incredibly light, and held up to a lot of sweating!

Crystal, thank you so much for your work. I will definitely be recommending you to girl friends who get engaged in the area!

Sent on 12/16/2017
    Drake Artistry Collective 16

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Thanks so much, Christie!! You were one of the most gorgeous brides I've had all year and I'm so honored to be a part of your wedding. I'm so glad that we could adjust to the unexpected hiccup and that you were pleased!

Jana · Married on 08/05/2017

Disclaimer: This is long because I have a lot of good stuff to say! Sorry for the length!

I got married just a few months ago in August. Prior to the wedding, like every other bride on a budget, I found myself researching to find the best reviews and prices. What made my search more challenging was I lived in Connecticut at the time and knew nothing about anything wedding-related in Michigan. I had spoken to different artists, but, when I spoke to Crystal, I knew she was the artist I had been searching for.

To start, my wedding was a morning wedding, and I had 13 women who needed their hair and makeup done for it. Most artists I spoke to reacted by saying, "13 girls that early in the morning? Um, I don't know..." If they said yes, their prices were extremely high and way over my budget. However, Crystal answered by saying, "Absolutely. Sure, we can do that." And, her prices were extremely reasonable, and working with her was worth every penny - for her services before the wedding and the day of.

Before the wedding day, being far away in Connecticut, Crystal eased my nerves. I constantly sent her emails or called her with questions, and she answered every single one, patiently and happily. Because my visits to Michigan were limited and booked with wedding-related tasks, she worked with my schedule to make sure I got my trial in. And, on the day of my trial, she went above and beyond, trying look after look with me - me being a picky and uncertain-of-what-she-wanted bride. She even stayed with me for much longer than our contract stated just to make sure I felt like I had this checked off my list of to-dos before heading to Connecticut.

Overall, Crystal is wonderful. Not only is she extremely talented, but she patiently and diligently works extremely hard to make you feel comfortable, happy, and beautiful. She is the skill and calm and dependability every bride needs on their wedding day! I give her my highest recommendation!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Drake Artistry Collective's reply:

Jana! I'm so happy that me and my tiny army of stylists got to be a part of your wedding. You were amazing to work with and everyone that day was so organized and on point, despite it being 4am. I am so happy that you were pleased.