Downbeat Reviews

Downbeat 3
Downbeat 4
Downbeat 5

Tiffany · Married on 09/23/2016

BOOK THIS VENDOR. Very helpful and flexible. AMFM was amazing! Worth the money, trust me!

Sent on 10/04/2016
  • W

Will · Married on 05/29/2016

Soultones was amazing. Their energy, musicianship, and professionalism were awesome. Gabi did a great job mc'ing the reception, and he and the rest of the band really drove the party. They added so much to our wedding experience. I cannot recommend Soultones highly enough!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Jessica · Married on 05/28/2016

AMFM and Diego, their executive director, were absolutely amazing to work with! Our guests had so much fun at the wedding because they kept the music upbeat and fun. AMFM's vocals are spectacular! They sang our ceremony songs so perfectly and were very accommodating to all of our requests. I am so in love with Laura, the female vocalist's voice! All the band members are stars and we feel so honored to have them play for us.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Kathryn · Married on 05/21/2016

My goodness did I love AM/FM! I watched all their videos prior to hiring them, and they looked amazing on video. Let me tell you- they are even more phenomenal live! They blew everyone away! From all the emails back and forth with Diego, to the day of the wedding everything went so smooth! I was a little nervous about how everything would flow but that all went out the window the night of- because they blew us out of the water. They got everyone involved, and not one person stayed on their seat! Id hire them again for an event!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Ashley · Married on 04/30/2016

As a Wedding Planner I have worked with many bands over the years and AMFM are so professional and on top of the details. They made the planning process very easy and went over all details ahead of time to ensure we had everything set for our clients wedding day. Most importantly they are SO talented and put on an incredible performance. The dance floor was literally packed the entire night and they sounded amazing. They are anything but a cheesy wedding band and instead are cool, polished and fresh. We added the horns section and it made the performance really come to life! I will be recommending them to any clients who want a band. The guests were all raving about them!

Sent on 05/03/2016

Sebastian · Married on 04/16/2016

Dear AMFM,
    We just wanted to say thank you so much for playing at our wedding!! The band was everything we had hoped for and more! Thank you for your freindliness, service, flexibility, and quality! We saw people dancing that never dance...everyone had such a great time. You guys are awesome! We have already recommended you guys to friends and will continue to do so.
    Sebastian & Diane Vollering

Sent on 05/23/2016

Angela · Married on 04/09/2016

My wife Angela and I absolutely loved having AMFM perform and run our reception! I personally loved how prompt Downbeat LA was in communicating and responding to me. After when I spoke with our guests, they couldn't stop talking about how amazing the live band was and I would definitely recommend the to any of our friends who are getting married. We also had so much fun getting to know the band because they are all awesome people who know how to have fun and their energy is really contagious in getting the guests on the dance floor. It's very clear that they are all professionals at what they do and we know our wedding would not have been the same without them!

Sent on 04/29/2016

Danielle · Married on 11/14/2015

Downbeat LA provided the band for my client's wedding on 11/14/15 at Milwick. They were easy to work with leading up to the event and even better on the wedding day. They kept the crowd entertained, announced each formality with enthusiasm and overall, made the event a perfect success. I highly suggest them for your next event!

Melissa · Married on 11/07/2015

Gold Standard exceeded our expectations and our clients were beyond happy!

Christopher · Married on 11/07/2015

My wife and I hired AM/FM (Downbeat LA) to perform at the Four Seasons Biltmore in Santa Barbara for our November 2015 wedding. We could not have been more pleased or satisfied with the band and the entire process.

Diego De la Rosa, band manager, was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the planning period. Diego was extremely responsive, always returning calls day of. He made himself available at all times to answer any questions or concerns we may have had. The process was seamless from beginning to end, it could not have gone more smoothly.

The band itself was beyond exceptional. An extremely talented group of individuals that kept people on the dance floor for the duration of the evening. They excelled in reading the room, always playing the right song next. We could not have been more happy with their performance, hearing from countless guests that they were one of the best wedding bands they've ever heard.

I fully endorse AM/FM (Downbeat LA) and could not recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 03/02/2016

David · Married on 10/31/2015

you guys were relentless, the party never stopped. wow. everyone was blown away. we wanted a show stopper for our wedding and you over delivered. we can't thank you enough. anyone looking for a band should stop right here. we can't thank you enough for making our event one we will never forget. thank you thank you.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Stacey · Married on 10/31/2015

One of our top priorities for our wedding was to get a great band and we spent a long time researching the different options in the LA area. As soon as we went to the AM/FM showcase we knew we had found the right one. They were full of energy and sounded AMAZING. People at our wedding couldn't stop talking about how great they were - people were on the dance floor all night. PLUS they were great sports and showed up (As requested) in halloween costumes for our 10/31 wedding. I only wish I could haven't another big event asap so that we could have them play again.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Lupe · Married on 10/17/2015

Downbeat LA is the 1 stop shop for entertainment. They took care of live ceremony music, cocktail hour music, live band reception, lighting, dj and sound services. They are amazing to work with from start to finish. Diego takes pride in his company and it reflects in the services provided. We got non stop compliments about the band (Soultones ). If you care about your guests enjoying real music don't look anywhere else.

Sent on 10/23/2015

monica · Married on 09/26/2015

HIGHLIGHT of my wedding! Beyond thrilled from the very beginning. Diego made things very easy and wonderful. Always responsive, professional and just an overall nice guy who goes above and beyond for his clients.
    The band KILLED IT! They were lively, fun, got down with the crowd. We had so much fun that no one even wanted to sit down for dinner. They sounded great and by the end you want them to stay and party with you. They came early and were ready to go before their call time. I couldn't have been happier with the entire experience! I still have people telling me how amazing my band was. They are the best and you won't regret working with all of them!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Brigitta · Married on 09/12/2015

This band was amazing in every way! Everyone in the band was very nice, had amazing energy and even better, they were all incredibly talented. They blew away our already high expectations. I can't thank them enough for making our wedding so enjoyable and giving us memories that will last a lifetime. We will find a party to hire them again because everyone had that much fun. They truly brought our wedding reception to the next level.

Entire band was polite, friendly, punctual, easy to work with and incredibly talented.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Soultones flew out to Portland to play at our wedding in Hood River, Oregon, and absolutely nailed it. They brought an amazing energy to the dance floor, were professional and most importantly, sounded great. They went out of our way to learn four new songs for our big day and stuck to our pre-arranged list of "must have's" and "definitely not" songs such that we really only heard the songs we wanted on our wedding day. We loved having the male/female vocalists as well as the manager Diego there to ensure everything ran smoothly. Cannot recommend enough!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Corey · Married on 08/22/2015

We loved having AMFM perform at our wedding! The whole process was very easy from start to finish. AMFM invited us out to watch one of their rehearsals and from that moment on we were sold! The best part of working with AMFM was that we were able to book all audio and music for the whole evening with one vendor. AMFM provided the microphones and sound for the ceremony (as well as the acoustic guitarist), the emcee and band for the reception, and the DJ for the late night party. After hearing what our friends had paid for a 10 piece band at their weddings, AMFM was actually much less so we were able to add in some extras like horns and a late night DJ which were great additions to the party. The band was super interactive throughout the night and all of our guests had the best time!

Ray · Married on 08/07/2015

Soultones was the highlight of our wedding! They were awesome! We got so much compliments for hiring the band. I really appreciated them learning my song in such short notice. I will definitely recommend them to all my friends. I actually want to throw another event so i can hire them again!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Pablo · Married on 08/06/2015

Downbeat LA is top notch! The music that Downbeat LA provided via AMFM was the heart and soul of our wedding. Many people approached us at our wedding and afterwards asking where we found such great musicians. After interacting with Diego and the whole Downbeat LA team we were very confident that the music element of the wedding would be perfect. In addition, Diego was invaluable to the whole party in general. He is professional and has extensive experience organizing top of the line events.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Shani · Married on 06/28/2015

Kesha and the Classics did such an amazing job for our wedding! The band KILLED it! I got so many comments throughout the night from guests saying that the band was incredible and that people were so impressed. They were so awesome to work with, friendly, fun, and made our wedding very special. They were flexible in arriving a bit earlier for setup since the schedule of the wedding was a bit different. The band played an amazing repertoire of songs that we loved, and kept people dancing on the dance floor until the very end! They also learned a few of our favorite songs, which made the whole night even more incredible and memorable. And best of all, every musician was talented, and brought a level of mastery and professionalism to the sound of the band that was nothing less than exceptional (and being a musician and performer myself, that says a lot!)

Thank you!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Stevie · Married on 05/02/2015

We had AMFM Band at our wedding and they were such a blast! All our guests are still raving about how much fun they had and how great the band was. They were all really easy going and very responsive. They all have such great stage presence and really give it their all, we went with 10pc and it was so fantastic. It's always way more fun with a live band and AMFM was just that.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Heather · Married on 04/01/2015

WOW. Just WOW. Words cannot express how happy we were with AMFM! I could go on and on about how amazing they are! My husband and I live in AZ and got married in Huntington Beach. I had the opportunity to come out to CA and check out AMFM at a pub in Pasadena prior to hiring them. I was amazed at their ability to really get the crowd moving, dancing, and singing--a crowd of all ages young and old might I add. I had the pleasure of communicating with Diego and he was always wonderful and quick to respond. We had our wedding on the beach and were unable to have a sound system like a normal wedding would. AMFM was able to play acoustic guitar for the ceremony and was accomodated all of the songs we chose for the ceremony. In addition to this, my brother and I did a surprise joke dance and AMFM was wonderful at accommodating this as well! All night and to this day our friends and family comments on what an amazing band AMFM was. There was not a single person not on the dance floor the night of our wedding with guests of all ages all night long. We are so thankful we hired AMFM to play our special day.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Natalie · Married on 02/14/2015

SoulTonesLA KILLED IT at our wedding!! We honestly could not be happier with their performance, song selection, volume/noise level, DJ services, lighting, etc. The DJ was execellent as well, and they were able to come in for us at an 11th hour request to provide the audio for our ceremony, which was PERFECT. The sound was incredible, and as I go back and watch and listen to videos friends took of our ceremony and reception, my only wish is that we could do it again, and again, and again. They truly made our night unique, special and were worth every single penny! David the lead singer, was pitch-perfect, and had everyone in love with him by the end of the night. They are super-professional, and I could go on raving about how good they were. But just hire them and see for yourself, they will NOT disappoint!! I am looking forward to having another event so I can hire them again. LOVE YOU GUYS!

Sent on 04/01/2015

Catherine · Married on 11/15/2014

We had hired the band for one of our clients and they enjoyed every moment of the performance!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Gina · Married on 11/15/2014

I wish I could have my wedding again just so AMFM can play for us!!! Or at least get invited to a wedding where they're performing! Having AMFM was definitely one of the highlights of our wedding and we're so happy that we had them. Diego was so incredibly easy to work with and his genuine excitement made us even more psyched about the big day. The DJ or band totally set the mood for the wedding so if you want to have fun and you want your guests to have a memorable time, then you can't go wrong with AMFM! In fact, we asked if we can add a horn section so they brought on extra musicians for the night and trust me that was well worth it. It makes a huge difference!

Also on the value, we shopped around before booking with AMFM and they are very reasonably priced compared to some of the other bands that are out there. I would highly highly recommend that you go with a live band like AMFM instead of a DJ because there's just a whole different energy that comes with live music.

Sent on 11/25/2014