Doug Smith Designs + Events Reviews

Doug Smith Designs + Events 3
Doug Smith Designs + Events 4
Doug Smith Designs + Events 5

Brenda · Married on 05/27/2017

Doug Smith Designs are incredible! They met with my daughter several times throughout the planning of her wedding and from her descriptions and Pinterest post were able to captured exactly what she was wanting in her floral designs and venue décor. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/27/2017

Doug and Glenn were absolutely incredible to work with. Not only are they super talented at flowers and decor, but they are so easy-going and fun to work alongside! James and I were so blown away by the flower arrangements - especially by my bouquet. They were gorgeous, and both Doug and Glenn were so very helpful throughout the planning process. I would absolutely recommend them to anybody, for any type of event!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. We wish you all the best and much happiness. PS - Loved working with you and your family!

Leah · Married on 05/20/2017

We used Doug and Glenn as our planners and coordinators for our Kentucky farm wedding in May 2017. They were wonderful throughout the planning process, and did a great job managing vendors and keeping us on schedule as the big day approached. This was particularly important for us as we live out of state and were planning the wedding from a distance. The ceremony went off without a hitch, the reception was beautifully decorated, and the overall day was magical. We received a number of comments from guests about the attention to detail throughout the day. We’d highly recommend Doug and Glenn to anyone looking for a planner/coordinator.

Sent on 05/26/2017

Ben · Married on 04/28/2017

Why they are THE BEST: 1. Doug & Glenn helped us find and lock down a fantastic wedding venue (beautiful/ affordable/ unique/ perfect for us!) ==== 2. Doug & Glenn have great connections and relationships with all the different wedding vendors around Lexington that are crucial in having a wedding, including caterers, cake chefs, the major downtown lexington hotels, ceremony orchestra and entertainment, florists, all of it! They really helped hook us up every step of the way. ==== 3. Doug & Glenn laid out a plan and timeline detailing everything we would need to have a fantastic wedding weekend, and they kept us on the ball to make sure we stuck to it! It was so valuable that they helped us get everything squared away so that we weren't dealing with a ton of decisions and details in the days and weeks leading up to our wedding. ==== 4. Most importantly, when the big day came, Doug & Glenn were SO on-point in orchestrating and ensuring that every aspect of the day would be executed well; Thanks to Doug and Glenn, WE REALLY WERE NOT VERY STRESSED and so WE HAD A FLAWLESSLY FUN WEDDING CEREMONY immediately followed by THE BEST PARTY I HAVE EVER BEEN TO! I know I am biased, but I swear to you, multiple friends of mine told me it was the best wedding they'd ever been to! === We are so so happy that we asked Doug and Glenn to be our wedding planners; they truly crushed it, and for that we are forever thankful <3 === (Background: My wife and I live in New York City, and met Doug while visiting my then-fiancee's family in Lexington in April 2016. Doug spent the better part of a day showing us around several wedding venues in downtown Lexington, a beautiful private farm, as well as the grounds and clubhouse of Buffalo Trace Distillery! That day we basically decided that Buffalo Trace was our venue, and Doug was our wedding planner, we worked together closely with in-person meetings, emails and phone calls over the course of the next year, and the rest is history!)

Sent on 06/01/2017

Christina · Married on 04/08/2017

Doug and Glenn were great to work with! They provided the flowers for the wedding party, the church, and the venue, and also provided table designs and chair covers. They listened to what we wanted, and created lovely flower designs. Their delivery was timely and hassle free. They were able to work within our budget. They were very responsive and provided guidance and suggestions when we needed them. Friendly and knowledgeable. Would recommend them to anyone looking for a florist or designer. Really loved working with them both!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Thank you very much! We appreciate the kind words and wish you both all the happiness.
  • User7472252 · event on 12/02/2016

I host events for a nonprofit that I run and was referred to Doug Smith (Doug Smith Designs) for our floral arrangements. Sometimes I get a little weary when using new vendors because you don't always know what to expect. I have to admit that Doug Smith Designs produced the most beautiful arrangements that I've EVER had for our events and was an absolute joy to work with. They were very flexible, on time, and competitively priced! I would recommend Doug Smith and his company to anyone without hesitation!

Sent on 12/08/2016
  • User7426800 · event on 11/16/2016

Very responsive to our needs on a very short notice. Many compliments on the centerpieces.

Sent on 11/21/2016
  • KentuckyWineBride

Laurel · Married on 11/06/2016

Booking Doug & Glenn as our florist was the BEST decision of our wedding. From Day 1 they were so wonderful to work with. We wanted pumpkin centerpieces, wine cork boutineers with cotton blooms, lace from my mom's dress on my bouquet, ornamental cabbages, etc. Every request we had they took it above and beyond what we envisioned. My wedding morning they delivered flowers to our bridal suite. Arranged all the centerpieces. They even had beds of greenery under our pumpkins for the ceremony. Everyone has talked about how gorgeous our flowers were. Thank you Doug and Glenn! You helped make our wedding the best day!
    Justin & Laurel

Sent on 11/29/2016

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day! We wish you all the best in your new lives together! Doug and Glenn

Rachel · event on 11/02/2016

Doug is always a pleasure to work with! His arrangements were absolutely beautiful. We return to him for our event every year!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Patricia · event on 10/25/2016

Going with Doug Smith Designs, I'm always guaranteed beautiful arrangements. Doug always does beautiful arrangements despite our limited budget. Would highly recommend them and have!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Jillian · event on 10/25/2016

I work with a non-profit that offers free legal services for low-income Kentucky families. Doug Smith Designs worked with us on our FCBA Pro Bono luncheon event, where we recognize the service of volunteer lawyers. This event is very important to our organization and Doug Smith Designs understood that it was important to make sure the quality of the flowers matched the sincerity of the event. Those honored are truly unsung heroes in our community. Not only were the flower centerpieces beautiful, but they were appropriately priced for our non-profit. I was at ease the entire planning process as Doug Smith Designs remained in contact with me and our venue! I would gladly recommend Doug Smith Designs for anyone looking to work with a professional and top quality florist and event planner.

Sent on 10/27/2016
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 10/16/2016

I met Glenn and Doug through Sarah Burton with Simply Love Studio. I attended a few of the vacation bridal school series as I spent two years planning my wedding :) and I fell in love with their work. When it came to flowers, decor, and day of coordination I knew what I wanted and Doug helped my vision come to life. I wanted a VH1 celebrity wedding and Doug made it happen. Everything from the pink uplighting, to my flower wall, to the sparkly navy linens, and floating candles, everything was perfection. Doug was great in helping me stay calm as time drew closer to the big day. Im sure he regrets giving me his cell number lol but he was nothing less than amazing. I just got my wedding album preview photos back a few days ago and there was no one else who could have helped me pull off such a beautiful wedding ceremony followed by a magical reception. Doug was a huge part of one of the happiest days of my life and I am forever grateful! I would highly recommend Doug Smith Events and Design to any bride who knows what she wants!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Linda · event on 10/04/2016

As always Doug provided beautiful, original, floral arrangements. He does a fantastic job!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Colleen · Married on 10/01/2016

Doug Smith Designs and Events is affordable and have been very easy to work with! They are easy to get a hold of with questions not only related to my flowers but other wedding suggestions as well! I am excited to work with them in just a few short months and I know my flowers will be beautiful!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Janet · Married on 08/20/2016

Doug did an AMAZING job for us! We originally went to see Doug regarding flowers but ended up utilizing him to decorate. I love that Doug listened to us! We showed him pictures of things we thought we wanted, and he asked really great follow-up questions. Oh! And did I mention he doesn't mind you calling or texting him if you have questions? He ALWAYS made himself available and always responded promptly. The end result was the church was absolutely beautiful! Doug suggested that we repurpose the flowers from the ceremony and use them at the reception (saved us some money!) :-) Can I just say---the church and the reception venue was absolutely georgeous! Our friends and family are still talking about the smell of the fresh flowers and how beautifully decorated the church and reception venue were.

Doug and Glenn are the best in the business! They brought all of our ideas to life and we couldn't have been happier. Let your search end here! I promise you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure being a part of Brionne and Lamar's special day.

L · Married on 07/09/2016

The flowers and arrangements were more than I could have imagined. Doug Smith created a gorgeous and memorable day for us! We cannot thank them enough. It was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Andrew · event on 06/24/2016

You guys are great to work with. You certainly have brought a tailored and polished look to the event. thank you!!!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Debbie · Married on 06/11/2016

Words cannot express how fantastic Doug and Glenn were being the Floral Designers for my daughters wedding as well as the wedding coordinators! The flowers and all of the decor was absolutely breathtaking, from the church to the reception site. They have such a keen eye for what looks amazing, that we let them advise us every step of the way and they did not disappoint! We were speechless when they took us in to see the reception room before the doors were opened! It was truly breathtaking! We also used Doug and Glenn as our wedding coordinators, and the rehearsal as well as the entire wedding day was stress free and went off perfectly! We took their advice every step of the way, and they had a timeline for us and all of our vendors down to the minute! Their attentiveness to the smallest detail will amaze you! Just like this morning when I texted them asking if the Priest had the marriage license to be filed they informed us they had it and they take care of that for their couples! A wedding can be a stressful time, but not with Doug and Glenn! I cannot recommend them highly enough, I wish there was a ten plus rating because a five does not do them justice! We feel we have made great friends with Doug and Glenn, they are fun, caring, easy to talk to and work with, and experts in floral design as well as wedding coordinators! If you want the perfect wedding down to every last detail, they are your choice!

Sent on 06/12/2016

Nishi · Married on 06/11/2016

Doug and Glenn are absolutely wonderful to work with. I had seen their flower arrangements at other friends' weddings and knew immediately I would be using them for my own wedding. Throughout the whole planning process, Doug and Glenn took the time to meet with me several times and truly understand what it was I was looking for. I absolutely loved their work come day of the wedding!! Moreover, in addition to being talented in their work, they are two genuinely nice people. I am so happy I chose Doug Smith Designs for my wedding and would recommend their services to others.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/11/2016

My bouquet was amazing! I couldn't believe how beautiful it was! The table settings were perfect, as well. The grooms boutonniere was great as well. The only issue was someone put the flowers in the fridge for the mom's and forgot to tell anyone.. so, sadly, those went to waste. But, not the florists fault! Thank you!!!!!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Chelsea · Married on 06/04/2016

I can not say enough AMAZING things about Doug and Glenn - We could not have pulled off our dream wedding without them! We had originally met with them to just discuss flowers for our wedding, but we decided to use them for coordination as well and we are so glad that we did.

I knew the style, colors and details that I wanted and they were able to make it a reality. From flowers, to centerpieces to the layout of the venue they designed the simple, yet elegant style that I was going for. Doug and Glenn were available through every step of the process to answer any questions that I had and to refer me to the best vendors in town.

Our flowers were everything that I wanted and more! I fell in love with my bouquet as soon as I saw it - the colors and simplicity were perfect and my style exactly. The arrangements were so gorgeous as well. We transferred them from the church to the reception venue and they were perfect for both locations. They definitely made our "head table" stand out and bring dimension to the room.

We seriously could not have asked for two better people to help us prepare for our most special day. They know their stuff and are the best at what they do. They are great at listening to your style and vision and then throwing in their own ideas as well, which was exactly what I needed. I would recommend them to anyone and we are SO pleased with their services.

Chelsea & Clay

Sent on 08/10/2016

Chelsea · Married on 06/04/2016

I cannot say enough AMAZING things about Doug and Glenn - We could not have pulled off our dream wedding without them! We had originally met with them to just discuss flowers for our wedding, but we decided to use them for coordination as well and we are so glad that we did.

Chelsea & Clay

Sent on 08/10/2016

Molly · Married on 05/28/2016

Doug and Glenn were wonderful. They literally thought of every detail and were so professional but also very kind and fun to work with. I could not be any happier with how my wedding turned out!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Emily · Married on 05/28/2016

Our flowers were absolutely stunning! I also made some paper flowers to use for boutonnieres and they agreed to add finishing touches to them for me (they did an amazing job). I got so many compliments on the florals!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Carri · Married on 05/22/2016

We called Doug Smith Designs after reading the positive reviews from other clients. After we met him for floral design, we decided to retain him for coordination services also. It was the best decision that we made for the wedding. He is prompt in returning emails. He thinks of every detail. His floral arrangements looked like something out of a magazine. He took our daughter's vision and created her dream wedding at Keene Place. He even dropped a wedding emergency kit by her hotel the morning of the wedding. My husband and I were able to be guests at the wedding because of Doug. Doug makes things happen. He is absolutely 100% dedicated to the event, and I cannot emphasize enough how integral he was in making the wedding stress free and completely enjoyable.

Sent on 05/25/2016