Doug Smith Designs + Events Reviews

Doug Smith Designs + Events 1
Doug Smith Designs + Events 2

Raine Fraser · Married on 10/05/2019

Best Decision for the Entire Wedding

The wedding day couldn’t have been more perfect thanks to Doug.

Sent on 10/10/2019
    Doug Smith Designs + Events 3

Leslie Godby · Married on 01/05/2019

Kayla's Wedding

We used Doug Smith Designs at our daughter's wedding last weekend, and they were great! We had only met with them twice, and they got every detail exactly as our daughter described. They were on reasonably priced, on time and professional and made everything simple and easy. We would highly recommend using them.

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Alexandria

Alexandria · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfection

We used Doug Smith Designs + Events for both design and month of coordination. Our experience was perfect. Doug was our initial contact, he was professional, responsive, and immediately put as at ease. Doug is an absolutely amazing and talented designer. Our floral creations were so beautiful they brought tears to my eyes. Everything from my bouquet to the arch at the “alter” to the centerpieces we’re just so stunning. He helped me pick details that helped add that charm we were looking for, but we never felt pressured by him to add more. He was truly focused on what we wanted and what our vision was of our perfect day. I had so many guests tell me that we had the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to, and that was in large part due to Doug. Glenn was our coordinator, and he was phenomenal. I ran into a few hiccups last minute with two other vendors, and Glenn handled those with grace and professionalism. I didn’t have to worry about anything. Not one detail. The day of the wedding, Glenn involved me in as much or as little as I wanted. My and my husband’s wedding day was our time to truly enjoy each moment as they passed. Doug and Glenn are two who you can trust to execute your vision and ensure it’s the best day of your new life together. We cannot thank them enough for all they did. They will forever hold a special place in our hearts!

Sent on 12/13/2018
    Doug Smith Designs + Events 4

Lori Maroudis · Married on 08/18/2018

Day of Coordinator Review

Doug and Glenn were recommended to us for Day of Coordinators. They honestly are a one stop shop, if you can book them for planning, design/floral etc. We got them for day of, and appreciated the knowledge, preparedness and organization to keep our day going, and organizing with all the vendors, while Bride & Groom and wedding parties focus on the day. They work with you on timeline etc. and keep everything flowing.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Kelly Jo · Married on 07/06/2018

Doug & Glenn were so helpful! They helped me think of things I never thought of and they helped with any issues that arose so that I could just enjoy. I could not have done it without them!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved being a part of your magical day! Doug and Glenn
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 06/29/2018

Since our wedding, I’ve been asked many times for my #1 tidbit of advice to brides in the midst of wedding planning - without hesitation my #1 piece of advice is to make sure Doug Smith Designs + Events is a part of your big day! Not only are Doug and Glenn (and their team) beyond talented and the upmost professionals with extraordinary organizational skills, but they are AMAZING people. Doug took my flower vision and turned it into an absolute masterpiece, that immediately brought me to tears. Glenn was our wedding month / day MVP. He went over and beyond to accommodate our families and us. In the midst of a small bridal panic, Glenn was a “rock” to my mother and me. There are truly no adequate words to express the gratitude that my husband and I have for Doug and Glenn. Don’t hesitate making them part of your big day, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 07/13/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/02/2018

Doug & Glenn were great! They made my vision come alive for my wedding, from the custom flower letters they made last minute to hang on the church & reception doors (that I now have hanging in our home), to my three different reception table centerpieces, to my BEAUTIFUL bouqet!!! They were able to take my crazy, pink, & feathery ideas and turn them into something beautiful and elegant. I showed up with pictures and constantly emailed them ideas from websites/pinterest and they made it happen! They were also wonderful working with us to stay within our budget and still bring my vision to life. They worked very hard to make my flowers go the extra mile and took all the flowers from the ceremony and repurposed them at the reception. From our first meeting, I knew Doug "got" my vision and boy did he deliver! He even met me at the flower market so I could show them what I did and didn't like. I can't thank them enough for all their hard work and beautiful flowers! These are your go to guys!!!

Sent on 08/20/2012

Sarah · Married on 05/18/2018

Doug and Glenn far surpassed our expectations for our flowers on our wedding day. The arrangements were stunningly beautiful and were exactly what I had described to them in our initial meetings. They were also the most affordable florist I met with. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/14/2018

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was an honor to be a part of your special day.
  • FutureMrsR

Amy · Married on 03/17/2018

With 3 weeks to go to my wedding, I completely forgot the flowers (bouquets, boutonnières, etc) and contacted Doug. With 2 emails and a payment complete, the flowers showed up at my venue. They were SPECTACULAR. I couldn’t have asked for better. Thank you guys again!!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Jenna · Married on 12/30/2017

Doug and Glenn are incredible! Not sure how anyone does it without them! The flowers were impeccable; the centerpieces and bouquets were just gorgeous. We gave some broad ideas, let them take care of the rest, and we were thrilled with how everything came together. The coordination that they provided made the weekend so much less stressful. They had everything planned perfectly and were just telling us where we needed to be and when from the start of the day to the end of the night. Made it SO easy and made for a flawless, fun and unforgettable weekend. My mom still can't believe she actually slept the nights leading up to the wedding because they had everything handled! Anything we needed, they came through, so we were so incredibly thankful we had them coordinating our wedding!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Jane · event on 12/29/2017

We used Doug Smith Designs & Events to do the floral arrangements at our son and daughter-in-law's rehearsal dinner at Tony's of Lexington. Doug was Very Helpful with guiding me on what we should do for the center pieces. The arrangements turned out beautifully and were just what I had pictured in my head. Doug was so easy to work with.

Sent on 01/09/2018

Kathleen · event on 12/10/2017

We used Doug Smith Designs for our corporate holiday dinner party. He has a great sense of style and the floral arrangements were the perfect accent to set our table. It was fabulously festive!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Kara · event on 12/09/2017

We sent Doug and Glen a few options of pictures as inspiration for decor regarding our work Christmas party. They more than brought them to life! The table setting was gorgeous. They exceeded our expectations for sure! :)

Sent on 12/11/2017

JessicaRose · Married on 10/21/2017

Absolutely amazing! Doug had everything handled beautifully! I didn’t really know what I wanted. I just showed him a few pictures and let him do his work. Everything was ready on time and perfect!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Allison · Married on 10/14/2017

Can I leave 10 stars? In all seriousness Doug and Glenn are exceptional. I used them for both 30-day out planning, and all florals for our wedding this past October 14, 2017. I knew when I began planing our wedding I wanted to surround myself with not only the best vendors, but also people that I connected with and would be able to keep me calm on the wedding day (I tend to get anxious in large groups, and knew I wanted a calm and relaxed wedding day!). Doug and Glenn took every worry away, and allowed my family and I to enjoy the day without stressing about any details. Every single detail was beyond beautiful, they were able to execute my vision perfectly! So perfectly in fact I am having another bouquet made to keep, it was the prettiest thing I have ever seen!! The process was easy, fun, and I consider them both dear friends. Do yourself a big favor and have these two be a part of your day. Thank you thank you both!! xo

Sent on 10/26/2017

Samantha · Married on 09/30/2017

They were awesome! Our flowers and decor was beautiful and the wedding coordination made everything go extremely smooth!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Lindsey · Married on 09/16/2017

From the first time we met with Doug I knew we had to have him help with our wedding! I had originally just planned on purchasing flowers from him (and ours turned out beautiful!). However, at our first meeting, he asked if we had though about wedding coordination (which I hadn't!). As he was explaining their services, he brought up details about my wedding that had literally not even crossed my mind, but yet, all of these details were SO important! There was no turning back. I knew he would be a perfect fit for the extra guidance I needed! He was so knowledgeable, full of helpful advice, and willing to help in any way he could. All while not being pushy/judgemental at all! We talked about all my ideas, concerns, and worries and he assured me it would all turn out just fine. From the face-to-face meetings, to the emails, to the day of coordination, to the flowers; everything was perfect. I honestly don't know how we would have gotten through the day without their help. I am a very detail oriented person and he provided us with a timeline for our wedding day which was a game changer. It made me feel so much more organized knowing exactly how much time we had for everything we needed to squeeze in the day. I felt like I was clinging to our two assistants all day (Sarah & Susan). They kept me on track and always made me feel reassured that everything was going like it was supposed to. It's like they could anticipate things before they even happened and I was so grateful for them. They were in contact with our vendors the day of our wedding, making sure set up was going smoothly. All we had to do was show up to the ceremony on time! It made the day so much less stressful knowing that they were handling that aspect. If I had to do it over again, I would choose Doug Smith Designs + Events every time. I felt like it was the best money we spent on our wedding, worth every penny! They are so good at what they do and we were very impressed!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Alley · Married on 08/26/2017

Absolutely amazing work! They made everything so easy for us and we were able to rely 100% on them! We loved our flowers and couldn't be more thankful for the designs they created!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Cecilia · Married on 07/03/2017

What you want more than anything is the perfect day, the best venue, beautiful flowers, great food, appropriate invitations, entertainment, and oh yes, the groom! Doug and Glen of Doug Smith Designs were spot on for my daughter in a short timeframe. Within six months my daughter had the wedding of her dreams, even though she says she never dreamed of that day! They identified her personality and met her expectations flawlessly. The whole experience can be overwhelming, even for those of us who think we can do it all! I have #2 in 2018 and would not consider using anyone else!

PS…. Their flowers are were exquisite and commented as such by everyone, including other floral designers!

Sent on 07/06/2017

abigail · Married on 07/03/2017

There are not enough words in the world for Will and I to adequately express our appreciation and gratitude to Glenn and Doug of Doug Smith Designs + Events for guiding us through the planning and production of our July 2017 wedding. As a person who hadn't thought much about what kind of bride I wanted to be or what kind of wedding I wanted to have, I went into the whole thing pretty (or rather seriously...) uninformed on how all those Southern Living and Pinterest-worthy weddings come together in real life. But Glenn and Doug took my no-nonsense personality in stride :) From the very first time we met with them, I knew we were in the right hands. These were the guys who would not only provide us with prompt information and the widest variety of options and ideas (who knew there were SO many??), but more importantly, these were the guys who would help creatively inspire me and help us to develop a fully-realized vision for the most beautiful day of our lives. Glenn and Doug treated us like family and made sure we were taken care of every step of the way. Their unyielding support, impeccable professionalism, and unparalleled industry expertise are what gave me, my husband, and both our families the irreplaceable opportunity to truly enjoy our wedding instead of having to stress over it. I would, without hesitation, recommend their services again and again (and then again one more time, for good measure!).

Sent on 07/17/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/09/2017

Doug and Glenn are seriously amazing. I can honestly say that our wedding would not have happened without them. Due to some life circumstances we ended up having to move our wedding forward three months AFTER having vendors booked. They had all of our changes done within a day. The biggest positives for us were: 1. ease of communication - they were always available to answer questions, and there was no limit on the amount of communication (I found this to be the case with many other planners when I was searching). 2. Our wedding day was totally stress-free, we really enjoyed our big day!! This was definitely the best money we spent on our wedding, I would recommend them to anyone looking for a planner!!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Cara · Married on 06/03/2017

Doug & Glenn are truly gifted at what they do. I did my floral and a lot of my decor with them, and I truly could not be happier with the way things turned out. I met with and spoke to Doug on several occasions, and I felt so at ease knowing they were in charge of those things. On my wedding day they had leftover flowers, so one of their team members brought over the flowers and greenery and found the most wonderful places for it. They have great ideas and are extremely accommodating to what YOUR vision is.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Brenda · Married on 05/27/2017

Doug Smith Designs are incredible! They met with my daughter several times throughout the planning of her wedding and from her descriptions and Pinterest post were able to captured exactly what she was wanting in her floral designs and venue décor. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/27/2017

Doug and Glenn were absolutely incredible to work with. Not only are they super talented at flowers and decor, but they are so easy-going and fun to work alongside! James and I were so blown away by the flower arrangements - especially by my bouquet. They were gorgeous, and both Doug and Glenn were so very helpful throughout the planning process. I would absolutely recommend them to anybody, for any type of event!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. We wish you all the best and much happiness. PS - Loved working with you and your family!

Leah · Married on 05/20/2017

We used Doug and Glenn as our planners and coordinators for our Kentucky farm wedding in May 2017. They were wonderful throughout the planning process, and did a great job managing vendors and keeping us on schedule as the big day approached. This was particularly important for us as we live out of state and were planning the wedding from a distance. The ceremony went off without a hitch, the reception was beautifully decorated, and the overall day was magical. We received a number of comments from guests about the attention to detail throughout the day. We’d highly recommend Doug and Glenn to anyone looking for a planner/coordinator.

Sent on 05/26/2017