Doug McBride PhotoCinema Reviews

19 | Des Moines, IA

19 Reviews for Doug McBride PhotoCinema

• Dulcinea

Dulcinea · Married on 10/20/2019

Great Experience Fun and Professional!! I will hire him again!

Doug and his assistant was wonderful! My other wedding photographer canceled on us, and Doug was not only willing to step in and take over with only 5 months to plan, he also offered me a great price for his services. All my fiance's family and friends live on the East coast, so we found out only a month out that they weren't going to make it to Iowa to be at our wedding. Doug quoted me $150 to do the videography (for just our wedding,which is what I had asked for.) Money was tight, so we were unable to pay it. He offered to drop the price another $50 dollars because he know I really wanted to have it for my fiance's family/friends back home. Luckily a wedding gift came in, that allowed us to get him to do the video too. My fiance has issues with bright lights and flash, and Doug was willing to tackle these issues by not using flash for our indoor photos. (A lot of wedding photographers we had originally spoken too, didn't want to touch this issue) He had an assistant there, that he paid out of his own pocket, so that he would be able to cover everything. His assistant was a sweetheart, who took photos but remained in the background, to the point I'd forget she was there. (Our bridal room was small.. so to do that takes talent.) Both Doug and his assistant was amazing. Professional, fun, easy going and a sense of humor. When our wedding party wanted to do some wacky things for our photos Doug and his assistant went with the flow and took the photos. I haven't seen the photos yet. Some of the outside photo locations, I couldn't see the whole picture....but guests watching I overheard them many times saying "Oh that will be a great photo" I will hire Doug again soon!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Angela Christensen · Married on 10/05/2018

Truly wonderful

My experience working with Doug was wonderful. He was very professional, reasonable priced, and my wedding photos turned out better than I though was possible. I'd recommend Doug to anyone I know.

Sent on 12/06/2018

shaqueta · Married on 06/03/2017

Doug was awesome. He Was very helpful With the ceremony. He was willing to work with us. if you choose Him yoy won't regret it.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Casebolt · Married on 04/29/2017

We couldn't have asked for a better ppl person to do our wedding photos. We a very happy and would use Doug for other things.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Trisha · Married on 10/22/2016

We were married October 22, 2016 at the World Food Prize in Des Moines, IA. Doug was our photographer. We have so many beautiful shots from the day. We were very pleased with Doug's work not only the day of the wedding, our engagement pictures, and the editing of our photos. I also recommend videography. We hadn't planned on having video done on our wedding day and changed our mind last minute. We are so glad now to have a video of all of the special moments from our day.

Sent on 01/27/2017

R · Married on 09/17/2016

Doug was very flexible and did everything we asked. His photos were beautiful and very fun! He's creative and professional, would definitely recommend his service!

Sent on 01/25/2017

Carline · Married on 08/13/2016

Doug, the one suggestion I would offer is to use cell phone for access and also text messaging for quick responses. It's needed in this rapid response society.

Sent on 01/25/2017

Melissa · Married on 09/20/2015

Doug was amazing to work with. I met him at a wedding expo in West Des Moines, and he happened to be free for our date 9/20/2015. We were trying to keep our costs down and he worked with our budget, he did both our photography and videography for us with one assistant over two hours of the day. We got married in Walnut Woods (where he'd also been married back in the day) - he knew the location and was able to knock out our post-ceremony couples pictures quickly, getting us back to the party fast with great results. He was very observant, he got quotes from different family members, when he realized it was my brother in the band, he made sure to get a couple of songs of theirs on video, which when I saw later made me SO happy (I'd forgotten to tell him it was my brother's band). And the turnaround was so fast - we had our discs in hand within a month after the ceremony (possibly a week, but I don't want to talk that up too much, I'm sure it helped that we weren't married in June). We've watched our wedding video at least a dozen times since we got it, and the first time we put it in I called Doug to tell him just how incredibly happy we were with the job he'd done. And now that we're a year and a half past the wedding, I can say even more that the money we spent on his services was completely worth it - I'd choose Doug again for my wedding in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Brandi · Married on 08/21/2015

Doug McBride was recommended to us by Christiani's Catering and I am so glad that we used him as our photographer for our wedding. My husband is not a fan of having his picture taken and I wasn't interested in spending a ton of time and money on a billion pictures that will only be reviewed in full once every five years or so. Doug provided what we needed: fast and thorough photography services. He got the pictures that we needed plus a few fun ones and he didn't waste time. The best part was that he provided us with digital copies of the pictures so we could print which ones we wanted at any time! Wonderful.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Jonathan · Married on 06/27/2015

Really easy to work with. Very friendly. Great pictures. We got them almost immediately after the wedding. Did a great job. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Kevin · Married on 05/30/2015

Great service at a cheap price

Sent on 07/21/2017

Sheena · Married on 05/23/2015

Doug McBride done a spectacular job capturing every single moment of our special day! He brought along another photographer with him so we have amazing shots from different angles! He has a wonderful energetic personality, and very easy to work with. He has very good, different, unique ideas! Glad he was with us all day to put our wedding day into masterpieces!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Brittany · Married on 04/19/2014

Doug was awesome and went with the craziness of the wedding party like it was so easy for him to do! We are very happy with how our pics turned out. He had some crazy ideas that we loved!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Leslie · Married on 09/15/2018

Very good experience.

The highlight and full video were very well done. The quality of the picture and sound was amazing. Doug got very special elements brought into the video that added so much to the overall product! Very pleased!!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Jennifer O · Married on 09/09/2017

Highly Recommeded

Doug was a valuable part of making my daughter's wedding a memorable experience. He made the wedding party feel relaxed and made it fun for them which was important to the bride. The photographs were beautiful and captured everything we wanted. We live in Waterloo but the wedding was in Des Moines. Doug recognized our travel schedule and accommodated us. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Katie · Married on 03/05/2016

We have good and bad.....

The bad:
    1. When the background noise and the music are both playing, it's a little annoying. (One example, when my cousin is singing the Unity Cross song, you can hear her and the music that played over the video.)
    2. The wind, train and sirens that can be heard during our interview.
    3. I would have liked to see more of my guests dancing and enjoying the reception.
    4. The slideshow photos moved a little too fast.

The good:
    1. You worked with me financially.
    2. You and your boys were a lot of fun and easy to work with at the wedding.
    3. You were willing to do something new for me: same-day edit for the reception.
    4. You kept in contact with me and even let me watch the video and give my input on changes, etc.
    5. We LOVED the individual interviews and the photos with a message from our wedding party -- it was so fun to see what our loved ones had to say!
    6. The quality of the photos were sharp.
    7. The fact that you do cinematography AND photography (I wasn't able to find anyone else, professionally, who did that).
    8. I really could go on and on.

Thank you very much for working with us, I already have recommended you to others!

Sent on 01/24/2017

Michael was amazing! He dealt well with the large family I had and the flower girl! I could not ask for more. He was amazing! Very responsive and listening to what we wanted.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Emily · Married on 09/05/2015

Overall, I really enjoyed our experience with Doug! He was professional, and our photos turned out nice! The only thing I wish was that there were more photos with different backgrounds, and more photos with just my husband and me. He would probably do that upon request though!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Brittani Bowman · Married on 09/21/2018

Great service!

He was very friendly to me and all my guests. Non-intrusive but took all the pictures at each stage of the wedding. A little more expensive than I wanted to pay but that added a level of professionalism that I might’ve regretted by having someone else.

Sent on 12/07/2018