DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wichita Airport Reviews

9 | Wichita, KS

9 Reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wichita Airport

• Theresa

Theresa · Married on 04/28/2018

We held our daughter's wedding reception here. Cassie, the catering director, is so professional and patient. She met with us numerous times to plan the event, to answer our questions and to help with decorating ideas. The staff did all the prep work and decorating for the event. That alone was worth the money. The special lighting, the punch fountain, the linens, the delicious dinner all came together to create a beautiful way to celebrate the wedding. We are extremely pleased with this venue choice. We are still hearing how beautiful everything was from our friends.

Sent on 05/21/2018

karen · Married on 08/19/2017

For my daughters wedding we viewed approx 8 venues to accommodate our reception requirements. After much consideration we choose the Doubletree by Hilton Wichita airport because of their space availability and general location being so convenient for out of town guest. Every interaction since then has confirmed that the Doubletree was the best choice for us, not only because of availability and location but also because of their commitment to providing a seamless and enjoyable experience. Cassie, the catering manager, was incredibly helpful with all of our questions. She went out of her way to address all issues above and beyond our catering needs. Her notes, designs, and suggested details for the venue space were beyond helpful. Cassie and staff were there the day of to ensure every detail was perfect and executed all plans beautifully. The Doubletree is the hole package from venue space to food to staff everything was just perfect we could not have been more pleased!

Thanks for making this day so special for our family!

-Karen

Sent on 09/13/2017

April · Married on 10/15/2011

When I first contacted the Hilton for my reception venue, I was surprised with how quickly they responded to my e-mail request and how helpful Pam was. She let me know all the costs and I knew just what I was paying for and my reception was perfect :)

Sent on 11/01/2011

Kristen · Married on 08/18/2007

My wedding cake was almost the best part of the wedding. The chocolate is highly recommended. The price was high but i have never had a cake this good before so it was well worth it. They can do what ever flavor you want and any style you want. I took pictures of a cake i found on line and she was able to create it just like the picture. She is truly a great artist. I have had other cake but never like this. It’s been a year since the wedding and I still get comments on the cake. This is an absolute must if you want to eat the best cake of your life. Plus she comes and sets everything up for you at your location so you don't have to worry about it. If you have the money for it, get it, you will not be sorry.

Sent on 05/11/2008

rachel · Married on 12/31/2016

The hotel staff were awesome to work with, everybody from planning with Cassie to the event itself. The front desk was always helpful. A great place to host as event.

Sent on 01/14/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 01/02/2016

We loved having our reception at the DoubleTree. Here are a few reasons why:
    - With a certain amount of catering purchased, the venue fee was waived.
    - Pam, the catering manager, was incredibly helpful, resourceful, and professional. She has many well-deserved community awards hanging on her wall. I felt secure in her capable hands the entire time.
    - Some decor, including centerpieces, candles, mirrors, and linens were free. Not only did this help our budget, but it gave me peace of mind knowing that it was at least one less vendor I had to contract with.
    - the Value Date: we got married during a time that the hotel is less busy, so we got extras, including an extra room in the hotel for family or friends, a punch fountain at the reception, and a champagne toast for the entire party. We could have chosen an ice sculpture, as well. It added some fun to our wedding that wouldn't have been there otherwise!
    - The food was delicious. We had many options to choose from. We did a plated chicken and vegetarian selection, and had a few appetizers to start.
    - The layout is spacious and accommodating to a crowd. We were in the larger of the two ballrooms. Pam helped us work with the set-up crew to design a unique table layout.
    - Nice rooms. I stayed at the hotel the two nights before my wedding. It was comfortable, clean, and a great place to host our guests.

If we could do it again, I'd choose the DoubleTree.

Sent on 02/17/2016

It was so nice to be able to have our reception at a hotel and close to the airport for our out of town guests. It is a beautiful space! Pam did an incredible job of making sure we knew of all the services that they provided. She also provided get recommendations for meals/beverages/appetizers based on our budget.

The only concern I had was the timeline for serving the meal during the reception. It was delayed which caused all the other activities to be delayed/changed/cancelled. I was very disappointed that the meals were not brought out in the timely manner that was said during our planning meetings.

Sent on 11/09/2013

Landon · Married on 08/12/2017

4.2
      3.0
      3.5

Overall we had a spectacular wedding. We did find it to be challenging at times to get in touch with the coordinators but overall this is a fantastic venue with great food and exceptional wait staff.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Nichole · Married on 06/22/2013

2.4
      3.5
      1.5

I recently had my wedding here in July. It turned out to be beautiful and Cassie Willis was amazing to work with. I love how they let us start setting up the night before and they didn't mind helping us. The bridesmaids and I rented a suite for the night before to stay in and it was beautiful! Doubletree gave my husband and I the same suite for free for the night of the wedding, loved that! I did have some issues with the manager of the kitchen and wait staff, I asked for my champagne bottles that I paid for and did not open because I wanted to take them with me and she was very rude to me and started talking under her breath about me as I walked away. It was very rude! We paid thousands for the food and we weren't allowed to box the leftovers up and take home, they said they throw it in the trash, felt like throwing money away! But I wasn't going to let any of that ruin mine and my husband's night! We still had a blast and will never forget our special night! The next morning we woke up and went to Legends restaurant which is in the hotel and food was amazing as always, I had than asked the front desk for a late checkout because we had so much to do considering we just had our wedding there and she was very rude to me and told me no! I was in shock! I said we just spent almost 10 grand here and we can't get a late checkout?! She said well I guess, how long? I said at least an hour, nope she gave us 30 mins! After all that we decided we will probably not go back. Sad because it is a very beautiful hotel.

Sent on 08/09/2017