DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Pedro Reviews

16 | San Pedro, CA

16 Reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Pedro

Diane · Married on 05/26/2018

They went out of their way to please us. They made sure our accommodations were excellent. Our wedding ceremony and reception area was superb. They treated us with royalty. Erica, Megan and Randa gave us A++ service. I love that team. Great team work.

Sent on 06/09/2018

PRISCILLA · Married on 06/11/2016

This vendor was absolutely amazing. My wedding day was incredible and beautiful thanks to the staff, especially Erica. I was very happy that the staff was very considerate to what I wanted and what my vision was for my reception. The venue was much more beautiful and luxurious than the other places that we looked at for the same price. It was so much fun and everyone really enjoyed themselves.

Sent on 07/08/2016

such a beautiful venue. I had a wonderful time and was so happy I chose this venue. Erica Thorne is a beautiful person and working with her was so much fun. Very understanding and will work with you without hesitation. Totally had the most memorable wedding and my guest also enjoyed themselves. The food, ambiance and service was perfect. thank you so much.

Sent on 05/12/2016
  • Josh

Josh · Married on 09/21/2012

Our wedding was by far the best we've ever attended (no bias there....) The Doubletree staff was very helpful and cognizant of every request we had. They even loaded up on Guinness for the reception! Our wedding coordinator Nikki helped us meet our target price and made sure everything was ready for us on our big day. The food was fantastic and everyone loved it. The ceremony setting and especially the cocktail hour (I think our guests got their money's worth) were big hits with our guests. We had such a great time and it truly was the best day of our lives.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Tiffany · Married on 06/16/2011

We couldn't have found a better place to hold our wedding reception...the food was great, and especially the customer service we received from Nikki Ross...she was so generous to us throughout the entire process...she even upgraded us to the Presidential Suite for our wedding night...she also gave us an additional room that we could use as a dance floor to so that we would have more space...anytime we had to make any changes to our menu, she was right on top of things...I'm very impressed with the entire staff at The DoubleTree Hotel San Pedro...the food was excellent, and especially the appetizers...everyone loved them!!!...I definitely will recommend this Hotel to any person interested in hosting an event...thank you especially to Nikki Ross :)

Sent on 06/28/2011
  • Sam and Chris

Samantha · Married on 04/10/2011

The Doubletree in San Pedro was great. The location is beautiful right on the harbor the view looks out at all the boats docked. We were able to book a block of rooms for our guests at a discounted price. Our wedding cooradinator at the hotel was Laura Lavato she is very sweet and helped us make everything happen. We were in the Madeo room with about 90 guests it was the perfect size. The food was good and was served on time. Over all we had a great experince from the very begining. I would reccomend this location to anyone that likes package deals at reasonable prices.

Sent on 05/15/2011

Nina · Married on 03/19/2011

Nikki Ford, our catering manager at Double Tree by Hilton Hotel San Pedro, was very accommodating. She worked with us on our budget and anything else that we need. Nikki provided us with great ceremony / reception site, & delicious food. I'll share with you something that Nikki did for me that was so sweet. At the line up for the ceremony, she waited with me & my boys to make sure that my dress & my boys' tux were straighten up & in place. I knew it was at the end of her shift. She could have just gone home to her family but she chose to stay & helped us. What a great customer service! Thank you Nikki . . . You are very much appreciated.

Sent on 03/24/2011

David · Married on 07/31/2016

We were so happy that we went with the DoubleTree San Pedro for our reception location and primary accommodation location for our guests! The location is beautiful (with all its new renovations!) and our guests really appreciated its proximity to the Marina and beach. Erica Thorne, the primary event coordinator, is enthusiastic, friendly, and accommodating! We clicked with her from our first meeting until our final goodbyes. Our time there was fantastic and we would so recommend this venue for any other SoCal couple getting married!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Jenelle · Married on 12/28/2014

My wife and I got married at the Double Tree in San Pedro between Christmas and New Years. We had a very good experience. A little on our background, because of job commitments we had went 2 and a half months from engagement to the wedding itself. I was in Oklahoma for training while she was finishing up school in northern California. Most of our family lived in Southern California and we wanted to get married down there.

Because of this my wife and I weren’t able to see the location ourselves until a day before the wedding. Chris the event manager at the double tree was a huge help. He was very good at getting back to us and making changes with our event as we realized what we would like to do. When we started looking it took a while for other places to get back to us. The deciding factor was how hopeful Chris was. It was easy for our family and friends to help plan the event and go see the location.
    For the day of we did the ceremony outside which worked out well. We had seat covers which I would recommend. The location worked great for 60 guests but could easily hold many more. There is some cracks in the ground which could be problematic is anyone in heals in clumsy. Very easy for everyone to be heard without a microphone if needed.

For the reception it turned out better than we could have expected. The room was perfect size for 60 people for the wedding. The cake was a part of our package and also turned out amazing as we didn’t get to taste it until everyone else did. The meal was also very good.

It turned out to be a great decision and as it’s a hotel everyone was able to stay their also.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Rich · Married on 11/04/2017

3.8
      3.0

DoubleTree was a great venue for our 300+ wedding guest count in their Madeo Ball Room.

Sent on 11/15/2017
  • Binh

Binh · Married on 08/28/2010

3.4
      3.5
      3.5

We loved how the hotel is right by the water. Our wedding was in August so the breeze was very nice and enjoyable. The hotel is in decent condition also, wasn't to run-down. All of our guests enjoyed their meals. We did have some problems with our catering manager. She wasn't answering my emails and questions clearly. If I wanted straight and clear answers, I had to call her directly. Our guests also had the same problem about the block rooms. Many of our guests were given rooms that had up-charges because the hotel was "booked" and the more expensive marina view rooms were only available. We weren't told that they had to call a specific someone rather than the front desk which was a bit confusing. In the end, the venue turned out to be a success. Our guests enjoyed the scenery and was fairly surprised by how nice the hotel was.

Sent on 09/18/2010
  • Brandie

Brandie · Married on 07/31/2011

3.2
      3.0

The venue was great. I was so glad my team had it together because the planner I had been working with at the hotel was not there the day of, and she did not give good notes to the person that was in charge on that day. My group had to coordinate everything. The food was excellent, all of our guests kept saying it was the best wedding food they ever had.Overall we had a great day.

Sent on 08/23/2011

2.8
      2.5

Limited staff, be sure there is enough day of staff AND that the venue prepares for the amount of people expected to be accommodated. The cocktail hour was a disaster because the venue ran out of clean glasses which is ridiculous, if 350 guests are expected, then 350 glasses should be ready to be utilized, very very poor planning on Doubletree's end. In addition make sure to keep an eye on the time, they ended 30 minutes prior to actual end time, the venue was reserved until 12am but they stopped everything at 11:30pm, totally not okay! Also, wine was to be provided with dinner, they immediately opened the wine brought in by us before dinner was even served which was NOT in the contract, wine was to be provided throughout dinner and THEN AND ONLY THEN will the bottles of wine purchased by groom's family will be opened for guest consumption. The venue DID not abide by this and immediately started opening the wine bottles brought in and charged corkage fees, ridiculous!!!

Sent on 06/03/2016
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 07/19/2014

2.4
      1.5
      1.0

We booked our wedding with Doubletree a year or so before our wedding date. In that time, we literally had 3 catering managers. Each time someone left, we had to rehash all of the details of what was promised to us etc.

It started with a come on deal that they promised us. A free hour of bar. That bar haunted us until literally the day before the wedding. We felt like we had been put in a bait and switch situation, as once the original person who promised us that hour of bar had left ... it was as if the incentive had left with her. The contract that we signed as a result of that incentive was still cast in stone though so we were stuck. We even insisted that we get this squared away before they ran our credit card - so they sent us an itemized statement of what we would be receiving. We authorized the card, and then on the receipt... the bar had vanished. Finally, they did give us the bar, but it was not without literally going back and forth with them about 10 times right up until the day before the wedding.

We also asked them to set us up a room block, because the very reason we wanted to have our wedding at a hotel was because I have a lot of family out of state. Did they do that? No, they set up a room block for half of what we asked, despite my repeated requests to increase it. Low and behold - the hotel sold out the night of the wedding, before the invitations were even mailed out. We had to have guests stay at a nearby hotel and arrange for Doubletree to shuttle.

All in all, I think that most of my issues with them were in their managers... the food itself was amazing and the room was beautiful. For what we got, the value was good. However, I feel like "we got what we paid for" in having to deal with so many issues. That said, the day of the wedding, after all the drama had been rehashed for the last time, the event turned out alright.
    Had we just had one person who helped us the entire time it may not have been so bad.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Erianna · Married on 02/12/2011

2.2
      1.5
      2.0

Overall, my husband and I were content with the Doubletree for our wedding venue. Unfortunately, we were paying for our wedding. And for the cost, the service and quality of food was not bad. All of our guests raved about their meals- we did buffet, and seemed to enjoy themselves. However, in terms of the planning, it was very difficult to get in touch with our account manager- it seemed she was always gone, sick or "didn't received my emails." We were told many things that in the end did not appear to be true- we were told that our package that we signed up for would lock in all prices. However, with our wedding being the year after we signed the contract, all prices were changed on us stating that since we hadn't paid for the entire event yet, the prices changed. Apparently the deposit and signed contract was not enough. Additionally, we signed up for the highest package in order to get wine for all guests with dinner. But when dinner came, there was no wine- I had to go argue with the onsite manager in order for them to bring out the wine that was already part of the package. Overall, the venue is okay- not exceptional, not terrible. I believe there is room for improvement. In terms of our hotel room blocks, we had very little issues- I called the room management line constantly and had no problems.

Sent on 03/16/2011

Sheila · Married on 10/20/2007

1.4
      0.0
      3.0

I would NOT recommend this vendor to anyone. They made promises that were not kept including the setup time for outside vendors, meal options, pricing, and accommodations. They kept tacking charges on that were not discussed prior to the event and were not in the contract. When the issues were brought up to management, we were disregarded. They booked additional events in between mine, when we were assured that they would not. This delayed the time my outside vendors could setup, when we were promised a certain setup time. When this issue was addressed, we were lied to and no one would listen to our complaints. My fiance is allergic to carrots and walnuts and we were assured that there would be no carrots or walnuts on his plate....there were. I was promised a checkin time to my suite so I would be able to get ready for my wedding and they delayed it by 3 hours, forcing me and my bridesmaids to get ready in the hotel lobby and bathrooms. When my guests reserved their hotel rooms which were under a room block, they were told that room block did not exist and to try another hotel down the street and then at the last minute, "I'm sorry what was the bride/groom's name again? Oh, we do have a room for you...". My guests were treated like crap! I, the bride, was treated like crap! Overpriced, flaky staff, poor management....DO NOT CHOOSE THIS PLACE FOR YOUR CEREMONY OR YOUR RECEPTION!!!

Sent on 11/30/2007