Do's & Dye by Julie Reviews

Do's & Dye by Julie 6
Do's & Dye by Julie 7

Elizabeth Delgado · Married on 11/11/2018

Bride/groom

Julie was absolutely amazing. She was punctual, efficient, and so accommodating. My family absolutely loved her. Her patience with my grandmother was so appreciated and her help with pinning my nieces hair up; after she was already done with everyone's hair, was so very kind and helpful. Julie was truly just amazing, and made me and my ladies hair look stunning.

Jane · Married on 09/29/2018

I had left beauty planning for my wedding till pretty last-minute, and Julie was an absolute hero and managed to squeeze me in on a busy wedding weekend and make it work. I'm absolutely in love with the hairstyle she gave me and my maid-of-honor. She listened to exactly what we wanted and totally delivered. I have curls and often find that stylists try to tame or straighten them in a way that doesn't feel like me, but Julie totally embraced them and did something beautiful. I cannot recommend her enough!

Do's & Dye by Julie 8
    Do's & Dye by Julie 9

kelsey · Married on 09/15/2018

Julie is AMAZING! I will recommend her to all of my friends that are getting married! From planning to the day of Julie is professional and easy to work with! It was so much fun having her while getting ready, she fit right in! Everyone's hair came out exactly how they wanted it and lasted the entire night! Julie is so flexible and can do anything, we even made some last minute changes to my hair even though we had a trial. Julie's work speaks for itself, she is the best!

Laura · Married on 09/15/2018

Could not ask for more

julie was the best, from my trial appointment through the big day, even when I emailed her a month before and wanted to completely change my look (I ended up not). She came to my site, did my hair plus 5 bridesmaids, and fit in like one of my oldest friends was doing my hair. So many compliments, I even wore the updo to breakfast the next day that’s how perfect it was. If she’s available, book her!!

Do's & Dye by Julie 10

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2018

I fell in love with Julie the minute I saw her Instagram - her work is absolutely phenomenal - and I instantly knew that I HAD TO HAVE HER FOR MY WEDDING! She surpassed all of my expectations for a hair stylist on my big day!! 1) She was not only on time, but EARLY; 2) She listened to each and every one of my bridesmaids to make sure they all had the ‘do’ of their dreams; 3) She listened to my comments on the other girl’s hairstyles and tailored my ‘do’ to perfectly match me; 4) She is an absolute professional, and her work is incredible - my day wouldn’t have been the same without her!

Ellina · Married on 08/11/2018

Julie is so unbelievably talented. She went above and beyond to make sure that my morning of getting ready went as smoothly as possible. Julie is very personable and really listens to what you want and offers insightful ideas to help you get the look you want. Julie is really easy to get in touch with and responds within hours of getting your email. She is really flexible and always seems comfortable and relaxed even if you change your mind about your hairstyle a few times :) She is a true artist and is able to create beautiful hairstyles and recreate hairstyles that you are interested in. She was honestly one of the most reliable and responsive vendors I hired for my wedding day. I currently live 2 hours away from her salon and am considering making her my go-to hairstylist. She's worth it :)

Amanda · Married on 07/14/2018

Julie does an amazing job with hair! She was prompt to arrive on time the day of the wedding and very accommodating. I had two last minute guests want their hair done and she was more than happy to do so. Everyone’s hair came out great and stayed in place the whole night !

Shaina · Married on 07/07/2018

Julie was my stylist for my wedding day and I cannot say enough good things about her. Julie is such a warm person, and that truly made the whole experience of getting ready for the big day a great one. With all of the stress that a wedding brings I did not have to worry or stress once about my hair or for anyone else in my large wedding party (12 in total). We had a big group and not once did we feel rushed and every girl had beautiful styles when finished. Better yet, when a few of the girls wanted slight tweaks to their hair once Julie had done it, she listened and improved the look. Julie is a professional at what she does, listens to what you want, and executes your vision exactly. I went back and forth multiple times on what style I wanted and Julie never made me feel pressured to decide or go one way or another. She gave her professional opinion when asked and in the end I could not have been happier! Thank you Julie for making my day so wonderful and making all of us feel beautiful!

Do's & Dye by Julie 11
    Do's & Dye by Julie 12
    Do's & Dye by Julie 13

marin · Married on 06/16/2018

Everyone's hair was stunning! She let me change the day of schedule back and forth multiple times, and got 7 people's hair done right on time according to schedule.

Do's & Dye by Julie 14
    Do's & Dye by Julie 15
    Do's & Dye by Julie 16

Judi · Married on 06/02/2018

You will fall in love with Julie within minutes of meeting her. Not only is she incredibly talented and incredibly down to earth, she is an absolute visionary and super trendy to boot! She approachs the entire process with optimism and genuine passion. You can't help but feel gorgeous and at ease. Julie recently did my hair for my backyward wedding. She worked through my indecisiveness like a pro. She even added a last minute flower crown and fine tuned it until it was perfect! Literally EVERYONE commented on my hair, saying how much they loved it and how perfectly it tied into my casual bohemian theme. Julie is by far the best hairstylist I have ever worked with. If I lived in CT I would never miss a trim. The peace of mind and professionalism she offers is worth every penny!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Do's & Dye by Julie's reply:

Aww Judi! Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words. What a touching review to read! Working with you guys was such a blast and you know I loved all your boho details! Thank you so much for sharing and for picking me to be part of your day.

Jen · Married on 05/12/2018

Julie was recommended by a friend and I was so happy I used her to do my hair and my bridesmaids hair! She was very responsive and super flexible in order to schedule us in on the day of the wedding. Julie is great to work with - she took the time at the trial to try a couple of different looks and then even made minor changes for me on the day of the wedding when it was raining! Everyone was so happy with their hair and it held all night! I would highly recommend Julie to do your wedding day hair!

• Theresa

Theresa · Married on 05/11/2018

single handedly one of my best and easiest wedding decisions. Besides her work, which is unbelievable, at my trial, I just felt immediately at ease with her. I was so indecisive and everything I was stressed about she just made it go away. she looked at a couple pictures I showed her and what she did was even better. Then my wedding day, having her there changed the whole vibe of the day. I accidentally scheduled her too late but she came 2 hours earlier even though I made a mistake. she is just the loveliest person I have ever met and was incredible at dealing with very difficult personalities, and did it with a smile on her face. Then when she was doing my hair, she refused to let any of my other vendors make me feel rushed, she Made sure that I looked and felt beautiful and just calmed me down and reminded me everything was fine. It’s weird but memories of getting ready on my wedding day, that one sticks out. Now her work (cue the drools). I have never been complimented so much about myself and my wedding party. Literally one just looked more beautiful then the next. No prommy updos, everything was flowy and beautiful but secure. She incorporated baby breaths and other flowers from a bouquet my sister got me. Each hair she did was creative and unique. Plus, I danced all night and slept in my hair and woke up the next day and it was literally perfect still haha there isn’t enough good to say, just do yourself a favor and book.

Sent on 07/08/2018
    Do's & Dye by Julie 17
    Do's & Dye by Julie 18
    Do's & Dye by Julie 19
    Do's & Dye by Julie 20

Do's & Dye by Julie's reply:

Theresa, thank you so much for this incredibly touching review! You ladies were a blast to work with and I loved that I was able to help put you at ease. You are such a beautiful person, inside and out. I’m so glad to have gotten to know you!

Mindy · Married on 04/28/2018

I’m so lucky I was able to work with Julie for my wedding! I’m not the best planner, so I thought anything other than a company who did both hair and makeup together would be too unwieldy in logistics and communication for me to handle. But I was so wrong. From quick emails, paying through Venmo, sending inspiration from Pinterest, scheduling a trial— all of it was so easy with Julie. And I think the best part was how genuinely excited she is for you the whole time, from the first time she saw a picture of my dress to flipping through all the pictures afterward. And then ALSO our hair looked totally fabulous! I even told Julie afterward that she made it so secure that it was as beautiful at 2am as it was at 3pm. Okay and the last thing I’ll say is that getting ready actually might not have been as fun without her :)

Sent on 05/14/2018
    Do's & Dye by Julie 21
    Do's & Dye by Julie 22
    Do's & Dye by Julie 23

Do's & Dye by Julie's reply:

Aww thanks so much Mindy! It was a blast getting to work with you ladies and I’m so happy to hear how well your styles lasted for you all. You looked gorgeous!

Taylor · Married on 02/10/2018

Julie is an excellent stylist and a pleasure to work with. She has been doing my highlights/haircuts for a year now and did my hair and all my bridesmaids' hair for my wedding. Everyone looked gorgeous and was happy with their styles. Julie helped keep me calm and relaxed on my wedding day and successfully pulled off the style I had envisioned!

Gina · Married on 11/19/2017

During my search for a hair stylist I found Julie on Instagram at first and fell in love with her boho braids and creative up-dos. When I booked my trial, I had absolutely no clue what I wanted for my day, just that I wanted an up-do and maybe a braid. Julie's creativity and talent was an absolute gift. She was able to take my (very) long hair and creative something so so beautiful! I absolutely loved how my up-do turned out and received countless compliments. It was super windy on my wedding day and my hair stayed flawless through an outdoor ceremony and a night full of dancing. She also worked with each of my maids and my mother in law individually on my day to give them a style that suited them and they all came out SO beautiful. All the girls and my mom / mother-in-law are still raving about how amazing Julie is and the magic she works on hair. She was also super responsive and accommodating throughout the entire process which I really appreciated. The girls and I loved having Julie around while we got ready and are all so grateful for her talent! I highly recommend Julie to any and every bride! Thank you SO much Julie!!! With love, Gina

Do's & Dye by Julie 24
    Do's & Dye by Julie 29
    Do's & Dye by Julie 30
    Do's & Dye by Julie 31

Katie · Married on 11/18/2017

Julie is amazing at what she does and has a great personality, which is important considering you'll spend all morning with your glam squad! I didn't know what I wanted but Julie came up with something that I loved. And, she made all the ladies look amazing from blowouts to updos. Julie is really responsive and has an impressive email/app system. I found Julie online while researching makeup artists and knew I needed a trial. I was not disappointed and could not have been happier on our wedding day. Plus, her updos stay all day and don't hurt or feel tight. I didn't know that was a thing with updos before this.

Do's & Dye by Julie 32
    Do's & Dye by Julie 33

Kim · Married on 11/11/2017

Julie blew me away on my wedding day! Julie nailed my old Hollywood waves. She was also very cooperative and responsive with all my questions and worries leading up to the big day! She also did an awesome job with my bridesmaids! They all looked stunning and were so happy with how their hair came out! I would recommend her to any bride!

Do's & Dye by Julie 34

Stephanie · Married on 09/23/2017

Julie has been amazing to work with over the last several months! She came recommended to me for my wedding, and she did not disappoint! Julie was very professional and always available to answer my questions. I had my hair trial in April, but decided in August that I wanted to change it for my wedding day. Julie was wonderful, working with me and helping me to create the hairstyle that I wanted for my wedding. The day of the wedding, Julie was awesome! She was professional and prompt. She worked hard to create 6 different hairstyles for my bridal party and they all looked amazing! Julie was patient and helpful for our 3 year old flower girl, too! Thank you, Julie, for making our wedding day so special and for making our hair look amazing!

Erin · Married on 08/05/2017

Julie is so amazing to work with--she listens to you and somehow knows exactly what you're envisioning and puts it into action. After my wedding (and the after parties) at 3am my friends were laughing because I literally looked the exact same as I did at 11am the day prior when I got my hair done by Julie--everything stayed in place and lasted the entire night...I didn't even need to adjust one strand of hair with a bobby pin the entire time, which almost never happens. I loved my hair so much, as did the bridesmaids and moms. As we were getting our hair done, if we wanted minor things adjusted or changed Julie was so pleasant and happy to get in there to make sure we were pleased--she didn't rush us, push us into anything we didn't want, or anything like that which I also appreciated. Plus she's just a cool chick and fun to talk to! I'd highly recommend Julie for your wedding.

Sarah · Married on 06/25/2017

Professional and flexible! We did an updo for my trial and afterwards I realized that I wanted it down, instead. Julie had no problem changing my hairstyle and gave me gorgeous curls for my wedding day! :)

Elisabeth · Married on 06/24/2017

I cannot say enough about my experience with Do's & Dye by Julie! From the time of contacting her to see if she was available, to getting my hair done on my wedding day, everything about the experience was easy, top notch and fun. I was able to get in quickly for a hair trial and she worked efficiently and professionally to give me the exact look I was hoping for. She made notes for the actual wedding day and kept in contact to see if there was anything I needed or had any questions. The best part was she came out to the beach house on the wedding day where me and the bridesmaids were getting. Julie was right on time, had all the equipment she needed and was flexible in where she needed to set-up. My girls went first and she made their hair look gorgeous! When it was my turn she referenced the photos from the hair trial but improved it with the notes she had kept and made my hair look absolutely stunning. The best part? My hair was done at 11am and my wedding went into the evening with an outdoor reception on the water and not a piece of hair was out of place the entire day!! After the wedding, Julie followed up with me to congratulate me and with my husband and I well. To me, those small details is what makes a great experience. As you can see, I was so happy with how professional and personable Julie was, and I would highly recommend her to anyone who is getting married or just needs a beautiful hairstyle for an event. Thank you Julie for making part of our day so special!!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Do's & Dye by Julie's reply:

Awww Elisabeth, what a touching review. You're so beautiful inside and out. I loved working with you ladies. Thank you so much for sharing!

Amy · Married on 06/17/2017

Julie was so great to work with for my wedding. She is fun, flexible, and super knowledgeable, always ready to offer a suggestion when you might need it. I don't think I fully knew what I wanted for my wedding hair, but between two separate trials, lots of discussions, and viewing her many Instagram posts, it came together perfectly! I was so happy with my hair day of, it fit my personality, and my boho wedding theme amazingly. In addition to this, all of my bridesmaids (9 total) and my mom were so pleased with Julie's quality yet quick work and fun attitude while we were getting ready. In addition to this we all got tons of compliments at the wedding on our hair dos and the flowers/greens Julie creatively and beautifully added into them. Over all, I would recommend Julie to everybody for their own wedding hair- you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Do's & Dye by Julie's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review Amy. It was an absolute treat getting to work with you ladies and getting to do the gorgeous boho styles that we both love!
  • User4772009 · 1+ year ago

I have gone to Julie for hair cuts and highlighting many times so I knew how great she was to work with. When I got engaged I immediately booked her to do my wedding as well. As usual, she was responsive, consultative and really listened to what both me and my bridesmaids ideas were for our hair. She created custom up-do's for each of us and we all received numerous compliments on how great our hair looked. Julie is simply the best!!

Vicky · Married on 05/06/2017

If you’re looking for a hair stylist for your wedding look no further…Julie is absolutely fabulous!! I first met Julie when I went for my trial - I loved her so much I started to go to her salon for my standard cuts and highlights. On my wedding day, she styled my hair along with all 8 of my bridesmaids. I was nervous with that many girls we’d run late, but Julie worked quickly and efficiently – our morning was stress-free, fun & relaxing. Everyone had photos of the hairstyles they wanted, and Julie executed the looks perfectly. All of the girls loved her and her work! I also can’t say enough great things about my wedding hair. I had such a stunning updo and received so many compliments!!

Julie’s sweet, relaxed, and attentive personality was exactly what I needed for my big day. She is incredibility talented and professional. I highly recommend her to any bride-to-be!

Lauren · Married on 10/08/2016

I am so happy that I chose to work with Julie on my hair for my wedding day. Julie was super responsive and very flexible when it came to booking a trial or two (I live in NY and my wedding was in CT). I sent Julie pictures and she gave me feed back on what she thought would look best. She even recommended that I invest in hair extensions in order to fully execute the look that I wanted. She was understanding when I wanted to do a second hair trial for a totally different look (which ended up being the winning look by the way). On my wedding day Julie was prompt and ready to go when it came to getting 6 girls hair done in time for the big moment. Everyone looked unique and stunning in the styles that they had chosen, and she made me feel like a princess. I highly recommend booking with Julie if you want an exceptional wedding hair stylist!!