Dorothy McDaniel's Flower Market Reviews

Dorothy McDaniel's Flower Market 5
Dorothy McDaniel's Flower Market 6
Dorothy McDaniel's Flower Market 7

Sarah Van Os · Married on 06/15/2019

June Wedding - Out of Town.... And Invitations!!

Working with Dorothy was an absolute pleasure!! She is Amazing and Wonderful to work with! She listens carefully and offers thoughtful, creative suggestions. I love Dorothy!! Working from photos of the venue, she planned All the flowers for my daughter’s out-of-town wedding in Georgia, ordering everything from the flowers and garland to the oasis and floral tape. Our “flower team” met at Dorothy’s on Thursday morning to pick up the flowers, enough to fully pack 3 SUVs! Dorothy gave us such complete directions, including drawings, that we amateurs were able to create a truly spectacular event. Included were two very different large wreaths, table arrangements, garland and floral badges for the two-tier staircase that led down to the lawn where the ceremony was held, garland and badges for the arbor (for the ceremony) and for the entrance to the venue. It was a beautiful wedding and we had so much fun “doing” the flowers and following Dorothy’s directions! Dorothy also did a spectacular bride’s bouquet, (didn’t think that was a job for us amateurs!), which arrived the next day, via a dear family member, in an amazing holder that kept it fresh and lovely, and she also made the boutonnières and small bouquets for the mothers. My daughter loved everything!! Wonderful compliments from our guests!! The flowers were amazing and spectacular! It was a Perfect day and.... so much Fun!! Thank you, Dorothy!!!
    And.... Dorothy also found the perfect wedding invitation that both my daughter and I loved! A beautiful complement to the flowers!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Lindsey · Married on 05/11/2019

Easy to work with, excellent work

Very easy to work with, and their work is nothing but the best

Sent on 05/14/2019

Dorothy McDaniel's Flower Market's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad you were happy! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with in the future.

Samantha Miller · Married on 03/29/2019

Beautiful flowers

I was referred to Nichole at Dorothy McDaniel by my wedding planner Whirl Events, and could not be more happy. We didn't want to overspend on flowers and Nichole and DM did not disappoint. She was very easy to work with, listening to our desires and concerns. We were especially pleased with the brides's bouquet which was an absolute masterpiece!

Sent on 04/09/2019

Julia Rohwedder · Married on 03/23/2019

Dorothy McDaniel's Flowers

Dorothy's bouquets, greenery, and decorative flowers were absolutely perfect for our wedding day.

Sent on 04/01/2019
    Dorothy McDaniel's Flower Market 8
    Dorothy McDaniel's Flower Market 9
    Dorothy McDaniel's Flower Market 10

Robin · Married on 09/29/2018

Dorothy did a wonderful job on the flowers and linens for my wedding. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Robin,

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. It was truly our pleasure!

Best,
    Dorothy McDaniel's Flower Market
  • Emore

Emore · Married on 06/08/2018

If you are not working with Dorothy McDaniel and her team - you should rethink your wedding planning. Dana and Dorothy are full of modern and fresh floral ideas, with a business etiquette rarely found in the floral industry. I loved working with them while planning Mayor Bell's daughter's wedding - they completely blew away my bride's expectations and I can't wait for the chance to work with them again. Simply give them your vision and they will turn it into the reality you didn't know you needed. Highly recommend.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Mariana · Married on 06/02/2018

I am so happy that I chose Dorothy McDaniel as my florist!!! Everyone there is so kind and Dorothy is wonderful and so talented!!! Dana was the designer for my wedding and she is fabulous!!!! She listened to everything I wanted and did exactly what I asked!! Choose Dorothy McDaniel as your florist!!! You will not regret it!!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Mariana -
    Thank you so much for the great review. It was a pleasure working with you on your BIG DAY!!

Courtney · Married on 03/25/2017

The flowers were amazing! Ms. Dorothy really helped me out in a pinch. I came to her with my wedding a week away and they delivered the most amazing flowers! You won't regret working with them!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Ginny · Married on 06/30/2016

Fifteen years ago, I used Dorothy for my son's wedding and the flowers were breathtaking, bouquets, hanging balls and garlands, flowers on the cake, etc. Absolutely not one worry or problem working with Dorothy. I've also known Dorothy professionally as I'm an interior designer and taught interior design at a local college. She was ALWAYS willing to give lectures to my class and even gave demonstrations in her shop for the students.
    Earlier this summer I asked Dorothy to help me with a gala for the Medal of Honor Society. She worked with me on the colors, containers, etc. and was very generous with her time and charge as she felt it was for such a good cause. Not a worry about the place being set up on time and beautifully done. I go to Dorothy for all my flower needs whether its for walk in cut flowers or funeral flowers being sent. She is definitely a professional I would never hesitate to recommend.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Dorothy McDaniel's Flower Market's reply:

This review was WONDERFUL and we cannot thank you enough! It was an honor to work with you on the wedding and we wish you a lifetime of happiness and blessings!

Debbie · Married on 05/28/2016

Excellent beauty and creativity!!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Dorothy McDaniel's Flower Market's reply:

Thank you for your lovely words! It was an honor working with you!

Connie · Married on 03/24/2016

Thank you Dorothy for personally reaching to me and taking care of my floral needs. My bouquet was the exact replica of the photo I sent you. I have never been disappointed in my arrangements with your company. You have been for years, and will always be, my favorite florist!!! Thanks again for making my special day perfect!!!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Dorothy McDaniel's Flower Market's reply:

Thank you so much. It was our pleasure to be part of your very special day!

Dorothy McDaniel provided centerpieces, tablecloths, lanterns, votives and everything we needed for our rehearsal dinner at Gian Marco's in Homewood. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous and perfect for our setting. Dorothy provided personal attention to every detail from my first call to the end of our event. I was working from out of state and did not have to worry about a single thing. She and her team created a beautiful and memorable night for our special event.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Mary · Married on 11/21/2015

Mrs. Dorothy and her staff were absolutely wonderful during the floral planning of our wedding. From the first meeting to the last, Mrs. Dorothy took time to listen to every detail we wanted to include. She was very flexible during the process and blew us away with her ability to make our vision a reality. She personally ensured our “Wedding Eve Celebration”, wedding ceremony, and wedding reception flowers were perfect. We are very pleased with the service we received from Mrs. Dorothy and look forward to using her in the future.

Sent on 12/24/2015

Monika · Married on 11/07/2015

Fantastic to work with! Dorothy's team (Glenn) took my vision and made it come alive in ways I could never imagine! My wedding was amazing and Dorothy McDaniel was huge piece of pie. Thank you so much for all you do and I will definitely be coming back for future events!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 07/26/2015

Beautiful flowers by Dorothy McDaniel and her Flower market. The best in Birmingham!! Dorothy and her team are fabulous and a dream to work with! They helped me choose the perfect arrangements and bouquets to make my day everything I had dreamed of!!! You will not be disappointed using Dorothy McDaniel's Flower Market for your wedding or other event. She is the best around!!! I will be using her for any future events I have!

Sent on 11/16/2015
  • Jesslynn

Jesslynn · Married on 06/20/2015

Dorothy McDaniel and Glenn are without a doubt the best in the business! They were the first and only florist to come to mind when planning my wedding. They exceeded my expectations and were so easy to work with from out of state. The flowers were absolutely beautiful and elegant. I had numerous compliments on the flowers at the wedding and am still being asked who did the flowers. I had someone tell me I had the "power team"... yes I did! When I walked in The Donnelly House the day of the wedding, I was blown away! Thank you Dorothy and Glenn!

Jesslynn Cagle McDonald

Sent on 08/06/2015

They were absolutely amazing. They worked within our budget and exceeded our expectations. We had a very small wedding with only 50 people and they gave us the same time and attention as everyone else. I gave her the colors I wanted and a couple of things I liked and did not like and left the rest up to her. The flowers were so amazing!! I would recommend them to everyone for every occasion!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Lisa · Married on 04/18/2015

Dorothy McDaniel and her staff were wonderful to work with during my daughters wedding in April of 2015. Her work is unrivaled and yet she is so personable, reachable and very involved from the 1st meeting to the wedding day. We had a low end budget (under $1000) and I feel that she spent the same amount of time and effort on us as she does lavish budgets. Her prices for do it yourself weddings were cheaper than even the large "wholesalers" here in Birmingham...even their baby's breath is $2 a bunch less than Costco. The market storefront has a do it yourself area to provide an area to create your own bouquets on site. We are planning a wedding for our other daughter and Dorothy McDaniel's Flower Market is definitely my go do floral designer in the Central Alabama area. Thanks Dorothy!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Donna · Married on 11/08/2014

Dorothy is my..."Go To Florist"...for all of my family's life cycle events!!! She and her staff have always surpassed my expectations with creative and beautiful presentations. Most recently, Dorothy and Alan did an excellent job listening to my daughter's vision for her wedding. It was absolutely gorgeous!!! We look forward to many more exciting occasions...and working with Dorothy!!!

Sent on 11/19/2015

I love this place. Great selection and awesome friendly staff.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Kara · Married on 05/17/2014

The flowers for my wedding were absolutely beautiful! They were exactly what I had asked for. The staff couldn't have been friendlier or any easier to work with. They took the stress out of everything. Perfect!

Sent on 06/01/2014

Kara,

Sarah Beth · Married on 02/08/2014

Alan with Dorothy McDaniel put together some of the prettiest flower arrangements I have ever seen for our wedding! Dorothy McDaniel was so professional and easy to work with! I LOVED the flowers on our wedding day and would recommend them to any bride! They are fantastic.

Sent on 02/26/2014

lauren · Married on 11/02/2013

I can't say enough positive things about my experience with Dorothy McDaniel's. When I initially met with Dorothy, I had a general idea of what I was looking for and some photos to show her, and I felt like she captured my vision to perfection. My wedding day was all I ever dreamed of and more, and so much of the beauty of the day came from the gorgeous floral arrangements. Huge thanks to Ellen Morgan who was our point of contact and helped us get our quote to a price we were comfortable with and Alan who was the floral designer and captured my taste and vision to a T! My reception was at the Avon Theater and I've never seen it look more beautiful. My sister said she felt like she was walking into a fairytale wedding, and I agree. If you are on a tight budget, like I was, don't skimp on your flowers. They make all the difference in the world on that special day and I've yet to see anyone do it as well as Dorothy.
    I felt so at ease knowing that they were my florist- there was never a doubt in my mind that everything would be flawless working with Dorothy and team, and I was right in assuming that. We also ordered napkins, koozies, thank you cards, and our invitations from Dorothy because, honestly, she has it all! Out of all my vendors, I was the most impressed with Dorothy McDaniel's in every way. If you're looking for a professional florist who will capture your vision and give you confidence that everything will be handled to perfection on your big day- look no further. I will tell everyone I know that they are crazy if they go anywhere besides Dorothy. They are simply the best.

Sent on 11/20/2013

Cameron · Married on 10/26/2013

Dorothy McDaniels was amazing! I didn't know exactly what flowers I wanted but after meeting with Dorothy and her staff she helped me figure it all out! Dorothy and her staff were so friendly and flexible with my schedule! My flowers and decorations turned out beautiful and I couldn't have imagined everything being more perfect!

Sent on 11/19/2013