Dormant Gypsy Photography Reviews

4.9 out of 5 rating, 44 Reviews
View more information

Jessica C. Married on 11/17/2021

I love Dormant Gypsy

Dormant Gypsy photography is absolutely wonderful. Lottie is very easy to work with and the results are amazing. She captures memories!
    Tiffany R. Married on 10/23/2021

Death of my Twenties/Cheers to my Thirties Photoshoot

Lottie is an amazing and experienced photographer! She helped bring my vision to life for my “Death of my Twenties/Cheers to my Thirties” photoshoot. We planned this shoot a few months in advance and she was readily available to communicate with. She even went out to the site to scout it out and timed the lighting and sunset so that we knew when the best time of day would be. I would highly recommend Dormant Gypsy Photography to anyone for any of your photography needs. I am thrilled with all of the amazing photographs that I received! I will definitely be using Dormant Gypsy Photography again in the future!
    Tabatha W. Married on 08/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Outstanding Photographer to work with both personally & professionally!

Lottie (owner) of Dormant Gypsy really goes above and beyond to give you the absolute best photos possible. The quality of her equipment, props, time she puts in, flexibility and responsiveness is second to none and she’s very REASONABLY priced. She truly works for and with you and makes the whole experience very personally tailored. She’s happy to travel and is open to any and all creative ideas thrown her way. Your photos are her upmost priority and it shows. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Danielle C. Married on 07/27/2021

Amazing photographer!

Lottie is so very talented! She takes the times to understand what you want, and make it happen. Her communication is top notch, she is a pleasure to work with, and her photos are just beautiful!
    Savannah H. Married on 07/04/2021

The best ever!

This is by far the best photographer we have ever used. 100 stars if I could give them! If you need someone professional and creative this is your stop! Lottie and Eric are a great team!!
    Kristin Married on 11/21/2020

Understanding and flexible

We hired Lottie in 2019 well before our planned wedding date (3/28/2020). She was easy to speak with and valued our input while providing her recommendations for photography based on our budget. Unfortunately, Covid decided to change our plans and and Lottie was incredibly understanding when we had to reschedule, cancel, and reschedule our wedding date a total of 3 times. She worked with us and our ever changing plans and even provided us the opportunity to utilize a credit we had towards other photography opportunities. We are incredibly thankful for her understanding during a trying time for us and her business.
  • Joey
    Joey N. Married on 10/10/2020

Sons Senior Pics, Engagement and Family photos

Lottie was amazing- the quality of her photos, her skill, and her interactions with my kids and my fiancée were just amazing!! She is well worth every penny!!! I used her for my engagement pictures, my oldest sons senior pictures and two family shoots over the years!!! She is the best!!!
  • Molly
    Molly W. Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely fantastic!

I have worked with Lottie on several occasions. She did my engagement photos, wedding, my professional photos, and a few others. I’m in love with all of the work she has done! She’s very professional, and good at what she does. Every time, she quickly had the photos edited and back to me!
    Recommend 100/10 ☺️

Dormant Gypsy Photography's reply:

LOL those boys are adorable, but I don’t think I took that photo! I can take credit for the other one though!
    Beaufort Event on: 03/23/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Dormant Gypsy has been a longtime partner and friend of the BTR. We love working with the entire team. They take great photos and always bring the latest concepts for us to check out. The Gypsy Cabana is always very popular and super cute. Thank you. We will work together again.
    Michelle Married on 01/20/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lottie is absolutely amazing!! She captured so many great memories of not only my husband and myself, but the guests as well. Engagement photos were breathtaking as well!! Definitely was extremely pleased with everything. I honestly can not say enough about how pleased we were with the service and quality of our photos!!
    Natasha Married on 06/10/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    When choosing a photographer for my wedding it was very important to me to find someone that I could be comfortable with, someone with a lot of flexibility (since my condition from fibromyalgia is unpredictable), and someone that I could count on to understand my ideas and thoughts on what I wanted without having to go into a lot of detail ( words are confusing and just don't come out the right way ), DormantGypsyphotographer is exactly the person I needed! Lottie did an amazing job with every little detail and shoot we had! She becamesomeone I consider a friend! She understood everything I wanted and she delivered the final product and it was totally beyond my best expectations and it was perfect in all my wedding imperfections! Love this photographer and I will definitely be calling upon her services many more times in the future! Thanks so much dormantgypsyphotoghraphy!
    Morgan Married on 04/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lottie did an awesome job on my bridal portraits and wedding photos. She went above and beyond to make sure my pictures were beautiful. I would highly recommend her work to anyone.
    Courtney B. Married on 04/22/2017

Happy bride!

Lottie did an amazing job capturing our beautiful day!
    Kristi Married on 04/01/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Hands down, the best part of our wedding (aside from marrying my husband) Lottie can capture moments you never knew you wanted and is a joy while doing it! She kept us on a schedule and made the prewedding stress become fun! Thank you!
    Rachel Married on 09/17/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    They are so great to work with. My husband and I have used them multiple times and each time they always go above and beyond and are very accommodating. Lottie is great to work with. I highly recommend!
    Angela L. Married on 05/28/2016

Wonderful!

Lottie has been photographing my family's big milestones since our engagement photos (which came out crazy awesome, I've inclued some). It was hot and muggy in Florida the day of our wedding, and to make it harder for her, the venue was dark under all the foliage. She prevailed though. The pictures are beautiful! She mixed a lot of black and whites in (like I had asked), but also really brought out the beautiful colors in my flowers. She's thorough and thoughtful and she makes sure I love every picture. I'm so greatful that we have her to capture our most precious moments!
  • Erin
    Erin Married on 04/30/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lottie just completed our engagement photos and they were phenomenal!!! It ended up raining all day. She improvised perfectly!!! By the end of the shoot my fiancé and I were dancing in the rain and climbing trees! We have the most awesome photos thanks to her!!! She is already throwing out ideas for my bridal photos. She is so creative! I am over the top excited to have her as my photographer. The wedding is in April 2016, and she has already scoped out our venue and coming up with awesome ideas for the day of the wedding. She prepared, and works so diligently. She is in Beaufort and willing came to charleston for our engagement photos. Also, her price is so reasonable! It's refreshing not to break the bank. She has a way of making you feel comfortable in front of the camera. I just cannot say enough good things! I am so lucky to have Lottie- she is the best photographer!
    Matthew Married on 01/09/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Dormant Gypsy Photography provides an excellent service that all will enjoy. During our experience, the owner was open to our suggestions. She was very aware they were our memories and she nurtured input from us. Lottie was able to take our ideas and run with them all while maintaining flexibility throughout the duration of our client/service provider relationship and while embodying the kind of professionalism one would expect to see from a CEO. Our session was fun, but it was also challenging. Reis, our six week old German shepherd, joined us during our shoot. Lottie was able to keep him engaged, which increased the quality of our pictures. This demonstrated the skill Lottie has aquired, which has allowed her to master her craft. Rachel and I will be exclusively utilizing Dormant Gypsy's services again in the future!
    Alexus Married on 10/24/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I recently did a boudoir shoot with Lottie which I had never done before. Going in I was nervous but Lottie's presence and professionalism was so comforting. Prior to the shoot she had me send in sample pictures to get a feel of what I was looking for, she even rearranged her studio and created a few things to get the exact style I wanted. Not to mention the pictures turned out incredible, I would definitely recommend her to anybody.
    Leslie Event on: 05/09/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Dormant Gypsy Photography has a unique, artfully inspired aesthetic and captured our event with aplomb. Creative, dependable, timely, courteous, and friendly are just a few of the many aspects of Lottie. I look forward to a long and fruitful working relationship with Dormant Gypsy.

Dormant Gypsy Photography's reply:

I am truly humbled! Thank you very much for the positive feedback!
    Patrick Event on: 05/09/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    ***Was not actually a corporate event, it was a Beer and Wine Tasting event. Lottie's pictures were exactly what we were looking for. They not only captured the event, but also the atmosphere and the setting of the event. We were very pleased.

Dormant Gypsy Photography's reply:

Thank you Patrick! I really appreciated the opportunity, it was a wonderful event and am happy you folks at Habersham host these unique gatherings! The ambiance and sense of community is very welcoming :)
    Daniel Event on: 05/09/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Would highly recommended Lottie's services for every kind of occasion; from birthday parties to weddings. Hired her for the grand opening of my new business and was deeply impressed that requested her services at my two previous events.

Dormant Gypsy Photography's reply:

Now on to gourmet food photos!!
    I look forward to giving you marketable photos capturing the ambiance and amazing dishes your restaraunt prepares! Thanks for the fabulous feedback! You have been wonderful clients!
    Robert Event on: 05/09/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    She did a great job. The photos were amazing.

Dormant Gypsy Photography's reply:

Thanks Rob! I appreciate the positive feedback!
    Michelle Event on: 05/08/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    **Our event was not a corporate event, it was a Southern Living Inspired Bottles & Barrels event**

Lottie did the photos for our 2nd Annual Southern Living Inspired Bottles & Barrels event, we could not have been happier with her. She was easy to work with and extremely flexible. Our event had two parts; Friday night we had a cocktail hour in two separate homes, followed by dinner in seven different homes. She was able to capture the most amazing photos from all nine locations, and its ONLY Lottie. Most guests had no idea she was even in the home (VERY non-intrusive) until they saw the photos. The second part of the event took place in a central location made up of 22 individual areas (Beer, wine and spirit tasting, check cook-off stations, pop-up shops etc), Lottie captured amazing details from all areas. Not only did we receive our images quickly but she has gone over and above in terms of editing and perfecting certain images! I personally highly recommend Lottie of, Dormant Gypsy Photography.

Dormant Gypsy Photography's reply:

Awwww, you made me tear up a little! Thank you so much Michelle! I truly enjoyed being able to capture the event, everyone was so welcoming and being surrounded by so many laid back, friendly people made it possible to really capture those special moments! Habersham really is a wonderful community!
    Lindsay Event on: 05/03/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Great experience! First time getting professional pictures done and they turned out better than I ever imagined!

Dormant Gypsy Photography's reply:

Awww, thanks for the great review!! You still have more pictures to come, and yes they came out wonderful ! It was nice meeting you two, and good luck in Memphis!!
illustration stars