44 Reviews for Doris the Florist

Single Flowers (4)
Venue Visit (2)
Non-Floral (1)
44 Doris the Florist Reviews

Everything was perfect! Doris takes the time to meet with you personally several times leading up the event to make sure everything is perfect!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Doris is the the sweetest person you will ever meet and it was such a pleasure working with her. Everything from the center pieces to the wedding bouquet was absolutely beautIful. She even worked with me when I had last minute changes and worked within my budget.

Profile Picture Melanie, 6/1/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We were so impressed with our wedding flowers created by Doris and her team! During our initial consultation Doris really understood my vision and she created such beautiful arrangements from the color scheme and a picture of an idea I showed her! She really worked with us to give us the most value for our budget which we truly appreciated! When I saw the samples based on the consultation I was so excited to have her for our wedding, but we were truly blown away on our wedding day! Everything from the boutonnières and corsages to the bouquets, centerpieces and church flowers were remarkable, we received endless compliments from our family and friends! We highly recommend Doris the Florist as a very professional and talented florist!

Profile Picture Siobhan, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Samples

I could not have been more satisfied with the incredibly beautiful flowers that Doris provided for my wedding. Working with Doris felt like having a family member in the business. Doris is warm, caring, professional and clearly does all her work from her heart!
To quote my son "you didn't only hire a florist, you hired a wedding planner".

Profile Picture Cindy, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Doris and her team were absolutely amazing!!! From the moment I sat down with Doris, I knew we would be using her. She was so excited to hear my ideas and even more knowledgeable on how to execute them beautifully! I wanted to incorporate a lot of fall colors but also wanted something a bit more modern for the ballroom. She was able to create the most GORGEOUS bouquets with every fall color I could imagine. However, for our reception, she created the most amazing all white designs so that no two table centerpieces were exactly the same. She used flowers I had never seen before. All of our guests were raving about how beautiful the room looked. And OMG our cake!!! She covered it in flowers, it was almost too pretty to cut!! She was available every time I had a question and her team was so fun to work with. To find a vendor with such good service and also such attention to detail and creativity is rare but with Doris and her staff, they truly are the best at both. I can't recommend them enough!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

We can not say enough amazing things about Doris and her team. From the moment we met her we knew that she would do a phenomenal job. She gave us advice on what colors would look great between two brides along with their parties. Her attention to detail is impeccable and she always knew exactly what we were looking for. Her and her team made us a beautiful arch to stand under for the ceremony. The reception centerpieces were absolutely gorgeous and all of our bouquets were perfect. Our guests continue to compliment all of the beautiful floral arrangements. My wife and I can not thank Doris and her team enough!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit

Doris the Florist was recommended to us by Bridgeview Yacht Club, and they did NOT disappoint! We initially worked with Doris – she was amazing. We had a TON of different ideas for bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces.. we were all over the place.. and she said “Tell me every idea you have, I’ll come up with something.” We did just that, left the appointment, and just prayed that she’d nail it… she did!!! Her vision was exactly what we hoped for. We ended up going in a slightly different direction with our wedding and ended up having to change the vase, but that was simply a décor change we made. When we came back for our final appointment, Doris had an emergency and we were seen by Larissa; I was nervous because of how much confidence I had in working with Doris, but Larissa was equally amazing and was able to understand all of the small changes we decided to make (also to better fit the venue choices we made). We once again had to leave with nothing but faith that it would turn out okay, which was fine at this point because at that point we so much faith in their skills. When we arrived at the venue the day of our wedding, not really knowing what to expect, I wanted to cry when I saw how beautiful everything was: the flowers, even some of my slightly strange requests, were FLAWLESS. The centerpieces, bouquets, and boutonnieres were absolutely stunning, even the roses put on the chairs for our dads were lovely. We received compliments all night and I loved my flowers so much that I took them home to preserve them. We highly recommend booking your events here!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 8/18/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

I would HIGHLY recommend Doris to anyone in need of flowers for any occasion. She did all of the flowers for our wedding (3/25/17) and people are still raving about how beautiful everything was. We are still blown away by how beautiful every single piece she created was. Upon our first meeting my husband and I were not entirely sure which direction we wanted to go in when it came to flowers and Doris was amazing, she sat with us for over an hour talking about colors and asking us questions about everything pertaining to what kind of wedding we wanted to have. She was genuinely interested and determined to make everything perfect. When discussing budget, we never once felt pressured to go above our budget and she was confident she'd be able to make beautiful arrangements within our budget and totally delivered. Her knowledge and creativity is truly unbelievable and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. During the stress of wedding planning, Doris made everything seamless, I knew I never had anything to worry about when it came to our flowers. I can never say enough fabulous things about Doris!!

Profile Picture Fran, 3/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up

Doris's work was breathtaking. My bridal bouquet was absolutely beautiful and she included special touches that I wanted to make it special for me. My bridesmaids the the groomsmen were beautiful as well! She worked with us to make our centerpieces our own and diy as well!

Profile Picture Nora, 3/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Doris the Florist provided the flowers for our wedding on Friday (2/17/2017) and they were absolutely stunning! Our bouquets were perfect and so elegant, and the centerpieces Doris created made the ballroom look stunning. I was adamant that I didn't want traditional white flowers, but rather wanted deep, dark winter colors. Doris completely understood my vision and was able to make it even better than I thought it could be! She also made sure that the light flowers she did use were champagne, to match the color of my dress. My husband's boutonniere matched my dress exactly. All of my guests keep commenting about how gorgeous the flowers were, and how nice the deep colors looked! She also provided flowers for our cake, which were perfect. Most importantly, it was a pleasure to work with Doris. It is clear that she has a passion and loves what she does, and that she truly cherishes her clients. I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Doris!

Profile Picture Gianna, 2/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I got so many complements on my flower arrangements big full and beautiful with candle votives around my low arrangements!! It made my room feel so classy and glamorous

Profile Picture Sabrina, 12/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

bridal bouquet and bridal party flowers were beautiful and fairly priced.A joy to work with!

Profile Picture Patricia, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

if I could give 100 stars I would. Doris is the best florist there is. My flowers were absolutely gorgeous and all my guests raved about them. The fall colors were breathtaking. She made the whole process so easy. I didn't have to worry about a thing. She was always a pleasure to speak with and extremely helpful. If you are looking for the best flowers then you must choose Doris the florist.

Profile Picture Karen, 10/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Doris is absolutely the very best florist around. She and her team work with you to ensure that you are staying within your budget but still receiving A-list treatment and the most beautiful centerpieces and decor there is. I look forward to working with her again in any capacity as it was simply so much fun. Her love of flowers and knowledge of what will work the best makes it a really great experience overall.

Profile Picture User6030719, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Doris made the most amazing flower arrangements for our wedding! She really blew us away with every single piece she created. The centerpieces were really elegant and beautiful, and very impressive looking - they really changed the feel of the entire room. She was also great during the process of figuring out what we wanted in terms of color and types of flowers. I didn't know anything about different types of flowers and I didn't really know where to start with making choices. She didn't rush us like other vendors, and she helped us understand our options. Service was great throughout the process - she showed two options on sample day so we could be sure about our direction, flowers arrived on time on the big day, and everything at the hall was decorated before we got there for family pictures. She is so nice to work with and her passion for her art really comes through in every way. Thanks for everything Doris!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/4/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

I value and respect Doris' creativity and professionalism. I informed her of my vision and she was able to execute it and give me feedback and her professional opinion and suggestions. She was such a pleasure to work with! I live locally and I believe in supporting our local businesses. It pays to shop local!

Profile Picture User5210513, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up

First, Doris herself is an absolute pleasure! Aside from her warm personality, what I really loved about Doris was her response when I told her my budget. She said I can definitely make you something beautiful within that price range - never pressured me to go bigger or more expensive than the number I said. the flowers came out absolutely beautiful and she created a chuppah that looked like it came out of a fairytale. Than you, Doris!

Profile Picture User4619441, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up

I absolutely LOVED Doris and my flowers.! From my first meeting with Doris, she knew exactly what I wanted. When my flowers arrived the day of the wedding, they were just perfect, from my bouquet to the bridesmaid bouquet to the center pieces. We stayed right in my budget. I highly highly recommend Doris.

Profile Picture Megan, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Doris was so awesome to work with and did an amazing job. I had researched several other vendors before deciding on Doris. Not only did she give me exactly what I wanted, but she didn't push anything on me. Doris provided several options to work within my budget. Her energy is very positive and down to earth which is key for any bride. The best part is - the flowers (hydrangeas, peonies, and roses) lasted 3 weeks!!!! I came back from my honeymoon, and they looked like new. I was in shock. All my guests that took them home said the same thing. I can't recommend Doris enough!

Profile Picture Reina, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I cannot say enough how much I absolutely LOVED my flowers for my wedding and it was all thanks to Doris The Florist!! Not only did I have absolutely gorgeous bouquets, center pieces, and flowers for my ceremony, I received really amazing service from the SWEETEST florist, Doris! Doris made my husband and I feel so comfortable throughout the entire planning process, gave us her honest and helpful opinions, and made us feel like she genuinely cared about our wedding and us! Thank you to Doris and all of the team at Doris The Florist, I am so very thankful for the absolutely amazing flowers and service! I STRONGLY recommend Doris The Florist to all bride and grooms!!

Profile Picture Lesley, 7/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Doris was wonderful to work with. She made our centerpieces, chuppah, bouquets, boutineers. The chuppah was absolutely glorious. We did not like the original idea of a cast iron chuppah so she had a builder make one from birch, which is now available for rent through her. We weren't exactly positive what we wanted on the chuppah, so we allowed lots of artistic freedom. Doris and her designer covered it with the most amazing cloth, flowers and greenery. When was able to tear my eyes away from my gorgeous groom, I couldn't believe the amazing chuppah I was getting married under. One of my favorite wedding moments was of my husband coming to get me and the chuppah behind him. Thanks Doris!

Profile Picture Amy, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Doris was great to work with. My flowers came out really pretty. She helped to shape the vision of what we wanted since we are not big on flowers. Our centerpieces were beautiful. She was very easy to work with and reasonably priced.

Profile Picture Eboni, 5/17/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

A friend recommended Doris the Florist and I'm so happy that I took her advice. Doris was a pleasure to work with; she is highly knowledgeable, patient and professional. I provided Doris with my color palette and some pictures of what I liked and she created beautiful arrangements! I requested the addition of succulents in my bouquet and the centerpieces and she did an absolute wonderful job incorporating them. The flower girls' head crowns and baskets were adorable. I loved my bouquet and received numerous compliments on all the bouquets and centerpieces.
I highly recommend Doris the Florist!

Profile Picture Beth, 4/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

What can we say, flowers were not really "our thing" we met with a few other florists and the samples they showed us were drab compared to the vibrant pictures they had in their portfolio. We left those meetings feeling lost not knowing one flower from the next. We first came in contact with Doris at a Bridal Showcase where the display flowers blew us away, we set up an appointment on the spot. Upon our meeting with Doris, we showed her sample pictures with our "vision" she explained the names of each flower and the color choices they came in, she explained what was available during the season/month of our wedding. We felt extremely comfortable making our decisions. We booked during our first meeting and kept in touch with photo's and ideas. Doris incorporated props that we had supplied her for the men's flowers and created the most spectacular and beautiful cascading bridal bouquet. Our expectations were exceeded on the day of our wedding when the flowers arrived. I would recommend Doris the Florist without hesitation.

Profile Picture Gina, 2/27/15, 5 Reviews