Doris the Florist Reviews

52 Doris the Florist Reviews
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 10/07/2018

Incredible!

Doris was nothing short of incredible. We heard of her through word of mouth - her reputation truly preceded her, and when we finally met her, my entire family knew she was great.

Doris was the only florist to ask a number of questions about our particular wedding and details that could impact what flowers would work for us - including what mine and my bridesmaids dresses looked like. She was incredibly careful in gathering as many details as possible to make sure the flowers for our ceremony and reception suited the rooms they would be in and so that the bouquets looked perfect with what we were wearing. She also was cognizant of pricing and our budget, talking us through certain flower choices that could substitute flowers that I had liked that were particularly pricey or to complement the pricey flowers to help keep our costs at a reasonable level.

She listened, we worked together, and even though I trusted that she not only understood my vision, but would make something more beautiful than I could envision, she didn't make us commit to anything until we saw samples of the centerpieces and bouquets.

Her samples were magnificent, and my wedding was beautiful. Doris is careful to note every detail you request (including making a note to separate certain flowers - something I had asked her about), and my wedding was so beautiful thanks to her adaptation of my vision.

Also - and importantly - the flowers looked SO healthy during the wedding and the flowers my guests were able to bring home lasted for almost two weeks after the wedding. We have been to events where the flowers in centerpieces or bouquets look like they are already dying, based on how long my flowers have lived (my bouquet still looks pretty 3 weeks after my wedding), that is not something to be concerned about if you go with Doris.

I would recommend Doris to anyone and everyone I know planning a wedding (or any event necessitating flowers, for that matter). She is wonderful to work with, creative, and she works with you to achieve a result that is sure to make your wedding day so special and so beautiful.

Susan · Married on 09/14/2018

Doris is the best!!! She was right on the same page with what we wanted and everything was beyond our expectations. She worked with us on our budget and advised where we can save and where our money would be best spent. We got married at the Loft by Bridgeview on 9/14/18 and she has such wonderful insight for the venue (also excellent!) since she is a preferred vendor. I would use Doris 100 times over and she has a forever customer for all our floral needs. Thank you Doris!!

• Lindy

Lindy · Married on 09/14/2018

Doris is amazing, great experience

The center pieces and bouquets were absolutely beautiful. Doris is such a lovely person and will make every effort to make sure everything is perfect for your day. We had so much fun working with her; she really listened to everything we wanted and we were beyond thrilled with the outcome. 100% would recommend; working with Doris was a great experience from start to finish.

Annesa · Married on 08/25/2018

My fiance and I had a very tight budget and wanted to do mainly candle arrangements. We met with doris and within that short time she shared her ideas of what could be done and gave us her honest opinion on centerpieces. We went with multiple different candle arrangements, one which included submerged orchids!! She worked with our budget and truly blew our mind with her ideas and excitement for our wedding.
    My wedding bouquet and my bridesmaids and MOH's bouquets were the most beautiful pieces I've ever seen. All I did was give Doris ideas of the colors and some flowers I liked. She took the reins and made me the most beautiful bouquets I've ever seen.
    Even though she is extremely busy we never felt like we were just a number on a list, she devoted all her time to us when we met and really made us feel like we were family!!! The entire staff at Doris' were truly amazing and super friendly.
    I would highly recommend Doris the Florist!!! She and all her staff are Amazing!!

Caitlin · Married on 07/06/2018

A friend recommended Doris to me after she used her services for her wedding, and I am so glad I went to Doris for my wedding on July 6, 2018! From the moment I met Doris the Florist herself, I felt so at ease; Doris has such a warm, friendly manner, but she was also confident in her ability to make our wedding dreams come true...and that she did! We are so happy we put our trust in Doris. She really does just have such an artistic vision, and from just a few photos and color schemes that I showed her, created such a beautiful design for us, better than our wildest dreams. Doris did our pew decorations at the church, boutonnieres/corsages, the most beautiful bridesmaids bouquets, and the most gorgeous bridal bouquet! She also designed our centerpieces; I loved her ideas for a trio of Japanese orchids in long glass vases surrounded by tea lights to complement our traditional floral centerpieces. They really popped at night! Even better, all of the deliveries showed up prompt and early so that we could get them in all the photos. The colors of the bouquets complemented the mint green bridesmaids dresses so well, and she coordinated them with the bridal bouquet expertly. Her flowers made everyone's outfits pop, and made us all the more beautiful on a really special day! I can't thank Doris enough, nor can I recommend her enough, for anyone's wedding day or special event. Doris also really works with you in terms of pricing, and makes you feel really comfortable, giving you the most bang for your buck. The flowers lasted for like 2 weeks after our wedding was over! And no matter how many times I called Doris to make changes, additions, or just with worries, she put my mind at ease. Don't hesitate--go with Doris!!

Michelle · Married on 06/16/2018

Everything was perfect! Doris takes the time to meet with you personally several times leading up the event to make sure everything is perfect!

Melanie · Married on 06/01/2018

Doris is the the sweetest person you will ever meet and it was such a pleasure working with her. Everything from the center pieces to the wedding bouquet was absolutely beautIful. She even worked with me when I had last minute changes and worked within my budget.

Siobhan · Married on 05/19/2018

We were so impressed with our wedding flowers created by Doris and her team! During our initial consultation Doris really understood my vision and she created such beautiful arrangements from the color scheme and a picture of an idea I showed her! She really worked with us to give us the most value for our budget which we truly appreciated! When I saw the samples based on the consultation I was so excited to have her for our wedding, but we were truly blown away on our wedding day! Everything from the boutonnières and corsages to the bouquets, centerpieces and church flowers were remarkable, we received endless compliments from our family and friends! We highly recommend Doris the Florist as a very professional and talented florist!

jeanine · Married on 11/17/2017

My husband and I used Doris for our wedding on 11/17/17. Words can not describe how beautiful her work is. I had went for a sample day and saw what my centerpieces would look like and was blown away. I thought it couldn't get any better until I saw the centerpieces and bouquets the day of. Everything looked amazing!! Its not only her work that is amazing.. she is a pleasure to deal with. Picking out flowers can be very overwhelming and when I met with her she made the process easy and there was no pressure from her to add more or change what I wanted.. Thank you Doris for help making my wedding so beautiful with your gorgeous work:)

Doris the Florist 1

Cindy · Married on 10/28/2017

I could not have been more satisfied with the incredibly beautiful flowers that Doris provided for my wedding. Working with Doris felt like having a family member in the business. Doris is warm, caring, professional and clearly does all her work from her heart!
    To quote my son "you didn't only hire a florist, you hired a wedding planner".

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

Doris and her team were absolutely amazing!!! From the moment I sat down with Doris, I knew we would be using her. She was so excited to hear my ideas and even more knowledgeable on how to execute them beautifully! I wanted to incorporate a lot of fall colors but also wanted something a bit more modern for the ballroom. She was able to create the most GORGEOUS bouquets with every fall color I could imagine. However, for our reception, she created the most amazing all white designs so that no two table centerpieces were exactly the same. She used flowers I had never seen before. All of our guests were raving about how beautiful the room looked. And OMG our cake!!! She covered it in flowers, it was almost too pretty to cut!! She was available every time I had a question and her team was so fun to work with. To find a vendor with such good service and also such attention to detail and creativity is rare but with Doris and her staff, they truly are the best at both. I can't recommend them enough!!!

carl · Married on 09/26/2017

sit soever young
    her love for me
    is like a smoking gun
    so who am i
    to win like such so kind
    who eyes are strong
    with love so mine
    so cast me
    here forever more
    like a open door
    or a creaky floor

Amanda · Married on 09/03/2017

We can not say enough amazing things about Doris and her team. From the moment we met her we knew that she would do a phenomenal job. She gave us advice on what colors would look great between two brides along with their parties. Her attention to detail is impeccable and she always knew exactly what we were looking for. Her and her team made us a beautiful arch to stand under for the ceremony. The reception centerpieces were absolutely gorgeous and all of our bouquets were perfect. Our guests continue to compliment all of the beautiful floral arrangements. My wife and I can not thank Doris and her team enough!!

• OnTheWayToMrsA

Suzanne · Married on 08/18/2017

Doris the Florist was recommended to us by Bridgeview Yacht Club, and they did NOT disappoint! We initially worked with Doris – she was amazing. We had a TON of different ideas for bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces.. we were all over the place.. and she said “Tell me every idea you have, I’ll come up with something.” We did just that, left the appointment, and just prayed that she’d nail it… she did!!! Her vision was exactly what we hoped for. We ended up going in a slightly different direction with our wedding and ended up having to change the vase, but that was simply a décor change we made. When we came back for our final appointment, Doris had an emergency and we were seen by Larissa; I was nervous because of how much confidence I had in working with Doris, but Larissa was equally amazing and was able to understand all of the small changes we decided to make (also to better fit the venue choices we made). We once again had to leave with nothing but faith that it would turn out okay, which was fine at this point because at that point we so much faith in their skills. When we arrived at the venue the day of our wedding, not really knowing what to expect, I wanted to cry when I saw how beautiful everything was: the flowers, even some of my slightly strange requests, were FLAWLESS. The centerpieces, bouquets, and boutonnieres were absolutely stunning, even the roses put on the chairs for our dads were lovely. We received compliments all night and I loved my flowers so much that I took them home to preserve them. We highly recommend booking your events here!

• F

Fran · Married on 03/25/2017

I would HIGHLY recommend Doris to anyone in need of flowers for any occasion. She did all of the flowers for our wedding (3/25/17) and people are still raving about how beautiful everything was. We are still blown away by how beautiful every single piece she created was. Upon our first meeting my husband and I were not entirely sure which direction we wanted to go in when it came to flowers and Doris was amazing, she sat with us for over an hour talking about colors and asking us questions about everything pertaining to what kind of wedding we wanted to have. She was genuinely interested and determined to make everything perfect. When discussing budget, we never once felt pressured to go above our budget and she was confident she'd be able to make beautiful arrangements within our budget and totally delivered. Her knowledge and creativity is truly unbelievable and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. During the stress of wedding planning, Doris made everything seamless, I knew I never had anything to worry about when it came to our flowers. I can never say enough fabulous things about Doris!!

Nora · Married on 03/04/2017

Doris's work was breathtaking. My bridal bouquet was absolutely beautiful and she included special touches that I wanted to make it special for me. My bridesmaids the the groomsmen were beautiful as well! She worked with us to make our centerpieces our own and diy as well!

Gianna · Married on 02/17/2017

Doris the Florist provided the flowers for our wedding on Friday (2/17/2017) and they were absolutely stunning! Our bouquets were perfect and so elegant, and the centerpieces Doris created made the ballroom look stunning. I was adamant that I didn't want traditional white flowers, but rather wanted deep, dark winter colors. Doris completely understood my vision and was able to make it even better than I thought it could be! She also made sure that the light flowers she did use were champagne, to match the color of my dress. My husband's boutonniere matched my dress exactly. All of my guests keep commenting about how gorgeous the flowers were, and how nice the deep colors looked! She also provided flowers for our cake, which were perfect. Most importantly, it was a pleasure to work with Doris. It is clear that she has a passion and loves what she does, and that she truly cherishes her clients. I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Doris!

Sabrina · Married on 12/30/2016

I got so many complements on my flower arrangements big full and beautiful with candle votives around my low arrangements!! It made my room feel so classy and glamorous

Patricia · Married on 11/05/2016

bridal bouquet and bridal party flowers were beautiful and fairly priced.A joy to work with!

Karen · Married on 10/21/2016

if I could give 100 stars I would. Doris is the best florist there is. My flowers were absolutely gorgeous and all my guests raved about them. The fall colors were breathtaking. She made the whole process so easy. I didn't have to worry about a thing. She was always a pleasure to speak with and extremely helpful. If you are looking for the best flowers then you must choose Doris the florist.

Doris is absolutely the very best florist around. She and her team work with you to ensure that you are staying within your budget but still receiving A-list treatment and the most beautiful centerpieces and decor there is. I look forward to working with her again in any capacity as it was simply so much fun. Her love of flowers and knowledge of what will work the best makes it a really great experience overall.

Lauren · Married on 06/04/2016

Doris made the most amazing flower arrangements for our wedding! She really blew us away with every single piece she created. The centerpieces were really elegant and beautiful, and very impressive looking - they really changed the feel of the entire room. She was also great during the process of figuring out what we wanted in terms of color and types of flowers. I didn't know anything about different types of flowers and I didn't really know where to start with making choices. She didn't rush us like other vendors, and she helped us understand our options. Service was great throughout the process - she showed two options on sample day so we could be sure about our direction, flowers arrived on time on the big day, and everything at the hall was decorated before we got there for family pictures. She is so nice to work with and her passion for her art really comes through in every way. Thanks for everything Doris!

I value and respect Doris' creativity and professionalism. I informed her of my vision and she was able to execute it and give me feedback and her professional opinion and suggestions. She was such a pleasure to work with! I live locally and I believe in supporting our local businesses. It pays to shop local!

• User4619441 · 2+ years ago

First, Doris herself is an absolute pleasure! Aside from her warm personality, what I really loved about Doris was her response when I told her my budget. She said I can definitely make you something beautiful within that price range - never pressured me to go bigger or more expensive than the number I said. the flowers came out absolutely beautiful and she created a chuppah that looked like it came out of a fairytale. Than you, Doris!