Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants Reviews

119 Reviews for Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants

119 Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants Reviews
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 10/26/2018

beautifully crafted and unique ceremony

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Donna. I knew right away from our first meeting that I wanted her to be the one to join my fiance and I in marriage. She has a beautiful energy, light and love that shines through. We wanted to create a ceremony that embodied who we were as a couple so that we could share and express the love we have with our family and friends. Donna was able to help guide us in crafting a intimate, personal, and loving ceremony. She added in some unique and carefully thought out touches. We had so many compliments about the ceremony and as one guest put it "I don't think I've ever gotten so choked up at a friends wedding before!" Thank you Donna, for helping Dave and I create our vision!

Michele · Married on 10/07/2018

A beautiful personalized ceremony.

Laura Eppler was amazingly puntual and professional from our very first phone call. She made sure she knew my husband and I well enough through our conversations to craft a beautiful personalized ceremony. Laura will be there for you every step of the way, making sure your happy and cared for. I would recommend her for anyone’s special day a millions times over :)

Scott Smith · Married on 10/06/2018

Smith-McGee Wedding 10/6/18

Katherine married us on 10/6/18 at Fegley's BrewWorks in Allentown. Katherine crafted an amazing ceremony for us. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the wonderful job she did. She was always available to answer questions and make sure we had all of our ducks in a row. It is so great to know that our ceremony is uniquely ours. Of all the things that were stressful about planning a wedding, our experience with Katherine certainly wasn't one of them! We can't recommend her enough.

Ashley Owens · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing officiant-thanks so much Donna for a wonderful day and ceremony!

My husband and I chose Donna to be the officiant for our wedding on 9/29/18 and we couldn't have made a better choice! Not only is Donna the sweetest person but she is super organized, detail oriented, and put together a beautiful wedding day ceremony for us. Our family and friends couldn't stop talking about how much they loved our ceremony and officiant, using words like "beautifully spoken", "heartwarming", and "simply beautiful". Donna made us feel comfortable throughout the wedding planning process, was easily accessible and responsive to questions, and was so helpful and knowledgeable. She truly has a gift and I'm so glad we found her and had the opportunity to meet her on our big day. Thank you Donna for a great ceremony!! :)
    Love,
    Dan and Ashley Shapero 'Dashley'

Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 1

Christine · Married on 09/28/2018

I wish I could give more stars! Donna was 100 percent the highlight of our wedding day! We said over and over how much ever penny for her service was worth it and we would do it 100 times over again. She helped us create vows that brought the whole room to tears, she crafted the most personalized ceremony and taught us about a special tree planting ceremony. So many people approached us and said how much they loved our ceremony, how real it was, and how much they enjoyed Donna’s presence. After Donna left I thought oh gosh I should have asked for a copy of our ceremony. Welp come to find out in our card box was a handwritten note, a copy of our ceremony bonded with our vows. She is amazing, her work is amazing, and you will be so happy with her service!

Erin · Married on 09/15/2018

A beautiful ceremony

We had the special honor to work with Cely for our wedding on 9/15/18. She is the sweetest person and made us feel so comfortable during the planning process, and we knew the ceremony was going to go off without a hitch. Coming from families who favor traditional church weddings, my husband and I were a little nervous about how our on-site ceremony was going to be received. Cely did an amazing job at incorporating our requests and making our ceremony so personal and memorable. We received countless compliments throughout the night about how special and personal it was. Thank you again to Cely and Lehigh Valley Celebrants for creating our beautiful ceremony!

Caitlin · Married on 09/08/2018

Katherine married us on September 8th in Shohola, and she was wonderful throughout the whole process! From our initial Skype meeting, we knew immediately that Katherine was the one we wanted to officiate our wedding. She was so gracious and helpful throughout the whole process, with lots of advice and helpful reading materials to give us ideas/guidance.

We were pretty clueless about the whole thing, but Katherine made the process fun and exciting! On our wedding day, she arrived with plenty of time to spare, checked in with last-minute reminders, and did a wonderful job with the ceremony. We loved working with Katherine and would absolutely recommend her to anyone.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Katherine!! <3

Alyce · Married on 08/18/2018

When we first met Donna, it was like we were reconnecting with an old friend. Immediately, we just clicked, and we loved her right away. She was an absolute joy to work with throughout the planning stages as we moved toward our wedding day, and she really took the time to really get to know us. This helped her to write a beautiful, unique ceremony that was totally and completely us. Everyone that was at our wedding commented on the beautiful ceremony that so perfectly encapsulated our relationship, and they could not stop talking about what a perfect, amazing job Donna did. I feel so lucky that we met her and got to have her by our side on our big day!

Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 2

Chris · Married on 08/18/2018

Our officent Irene Blough made the whole process very simple. She got to know us and was available whenever we needed her. She gave us advice that enevitably led us to choose our beautiful Hawthorn Tree that we used in our ceramony. She put together the best story of us to share as part of our vows to our family and friends. We would recomend her services to anyone. Thank You Irene, Donna and Wedding Wire for being there for us!

Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 3
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 4
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 5

Emily · Married on 08/18/2018

We had a wonderful experience with Laura Eppler of Lehigh Valley Celebrants at our wedding on Aug 18th. After talking to her via facetime for the first consultation, we knew she had to be the one to officiate our wedding. After many weeks of google searches, we stumbled upon Lehigh Valley Celebrants and the humanist celebrant services and were intriqued. I initally reached out to Donna who was unavailable on our date, so she recommended Laura- we are so happy that she did! Laura was easy (and fun!) to talk to and by the end of the conversation we felt like we had known her for years! She had great suggestions and was always available when we had any questions- we had a lot of things to think about and wanted to incorporate some traditional elements ( for some background, I am Catholic and my husband is Muslim but neither of us are particularly religious and find religious ceremonies to be a bit impersonal) into our ceremony but still have it feel personal and special. We even incorporated some elements we had never considered like a ring warming ceremony, and now looking back it would not have been the same without it! What Laura came up with was beyond our expectations and our guests and families agreed it was one of the most heartfelt and compelling ceremonies they had been to. We had a lot of fun filling out the questionnaires she gave us which she used as a tool to help her create a ceremony that felt very "us". She also gave us a lot of recommendations for readings and how to conduct a rehearsal because we chose to run it ourselves. Everything went off without a hitch! I would recommend Laura Eppler and Lehigh Valley Celebrants one hundred times over. Thanks for everything!

Pamela · Married on 08/17/2018

Choosing not to do a religious wedding left us unsure of how to choose an officiant. We found Donna Forsythe online and had an initial Skype call with her. Right away we loved her, her positive energy, and genuine love for love and marriage. She crafted a beautiful and unique ceremony tailored to us which we could edit and collaborate on. On the day of the wedding our ceremony started an hour late due to transportation issues and Donna was such a calming force in this time of stress. She made sure our guests were comfortable and assured us that the ceremony can be sped up a bit without losing its integrity. We’ve been receiving non-stop compliments on the ceremony and that even grown men were shedding a tear. We highly recommend using Donna as she will truly deliver a ceremony that will be unforgettable.

Erika · Married on 08/10/2018

Donna officiated our wedding ceremony a few weeks ago and we are so happy we chose her. My husband and I are both on the shy side when it comes to sharing our personal lives and Donna made it easy. We even ended up writing our own vows, which I never imagined we would do, thanks to some examples and ideas she provided. Our families are both Catholic but we were not looking to have a religious ceremony, and she was able to add subtle references to acknowledge that part of our lives without going overboard. We had no idea where to start with creating a ceremony and Donna knew exactly what questions to ask and completely took the stress out of the planning process. Would highly recommend her!

• Amy

Amy · Married on 08/04/2018

Irene Blough is AMAZING!!!

My husband and I chose Irene Blough as our wedding officiant, and it was truly the best decision we ever made! As many people would agree, your wedding day should be the best day of your lives, and within that day the ceremony should be the most special moment. Thanks to Irene, it was nothing short of amazing! We worked very closely with her from the beginning of the process up until the very end. When we first reached out to her, she recommended we meet with her either in-person or Skype, as she wanted to make it as personal as possible. We met with her via Skype and immediately fell in love with her friendly, upbeat personality. She asked us many questions including what type of ceremony we wanted and how we envisioned it all falling into place. After our meeting, she sent each of us a detailed questionnaire that she wanted us to fill out separately; that way we could truly express how we felt about each other without the other person knowing what we said. This was such a fun experience! We sent her the questionnaire, and then we scheduled our next meeting. For the next meeting, she came prepared with an outline of our wedding ceremony, in which she took snipets from what we wrote about each other and added some kind words of her own. We absolutely loved what she wrote and hardly made any changes. Now, all that was left to do was write our own vows - and Irene even helped us with that! A few weeks before the wedding we both sent our vows to her privately and she worked with us to make sure they were equal in length and similar in tone. We were both nervous about how this final (and most important) piece of the ceremony would turn out, and let me tell you...it was PERFECT! Everyone who attended our wedding said the ceremony was beautifully done; from the personal touches, to the intimate vows, and the well-spoken officiant. It was probably the most complimented part of our entire wedding. As it should be! We can't thank Irene enough for making our ceremony exactly what we wanted it to be...magical :)

Matthew · Married on 07/06/2018

Our initial meeting with Laura was very informative and informal. We learned a lot about the options in terms of what we could do with our ceremony. She was very responsive to all our needs and work well with us to make the ceremony "perfect" in terms of what we were looking for on our wedding day. Laura gave us a strawman and suggestions to allow us to create our wedding ceremony story. We both were able to express our feelings and what the ceremony meant for both of us. In the end, we had a ceremony that truly made me smile the first time I read the finished product - it hit on all the important points of what we wanted to express. Laura did an outstanding job making it feel very personal and everyone at the reception was commenting on how well done the words and story were during the wedding ceremony. Even though I read the ceremony a few time, it was hard to contain some of the emotions when you heard the words being stated. I would truly recommend Laura to host anyone's wedding ceremony since she will work with you to understand what you want out of the ceremony and will deliver it in an outstanding manner.

Leah · Married on 06/30/2018

It was an absolute honor to work with Cely Santana from Lehigh Valley Celebrants and have her officiate our wedding. Cely was (and is) so welcoming, calm, kind, organized, and easy to talk to when we met with her to learn more about the ceremony planning process. We knew right then and there that she was the perfect fit for us. Cely stayed in constant communication from day one and on and answered any questions we had promptly and thoroughly. A LOT goes into writing a beautiful ceremony and she worked with us every step of the way to cater to our wants and needs. The first ceremony draft Cely wrote ended up being the final draft, it was that perfect, which goes to show just how talented she is. She recreated our love story so perfectly and brought tears to our eyes as my husband and I read the draft together. Cely’s calm, cool, and collected demeanor was so refreshing the day of our wedding and she spoke with such ease and grace during our ceremony (as always!). We received countless compliments about her and the beautiful love story she wrote and shared. I am certain that she touched every single person’s heart at our wedding that day. We were absolutely honored to have her officiate our wedding and could not have asked for a more perfect day. She went above and beyond all of our expectations. Thank you for being so wonderful and kicking the evening off to such a perfect start, Cely!

Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 6
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 7
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 8
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 9
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 10

Matt · Married on 06/22/2018

Cely officiated our wedding this past June. She was incredibly personable and professional while we were working with her. She contacted us months before the wedding to meet us and get a feel for who we are as a couple and kept in contact afterwards. We provided her with some more personal information and stories, after which she wrote her speech for the wedding. When she sent us the first draft for the script, she had captured our story as a couple so well that my wife was in tears! Cely called us again to go over all of the details of the script and the ceremony, making sure that we were comfortable with everything she would say and that we would understand exactly what the flow would be on the day.
    During the actual wedding, her officiating was far more than I had hoped for. Even though we had only spoken on Skype and never met in person, Cely was able to perfectly deliver a wonderfully person speech about our story as a couple that was easy to follow for both our closest friends and those who didn’t know us that well. She had clearly put a lot of time and effort into both preparing and memorizing the script, and she delivered it excellently with humor when it was called for and sincerity throughout. After the ceremony, we received more compliments on Cely’s officiating than any other aspect of the wedding, even from my most religious relatives. I could not recommend her services enough to anyone looking for an entertaining and personal ceremony guaranteed to make everyone feel welcome and included.

Nicole · Married on 06/22/2018

Laura was fantastic. She really made the ceremony feel personalized and unique. She was extremely responsive in all our e-mails and I could not be happier with her work.

Alexander · Married on 06/15/2018

Donna recommend we work with Katherine Hunter, part of Lehigh Valley Celebrants, and she was absolutely amazing. She went above and beyond to make us feel like it was OUR ceremony, and did a beautiful job on the day. She is very experienced and knowledgeable, kind and a great listener. She offers priceless input, and really helped guide us to make choices we felt good about. We communicated with her frequently during the process of planning the ceremony and she worked on multiple drafts until we got it perfect. We loved our wedding and we love Katherine! When writing to Donna, definitely request her!! You'll love working with her.

Beth · Married on 06/14/2018

Katherine Hunter, our celebrant, was fantastic! She is an incredibly kind person who is very well spoken and who can write a beautiful ceremony. She is very well organized and is really on top of her work. We had an initial meeting were we met to get to know each other so she could get a feel for what we were looking for- and from there we had multiple skype meetings to review the ceremony drafts. She regularly checked with us to make sure we liked the wording and that it was representative of our relationship. My husband and I chose to write our own vows and Katherine helped each of us with checking them to make sure they were similar in length and tone. In addition to her ability to write astoundingly well- she is incredibly professional. She set deadlines for my husband and I to get back to her (which we never met because we were terrible at wedding planning) and she kept us on track throughout the whole process. We had a beautiful wedding that was everything I could have dreamed of- and Katherine was a huge part of making this possible.

Rebecca · Married on 06/09/2018

We worked with Donna's associate Katherine Hunter. Katherine was fantastic with our wedding ceremony! She struck a perfect balance between helping us figure out what we wanted and going with the ideas we came up with. Not only did she help us put together a personalized ceremony, but she coached us on writing personal vows that reflected who we are as well. She's very responsive and checked in with us regularly. Highly recommended!

Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 11

Brianne · Married on 06/02/2018

Irene was amazing to work with from the very beginning. She is such a sweet woman, and was so kind and thoughtful throughout the entire process. Not only was she extremely informative, she helped us through every detail of the ceremony and made sure we were happy with every step. The result was a beautiful ceremony that was built just for us. Guests have gone out of their way to mention how perfect the ceremony was, so I know it wasn't just me being biased, haha. Working with Irene was such a pleasant experience, and I would gladly recommend the Lehigh Valley Celebrants to anyone who wants a wedding ceremony personalized for their own beliefs and love story.

Nikki · Married on 05/26/2018

The celebrant for our wedding was Katherine Hunter, and we could not be more pleased with the whole process of working with her. We knew when we first met her that she would be able to create just what we were looking for. She was upfront and explained everything thoroughly so we understood what to expect.

Not only did Katherine prepare a beautiful story of our love as our ceremony, she kept us on track when it came to completing questionnaires, getting our marriage license, and writing our own vows. Since we were so busy with the rest of the planning, it was helpful to get her reminder emails along the way so that we didn’t fall too far behind schedule.

When we got the first draft of the ceremony that Katherine had written, we were both blown away with how spot-on it was and felt like it hardly needed any modifying. It got us really excited for the actual ceremony because it felt special with our story being told in such a beautiful way. Katherine was always quick to respond to emails and answer questions we had. We wanted a ceremony that was light-hearted, happy, and loving with some humor, and we felt that Katherine did great conveying the feeling we wanted through the writing of our ceremony.

On the day of the wedding Katherine was prompt and available in case we had any last minute questions. She had copies of our vows for us, and even a small bag for our groomsman to safely keep our rings. Our ceremony was so well received that our friends and family raved about how beautiful and “us” and it was. It really felt like our day was personal and memorable from start to finish. Thank you Katherine!!

Sami · Married on 05/25/2018

Katherine Hunter officiated our wedding in Philadelphia. This was an LGBT wedding of two men, and Katherine was incredibly supportive, open, and professional in her approach. We met with her for our initial meeting, and she was immediately warm, and interested in learning about us to create the wedding we wanted. She did not impose her wishes or expectations on us and led us to options and respected our decisions for our ceremony. She thoughtfully considered how we might wish to incorporate our families and traditions and background. We had lots of input and opportunity to perfect the ceremony and vows, and she helpfully kept us on track and on our timeline. We hired Katherine rather late in our wedding planning process, but she expertly guided us. Guests came away from our ceremony loving it and saying it was "the best wedding ever." (They love us, of course, but this was sweet to hear nonetheless.) Katherine was a big part of making the wedding an amazing experience for us. Regarding logistics, she was on time (way early to be honest!), prepared, and flexible. She helped make sure we had what we needed. What words come to mind with Katherine? She is thoughtful, professional, organized, prompt, communicative, warm, and friendly. She was easy to recommend - highly recommended!

Ryan · Married on 04/28/2018

It might sound weird, but Donna was like an aunt I didn't know I had. She put so much effort into learning about me and my bride, and her ceremony was incredibly personal. In conversation, she remembered all these tiny details about us that I'd forgotten we'd ever mentioned. It couldn't have been more accurate if I had written the ceremony myself.

Everyone in the room was crying. It was absolutely perfect. I am so glad my wife found her!