Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants Reviews

Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 6
Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 7

Cleo · Married on 01/20/2019

Amazing ceremony

Irene Blough did an amazing job with our ceremony! We had a ton of ideas we wanted included, and she put in a lot of time to make everything flow, write it all up, and help us keep it the length we wanted. She also translated it all into French for our bilingual wedding, and put a ton of time into making sure the French was perfect! The ceremony was exactly how we wanted it, poetic and emotional, and Irene read it beautifully. Nearly every guest said it was one of the best ceremonies they can remember -- even the venue coordinator said it was one of the most special ceremonies they'd seen! We're so grateful to Irene for putting so, so much time into our ceremony, listening to all our crazy ideas, and just supporting us through the whole process. Our ceremony was everything we dreamed it would be, and we're so grateful to Irene for making it perfect!

Sent on 02/10/2019

Christine · Married on 12/08/2018

Magical winter wedding weekend!

Donna was absolutely amazing and made our wedding ceremony a special and unforgettable one. So many people came up to us after and said how much they loved Donna and the ceremony and how they felt like they now knew our love story. Donna was amazing from the first time we spoke, so warm and so genuine. She was so organized and sent us everything you could imagine to give us ideas and things to chose from. Our ceremony was perfect and there is absolutely nothing I would change. It was so special to us and so personal and that is what I loved the most. Thank you Donna for officiating our marriage and beginning our forever!

Sent on 12/23/2018
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 8
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 9
  • Hillary

Hillary · Married on 10/27/2018

A true "love story" ceremony

Hiring Donna as our celebrant was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. My fiancé and I both wanted a wedding ceremony that reflected us, our relationship, our family, and our traditions. Donna ensured that we had just that! Donna was quick to respond to all initial questions. She sent us A TON of resources to aid us in creating our ceremony. The most unique thing that Donna does is create a “love story” based on information both partners provide to her. We felt like the story of our relationship was told during our “love story.” Numerous guests, even the very traditional (and more religious) family members said it was “the most unique ceremony,” and “the most intimate ceremony” they’ve even been “a part of.” Another friend said, “I felt like I was there for every moment of your relationship during the story.” And another said, “I am still telling people about your vows!” – which Donna aided us in writing. Most importantly, Ethan and I could not stop smiling and crying happy tears during our ceremony! If you are looking for an intimate ceremony that truly reflects the two of you, as a couple, Donna is your celebrant!

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 10/26/2018

beautifully crafted and unique ceremony

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Donna. I knew right away from our first meeting that I wanted her to be the one to join my fiance and I in marriage. She has a beautiful energy, light and love that shines through. We wanted to create a ceremony that embodied who we were as a couple so that we could share and express the love we have with our family and friends. Donna was able to help guide us in crafting a intimate, personal, and loving ceremony. She added in some unique and carefully thought out touches. We had so many compliments about the ceremony and as one guest put it "I don't think I've ever gotten so choked up at a friends wedding before!" Thank you Donna, for helping Dave and I create our vision!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/12/2018

Irene is THE best!

We were lucky enough to have Irene officiate our bilingual wedding ceremony. From the start, Irene was absolutely amazing. She really took the time to get to know us and our relationship and make sure that the ceremony was exactly what we wanted. The most incredible thing about Irene was the way she prepared and delivered "our story" during the ceremony. Without knowing us previously, she really nailed who we were as a couple and wrote the most touching, sweet and funny marriage address. Irene is the absolute best to work with and we are so grateful to her for making our ceremony so special and beautiful.

Sent on 01/20/2019

Michele · Married on 10/07/2018

A beautiful personalized ceremony.

Laura Eppler was amazingly puntual and professional from our very first phone call. She made sure she knew my husband and I well enough through our conversations to craft a beautiful personalized ceremony. Laura will be there for you every step of the way, making sure your happy and cared for. I would recommend her for anyone’s special day a millions times over :)

Sent on 11/05/2018

Scott Smith · Married on 10/06/2018

Smith-McGee Wedding 10/6/18

Katherine married us on 10/6/18 at Fegley's BrewWorks in Allentown. Katherine crafted an amazing ceremony for us. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the wonderful job she did. She was always available to answer questions and make sure we had all of our ducks in a row. It is so great to know that our ceremony is uniquely ours. Of all the things that were stressful about planning a wedding, our experience with Katherine certainly wasn't one of them! We can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2018

One of the best vendors we worked with!

I had a lot of anxiety about finding the right person to marry us. Both my husband and I are non-practicing people with no connection to a specific church/religion, so we wanted a secular ceremony but also wanted to make sure we kept all parties happy (my parents had asked for religious elements). We knew what we wanted for our ceremony but had no clue about who could help us make it happen. In comes Donna.

From day one, Donna was courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable. She educated us on the requirements and how the process goes so there was no confusion. She also listened to what we had in mind and answered questions patiently. She helped us put our entire ceremony together and offered suggestions where needed. Donna provides you with a lot of resources: other couple's ceremony scripts, lots of readings, different wording for different sections, etc. My only complaint here was that there was a lot of overlap in a few of the documents and the pages weren't numbered so if you printed it out and mixed up the pages it was a pain in the butt to put back together. But that is a superficial complaint. I also would've loved to see a recording of her doing another couple's ceremony to get a feel for her work but I don't think that was available.

I was actually really nervous about how it would be perceived as a lot of our guests practice and the ceremony was almost entirely secular, except for the opening and closing prayers but our ceremony was perfect. It was the ideal combination of who we are as individuals but also who we are as a couple. It was filled with love, joy, and laughter. It tugged on our guests' heartstrings (which was a goal of mine!). My Dad said that he was enthralled by the ceremony from start to finish. My religious Catholic grandmother had nothing but lovely things to say about it as well. It helps that Donna is a great public speaker and has charm.

Donna - Thank you for being a part of our special day. We had a ceremony that we will forever cherish and we owe a lot of that to you!

Sent on 12/13/2018
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 10
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 11
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 12

B · Married on 10/06/2018

Irene was perfect

Irene was wonderful and I am so grateful that we found her. When first looking for an officiant, I didn’t really know what to expect but the thought of standing up in front of a room of people (to be married), to me, had the same feeling of public speaking, which gave me a lot of anxiety. During my search, I spoke with a few different people and ultimately chose Irene. I loved her calm presence and demeanor. After our initial call, we set up time to meet in person with my now husband and we also had several calls over the phone. I wanted a ceremony that was short and sweet, but I’m also picky and had a lot of requests and changes. Each time we talked and throughout the entire process she was patient, helpful, and reassuring. Irene was the perfect person to marry us and everyone loved the ceremony and her delivery, especially my mom who is hard to please. I cannot say thank you enough, Irene you are the best!!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Ashley Owens · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing officiant-thanks so much Donna for a wonderful day and ceremony!

My husband and I chose Donna to be the officiant for our wedding on 9/29/18 and we couldn't have made a better choice! Not only is Donna the sweetest person but she is super organized, detail oriented, and put together a beautiful wedding day ceremony for us. Our family and friends couldn't stop talking about how much they loved our ceremony and officiant, using words like "beautifully spoken", "heartwarming", and "simply beautiful". Donna made us feel comfortable throughout the wedding planning process, was easily accessible and responsive to questions, and was so helpful and knowledgeable. She truly has a gift and I'm so glad we found her and had the opportunity to meet her on our big day. Thank you Donna for a great ceremony!! :)
    Love,
    Dan and Ashley Shapero 'Dashley'

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 13
  • Katie

Katie Ramos · Married on 09/29/2018

Irene Blough was fantastic!

My husband and I had the pleasure of having Irene Blough officiate our wedding ceremony. As soon as we met her, we knew we were comfortable and could trust her with arguably the most important job of our big day. She was patient, thorough, and took time to get to know us in order to deliver a spectacular ceremony. She was extremely organized which helped me as the crazy/stressed bride! Irene completely eliminated any worry surrounding the ceremony which I was so happy with. Thank you so much Irene for a beautiful ceremony!

Sent on 01/30/2019
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 14

Christine · Married on 09/28/2018

I wish I could give more stars! Donna was 100 percent the highlight of our wedding day! We said over and over how much ever penny for her service was worth it and we would do it 100 times over again. She helped us create vows that brought the whole room to tears, she crafted the most personalized ceremony and taught us about a special tree planting ceremony. So many people approached us and said how much they loved our ceremony, how real it was, and how much they enjoyed Donna’s presence. After Donna left I thought oh gosh I should have asked for a copy of our ceremony. Welp come to find out in our card box was a handwritten note, a copy of our ceremony bonded with our vows. She is amazing, her work is amazing, and you will be so happy with her service!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Erin · Married on 09/15/2018

A beautiful ceremony

We had the special honor to work with Cely for our wedding on 9/15/18. She is the sweetest person and made us feel so comfortable during the planning process, and we knew the ceremony was going to go off without a hitch. Coming from families who favor traditional church weddings, my husband and I were a little nervous about how our on-site ceremony was going to be received. Cely did an amazing job at incorporating our requests and making our ceremony so personal and memorable. We received countless compliments throughout the night about how special and personal it was. Thank you again to Cely and Lehigh Valley Celebrants for creating our beautiful ceremony!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Caitlin · Married on 09/08/2018

Katherine married us on September 8th in Shohola, and she was wonderful throughout the whole process! From our initial Skype meeting, we knew immediately that Katherine was the one we wanted to officiate our wedding. She was so gracious and helpful throughout the whole process, with lots of advice and helpful reading materials to give us ideas/guidance.

We were pretty clueless about the whole thing, but Katherine made the process fun and exciting! On our wedding day, she arrived with plenty of time to spare, checked in with last-minute reminders, and did a wonderful job with the ceremony. We loved working with Katherine and would absolutely recommend her to anyone.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Katherine!! <3

Sent on 09/23/2018

Alyce · Married on 08/18/2018

When we first met Donna, it was like we were reconnecting with an old friend. Immediately, we just clicked, and we loved her right away. She was an absolute joy to work with throughout the planning stages as we moved toward our wedding day, and she really took the time to really get to know us. This helped her to write a beautiful, unique ceremony that was totally and completely us. Everyone that was at our wedding commented on the beautiful ceremony that so perfectly encapsulated our relationship, and they could not stop talking about what a perfect, amazing job Donna did. I feel so lucky that we met her and got to have her by our side on our big day!

Sent on 09/08/2018
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 15

Chris · Married on 08/18/2018

Our officent Irene Blough made the whole process very simple. She got to know us and was available whenever we needed her. She gave us advice that enevitably led us to choose our beautiful Hawthorn Tree that we used in our ceramony. She put together the best story of us to share as part of our vows to our family and friends. We would recomend her services to anyone. Thank You Irene, Donna and Wedding Wire for being there for us!

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 16
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 17
    Donna Forsythe - Lehigh Valley Celebrants 18

Emily · Married on 08/18/2018

We had a wonderful experience with Laura Eppler of Lehigh Valley Celebrants at our wedding on Aug 18th. After talking to her via facetime for the first consultation, we knew she had to be the one to officiate our wedding. After many weeks of google searches, we stumbled upon Lehigh Valley Celebrants and the humanist celebrant services and were intriqued. I initally reached out to Donna who was unavailable on our date, so she recommended Laura- we are so happy that she did! Laura was easy (and fun!) to talk to and by the end of the conversation we felt like we had known her for years! She had great suggestions and was always available when we had any questions- we had a lot of things to think about and wanted to incorporate some traditional elements ( for some background, I am Catholic and my husband is Muslim but neither of us are particularly religious and find religious ceremonies to be a bit impersonal) into our ceremony but still have it feel personal and special. We even incorporated some elements we had never considered like a ring warming ceremony, and now looking back it would not have been the same without it! What Laura came up with was beyond our expectations and our guests and families agreed it was one of the most heartfelt and compelling ceremonies they had been to. We had a lot of fun filling out the questionnaires she gave us which she used as a tool to help her create a ceremony that felt very "us". She also gave us a lot of recommendations for readings and how to conduct a rehearsal because we chose to run it ourselves. Everything went off without a hitch! I would recommend Laura Eppler and Lehigh Valley Celebrants one hundred times over. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Nick L · Married on 08/18/2018

A personalized, intimate ceremony we'll never forget

One of the best choices my wife and I made during the wedding planning process was choosing Lehigh Valley Celebrants to officiate our wedding. To be honest – and this may just have been my stereotypical male perspective – I did not expect the officiant to provide some of the best value of the wedding experience; however, I was left with a totally different perspective after our tremendous experience with Lehigh Valley Celebrants.
    Kristina and I had the pleasure of working with Cely Santana as our celebrant for our big day. In the months leading up to our wedding, Cely provided us with copious amounts of reference material and simple questionnaires to not only help Cely handcraft our ceremony, but to also assist Kristina and I in writing our own vows. Since we live out of state, Cely was happy to set up Skype sessions to simulate face-to-face meetings and really get to know our personalities. In fact, the process worked so well that it came as a big shock to most of our guests when they found out the wedding day was our first in-person meeting with Cely, and that she was not a longtime friend.
    Kristina and I highly recommend Cely and Lehigh Valley Celebrants to anyone in search of not only an officiant, but a personalized and intimate ceremony.

Sent on 01/01/2019

Pamela · Married on 08/17/2018

Choosing not to do a religious wedding left us unsure of how to choose an officiant. We found Donna Forsythe online and had an initial Skype call with her. Right away we loved her, her positive energy, and genuine love for love and marriage. She crafted a beautiful and unique ceremony tailored to us which we could edit and collaborate on. On the day of the wedding our ceremony started an hour late due to transportation issues and Donna was such a calming force in this time of stress. She made sure our guests were comfortable and assured us that the ceremony can be sped up a bit without losing its integrity. We’ve been receiving non-stop compliments on the ceremony and that even grown men were shedding a tear. We highly recommend using Donna as she will truly deliver a ceremony that will be unforgettable.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Erika · Married on 08/10/2018

Donna officiated our wedding ceremony a few weeks ago and we are so happy we chose her. My husband and I are both on the shy side when it comes to sharing our personal lives and Donna made it easy. We even ended up writing our own vows, which I never imagined we would do, thanks to some examples and ideas she provided. Our families are both Catholic but we were not looking to have a religious ceremony, and she was able to add subtle references to acknowledge that part of our lives without going overboard. We had no idea where to start with creating a ceremony and Donna knew exactly what questions to ask and completely took the stress out of the planning process. Would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/23/2018
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 08/04/2018

Irene Blough is AMAZING!!!

My husband and I chose Irene Blough as our wedding officiant, and it was truly the best decision we ever made! As many people would agree, your wedding day should be the best day of your lives, and within that day the ceremony should be the most special moment. Thanks to Irene, it was nothing short of amazing! We worked very closely with her from the beginning of the process up until the very end. When we first reached out to her, she recommended we meet with her either in-person or Skype, as she wanted to make it as personal as possible. We met with her via Skype and immediately fell in love with her friendly, upbeat personality. She asked us many questions including what type of ceremony we wanted and how we envisioned it all falling into place. After our meeting, she sent each of us a detailed questionnaire that she wanted us to fill out separately; that way we could truly express how we felt about each other without the other person knowing what we said. This was such a fun experience! We sent her the questionnaire, and then we scheduled our next meeting. For the next meeting, she came prepared with an outline of our wedding ceremony, in which she took snipets from what we wrote about each other and added some kind words of her own. We absolutely loved what she wrote and hardly made any changes. Now, all that was left to do was write our own vows - and Irene even helped us with that! A few weeks before the wedding we both sent our vows to her privately and she worked with us to make sure they were equal in length and similar in tone. We were both nervous about how this final (and most important) piece of the ceremony would turn out, and let me tell you...it was PERFECT! Everyone who attended our wedding said the ceremony was beautifully done; from the personal touches, to the intimate vows, and the well-spoken officiant. It was probably the most complimented part of our entire wedding. As it should be! We can't thank Irene enough for making our ceremony exactly what we wanted it to be...magical :)

Sent on 11/08/2018

Carissa · Married on 07/07/2018

Irene Blough

We used Irene Blough for our wedding celebrant and it was one of the best decisions we made for our big day. From day one, Irene made us feel like family. She took the time to meet with and really listened to my now husband and I to help us determine exactly what type of ceremony worked best for us. She was nothing but kind, supportive, and positive from the very beginning all the way through to the end. She made our ceremony unique-it was unlike anything we could have imagined. She made our guests feel as thought they were a part of our journey, and that was so special to us. Thank you Irene for helping us have the best ceremony possible- it was truly a pleasure working with you.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Matthew · Married on 07/06/2018

Our initial meeting with Laura was very informative and informal. We learned a lot about the options in terms of what we could do with our ceremony. She was very responsive to all our needs and work well with us to make the ceremony "perfect" in terms of what we were looking for on our wedding day. Laura gave us a strawman and suggestions to allow us to create our wedding ceremony story. We both were able to express our feelings and what the ceremony meant for both of us. In the end, we had a ceremony that truly made me smile the first time I read the finished product - it hit on all the important points of what we wanted to express. Laura did an outstanding job making it feel very personal and everyone at the reception was commenting on how well done the words and story were during the wedding ceremony. Even though I read the ceremony a few time, it was hard to contain some of the emotions when you heard the words being stated. I would truly recommend Laura to host anyone's wedding ceremony since she will work with you to understand what you want out of the ceremony and will deliver it in an outstanding manner.

Sent on 07/26/2018

Leah · Married on 06/30/2018

It was an absolute honor to work with Cely Santana from Lehigh Valley Celebrants and have her officiate our wedding. Cely was (and is) so welcoming, calm, kind, organized, and easy to talk to when we met with her to learn more about the ceremony planning process. We knew right then and there that she was the perfect fit for us. Cely stayed in constant communication from day one and on and answered any questions we had promptly and thoroughly. A LOT goes into writing a beautiful ceremony and she worked with us every step of the way to cater to our wants and needs. The first ceremony draft Cely wrote ended up being the final draft, it was that perfect, which goes to show just how talented she is. She recreated our love story so perfectly and brought tears to our eyes as my husband and I read the draft together. Cely’s calm, cool, and collected demeanor was so refreshing the day of our wedding and she spoke with such ease and grace during our ceremony (as always!). We received countless compliments about her and the beautiful love story she wrote and shared. I am certain that she touched every single person’s heart at our wedding that day. We were absolutely honored to have her officiate our wedding and could not have asked for a more perfect day. She went above and beyond all of our expectations. Thank you for being so wonderful and kicking the evening off to such a perfect start, Cely!

Sent on 08/12/2018