Donald K. Ross Bagpiper Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • Future Mrs. Teetor
    Lauren Married on 09/17/2016
    Absolutely incredible! Donald was amazing and made my wedding very special! I will be sharing his information will all of my friends! Simply the best!
    Monica Married on 10/26/2013
    Donald did an amazing job for our ceremony music. I was so excited to have a bag piper and I chose an excellent one to do the job. I received so many compliments from my guest about Donald. He truly made our day special. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for a bag piper. I can't wait until we get our wedding video so I can watch and listen again.
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 09/28/2013
    I emailed Donald Ross well over a year prior to our wedding after visiting his website. He was so quick to respond and so very kind right off the bat. He was professional, sent me links and clips of him performing and answered all of my questions very efficiently. He touched base throughout the year to make sure I had everything that I needed from him. On the day of the wedding, he arrived early to get a feel for the venue dressed in his kilt, ready to pipe! He played exactly as we requested and was very very personable. He was the perfect piper for our perfect day!! His music was breathtaking and we were so happy with him and his work! We highly recommend him for any future weddings/events.

Sincerely, Ashley & Scotty
    Cara Married on 09/21/2013
    I just wanted to say thank you for what an amazingly BEAUTIFUL job you did at our wedding!!! We received so many compliments, and I could not be happier with how everything turned out, and I will not hesitate to recommend you to anyone who needs a bagpiper. Again, many heartfelt thanks and God Bless!!! OUTSTANDING bagpiper!
    Laura Married on 09/14/2013
    Donald,

THANK YOU so much for being such a special part of our day!!! You did such an awesome job, we loved it, everyone loved it!! It was definitely an amazing day from start to finish. We were truly honored to have you there. I'm glad you got to speak with some of our family :) Thank you for your kind words and blessing, really means a lot to us! Thanks again Donald.

--Laura & Eric Brown :)
    Kelly Married on 09/07/2013
    You were amazing. We are so thankful we had you to be part of our big day. You were so much help and did such a great job!!!
    Caroline Married on 08/09/2013
    I would have given him 5 out 5 but It wont let me :)

Donald Ross was asked to play at our Wedding. He was prompt, professional and flexible.
    Donald led the procession with his beautiful music. My father is Scottish and he died when I was very young. Having a Scottish tradition at our wedding was very important to me as if represented my dad.

From the words of my mum “Your Dad would have been very proud. “ - not a dry eye- Thank You Donald!!!! Your talent is evident in your beautiful and moving music. I would not hesitate to ever have your play at any important function.
    John Married on 07/27/2013
    Donald was prompt and professional. He worked very well with our other musicians. He really provided the ambience we were looking for at our daughter's wedding and reception. Donald playing the bagpipes with a pipe organ in a turn of the century church was nothing less than transporting.

John and Bonnie Cheyne
    Howell, Mi
  • User1387497 2+ years ago
    Donald arrived while the bride and my son were still out having pictures taken and he played and entertained the guests while we waited. Many of the guests posed with him for pictures. He did all he was hired to do and more.
  • W
    Wayne Married on 04/14/2013
    Hired Don to play in a surprise appearance at my daughters wedding. Don was very easy to work with and we enjoyed his music.
  • User1390171 2+ years ago
    Having Don surprise my daughter and new husband by playing at the end of their wedding ceremony and leading them out of the church was the talk of their reception- the captured look on my daughter's face and the tears that followed were priceless
    Drew Married on 10/20/2012
    When we were planning our wedding my wife and I both had wanted a piper at the ceremony. My wife had searched online for pipers in the Michigan area and came across a few. Donald was one of the first to reply with a very affordable rate. We decided to give him a shot. There were absolutely no hassles what so ever. I was nervous about hiring a piper off the internet but he invited us out to one of his practices to meet and hear him. As soon as we met and heard him, any anxiety was gone. VERY professional and very knowledgeable piper. I LOVE bagpipes and my wife's family is Scottish. Even at the church Donald was very helpful. My father in law was having difficulty with his kilt and Donald was there to lend a hand lol Thanks for a great ceremony Donald and we'd definitly recommend him to anyone looking for a bagppiper.

Drew and Cheyenne Truax :)
    Bryan Married on 10/13/2012
    My wife and I were delighted to have Bagpiper Donald Ross participate in our wedding. He was absolutely perfect. His performance was beautiful and his personality and look were to great addition to our wedding. Our ceremony was in Frankenmuth on cool and misty day (probably a common day in Ireland or Scotland!). The rain didn't hold Donald back at all as he performed for quite some time outside. Mr. Ross played a vital part in achieving the overall feel for our special day that we dreamed of. Our guests raved about him. Our pictures are amazing.
    We could not be any more pleased with Donald's performance or dealing with him. We HIGHLY recommend him.
    Thank you Donald your huge part in our unforgettable day!
    James Married on 09/28/2012
    We were looking at our daughter's wedding album recently, when we saw the picture of one of the most professional pipers we've ever met, Donald Ross. Donald drove a considerable distance to Saginaw in the fall of 2012 to perform at our daughter Alexandra's wedding, and for that we were very appreciative. His performance was absolutely beautiful, and our relatives from Scotland and other guests who attended the wedding service, thought the music was "spot on". Donald's renditions of Highland Cathedral, Flower of Scotland, and Skye Boat Song brought shivers and joyous tears to our eyes. We now consider him our personal piper for events of the future. Mr. Ross is the perfect choice if you are in the need of Highland Bagpiping services!! Jim and Angela Schanck

Rob Married on 09/14/2012
    I cannot say enough about what an absolutely awesome experience it was to have Donald play the bagpipes at our wedding, his performance was outstanding!

Donald was very professional, warm and caring. He took time to listen to exactly what we wanted but was also able to offer us very helpful suggestions
    for the things we were not exactly sure of.

Working with Donald was honestly one of the easiest things we did while planning our wedding, with a few emails, and a 20 minute phone call Donald was able to put together a plan for the entire ceremony.

On our wedding day he arrived not just on time but early. He took time to review the ceremony with my wife and I and also coordinated with the photographer and videographer so they could capture every moment.

He even had a few jokes to make us laugh and calm our nerves.

- Rob & Jennifer Rice
    Megan Married on 09/08/2012
    Donald was very professional and did an amazing job with the bag pipes at my wedding. I would not have changed him for anyone. He provided an authentic and powerful Scottish feel that all of my guests really enjoyed. He was reasonably priced and worked with me in every aspect of my ceremony. He gave me a variety of songs to choose from even though I let him pick it out for me and it was perfect. Donald is a genuinely nice guy who plays beautiful bag pipe songs that will beat the piano any day!
    Jackie Married on 07/13/2012
    My husband always wanted a bagpiper at our wedding, so I decided to hire one as his gift to walk us out of the church. Donald was responsive to my emails and also did a great job working with me and our venue to keep it a surprise. He was thrilled to see Donald walk through the church doors and it was a fun surprise for our guests. My husband talked about the experience for days. I was very happy with Donald and would hire him again.
    Kathryn Married on 06/24/2012
    We appreciated everything Donald Ross did for our daughter's wedding. He worked with us and was the utmost in professionalism, let alone his talent. He is amazing and we hope you enjoyed him as much as we did!
    Kirsty Married on 06/09/2012
    You won't be sorry hiring Donald to play at your wedding. We got alot of compliments on his playing. Donald added style and grace to our happy event.
    Jennifer Married on 05/11/2012
    I found Donald on a website, contacted him and he immediately responded. He was very professional and very helpful with choosing the music for our wedding.
    He did such an amazing job playing for us on our wedding day that he brought many of the guests to tears. This was truly a great experience that we will never forget!
  • User1385117 2+ years ago
    Donald is a true professional and great bagpiper. I would recommend him to anyone!
    Sara Married on 10/15/2011
    Donald was the most wonderful person to work with during our wedding planning. I actually found his website online and we spoke though emails. We never met, up until just before I walked down the aisle. Donald was instantly like family! I'll never forget (and this is my favorite memory) when the pastor announced my husband and I, man and wife and shortly after, in the oldest church in Romeo, MI, hearing the bag pipes echo through the church. It sent chills down everyone's back due to the beauty of the music. Watching everyone's faces was priceless. I am so glad our Videographer was there, so I can relive that feeling, over and over again! After the ceremony Donald came to the hall and played out doors during our cocktail hour. Once we got to mingle with out guest almost each one said how they loved the touch of our heritage to be at our special day. It was also great that he took request from some of our guests as well! Donald was very professional and so amazing! His music will steal your hearts! I hope there are more events in my life time I can work with Donald it was truly a great experience. From the bottom of my heart I will always have so much appreciation for Donald and his bagpipes! I don't think he knows how much it meant to my husband and I, to be there on the most important day for us! Thank you again Donald!
    Veronika Married on 08/27/2011
    Exceptionally talented musician. The bagpipes were the perfect addition to our wedding ceremony. Don was professional and enthusiastic. He looked terrific in his traditional bagpiper attire! Thanks for a memorable experience Don!
  • User1381588 2+ years ago
    Donald Ross is excellent! I had a very specific vision for incorporating bagpipes (with other instruments) into my wedding processional arrangement. Bagpipes are definitely an instrument for which you want an awesome and expert musician, otherwise the sound will not be quite right. Donald was a pro at the rehearsal and the day of. His playing sounds like a professional recording. It has been nearly three years since my wedding, and people still comment on how beautiful the bagpipes sounded. I would highly recommend Donald to anyone and everyone!
    Karen Married on 07/23/2011
    We felt as if Donald was part of our family that day. He made my son's wedding much more personal and sweet. There is nothing bad that I can say about our experience with Donald Ross. I would definitely use him again and would recommend him to others.