Domenico Winery Reviews

Domenico Winery 6
Domenico Winery 7
  • I

Ivy · Married on 08/10/2018

I would highly recommend Domenico for your future wedding if you love winery. This place is not only beautiful and romantic inside, the staff and event planner are amazing. The food was so delicious and they have many great options for you and your guest. We first fell in love with this place of its charm and location. Keeping our guest in the same city for the ceremony. Please check out this Venue if you are looking for a big space, and wine and food altogether. Thanks Domenico!!

Domenico Winery 8
    Domenico Winery 9
    Domenico Winery 10

Jonathan · Married on 07/21/2018

I remembered a year and a half ago my fiance and I discovered Domenico Winery on page 14 or so of the Wedding Wire in my search. We visited several venues beforehand but one of our key deciding factors was to have a convenient location since we did not want our guests to go thru a long drive, tight winding mountain roads or in intense summer heat. Domenico Winery was perfect. Once we walked inside we knew this venue was the one, This venue has a rustic/industrial like ambience, and the staff is super friendly. Setting up an appointment with Marina and Teresita to create a contract, make adjustments was very easy. Prior to this we did not know much about wine, their staff (especially Michael) was very good in curating their wines to us, we found that we love there sweeter and medium bodied red wines as well as their California Rose and Vignier white wines.

This venue allowed us to do a rehearsal the day before at no extra cost, allowed us to do a Chinese tea ceremony before, has great selections of entree foods (even an Asian Fusion), a large selection of appetizers to choose from and they were very accommodating in making food substitutions. Plus they're dog friendly! Many of our guests raved about the stuffed seabass with olives and their cheese plates, their go-to dessert vendor was pretty good too! By the time our wedding day came they took care of all the table and candle arrangements and setup. The only thing we had to do was get the things we brought ourselves ie: name cards, table numbers and flowers ready. Our guests had a blast plus we ordered the wine bottling activity to give our guests something to bring back as a wedding gift. While we most likely won't have a huge event here again, we will continue to come to this winery simply because of the great tasting wines and always tell our friends about this place. Domenico Winery will always hold a special place in our hearts for making our dream wedding come to life!

Jonathan & Miranda

Domenico Winery 16
    Domenico Winery 17
    Domenico Winery 18

Nick · Married on 11/03/2017

Marina and Taylor were amazing to work with. The venue, food, and service were all incredible. They did an awesome job providing everything we needed and created a great ceremony and reception space. I would highly recommend this venue to everyone.

Marie · Married on 03/11/2017

Do it! The food & wine was delicious and the venue is beautiful!

Jenny · Married on 09/04/2016

Domenico totally met all my expectations in a wedding venue and even surpassed them! Marina and Taylor were very flexible, organized and super helpful. Everyone at this venue was so easy to work with from the coordinators, to the bartenders, to the catering manager. Our guests RAVED about the food. It is such a hidden gem and I would use them again in a heartbeat.

• I

Ivana · Married on 08/06/2016

We highly recommend Marina and the entire crew at Domenico Winery! They did an amazing job creating a 1920s themed wedding for us, and our guests still can't stop talking about how unique our wedding was! Thank you Marina!

Julie · Married on 11/14/2015

Domenico Winery helped give me and my husband the wedding of our dreams! It's definitely the hidden gem of San Carlos! To start, the staff is so friendly and provides top-notch service. The Director of Events (Marina) is incredible! She is so organized, professional and responsive (even if you send her a ton of emails -- which I definitely did). She always makes time to meet with you, and goes out of her way to make sure your wedding layout is exactly what you wanted. Marina was a dream to work with!

Next, the tables, table cloths and chairs are taken care of by the winery. While you have to pay for some rentals, the winery has a handful of 60" rounds, cocktail tables and table cloths that you can use for free! This is something we really appreciated, as it definitely saved us $100 or so.

Additionally, the wine is so yummy! My husband and I went out of our way to go to a few tastings and events at the winery before our wedding to not only see our beautiful venue and the amazing staff, but also drink some of the fabulous wine! The week leading up to the wedding we picked our wines, which was a difficult decision as we loved all of them! Our guests also complimented us on the wine choices. There is also an option to have a full bar -- something we also decided to get, which was well worth the added funds!

Lastly, the ambiance is phenomenal!! The whole space is decorated like a tasting room -- wine barrels around the perimeter of the space. Once the overhead lights are turned off, the barrels are decorated with real-flame tea lights and the market lights are flicked on, the space is absolutely breathtaking!! Nearly all of our 120 guests told us they were blown away by the romantic lighting and beauty of the venue -- something most weren't expecting from a winery in San Carlos.

I really can't say enough about Domenico Winery. It is the perfect venue for anyone looking for a local venue with a romantic feel. Do yourself a favor and check it out!

Anna · Married on 06/20/2015

I had always pictured my wedding reception to be at a winery. So when my husband and I got engaged last year we went on the search for the perfect venue to host our wedding reception. Domenico Winery was at the top of our list because it was spacious and it fit our budget. I especially loved the chandelier, the large bar area, the wine barrels and the market lights. The wedding package they offered us came with chair and table rentals and beverage service and even a champagne toast for our guests. I also liked that we got to choose our own food vendors, unlike other reception venues we were looking at. Marina, the coordinator, gave us a wine tasting a few weeks before the wedding to choose the wines for the reception and they were all delicious! The vendors they selected for the signature drinks bar were very professional and the drinks were so good! They even iced the martini glasses so they would keep cool before serving the drinks in them. Marina also allowed me to use a private bathroom at the winery which was so helpful. They also allowed us to use their large flat screen TVs for the slideshow which saved us money. Marina was especially helpful in guiding me in the whole planning process. She was very attentive to all my questions through email and helped me with the day of coordinating. My vendors were allowed to go in 6 hours before the start time to set up. Which made them all really happy! We got married on June 20, 2015 and it was incredible! All of our guests were impressed with the jaw dropping decor provided by their preferred vendor Marianne Dove Events. Marina made sure things ran smoothly and worked with all of my vendors to follow the timeline. We were very pleased with Domenico Winery and so happy that we had the wedding of our dreams there. We couldn't have done it without their help.

Puja · Married on 04/25/2015

It was very delightful to conduct our wedding reception as the place is gorgeous and staff very helpful.

My husband and I had to change our wedding venue with only a few months to go before our big day. Booking our day at Domenico Winery ended up being the best decision! Needing a new venue was a blessing in disguise. Lisa and her team were amazing! We couldn't have asked for better service! The wines are wonderful, the space is gorgeous, and the service was unbeatable. We met a few times before the wedding and they got a real feel for what we were looking for, the rest was taken care of by the event team. We couldn't have asked for a better night!

Marchelle · Married on 03/19/2016

We had the pleasure of working with Marina and the Domenico Winery staff for our recent March wedding. Not only is the venue a wonderful gem in the peninsula area, but the staff was extremely flexible with our ideas for layout and food options for the guests. The entire venue provides a perfect setting for a romantic and fun wedding and reception. All the guest appreciated the warm decor once they opened the main doors (Frankly you are pleasantly surprised once the market lights are on, it truly changes the entire space and tone). The venue provided a great look with the large wine barrels and candles for both the wedding and reception. The options provided for rental vendors are great also, very reasonable. Also you don't have to worry about finding a food vendor either, the on staff chefs are the best. Great options for vegans and gluten free guest also. We used the entire space for the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, DJ, dessert vendor and open bar (which was quite a deal compared to other venues we spoke with). Marina worked with my wedding planners to make sure each detail was ready! We didn't have to worry about a thing. I would highly recommended Domenico for a wedding or special event.

Tiffany · Married on 06/10/2017

We just got married! And this place was an absolute dream come true - I can't believe how beautiful it turned out. :)

If you're a bride-to-be, here are the facts:
    - $$-wise, this place is a bargain compared to any similar venues in the SF area. All their fees were super reasonable, and much more inclusive than most places I researched (they don't nickel and dime you for everything).
    - Taylor and Marina are amazing coordinators and were very easy to work with - there wasn't a question they couldn't answer, and it's clear they've done this a million times; but they do require that you have a non-guest coordinator of your own on site (but even if they didn't, you really should get one)
    - They do have in-house catering, and they have tastings throughout the year you can attend - they have a pretty exhaustive list, so you're bound to find something you like.
    - They can move their wine barrels to rearrange/create spaces within the winery

All our guests had such a wonderful time - they raved about the space, the food, the service - everything. Wedding planning was such a draining experience... (haha!), but Domenico truly made it all worth it. We were extremely happy with the way everything turned out.

Domenico Winery 19
    Domenico Winery 20
    Domenico Winery 21
    Domenico Winery 22
    Domenico Winery 23

Michelle · Married on 11/26/2016

The venue was beautiful! The food was ah-mazing! The service was terrific!

All around - a great experience working with Marina, Taylor, and the rest of the team at Domenico. When we reserved our date, the renovations hadn't started but Marina and Taylor were able to ease our worries as the months passed by and really helped us envision what it would look like by the time we had our reception there and they did not disappoint. Our guests had a really fun time and enjoyed the atmosphere that was created by Domenico. While my husband and I were researching and visiting potential venues, we asked each one whether or not we could bring our little pug, Hugo, and Domenico was one of the few that said yes with no hesitation. To us, it was a huge plus and they're willingness to help us create the perfect reception was what ultimately made us choose Domenico. They're the complete package!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Domenico Winery's reply:

Thank you so much, Michelle! You were the ideal bride to work with: organized, calm and polite. We are so happy for you and Roy. We wish you all the best. Cheers!

Our wedding was perfect. Lisa, the event coordinator, made everything so easy and stress free. All our guests loved the venue and thought the atmosphere was intimate and beautiful.

Lauren · Married on 04/29/2017

We were so happy to find this venue and space while we were planning our wedding in just under 6-months. Domenico is a hidden gem! Throughout the process, we worked with both Marina and Taylor, though Taylor was our main point of contact once we signed our contract. Taylor worked with us to ensure we were able to attend both the Winter and Spring tastings so we could choose items for both for our reception. Can I just say the food through the in-hour chef is AMAZING? All our guests raved about it being some of the best they had (not just at a wedding). We opted for a dessert assortment instead of a wedding cake and the macaroons were to-die-for. One of the reasons that sealed the deal for us when looking at venues was Domenico's openness to us having our dog at the reception, he is definitely our fur-baby and it made the evening so special having him present. We also found Taylor and the team super accommodating when it came to dropping off our decor a few days early and allowing us to leave a few items behind to pick up a few days post-wedding. Taylor also saved us some food to take home after the wedding, which was sweet since we weren't able to eat too much during the event!

The only critique I have is that the space in the venue changed a lot in the 6-months between signing the contract and our event. While we knew renovations would be occurring, several walls were put up to accommodate a future tasting room that cut out some significant square footage for guests to mingle during cocktail hour. The renovations also took away two downstairs bathrooms leaving one unisex bathroom downstairs and one upstairs, this was difficult for a few of our elderly relatives to maneuver and met there were several people waiting in line at times. We should have considered these things when we were deciding on a venue, so this is not Domenico's fault. It also didn't impact how much we enjoyed ourselves. I just want to make sure others are aware of these potential limitations.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Domenico Winery's reply:

Thanks, Lauren! We are building out new multi-stall bathrooms which will be done by the end of this year, so future brides don't need to fret about guests waiting in line. We appreciate your flexibility and trusting us while we began our renovations. We wish you, Chris, and Miles the dog all the best!

Aman · Married on 05/26/2018

3.0

We had our reception at this venue in May 2018. It was a great venue and we had a very good experience working with Marina and Leah. Any concerns we had it was very easy to address with them. Thank you again ladies, we appreciate it!