Dolly Couture Bridal Reviews

Dolly Couture Bridal 1
Dolly Couture Bridal 2
Dolly Couture Bridal 3

Kari · Married on 10/22/2017

Such a wonderful experience!! Merrie is incredible at helping you make the dress of your dreams! I wanted a very specific dress and struggled to figure out what it would look like, she was so patience and accommodating. Any thing I hinted at liking she jumped on and showed me how it could happen. The best part was that it didn't break the bank at all! I had tried to make at other places near Ventura and they turned me away because my price point was too low. I am glad they did. I got to design my own perfect dress for less than $1500

Sent on 07/12/2017

Dolly Couture Bridal's reply:

kari, thank you so much for the wonderful review. i truly enjoyed working with you and wish you all the best - xoxo

Cynthia · Married on 09/24/2016

I loved my dress! It was gorgeous, so well made--truly a work of art--and it fit perfectly. The staff that helped me at Dolly Couture New York made the whole process easy. Thank you so much! I felt so beautiful wearing the dress--wish I had another occasion to wear it again!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Dolly Couture Bridal's reply:

thank you for the kind words. i'm so pleased you had a 5 star experience with us. i agree, you should really wear it again (& again) - maybe every anniversary:) wishing you all the best & thanks for being a DCB! xoxo merrie

Samantha · Married on 06/03/2016

There is nothing bad to say about Dolly Couture! I worked with Merrie on the ordering process, she was responsive and excited for me - worked with me on my very special dress with two skirts in BLUE. I felt the price was wonderful, and better than any for a custom dress. The dress required minimal alterations as well!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Dolly Couture Bridal's reply:

Samantha, Thank you so much. I am really quite appreciative of the wonderful review. I'm so glad your experience was 5 star worthy. It means so much to me that you were willing to share it with brides to be and hopefully, future Dolly Couture Brides. Wishing you all the best and again my sincere thanks, merrie

Sarah · Married on 11/21/2015

I found Dolly Couture online by chance while searching for tea length wedding dresses. I seriously fell in love with the retro style of the dresses and saw they had location in Los Angeles to try them on. I'm from California so off I went to drag my parents to Dolly's and try on dresses. Expecting to be going to a storefront, I was actually surprised to be going to Dolly's house! That was actually a lot more comfortable and intimate. My dress fitting assistance, Yasmine, was very sweet and down to earth and helped me feel relaxed. Dolly was actually there briefly and it was fun talking with her about the dresses and different styles.

We were in and out the door in under 45 mins flat- no joke. I had chosen 3 styles prior to going in this order: Walnut Creek, Avila Bay, and Cambridge. I tried each dress on and fell in love with Cambridge. I said "yes to the dress" in 15 mins, hahaha. We all agreed it was very flattering and I felt like a bride. Yasmine measured me and I was able to order and pay for my dress right then.

My dress showed up sooner than expected and it was so beautiful! I had it taken in and fitted to me like a glove and I received sooooooo many compliments on it. I am still so pleased with it and would recommend Dolly to any bride looking for a less "traditional" but uniquely beautiful wedding dress.

I just received my dress last week and I could not be happier with the results! I ended up customizing my dress with a different color than their standard fabrics. I visited the Los Angeles showroom and was enthusiastically assisted by Dolly herself. My experience with Dolly was wonderful! She was so patient and answered my many questions and helped me choose the perfect dress. I had been on the fence with going the traditional long gown route, or going with a short dress. Coming to Dolly Couture absolutely confirmed that I wanted a short wedding dress. I love that my alterations (if any) will be minimal - after hearing so many horror stories from friends, I was worried that I might end up spending nearly the same amount on alterations as I did on the dress itself. This is not the case with Dolly Couture - my dress fits like a dream! Abby was also very helpful in the ordering process. She responded to my emails quickly and listened to my questions and concerns as I was making my final design decisions. They were even running a promotion and I got $100 off my dress. I highly recommend Dolly, Abby, and the entire Dolly Couture team! If you are looking for an affordable, beautiful, and unique short wedding dress, this is the place to go!

Ruth · Married on 07/25/2015

The staff at Dolly Couture guided me and my dear friend in designing my wedding gown. It was a wonderful experience. From the first moment we happened upon the look, I was overjoyed -- surprisingly moved to tears. Everyone was completely attentive at responding to my inquiries along the way. Abby put me in touch with an AMAZING seamstress for additional design tweaks and fitting. I felt so cared for. And as for the dress, I can honestly say I've never felt so beautiful, happy and comfortable in a garment, ever. Thank you, Dolly Couture!

ChristieLyn · Married on 06/13/2015

I knew I wanted a vintage style dress, but it's often hard to find one in my size. When I found Dolly Couture online I knew this would be a hit! Honestly, I didn't even bother looking at any other dress shops. I made an appointment to visit the NYC showroom and with the help of the saleswoman and two of my friends I was able to design a custom dress based off of two different dresses. I fondly remember asking, "Can I have pockets?" and she said, "You can have anything you want!" They were so accommodating, and the price was right. Less than $1,000 for a beautiful, custom made dress that is unlike any other! Shipping time was estimated at 8-12 weeks, and it arrived 8 weeks after ordering. So excited to wear it on my big day!

Meghan · Married on 06/13/2015

I wore a custom Dolly dress at my wedding and couldn't have been happier with my experience! I met with Yvette at the NYC location a year before my wedding. I thought that I knew exactly what I wanted, but Yvette helped me pick out something so much better for my form and coloring. I knew that I wanted a tea length tulle skirt, so Yvette had me try on several dresses with different bodice shapes until we found the perfect combination. I went with the sleeveless Beverlywood bodice with a slightly deeper neckline, v-back, and functioning buttons, and the moon river tulle skirt with a peach chiffon petticoat. After picking out the components, I worked with Abby via email to work out the details and received a sketch in no time! When I received my dress, there was a sewing error (petticoat was attached inside out so you could see the color through the tulle). Abby responded to me immediately (it was 7:30 on a Friday night), sent me a shipping label, and had it returned to me in perfect condition in 2 weeks. She was amazing, and the definition of excellent customer service. Since I ordered the dress with my measurements, it fit perfectly as soon as it arrived. The only alterations I made were to shorten the straps as I have a short torso. The dress was absolutely stunning and so unique. I've received so many compliments on it! I'll admit, ordering a wedding dress this way probably isn't for the faint of heart since I didn't get to see the finished product until it was in my hands, but it was so worth it! It was the perfect expression of my style and so flattering. I'd highly recommend getting the custom petticoat. They have tons of colors to chose from, and having the hidden pop of color was really fun (and made for great photos!).

Cindy · Married on 05/18/2015

We decided to elope to Las Vegas and being a curvy girl I knew I wanted a vintage looking dress. I found the Dolly website and simply fell in love with all the dresses. I made an appointment and met Yvette at the NYC studio, she was and absolute DOLL to work with. I went in wanting the "Beverlywood" and Yvette suggested I try the "Avila Bay". When I put it on I knew, this was my dress. It came and I only needed to make on slight adjustment to the sleeves. I have to say for a curvy girl I felt beautiful. We came back from Las Vegas and decided to have a party (family decided really) and I wore my dress again. Everyone told me how beautiful the dress was and how beautiful I was in it. Thank you Dolly and Yvette, you make us curvy girls love ourselves on our special day when the rest make us feel ashamed with our curves...xoxoxo

I was able to go into the Burbank shop and they were so helpful. I went with an idea of which dress I wanted to get and walked out with a completely different dress it was great. I love my dress it matched my style perfectly. I got married on November 1st and I'm still getting compliments today. Love this shop

• Heather A

Heather · Married on 09/01/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Dolly Couture. I fell in love with their dresses online and knew I needed to try them on. My bridesmaids and I took a 5 hour road trip to go to the NYC Dolly location. When we got there we were greeted by Yvette who couldn't have been nicer. She helped me try on every dress in the store as well as tell me about different things I could do with the dresses like add of subtract tulle. In the end I ended up with a completely different dress than anything I had pictured myself buying from looking at the website before my appointment. It is literally the perfect dress for me. When I finally made my decision of which dress I wanted Yvette told me to wait to order because she really wanted me to love what I was getting and didn't want me to feel any pressure to buy a Dolly dress. I thought that was a nice touch

A few days later when I was ready to order Montana emailed me all my measurements and sent me pictures of the different color sashes I could order for my dress. She made it extremely easy. I placed my order and was told there would be a 12 week time frame to get my dress....which seeing as I was having two dresses combined into one custom design seemed like a reasonable wait time. However, within 4 weeks I ha a big dolly couture box on my door step. My dress fit me like a glove and I couldn't be happier. It really is the perfect dress and the perfect shopping experience with Dolly couture.

Stefanie · Married on 06/21/2014

Words cannot express how grateful I am to all of the Dolly Couture staff for being amazing and for Dolly's vision in creating the most amazing short dresses. Yvette was a total gas to work with. She made the drive to NYC 100% worth it.

I got bullied by family into a traditional dress that I did not love that came from a local dress maker. I was fat shamed through the whole process and they failed to deliver on the alterations they had promised/swore up and down they could do, after I had given them an ultimatum on refunding me or alter the hell out of the dress. I'm a very curvy hourglass shape, but by no means fat At my 'final' fitting, the damn thing didn't even zip up a week before the wedding, after I had lost 10 lbs and it had zipped previously. They had to have taken it in by 2 inches instead of letting it out. With 2 weeks to go to my wedding I was freaking out.
    I broke out into crazy stress hives all over my hands, feet and scalp. My hair started to fall out from the stress. I left the dress shop and cried in my car for 20 minutes in a near by parking lot, while on the phone with my fiancée (now husband).

My bridemaids, MOH and I blew up the Dolly Couture phones and email. Abby was able to help a desperate bride out with an Off the Rack dress (that hadn't even been listed on their website yet). She gave me a discount on top of reduced price of the dress because I had been so abused at the other dress shop. I took it to a local tailor to have the sleeves removed and cinched in a little tighter in the bust and I looked amazing. I was so happy, I cried when I finally put it on after the alterations were done.

Abby you saved my wedding and DAMN I LOOKED GOOD! Everyone was blown away by how stunning the dress is! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I am positively in love with my wedding dress. I always knew that I wanted a 50's era, tea length dress with fun, sophistication and flair - and when I literally stumbled upon the Dolly Couture website - it was as if I found oasis in the desert. Yvette and Montana in the NYC showroom and sales office were perfection. They answered my every question, need or curiosity about purchasing such a meaningful dress. Yvette was kind, a great listener, and delightful. She made sure that I had every opportunity to explore all options. When my dress arrived and I tried it on, I couldn't stop dancing around in my room! It was so comfortable and a perfect fit for this dancer's soul. I only wish I could wear it everyday, it is my dream come true dress. Thank you, Yvette, Montana and all at Dolly Couture!

I ordered my dress (The Cambridge) one month ago, with some custom measurements, and Abby was extraordinarily helpful to me over email. I had a million questions. She was truly a customer service star! I think we exchanged soemthing like 14 emails in one day, and to an anxious bride-to-be, that meant the world. Well they told me to expect the dress in 8 to 12 weeks, but it just arrived today, only 4 weeks later! I have not tried it on yet, because for some reason, I am afraid to do so. Is that weird? I'm afraid that I will snag it, or discolor it, or something. But I can tell you that the quality of the fabric is superb, and the dress is absolutely darling. It arrived inside a very nice garment bag, with an adorable pink polka dot bow tied around the hanger. I had it shipped to my office, and my co-workers are all oohing and aahing over it. I suppose I will gather up the courage to try it on soon, and if I have any changes to my opinion of Dolly Couture, I will write again. But somehow I doubt my opinion will be any less :)

• GingerTabby

Maddy · Married on 04/12/2014

I love my Dolly dress! I wanted a cocktail length gown that was high quality, but still affordable and Dolly delivered. I just chose one of their basic designs (the Santa Anita) instead of getting anything custom made. The dress they sent was simple, but still beautiful. I did have to get it let out a bit because it pinched under the armpits, but it was an easy alteration. Since I was buying a gown without ever trying it on I didn't expect it to fit perfectly, though.

Rita · Married on 04/12/2014

I saw Dolly online and fell in love with the dresses! I was not only having a 1950s style wedding but I was having a hell of a time finding a flattering dress! I'm 4'11, have a large chest, I'm curvy...and the bridal stores weren't cutting it! Their long dresses looked awful, they all seemed to be strapless...the short dresses looked ridiculous...the quality was terrible...I was having ZERO fun shopping.

So I grabbed my sister and we went on a road trip to NYC (from VA) and visited the showroom. It was a GREAT experience. I felt that I was being heard and they had plenty of dresses for me to try on THAT FIT. I expressed concerns about a few of the features of the dress I wanted and they handled those with the best suggestions. My dress was made to to my specifications and I got it in SIX WEEKS. I didn't even need to alter it! It was a perfect fit!

I get comments on my dress ALL of the time...everyone said they had never seen anything like it and I agree...it made me feel so amazing on my day.

I just love Dolly!

Run don't walk to Dolly Couture if you are thinking about a cocktail style retro dress!!! I can't put into words how amazing my experience was with them. Montana was so friendly and helpful..my dress got in earlier than expected and I was able to add pockets to my design :)

Dolly Couture made the PERFECT dress for me.

The day before I visited Dolly Couture's NY showroom - I had literally run out of another bridal shop. The owner there kept showing me poofier and poofier dedazzled dresses and after I said I'm looking for a vintage style dress she said - let me go into the back, I know I have some "outdated" dresses. Eeeekk! I ran.

The next day I visited with Yvette at the Dolly Couture NY Showroom. What a dream! I had looked through the dresses on dollycouture.com and had a short list of styles I wanted to try. All of them were just gorgeous in real life. But actually at the end of my short list, Yvette asked if she could put me in a dress she thought would look good. I had seen the dress on the website but didn't think anything of it. Well - it was PERFECT! Yvette was right! And that was my wedding dress! Not only does Dolly Couture offer gorgeous vintage style dresses, but you can also customize the styles! I was thinking about adding lace cap sleeves. Yvette took notes and sent them off and the next day I had drawings of the dress I requested!

I did have follow up questions and Montana and the staff at Dolly Couture were very responsive and quick - answering my last minute panic questions (because you do panic about every little thing) with complete care, patience, and enthusiasm.

And the dress! Well it was just gorgeous, special, and so finely crafted. And actually they took my measurements so well that the dress needed no adjustments whatsoever. It arrived perfect!

Everything with Dolly Couture was just perfect.

Pamela · Married on 09/07/2013

I loved my Dolly Couture dress! After finding the online store via Pinterest I visited the Tarzana location to try on dresses. I was pretty confident that I would find my dress there since very few other dress designers do the 50's-style, tea-length dresses I was looking for, but I just fell in love with the Avila Bay as soon as I put it on. Our wonderful helper at the store was able to recommend a few tweaks to the design of the dress to make it fit me perfectly. The dress arrived quickly and in perfect condition. It was very well constructed and the fabric/workmanship was of excellent quality. I received so many compliments from my guests on the day of my wedding. I can't imagine a more perfect dress!

I had a winter Australian wedding and after walking up, down, in, around and all over the streets of Sydney, 30 odd shops later not only did I drive my sister mad, but I was unable to find ANYTHING that was "me" OR "wintery" OR anything under $3000. After this massive let down I hesitantly ventured online and found Dolly and her perfect dresses. I wanted all of them. But I settled on the Cambridge with its classic, elegantly timeless design. I cannot heap enough praise on Abby who dealt with all my emails! She was friendly and professional but most of all, made the whole experience stress free and made sure all bases were covered to ensure I got exactly what I was expecting with my added personal touches and customisations, Abby did be sure to let me know that while the dress makers go with your specifications, it's always a good idea to have a quality dress maker on standby at home to just make any final just in case adjustments (basically in lieu of a "final fitting" if you were to get your dress from an ordinary bridal store). Her good advice came in handy when my sleeves were a touch too big around my arms, I had them adjusted in no time and at very little cost - the rest of my dress fit like an absolute dream. Not bad for 10000 miles away! My dress was beautiful quality and my dress maker couldn't believe I'd ordered her online - apparently other online retailers aren't quite as reputable! It arrived exactly when I was told it would and was packaged beautifully. I have been so impressed by the quality of product and service (nothing is a problem or hassle!) that I would recommend Dolly to anyone!

Kari · Married on 08/10/2013

Dolly Couture provided an outstanding service experience for me. I was very unsure of what I wanted in a wedding dress and struggled throughout the whole process. Initially, I wanted a fully custom design, so I was given a sketch of the dress and went with that. Then I visited the NYC showroom and changed my mind in that I wanted a combination of two of their existing styles. When the custom dress arrived I had some concerns and was able to send it back for adjustments. Once I made it to the day of my wedding, I was overjoyed! It was exactly what I asked for and the anxiety just cleared away.

I was a crazy bride when it came to my dress, and I owe it to Dolly for saving my sanity! Thank you Dolly for having outstanding service and products that stand above the norm!

Jessica · Married on 07/04/2013

Loved my Polka Dot Dress! I had a great time at the Dolly Couture showroom in New York City and loved the dress. Yvette was very helpful and made sure I left with all the information I needed to order/customize the dress exactly the way I wanted it. I highly recommend Dolly Couture if you want a short, reasonably priced wedding dress.

Karen · Married on 06/15/2013

They were absolutely WONDERFUL to deal with and have an AMAZING selection of fun, vintage, flirty (and affordable!) dresses. The staff was very accommodating and they are very willing to modify their dresses for a custom order for very little extra. Dress was delivered on time and fit perfectly. I would absolutely recommend them to any bride looking for a dress that's a little different!

Maggie · Married on 06/08/2013

Buying my dress was the easiest part of getting married. After trying on a few long dresses that were too formal (and would have dragged in the dirt) for my outdoor wedding in the mountains, I decided to go for a 1950's style cocktail length dress. Dolly Couture provided a fun consultation in Manhattan for me, my mom and my husband's mom. I fit into one of their standard sizes, but I asked for some custom alterations (the neckline of one standard dress with the skirt of another standard dress.) The dress arrived in the mail from Asia six weeks later (I was expecting it to take at least two months) and looked exactly like I wanted it to look. It didn't even require any alterations when I got married ten months later.

So glad I stumbled across Dolly Couture's website in my wedding dress hunt! They made me a perfectly fun tea-length dress for my summer wedding! Before visiting the California store (I live in NM) - Nicole Scates worked with me in coming up with various designs. I finally was able to visit the store and am so glad I did because what I thought I wanted ended up not looking quite as I had envisioned and I found an even more perfect dress. The only downfall was because I didn't live in CA I had to find a seamstress in town for my alterations - but that wasn't so bad. All in all Dolly Couture was super easy and pleasant to work with and I was extremely happy with my dress!