Dolled Up By Lulu Reviews

Dolled Up By Lulu 2
Dolled Up By Lulu 3
Dolled Up By Lulu 4

Sabena · Married on 09/16/2017

Our wedding planner recommended Lulu, and she was AMAZING. I have never felt as relaxed, confident, and dolled up as I did working with Lulu. Like many mentioned, book her ASAP because she is in high demand. I had her assistant Janet for my first day (she was also super nice!) and Lulu for my second and third looks on my second day.

At the trial, Lulu knew exactly what she was doing - I showed her a few inspiration photos and she completely exceeded my expectations. She creates the look YOU want, and she does so effortlessly. I had hair pieces for two of my looks, and she put them in without stabbing my head or using a million bobby pins. Despite having a full face, hair extensions and 2 hours of work done, my face never felt cakey or heavy and my hair felt light and easy to move in around in.

Besides doing stunning makeup and hair, Lulu and Janet are easy going, sweet, and friendly people. When you spend 6-8 hours with a person, you want to make sure you get along. She was incredible and made me feel like a bride all throughout the wedding.

Dolled Up By Lulu 5
    Dolled Up By Lulu 6
    Dolled Up By Lulu 7
    Dolled Up By Lulu 8
    Sent on 09/29/2017

Kristina · Married on 06/19/2016

I am so happy to be leaving this spectacular review, on one of the most talented makeup artists in southern CA. Lulu is a gem, and I owe some of my happiness on my wedding day to her :P

My wedding coordinator recommended this beautiful artist early on in our relationship. My wedding coordinator was 100% correct: Lulu is professional, gets booked quickly, and is SO VERY GOOD at what she does. Lulu will listen to you and do whatever it is that makes you feel happy.
    I loved how she listened to my vision of how I wanted to look on my wedding day, hair down, natural, glamorous: I wanted to be recognizable but beautiful. She did al that and more.

Pros: Effortless. She does amazing looks, both makeup and hair, with no sweat. She does not panic , does not stumble, and smiles her way through the session.
    Friendly: Lulu is so personable, and it was really a joy getting to chat with her when we did our mock hair and makeup trial. She recommends products very well, and even told me which extensions are good. These make the difference in pictures and in quality-my hair looked amazing that day.
    Quality: I had my wedding early this summer, but I still get compliments about how beautiful my makeup was. All my guests said I looked like I was glowing: not too cakey but a natural beauty was enhanced. She will give you that perfect glam factor because of her experience and taste.

In short, this girl is a diamond=get her and you will be 100% happy with her and your event.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Bhoomi · Married on 05/28/2016

Lulu is a makeup magician!!! I made sure to book her the second I got engaged because I didn't want to get my hair and makeup done by anyone else! She is such a sweetheart and her makeup and hair skills are just on another level. She is very quick and efficient and got me ready on time for every event. I love her work and would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Loved working with Lulu and Linh! Lulu was not available on my wedding day, so she did my engagement shoot hair and make up and it was great! Linh did my trials, pre-wedding events and wedding and reception hair and makeup! I absolutely love her :) She did an amazing job on me, my mom and my sister during the wedding weekend. The team she brought along were on time and professional and fun to work with. Their team also made my bridesmaids look amazing! We loved it!

Sent on 10/06/2015

LULU is absolutely amazing. She did my hair and makeup for my wedding and I looked fabulous. She is a makeup artist who used high quality makeup too. She is so humble, friendly, professional, outgoing, and nice! She is the number one person who I would recommend for any makeup/hair occasion.

Sent on 04/01/2014

Krunal · Married on 01/04/2014

She made me feel and look so beautiful. She really listened to me and my comfort zone. In the end, she did such a great job and so much fun to be around!!

Sent on 03/31/2014

Julie · Married on 12/31/2013

Lulu is absolutely amazing!!! She did not only do my makeup, but all of my bridesmaids AND my mothers on the day of my wedding! Originally, she had set a timeframe for 3 girls (the rest opted to do their own makeup) but once they saw what a beautiful job Lulu does, they all wanted there's done too! Lulu was so kind and flexible, she squeezed all the girls in and still even assisted with hair!! She is beyond talented and such a sweet girl!! Anyone would be lucky to work with her! Thanks again Lulu!

Sent on 04/01/2014

Giulianna · Married on 06/02/2012

I found Lulu while searching wedding blogs for inspiration! Lulu does all different kinds of weddings from all different cultures!!! I was having the hardest time deciding on a hairstyle for my dress! Lulu was very sweet and extremely patient with this little bridezilla! We had a meet and greet where she just played with my hair for about two hours trying to get a feel for my hair and ideas for my special day! On the actual wedding day, she brought out an assistant to focus on my bridal party and she just worked on me! Extra special attention was paid to my mother, who was walking me down the aisle! My hair came out WONDERFUL!! Great in pictures! AND MY MOTHER WAS COMPLETELY TRANSFORMED!! She looked STUNNING!

THANK YOU LULU!!

Sent on 06/07/2012

Sima · Married on 01/28/2012

LuLu was my favorite wedding vendor and does an absolutely amazing job with Hair and makeup. I had a few trials with other makeup artists and none of them compared to Lulu. Not only does she do the best hair and makeup but she is a pleasure to work with. It is very important to be around someone that is positive and sweet especially since you spend so much time with this person on your wedding day. I refer everyone to LuLu since she is simply the best. Thank you for everything!!!!

Sent on 06/03/2013
  • nina

nina · Married on 08/13/2011

Lulu did my make up along with the 2 moms, sister and sister-in-law. I've gone to Lulu before for other events and as soon as I got engaged, I knew she would be the perfect person to be my make up artist. She did an amazing job with everyone!!! My dad even told my mom that she looked so beautiful, he wanted to marry her again :)

All our make up was perfect all throughout the day and we're big on crying. During my reception, I was surprised with a video from my family in the Philippines. As soon as it showed my grandma (the one person I really wish could be there, but couldn't due to her sickness), I cried like a baby. We're talking about a napkin drenched in tears, full on sobbing and shaking, ugly type of cry. As soon as the video was over, I went to the bridal room to fix my make up, but there was nothing to be fixed!!! Well my nose needed a little powder from rubbing it on a napkin so much, but even if I didn't powder it, no one would've noticed!

Lulu is the best of the best! She made me and the rest of the other women look and feel beautiful! LOVE HER!!!!

Sent on 08/31/2011

Lulu is an amazing hair and makeup artist! She brings out the hidden beauty in everyone. Lulu has so much experience which allows her to work in a limited time between events. Would highly recommend her for all of your big events!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Jennifer · Married on 11/04/2017

I was able to experience Lulu's expertise 3 times (my trial, engagement pictures, and finally my wedding day). Lulu is such a sweet person, there is absolutely nothing bad I can say about her. She was very flexible, professional, and amazing at what she does. Her team was also amazing, my bridesmaids and mothers looked phenomenal. She was very easy to work with, and was able to create the look I was envisioning with my hair and makeup. Thank you to Lulu and her team, would highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/28/2017