Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design Reviews

Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design 6
Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design 7

Lee Sommerman · Getting married on 07/09/2020

Excellent Experience handing a Large Party

Dolce Amica managed a large 500+ person corporate party for use with over 10 different vendors. The event was a big success and the event ran without issue, very professional.

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Angela

Angela Wiesmore · Getting married on 07/09/2020

Planning at its finest!

The LeChase team is grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Karen Hite, Dolce Amica, in the planning of our 75th Anniversary. Karen came in with an open mind and positive attitude, in an effort to make our celebration the way we envisioned it. We came to the table with vendors we wanted to use and she suggested her preferred vendors, together the mix of the two made for an epic event! Karen took care of coordinating vendor meetings and making sure everything was in order. She was a responsive and kept us up to date every step of the way. Karen was also on hand the day of our event, making sure everything was running smoothly. The event was extremely organized and all the details were well coordinated.
    We've had so many compliments on how much fun and creative our event was!
    Dolce Amica comes highly recommended from us. We hope to engage with her in the future.

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • · Married on 10/05/2019

Our Wedding

Karen,

Thank you for everything. I can't remember if I told you, but I was a wedding photographer for around 15-years (Jim, our photographer, used to work with me). Of all the weddings I have photographed or attended, this was by the far the most smooth. Lisa and I had a great time and it was exactly what we wanted. Planning an East Coast wedding while living on the West Coast is tough, but you made it hassle free!

Brady

Sent on 10/18/2019

Sue Howard · Married on 07/21/2019

Perfect Wedding

We hired the team.at Dolce Amucs and they took care of each and every detail you can imagine. We had one od the hottest days and Karen made sure.bottled water was iced and waiting for us after the ceremony. We would have all melted. We never had to ask for anything. Karen and Rachel were there for all of our needs. Hire a planner. And hire Dolce Amica!!!!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Christina Minesce · Married on 02/15/2019

Wintergarden Wedding

We could not have fulfilled our dreams without the Dolce Amica Team!!! They were amazing and made everything run so smoothly through the entire day! I was not sure if I even needed an event planner, but once we met Karen, we knew we had to hire her and her team!! Our wedding was absolutely perfect! If I could give a thousand stars I would!!!

Sent on 08/29/2019
    Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design 8

Jacqui · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly Recommended: Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design

Karen went above and beyond anything we had ever dreamed of to make our day special and one-of-a-kind. She was always available to discuss our ideas for our wedding with us and our families and exceeded every expectation we had! Without her, our destination, Finger Lake dream wedding would honestly not have been possible.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Mandy · Married on 08/18/2018

With our daughter living in California and our family in downstate New York, we knew our desire to hold a vineyard wedding in the Finger Lakes required the full services of an experienced and knowledgeable event planner. Karen's recommendations and strong relationships with top-tier vendors were instrumental in making this vision a reality. When inclement weather forced changes to the ceremony site at the last moment, Karen was unflappable, coordinating a solution that worked beautifully. The wedding day events flowed seamlessly, with the Dolce Amica team working behind the scenes to ensure all details were executed without a hitch. We received many compliments from our guests about the relaxed yet elegant atmosphere, beautiful florals, table designs, service and unique details. Karen's priority throughout the planning process was a focus on creating the wedding our daughter and fiancé envisioned. Her personal attention and responsiveness ensured that all enjoyed the day from beginning to end. Thank you to Karen and the Dolce Amica team for helping us plan a beautiful and memorable wedding!

Sent on 08/27/2018
    Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design 13
    Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design 14
    Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design 15

Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design's reply:

Thanks so much Mandy for this kind review. Everyone should have a MOM like you, you were amazing to work with!

Karen · Married on 06/23/2018

We hired Karen Hite (Dolce Amica) as our day of wedding cooridinator and we could not be happier with her service! Each time we met with her prior to the wedding she was organized and confident. Karen's patience helped both my daughter (the bride) and myself stay calm during the planning process. Karen worked closely with the bride and groom - she was efficient and always returned phone calls and e-mails quickly. She was an angel in disguise when some of our plans needed to be changed on the day of the wedding due to rain!! She was at our wedding site at 11:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m., when her assistant took over, but then checked in at midnight to make sure all was going well at the after party which she helped with. No wedding should be without Karen Hite and Dolce Amica!!!!

Sent on 06/28/2018

David · Married on 11/18/2017

Coming from Colorado we needed to find an event planner who would know exactly what our vision was and who would be able to communicate from afar. We landed on Karen from Dolce Amica. She not only had the entire day coordinated she also went and did our tasting for us. She chose the the food for our reception and it was all outstanding. It took a lot of trust to have someone take that responsibility. She was beyond professional and knowledgeable about all aspects of coordinating a wedding. We cannot thank Karen enough for helping make our daughter's wedding the most special day for all of us.

Sent on 12/30/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/21/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Karen at Dolce amica event planning. She helped make my dream wedding come true. She was on top of things and was my voice with vendors and the venue. The day of my wedding went flawlessly. I enjoyed working with Karen and HIGHLY recommend her for any event or wedding.

Sent on 10/31/2017
    Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design 16

Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design's reply:

Thanks so much Rachel, it was an honor to be a part of your special day!!!

Andy · Married on 10/21/2017

When we looked into hiring a wedding planner my bride and I wanted the best and Karen at Dolce Amica Event Planning is the best. She stands behind everyone and everything she suggests. To her this isn’t just a paycheck it is something she loves and is passionate about and it shows.

Wedding planning can be incredible stressful and Karen made the planning and the day feel as stress free as possible.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design's reply:

Thanks so much Andy for your kind word and beautiful note!!!

Leslie · Married on 09/30/2017

We hired Karen to do our day of coordination. Our venue was a restaurant space which she transformed I to a gorgeous wedding venue. Karen made sure all vendors were on point and that the day ran completely with no snags. If you want someone with true organization and an eye for decor among all her attributes hire Dolce Amica Event Planning. Karen will truly make your day one to remember!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Maria · Married on 09/02/2016

So professional and works within your budget. Truly made my event spectacular!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Thanks so much!!

Patrick · Married on 06/17/2016

It is one thing for someone to be an Event Planner, but it is another thing for someone to also become your confidant and negotiator. That is exactly what Karen did for us. She helped my bride and I plan our wedding on a budget and still make our dreams come true with gorgeous décor and attention to detail. We cannot thank her enough. For anyone who is planning a wedding and has a strict budget....GO TO KAREN!!! She works with you and truly cares about your wants and needs! She took the stress out of all the planning for us and our family!!!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design's reply:

It was such a pleasure being part of your special day! Thanks for your kind words!

Jessica · Married on 05/29/2016

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I cannot say enough good things about Karen. We hired Karen as our day-of-wedding coordinator/planner since we were hosting the ceremony and cocktail hour at my in-laws home. Karen was beyond helpful and there is no way we would have been able to pull off this event without her and her staff. We met and spoke with Karen on numerous occasions so that she could organize and prepare for the perfect day. However, she went above and beyond and even ended up being somewhat of a personal advocate for us when we had issues with our reception venue. When you hire Karen you get way more than you ever expected.
    Karen arrived the day before the wedding to set up and to help us run through the rehearsal. The day of she was at the house hours early to finish setting up and preparing herself for the day. Her staff arrived and then they all got straight to work, too. Unfortunately, right after the ceremony we had a major downpour of rain and although Karen had set up a beautiful spread of food and drinks, all our guests were stuck in the tent. That didn't stop Karen and her crew. Karen immediately filled trays with food and drinks and the staff started personally serving the guests in the tent. By the end of the hour her poor staff were soaked through and through but every single one of them still had a smile on their face. They were so professional and polite. After the cocktail party ended we all left and went to the reception but when we returned home that evening the place was spotless. Again, I cannot say enough good things about Karen and Dolce Amica, all I can say is when you hire her you will understand why I can say with 100% confidence that you will not be disappointed. AMAZING!!!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design's reply:

Rain, Wind or Snow would not have kept us away from this beautiful day! Thank you so much for allowing us to come into your beautiful Lake Home and help to make this day one to remember!

Louis · Married on 09/26/2015

Karen was an amazing event planner. She took our ideas and turned them into the amazing reality that was our wedding day. She guided us through the whole process keeping the budget that we gave her in mind. The connections she has saved us thousands of dollars. My wife and I would use Karen again in a heartbeat to plan any future events we might have!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design's reply:

So much fun! We loved doing this wedding at Heron Hill....what a beautiful venue with wonderful family and friends!

Jenn · Married on 09/26/2015

Karen is filled with great ideas. She is professional and very easy to work with. I look forward to working with her again in the near future!

Thanks Jenn!

Karen was very professional, accommodating and had many good ideas for our event.

Thank You!!!

Brittany · Married on 08/01/2015

I highly recommend Dolce Amica event planning and Design to plan your wedding. She will go above and beyond to make your day as special as it can possibly be! She takes all the stress and preasure away so you are able to enjoy the planning process.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design's reply:

It was a thrill to work on your wedding! Being my niece and my friend made this a very special day for me!!

Marychris · event on 07/12/2015

Karen is GREAT! Her creativity coupled with her professionalism and her knowledge of the event planning industry makes her my "go to girl" for events. I don't want to forget to mention that she's easy and fun to work with. Karen will do her best to make your dreams come true.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Karen Hite's combination of skill, experience and dedication make her an expert in Event Logistics, Planning and Execution. She is passionate about what she does and has endless amounts of creative energy. Her goal is always perfection and is very detail-oriented. She is easy to work with and will exceed your expectations!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design's reply:

Thank you so much for my review!!!!

Amy · Married on 06/06/2015

We are so grateful for having the opportunity to work with Karen Hite. She helped us plan a beautiful surprise 50th birthday party and our daughter's college graduation party.
    She is so very talented, creative and professional. Everyone had a wonderful time at both events and we highly recommend Dolce Amica Event!!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Thanks so much!

Michael · Married on 05/14/2015

Karen and crew do an exceptional job - always above and beyond what is expected. My company has used Karen for a few events now - large tradeshows, lunches and much more. The quality of service has always been excellent. Karen is dots every I and crosses every T. Dolce Amica is a company that I will continue to use and certainly continue to recommend to colleagues.

Thank you Karen for a job always well done.

Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design's reply:

Thanks Mike...we love working with your company!!!

Dr. Jennifer · Married on 04/11/2015

Karen Hite single handedly catered my wedding, when she was promised a team of 10. she arranged everything last minute from table names to a broken bone at the end of the evening. She helped me right through. She worked for a place that did not recognize her talents, couth or reliability. She was undervalued certainly. She made my wedding very special. Everyone bragged about the service, but what they never realized is that without Karen finding us the staffing we needed and pouring champagne while clearing dessert - my wedding would have been typical instead of the memorable experience it was~

Sent on 10/03/2015

Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design's reply:

Thanks so much for the review!!

Bobbi · Married on 09/19/2014

Karen’s talent is a gift!

I went to college with Karen’s daughter, so when she helped to plan & execute her daughters wedding, it was the first time I saw a glimpse of her capabilities... As a woman business owner following her passion, I often get overzealous about encouraging other woman to pursue their passions. I pretty much told her after every event that she should do this for a living & start her own business! So, when my husband & I got engaged, there was no question that she was going to help us execute our vision.

I did not want to become a crazy bride, and I feel that having a wedding planner was the most important part that made planning our special day actually enjoyable! Working with someone who respects & genuinely tries to understand your vision is key. I wanted to do a lot of DIY decorations, so even with her not being able to see (because they weren’t finished) she was able to incorporate my things and hers seamlessly. Seeing the tent all put together that day was a special moment for me. I got to enjoy all day getting pampered with my family & friends, including my mom, because Karen had it all under control. I was so happy when I saw it all come together for the first time!

Karen worked tirelessly from morning until late that night, making sure all the details were attended to, so we & our family members could just enjoy the festivities. Our big day would not have been as amazing as it was had it not been for her God given talents of putting together & executing events. We are forever grateful to her. Now the first piece of advice I give my friends who get engaged is to hire her!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Dolce Amica Event Planning & Design's reply:

Your words are so sweet and thoughtful.....Thank you so much, it was our honor to be part of your special day!