Dockside Strings Reviews

16 | Wilmington, NC

16 Reviews for Dockside Strings

Andrea · Married on 09/07/2018

Dockside strings were amazing. I got SOO many compliments on them from guests! Dan is so organized and professional. They played every song that I request for our wedding perfectly. I couldn't have asked for more and I am so grateful to of had them play for our wedding!
    I promise you won't regret choosing Dockside Strings for your wedding!

Sarah Kate · Married on 07/20/2018

I was so happy with Dockside Strings. They made my wedding truly amazing. I've had so many guests comment with how impressed they were and how much they loved the live music. It was everything I imagined and I would highly recommend them!

Courtney · Married on 09/24/2016

Dockside Strings was awesome! Although I only got to hear them play while walking down the aisle and from a distance during cocktail hour while we took pictures, we were told by many guests how beautiful they sounded! They were SO easy to work with and played exactly what I asked. Dan also sent us a great picture of the ceremony space afterwards. We highly recommend Dockside Strings!!

Kathleen · Married on 09/16/2016

We hired Dockside Strings to perform at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour - they were perfect! They were responsive and professional in the lead-up to our wedding, and their music on the day was absolutely beautiful - it really added depth to the event. They were also incredibly flexible and played a few of our, somewhat non-traditional requests, which was so much fun. Highly recommend.

The dockside strings made our ceremony dreams come true! Their music was just so beautiful. They even stuck around a little longer at no charge and played during our post ceremony photos with family. Working with them was so easy. They even sent us a sweet email after the wedding with a very cool photo of our set up and their violin! They are so talented, professional, and thoughtful!

• User6819636 · 2+ years ago

We wanted something special for our ceremony and they really added that! They were wonderful musicians and our music sounded great! Not only that, but they learned not one, but TWO songs for our ceremony!! There were so many special songs that I wanted and Dockside Strings allowed me to have all of them for my wedding. The song sounded so beautiful as I walked down the aisle and it brought tears to my Dad’s eyes first, then mine, then my groom’s. It really was a special moment with the most wonderful song. I’ll always think highly of Dockside Strings. They were so accommodating and professional. Thank you so much for making my ceremony and cocktail hour so wonderful!!

Ashley · Married on 01/09/2016

Dockside played such beautiful ceremony music at my wedding! Dan is very quick to respond through email, or however you choose to contact him. They had all the songs I requested already in their repertoire and hearing them played live on our special day was amazing. They were very professional, on time, and the guests loved them. Definitely recommend them!

Marna · Married on 10/08/2015

I hired Dockside Strings to perform at a reception for an anniversary. They were elegant and professional, punctual, and courteous. This ensemble was outstanding in every regard and the music was absolutely beautiful. Dockside Strings has the sound you might expect to find for an expensive price in a large city, but, fortunately, they are local and affordable.

Dockside strings did a wonderful job with my daughers wedding. They are
    easy to contact and they stay in tough and are extremely reliable.

Nick · Married on 07/18/2015

Dockside strings were an excellent choice for our wedding. They were extremely easy to work with, very professional, and provided excellent playing. We highly recommend them for any occasion.

Nancy · Married on 09/27/2014

Thank you so much for the beautiful music!! You were a joy to work with.

L · Married on 09/12/2014

Dockside Strings were fantastic. Dan, the group’s lead, was extremely professional and made the whole process a breeze. He responded to emails quickly and supported us throughout. For our processional and bridal entrance we asked for two songs that were not in Dockside Strings’ repertoire. Dan arranged the songs and they were perfect! He even sent us a recording of one of the songs so we could listen in advance.

On the day of the wedding we had to change venues at the last minute due to weather. Whilst we were getting everything re-arranged, Dockside Strings just set up and started playing to entertain our guests – they just took the initiative themselves, keep everything on track and all our guests were happily entertained while we were elsewhere. When we did get the alternative venue arranged, they moved location without any hassle. Aside from the outstanding music they were extremely pragmatic and professional. We are grateful for their initiative.

We cannot recommend Dockside Strings highly enough – they are excellent musicians and are great to work with!

• Allie

Allie · Married on 05/25/2014

We hired Dockside Strings to play our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. I was so busy I didn't even get to say hi to the musicians, but they were really good! We had a violin and viola duet who played the three ceremony songs I wanted beautifully. They have a lot of selections/samples on their website, and recommendations for the different parts of the ceremony. And, they played our cocktail hour, giving it a very classy touch. I highly recommend Dockside Strings. I was even able to hire them on short notice two weeks before the wedding, and it turned out perfectly!

Ashley · Married on 04/12/2014

This company was amazing to work with! They were always so responsive on emails. I wanted a specific song in the wedding that wasn't on their repertoire and they learned it for me! Now that's good customer service. They added such a nice touch to our ceremony and they played beautifully. I definitely would recommend them to anyone!

Sara · Married on 05/23/2013

A pleasure to work with, there music is amazing to hear. Dan and his crew did such a wonderful job creating the perfect mood for our wedding. I would definitely recommend them to any and everyone who needed a violinist. Im happy to have had you all be a part of our special day.

Maria · Married on 08/18/2012

I had Dockside Strings play for my wedding ceremony in Surf City, and they were great! Dan was so professional, he helped me with choosing the right songs before the wedding. And on our big day, the group arrived with plenty of time to set-up and make sure that everything went off without a hitch.

I received a lot of compliments from family and guests about having live classical music at my wedding. With so many other things on my mind, I really appreciated the fact that they knew what they were doing. They were amazing, and I would recommend Dockside Strings to anyone looking for a string quartet for their wedding.