DNA Entertainment Reviews

DNA Entertainment 3
  • Gigi

Gigi O'connor · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Excellent experience

David delivered exactly what we had in mind with enthusiasm and professionalism. It is evident he enjoys his job and contributing to couples' special day. I would highly recommend him for any special occasion.

Sent on 10/02/2019

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thank you GiGi! I'm so glad to have helped make your special day even more fun. The surprise mini-set from Al Kapone was awesome too! Best wishes to you and Bram.
  • Matt

Matt Littlejohn · Getting married on 12/10/2019

Stop searching for a DJ now!

David was more perfect than you could imagine. He showed up to our wedding on time and promptly began setup. He was incredibly professional and kind all night. David worked the crowd and exceeded any expectations that we could have ever had. He got video of our night, danced with us on the dance floor, and even handed out huge glow sticks to the people dancing that he brought to our reception himself! I could not recommend anyone more!

Sent on 10/18/2019

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Wow, thanks! I appreciate your kind words. Everything about your and Alex's Holly Springs wedding was so great. The outdoor ceremony was gorgeous. It was a honor to mix and blend the soundtrack of your wedding. Thank you for the trust. Best wishes to you both!
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 09/21/2019

David is the best!!

David can’t be beat! I’m so happy we chose him as our DJ! He kept the energy up the whole time and was SO easy to work with! Super friendly and great at keeping everyone entertained!

Sent on 09/27/2019

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Laura! I loved playing the soundtrack to your "21st night of September." You were great to work with and Maple Grove Farm was beautiful and professional as always. Best wishes to you and Josh - never was a cloudy day!
  • Steven

Steven Duncan · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing DJ with flawless customer service

We wanted a DJ who we could trust to deliver a flawless wedding and lively reception. David exceeded those expectation. He cared about our wedding just as much as we did. He assisted us in creating a timeline/schedule which was VERY helpful for us and everyone to stay on the same page. He was proactive and paid attention to all the small details. On the wedding day, many things can go wrong, but we never had to worry about the DJ because he was flawless. The reception was lively, and everyone had a great time. He easily took our impromptu song suggestions which really allowed us to enjoy the reception and be "in the moment". Would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 07/16/2019

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Steven for your review! I loved working with you and Michelle for your Atrium at Overton Square wedding. Best wishes and congrats again!
  • Taylor

Taylor Furr · Married on 06/15/2019

Phenomenal

David was hands down the best! I loved working with him on our wedding. He was so helpful and accommodating through the planning process and gave several pointers, advice, and sample timelines. I could not think of any room for improvement. The most important part was keeping the party going and david was great at reading the crowd and knowing exactly what to play, and when. I will be keeping him in mind for any future events as well as referring him to others.

Sent on 08/03/2019

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Taylor! I loved working with you for your Lakeland wedding. It was fun turning your wedding into a party! Best wishes to you and CJ!
  • Alexandria

Alexandria Hutson · Married on 05/25/2019

Chandler Wedding

David was so fun as our wedding DJ! He even made quick adjustments when I wanted to suddenly change the order of events! A pleasure to work with!

Sent on 06/04/2019

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Alex for your review. I loved working with you and creating a fun soundtrack to your wedding at JL Acres. Best wishes to you and Blake!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/18/2019

Simply the Best

David (of DNA Entertainment) is a consummate professional. He answered every question I had (and did so quickly), helped me plan out my ceremony and reception timeline, and he generally had great suggestions about everything.. During the wedding, he had such a positive, affirming attitude (many of my guests talked about how much they loved the DJ.) I highly recommend him. He was in many ways the glue that held the night together!

Sent on 05/22/2019

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Rachel! I loved working with you and Court. Your Lichterman wedding was joyous and memorable. I appreciate the way you curated your playlist to be a personal reflection of your love for your husband and your wedding guests. The choreographed first dance was a treat! See it at https://www.instagram.com/p/BxulzcKgAkW/
  • Anne

Anne Meyer Chaney · Married on 05/10/2019

Amazing Experience

David was amazing! He helped us create a timeline and organize everything. It was truly a fantastic experience.

Sent on 10/17/2019

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Anne! I loved working with you and Jed on your Balinese Ballroom wedding experience. Best wishes to you both!

Leanne Boudreaux · Married on 03/23/2019

A Great Job!

He made the night amazing! Very professional dress and I was not the best at choosing songs, but he made the experience easy! He chose songs that went well with what both me and my new husbands list that we had given him.

Sent on 04/02/2019

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Leanne! You and Tim have a wonderful married life ahead. It was great getting to know the both of you. Shout out to Delta Blues Winery and Liveinlove wedding planners for helping make your day a great one.

Rachel Watson · Married on 02/17/2019

recent wedding with amazing dj

After seeing all of the positives reviews I decided to call David and inquire about services. He’s very professional and we setup a meeting with my fiancé. Bryan and I were excited that David got our vision for a dj and was able to do all the little fun clips we asked for. David is great we HIGHLY recommend him!!!!

Sent on 03/07/2019

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Rachel! I loved working with you and Brian on making your wedding personal and special. The Star Wars sound clips were a great addition to your themed event. Congrats and may the Force be with you!
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 11/03/2018

Highly exceeded my expectations!

I was initially unsure if I really wanted to spend the money to invest in a DJ for my wedding, but David went far above and beyond what I would have expected from a DJ! He knows so much about weddings, so he nearly coordinated what the whole wedding day would look like when we laid out a day-of timeline. I honestly didn’t have to worry about anything going as planned the day-of because he was overseeing it all. He came to me when it was time for different planned parts of the reception so I literally didn’t have to think at all. My husband and I just enjoyed the night and let him handle the rest! He is very responsive to texts and calls. You can that DJing is his full time job and that he loves what he does! Thank you David for a wonderful, stress-free day!!

Sent on 11/12/2018

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Wow, I'm speechless! Your country/Christian reception at Mallard's Croft was both beautiful and amazing. You were super great to work with. Many thanks and best wishes to you and AJ!

Molly · Married on 10/14/2018

David was so easy to work with!

David was our ceremony DJ. He knew the venue, made sure our technology needs and venue capabilities matched, and handled everything so professionally and promptly. It made our entire ceremony a breeze. We couldn't have asked for anything better. We would definitely recommend him to anyone in Memphis looking for a DJ!

Sent on 10/25/2018

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Molly! You made me smile today with your kind words. It was great working with you for your Woodruff-Fontaine ceremony. Best wishes to you and Jake!
  • Margie

Margie Anderson · Married on 10/06/2018

Great Wedding DJ!

David could not have been more helpful as our wedding DJ! He helped us figure out what kind of style and entertainment we were looking for and then made it so easy to add our own special details. He made sure that nothing was left unplanned: the cake cutting, bouquet toss, garter, last slow dance, they all had a song specially chosen for that moment. He also worked with my husband to secretly plan a surprise choreographed dance for the mother-son dance! David was also available to meet anytime we needed and was very responsive to calls/texts/e-mails. We had an amazing reception with a packed dance floor thanks to him!

Sent on 10/19/2018
    DNA Entertainment 4
    DNA Entertainment 5

Hey Margie!
    From the first time I met with you and Tiler I knew we were going to have a great working relationship and an awesome reception. I loved personalizing your event. My favorite moment was the surprise mother-son dance, but the packed dance floor was a close second! Thanks for choosing me to help make your wedding a memorable, entertaining evening. Best wishes and God bless! #whodat

Lauren · Married on 09/28/2018

We used David for our wedding DJ and he was great!!! It was very easy to get in touch with him regarding details and he was so accommodating! My guests loved him and he stayed playing music even after we left. He genuinely wanted to provide a great experience for everyone! As a DIY bride, I didn’t have a wedding planner, so it was such a huge bonus and relief to know he made a timeline for everything to stay on track! Such a wonderful DJ! Thank you David for everything!

Sent on 10/06/2018

DNA Entertainment's reply:

I appreciate your kind words, Lauren! I enjoyed both getting to know you and helping make your Esplanade reception classy and fun! Congratulations and best wishes to you and Tony!

Amber · Married on 09/08/2018

David Pickett was amazing!! We met twice to discuss details of the wedding. He responded quickly through email, answering any and all questions that I had. He made sure I had a song for every event, small things I would have never thought of! The reception was a blast and everyone had an amazing time dancing the night away! I highly recommend David for any of your DJ needs! Thank you for making my rainy wedding day the absolute best!

Sent on 09/17/2018

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Wow, thanks Amber! I loved working with you and had a great time providing the soundtrack to your Manor at Mt. Carmel reception. Best wishes to you and Hayden!

Jasmine · Married on 09/01/2018

He did a great job everyone enjoyed the music.

Sent on 09/09/2018

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Jasmine for your review! I enjoyed working with you and entertaining your friends and family. Best wishes to you, Daniel and little Kaleb!

Randy · Married on 08/18/2018

DNA Entertainment was the perfect choice for our Happily Ever After wedding reception. David tailored the music and entertainment around our very eclectic crowd.

Sent on 08/20/2018
    DNA Entertainment 6

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Randy for choosing my company. I enjoyed playing music and karaoke to turn your son and daughter-in-love's reception into a party! Best wishes to Abby and Andrew!
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 06/22/2018

DJ David was awesome. He met with me several times to help me plan my wedding playlist and the fliw of rhe reception. Very flexible. My guests had a great time. I highly recommend.

Sent on 07/07/2018

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Yolanda for making my day. I'm glad I could make yours special at Chimes & Occasions. It was great working with you and Joe. Best wishes!

Tracey · Married on 05/19/2018

David Pickett (DNA) was great to work with for both the wedding music and reception. He gave us some great ideas and listened to all of our requests. The reception was exceptional and included all of our requests and favorite music.
    I would highly recommend David PIckett (DNA) for any event requiring music.

Sent on 06/26/2017

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Tracey for your review. I loved helping Jake and Hillary create the soundtrack to their ceremony and reception. Best wishes and congratulations!

Lindsay · Married on 04/27/2018

AMAZING DJ!! David Pickett did a great job with the music for our wedding ceremony and reception!! We had a specific playlist for the ceremony which he executed perfectly and when it was time to crank up the music for the reception we asked him to read the crowd so he could pick the music and he was on point!! We have received many compliments on the DJ service and his ability to keep the party going!! We are so happy we went with DNA Entertainment!!

Sent on 05/07/2018

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Lindsay for your real review. I loved working with you, Steve and your mom Gail to help turn your reception ideas into a fun party! Best wishes and congratulations!

Karen · Married on 04/14/2018

I cannot say enough good things about David! He has been my DJ for over five years. I am the Student Council Advisor at a school of 2000 kids. David has been the DJ for all of our dances both big and small. I always judge a DJ by the reaction the kids have to songs at the event. If you hear kids screaming and running to the dance floor then you know they are having a good time, this happens often with David. He has worked with me on letting the kids request songs in the weeks leading up to prom and even requesting songs at prom. He always makes sure that he is playing clean versions of all songs. I have been hosting prom and other dances for over 12 years and David is by far the best, most professional DJ we have ever had.

He is not just a DJ. He also does a Twitter/Instagram wall for us, lighting, fog on the dance floor, and a CO2 cannon that was a huge hit this year. At the end of the event when I tell him to play the last song he always wants to keep going.

Last September we used David as the DJ at my son's wedding. I highly recommend David for all your DJ needs. You will not be disappointed!! We have him booked for the second Saturday of April for the next ten years.

Sent on 04/20/2018

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Karen - you made me smile not only with your review but also with the memory of all the happy students and guests that I've helped entertain. Best wishes in your next chapter and blessings to your son and daughter-in-law! #chargerpride

Sara · Married on 12/22/2017

David was awesome to work with! He is so friendly and respectful and VERY professional. He really cares about having a relationship with the couple and I love that he’s a huge family man. He really listens to what you want. He’s reasonably priced and does other awesome things like karaoke and projection! I definitely recommend him!!!

Sent on 12/31/2017

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Sara, it was a pleasure working with you and Michael. May God bless your marriage and happiness together. I loved Mc'ing the anniversary dance! Shout out to Southern Event Planners for bringing the two of us together!

Chadwyck · Married on 10/21/2017

5 Stars all the way!!! When my wife and I attended the wedding university in Germantown and met David we were very impressed. We booked him soon after and boy am I glad we did. He was great!!! DNA Entertainment was with us every step of the way!!! From helping us plan certain aspects of our day to song selections to even coordinating parts of the process. I can't say enough good things about David and his business. I would recommend David to any friend I have that is planning an event but especially a wedding. Thank you David!!!

Sent on 01/06/2018

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Chad! It made my day to read your review. I loved helping you and Michelle craft a special wedding day at Mirimichi. Your "Thriller" dance and alt rock / 90's throwbacks made the night complete! Best wishes!

Anna · Married on 10/14/2017

Excellent dj, everyone was very entertained all night!

Sent on 10/26/2017

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for your review Anna! I loved playing the soundtrack to your wedding at Green Frog Farm. Best wishes to you and John!

Rebecca · Married on 10/07/2017

David did an amazing job. He was professional and kind. He really worked with us on our music selection and horror based choices. He made my wedding special!

Sent on 10/19/2017

DNA Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Rebecca. Your Halloween themed costume wedding was a 'scream'! I loved working with you to not only make a fun soundtrack for your evening but also provide spooky dry-ice effects and special lighting. Congratulations and best wishes to you and Keith!