96 Reviews for DJMC IAN B

Do-Not-Play List (2)
Liability Insurance (2)
Bilingual MC (1)
90 DJMC IAN B Reviews

Dj Ian was the perfect choice! We are located out of town and he was on the phone with me figuring out exactly what I wanted, even when I wasn't sure myself! He walked me through everything and made my day so perfect and easy! Guests have mentioned how much they loved him and how nicely he kept things flowing. He was flawless! I couldn't have been happier

Profile Picture Ash, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If you're looking to host a fun and unforgettable celebration, hire DJMC Ian B! He was incredibly thoughtful about all the little details that go into making a great party. Ian worked seamlessly with our other vendors and made sure that we were taken care of. From start to finish, he had awesome energy and kept the party going and on track all night. He had everyone at the wedding on their feet and dancing the whole time. Thank you, Ian!

Profile Picture skimb, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ian was terrific. He helped so much with scheduling both the ceremony and the reception. He has tons of experience and knows exactly how to make a wedding into a party. During the big day, he made everything go so smoothly. Everyone had fun. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without Ian! He really knew how to get everyone excited to get on the dance floor! He communicated so well with us days leading up to our wedding and made us feel like we were in great hands. Highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Sydney , 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

This guy is a stud. I booked Ian for our wedding after talking with him for over an hour discussing what we were looking for. My wife and I had several conversations with him that all were hours long. He never made us feel rushed or anything. Extremely personable and an awesome personality. Honestly felt like the whole time I was talking with a long time friend. The day of the wedding came and he was there with plenty of time to set up and acted as our coordinator to ensure eveything stayed on time. Several times as I was setting up the venue with my groomsmen, Ian checked in and helped calm my nerves as I was freaking out a little with trying to make eveything perfect for my bride.

All through the night he was a great entertainer. He kept the music pumping, and there was never a dull moment. My wife and I could not be happier. There is no doubt we made the best choice for our wedding. I will never hesitate to use him again or refer him to anyone in need of a dj.

Profile Picture Dan, 8/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I am so happy I hired DJ Ian for my wedding DJ and MC! He did such a fantastic job on our wedding day and I couldn't have been more happy! He is professional, talented, and brings great energy. Dj Ian was so helpful throughout my whole wedding process. He checked in and provided very helpful advice and planning forms that made planning our wedding timeline and music so much easier. He truly cares about his clients and you can count on him to help your wedding day run smoothly. He is organized, friendly, and really great at what he does! I really am so thankful I found him and hired him for our wedding! I highly recommend DJ Ian!!

Profile Picture Katie , 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC, One Event Per Day
0.5

I don't even have the words to describe him.
I don't see how this Dj has 5 stars because he is anything but.
How can someone cancel on their clients wedding 4 days before? Regardless of what "issues," were had?
Let me make along story short, I hired Ian 1 year ago, and prior to all the other issues we had he was hard to get in contact with sometimes taking 1 week to answer emails. But besides that in the beginning he was very nice and flexible, fasts forward to a month before the wedding, I had told him I got a day of coordinator, and when he found that out he was upset because her job is to plan the day out for me, which she did and when she sent it to him he was upset that nothing was the way he planned, which is understandable seeing that he had his timeline set, but when I tried to fix it on both ends (coordinator and Dj) he was still upset even though we had fixed almost everything to HIS liking even though it is MY WEDDING. Later that day he called to talk about the timeline and began telling me about all his various awards, and how my coordinator doesn't know anything because she hasn't been in business that long and in my opinion a vendor shouldn't have anything to say about another vendor like that, that is very unprofessional.
Now to this week on the 1st of May (my wedding is the 6th) he text me to look at my email and it was termination on contract ! 4 days before! He proceeded to tell me I paid late, which was a lie because I sent it and post marked it before the due date. But yet he still cashed it?! and he said I had a very unprofessional wedding coordinator, so he could not go forward with performing.
If I had paid late,why did he not cash the check and cancel then? If he couldn't work with me he had a WHOLE YEAR to cancel! It is completely unacceptable to treat someone that way. And if he continues to do so I wouldn't expect him to be in business much longer.

Profile Picture B, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ian was wonderful to work with and was able to offer up suggestions for keeping the crowd happy and hyped. The groom and I do not have a lot of single friends and did not wish to make anyone feel uncomfortable, but Ian had solutions for that - make a prize available and have all guests, single or not, out there to catch the bouquet/ garter. The newlywed game was also a hit because families from both coasts got to know interesting things about us as a couple. In terms of communication and preparation, Ian had forms for us to fill out to select our music for important moments and was very open to any titles and artists we wanted to hear for sure. During the reception, he got feedback from my Maid of Honor to change the music style and he did so quickly and amiably. I really felt like he worked well with my Disney wedding coordinator and the photographer and they all shared timelines, etc. to ensure it all ran like a well-oiled machine. In addition, the up-lights Ian provided were beautiful and kept us on budget. I appreciated everything he did for us to make our wedding special and worry-free.

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I didn't even really want a DJ for my wedding- for me, I couldn't see the benefit of it and I had been to so many weddings where the DJ just made things more awkward and weird. Wow, how my opinions have changed! My first phone call with Ian, he really laid out the benefit of having a DJ and how they can really help with the vibe, the flow and the overall feel of the wedding. Obviously, it's a lot more than the music they play. It took about 10 minutes of talking to Ian before I booked him for my February 2017 wedding.

Ian was incredible to work with from the get-go. He was responsiveness, helpful, and obviously offered such a long history of experience. He is the opposite of that stereotypical "cheesy" DJ. He helped me feel at ease with the wedding flow and was respectful of what my fiance and I wanted for the wedding, but also helped me see some of the best ways to keep the ceremony and reception going well.

Tony actually ended up being our DJ for the day of, and he was just as excellent! We went through the planning process with Ian and then had Tony be the DJMC for the wedding. He was fantastic- many people commented after the wedding how they've never seen a DJ get so many people on the dance floor. It was a lot of fun for all my guests, especially the older generation to hear songs that they recognized.

Definitely don't hesitate to book DJMC Ian for your wedding! You'll be so well taken care of.

Profile Picture Kelsie, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My aunt (who works in the wedding industry) suggested Ian to us after he DJ'd her nephews wedding and she said he was great. Knowing her expertise, I contacted Ian and the rest is history. He was extremely easy and helpful to work with and always replied quickly to any questions we had. Our wedding was a huge hit and I know part of that was due to Ian and the energy he brought to our special day.

Profile Picture Trisha, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Words can not describe how happy I am that we chose Ian to be the DJ at our wedding. I love to dance and my biggest fear was that my guests wouldn't dance at my wedding. Ian got every single guest out on the dance from my little flower girls to my husband's grandma in her wheel chair. He created such a fun atmosphere everyone had a great time. In the planning phase he had a lot of great suggestions to make things fun and run smoothly and gives you a form to fill out to make sure you get all of the songs you want and to make it personalized to the couple. On the day of the event things ran so smoothly with him, he worked great with the caterer and made sure the photographer got all of the important moments. The music selection was great from cocktail hour to the open dancing. I can't recommend him high enough, he made my wedding so much fun!!

Profile Picture Danni, 12/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Oh man, what can I say?!?! I LOVED Ian and can't imagine a better DJ/MC for my wedding day! My wedding was on 11/12/16 and I started looking for my DJ in June. Being in SF planning for a socal wedding, I had to take a leap of faith picking my vendors and just feel so incredibly lucky to have found Ian. Ian was professional, energetic, and extremely organized. I felt like he always had my back, sent me ceremony and reception profiles early on, and even suggested fun games for my guests (which they loved!). He had been at my venue (University Hills Community Center) and made great suggestions for where to have the ceremony and reception. Music is NOT my forte (or my now-husband's) but Ian made me feel at ease because he was so confident he could keep my guests pumped throughout the day. Honestly, what completely sold me was when we finally met Ian (after we already hired him) -- he went out of his way to meet with us the only weekend we were in Irvine on August. After that visit, even my husband said he felt like I picked well for our DJ (the highest praise if you know my husband!). Ian just has a contagious positive energy and good spirit, great ideas for a fun time, and great personality. In the month before our wedding, Ian spent HOURS talking with me, making sure all the details of our timeline was set, that I felt good, and even gave me honest advice about our key songs (I am very indecisive). He made me feel so confident about our day and how smoothly it'd go. We ended up having the wedding of our dreams and couldn't be happier. So, if you're reading this and trying to pick your DJ, you definitely can't go wrong with Ian!! THANK YOU for the incredible memories!! You're the best and I hope to get to work with you again!!

Profile Picture Leslie, 11/12/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ian was AMAZING, he was so professional, he had a positive attitude! Ian had this up beat energy which was awesome! Everyone enjoyed themselves and complimented how awesome the music was, we had a little bit of everything! Even when I had a little bit of a meltdown he made me laugh and forget about it. I would hire him for another event in the next future! He was making sure we were enjoying ourselves, and I myself made sure he ate and he himself was having a good time! Thank you DJ Ian for making our night perfect!!!!!

Profile Picture Jackie, 10/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ian was incredible from the initial inquiry through the planning and song selection to the day of and during the entire wedding. He answered all of our questions and took us through our wedding timeline so we knew exactly what to expect before our big day. On our wedding day he acted as coordinator and made sure the cake and catering was set up and worked so well with our officiant and photographer the entire evening. He made sure my husband and I were having fun and knew what was next and kept our guests out of their seats, dancing. We had so many compliments on what a great night it was and how much fun everyone had. We didn't want the night to end and Ian was a major part of that! Hope to work with him again soon! Thanks Ian!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ian was awesome! He answered any and all questions we had... He was there walking us through all the steps for the music and offered helpful suggestions. I would recommend him!!!

Profile Picture Lindsee, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ian exceeded any of our expectations by far. Although we had a daytime wedding, DJ Ian's enthusiasm and energy created such a positive and fun experience for all of our guests. There wasn't a dull moment or dip the entire time. We got so many compliments from our guests...they loved him!

Not only is he an awesome DJ/MC, Ian helped us out tremendously before with our scheduling for the day and coordination. He worked well with all of our vendors as well and kept us on track.

We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you Ian!!!

Profile Picture Kayce, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Ian was incredible!!! He not only had my guests on the dance floor all night but he truly helped every step of the way. He made my event the best night of my life and I couldn't have done it without him! He so much more than just a DJ! Thank you DJ Ian B for everything you did!

Profile Picture Kristina, 9/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We tried to book Ian for our DJ, but just missed him. Ian was already booked for our day. He then set us up with another DJ that works with him. Ian's entire team was very responsive and helpful. I always felt I could call Ian or Steve (the DJ Ian set us up with). Steve even went out to our venue to scope out their sound system for us and was present for our walk through the week before our wedding. Steve was a great DJ. He never stole the spotlight for himself, but was great at keeping the party moving. I've already recommended Steve and Ian to a friend of mine. There was never a moment that I questioned working with Steve or Ian. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Cole, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We got married on March 18, 2016 and had DJ Ian as our DJ. Either by Email or phone, conversations were always full of information. The planning forms were extremely helpful in figuring out how we wanted the entertainment for the night to go. DJ Ian is extremely organized and patient. He has great advice but never pushes you into anything you don't want. He listens and answers extremely well. We had people on the dance floor all night, everyone had a blast. I would highly recommend! He is a great day of coordinator as well, makes it completely stress free! Thanks!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 3/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ian was absolutely the best decision we could have made for our wedding! He was full of wonderful advice, awesome energy, and killer music suggestions. We had the best time with him. Just talking to him once I had complete faith in him. He is so organized and does a stellar job at getting everyone out on the dance floor and keeping the energy flowing. I am so glad we listened to all his advice. Everyone had a blast at our wedding. Everyone told us that the dj will make or break your wedding and it is sooo true! Ian made our wedding!!! He helped us plan the whole evening and checked in with us all night to see what we were ready for next. A lot can go wrong on a wedding day and there can be a lot of stress. We felt so much more confident in our day because we knew we would have Ian there to make it fun and smooth! Thanks Ian!!! You rock!!!

Profile Picture michaela, 1/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My initial contact was DJ Ian however my DJ for the event was DJ Tony; both were amazing to work with. They both did a great job at communicating with and working with me to have a great event.l DJ Tony did an amazing job at getting our crowd pumped and enjoying themselves. Both Ian and Tony were a pleasure to work with. Everyone really enjoyed themeselves. Thanks guys! Definitely would use them again!

Profile Picture Areli, 12/12/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Uplighting

Dj Ian was a great choice for our wedding. He's got a lot of experience and it shows. He's been to a lot of OC venues, including ours, which also helped to make things smooth. He was professional, responsive, helpful & helped keep the crowd entertained. We had multiple phone meetings w him prior to the wedding so he knew exactly what we wanted. He really went above and beyond for us and he definitely values his clients. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 12/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ian played a very important role in our wedding and he exceeded all of our expectations. He was able to hold communication from the very beginning via email/text/phone to ensure that all of our questions were met in a timely manner. We had very specific requests as to timing of each song and dance playlist and didn't miss a beat through it all. He kept the flow of wedding going, kept the reception/dinner and party going all through the night. I would not hesitate to recommend his services to anyone looking for a DJ for their big day. Thanks Ian!

Profile Picture User5568100, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

DJ Ian was absolutely amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. He helped me with everything and because of him the day went without a hitch. He bright so much life to our reception, I really couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture Mary, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones

DJ Ian was AMAZING!!! From start to finish he was a pleasure to work with. I would recommend him to anyone for any type of event. He really made our wedding day special. Thank you Ian for being so professional and keeping our guests involved with your high enthusiasm. We greatly appreciate your services.

Profile Picture User5546297, 2+ years ago, 1 Review