DJ Your Way With Chris Reviews

196 | Trenton, NJ

196 Reviews for DJ Your Way With Chris

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2017

Chris was the DJ for our wedding this November and he is absolutely incredible! He's extremely easy to work with and customized our day to exactly what we wanted! He will play whatever music you want or come up with his own playlist, and he'll talk as much or as little as you want during the reception. He was extremely professional and made our wedding day the most perfect day we could imagine!! He walked us through every moment of the night so we knew what to expect and helped us plan out all the little details of the day. All we wanted was for our guests to have the time of their lives and Chris helped us accomplish just that--the dance floor was packed the entire night! Would HIGHLY recommend him for your wedding or special event! :)

Sent on 11/19/2017

Jason · Married on 09/16/2017

Chris was the DJ for our wedding in September of 2017, and he was absolutely fantastic!!

We first met with Chris about a year before the wedding. From the first meeting we knew he would be a great choice for our wedding. He is very professional, and has a great energy level. We met with other DJ companies before Chris, and they all told us the same thing, that they were not sure who our actual DJ would be until our day was close. With Chris we did not have that problem. We knew he would be the one we planned with throughout the process, and he would be the one there on our day.

We had our wedding in our backyard of our home. Since this was our own home, one of the big challenges was deciding where everything should go (bar, caterer, tables, DJ...etc). Chris was nice enough to come to our house a few months before the wedding to check out the yard with us. As soon as he got there he immediately started firing off his ideas of how the layout should be, and what would work best. We used basically every suggestion that Chris gave us, and he was spot on with every one of them! He is truly an expert in the wedding industry, and he knows exactly how a wedding should be set up and flow.

The actual wedding day turned out to be amazing, and that was hugely thanks to Chris. I am a believer that the DJ is the single most important thing in making a wedding fun, and Chris delivered 100% on that. We had an amazing time at our wedding, and all of our guests complemented how good the music and DJ was. And all of this was at a much better price than the other DJ companies wanted. Seriously, Chris did an amazing job for a price that the other companies could not even touch.

Wedding planning is hard and stressful, but picking the DJ was the easiest part of it all because of Chris. He helped us the entire way, and even went above the duties of a DJ by helping us plan the layout and flow of the day. Do yourself a favor and use Chris for your wedding!!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/08/2017

From the moment I first spoke to Chris on the phone, I liked him immediately. He was so nice, so energetic, easy to talk to, and had a great voice that just pumped excitement through my veins just listening to him. I thought imagine what he'll do at a big party your throwing like a wedding?! My gut instinct told me to just go with him, and I am so glad I did because he made my wedding day the successful, fun, magical event I truly wanted it to be! He did the music for my ceremony flawlessly, listened carefully to everything I wanted, and made it happen. The sound he provided was perfect and crystal clear, no awkward unwanted noises or humming sounds, it was perfect! The reception music, same thing, amazing! He kept the party going, and flowing, and listened to my wants and needs. He was a great DJ, people raved all night about how much fun they had and how he transitioned all these great songs from different decades throughout the night flawlessly! He seriously made the night, and I couldn't be more grateful to him. He is very reasonable in price compared to some other DJ's, so If you don't want to spend a fortune and your not the type to be caught up with all the bells and whistles, and just want to get to the point, which is good music, fun, and a night for people to truly remember then go with DJ Chris Mathews, he will not let you down! He was seriously one of my favorite vendors that I encountered during this wedding planning experience. He always got me pumped and excited when I spoke to him, and kept me at ease when he could tell I was panicking about planning lol. Great guy, will definitely reach out to him again if I need to plan another event.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Nick · Married on 08/04/2017

My wife and I were recently married at the Olde Mill Inn in Basking Ridge. When we were looking for a DJ, we were not looking for someone who was going to wheel in giant projector TVs or dance enhancers, rather we were looking for someone with a ton of experience, who was friendly, professional and most of all knew how to get and keep our guests dancing.

Chris was awesome from the get. He helped to guide some of our decisions as we spoke with him about what we were looking for and then he fully delivered on everything he said he would. He handled everything from the ceremony to the cocktail hour and reception flawlessly. We gave him a list of songs/genres/artists that we like and he took it from there.

Seriously, if the music is what is important to you and not a spray tan and a big screen tv, do yourself a favor and meet with Chris. We were happy we did.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Nicole · Married on 07/22/2017

My husband will tell you the most important part of the wedding is the DJ, so I put him in charge of finding ours-and he did a wonderful job! Chris, DJ Your Way with Chris, was everything a couple could ask for. He listened to everything we told him about who we were as a couple, our guests, what we wanted and most importantly what we didn't want! The music was timed perfectly for the ceremony. He played our requests at the perfect times. He kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night! We even requested he stay the extra hour, and he kept people going until the very end! We loath traditional weddings and all the cliche wedding songs. DJ Chris was creative in his song selection and played what he knew our guests enjoyed dancing to. He was culturally responsive-appealing to my husband's Latino background, as well as my European one so that both sides danced throughout the night and truly enjoyed it as a newly formed union. He mixed everything well, and our guests complimented him throughout the night. Guests made comments to me such as, "This is the best DJ and music I have ever heard" and "He mixed the music well and was really fun".
    He had an upbeat, enthusiastic personality through it all-the interview process, the planning, and the ceremony. He did everything we asked him to do and more! He gave us wonderful advice and guidance on timing of events so that we got to enjoy the night dancing instead of feeling like we were being held to a schedule .
    Most importantly, Chris was an outstanding professional who kept our backyard wedding going even in the mist of humidity and then rainy weather. When it started to rain, Chris was a true professional. He kept the music going and adjusted seamlessly. Listen to his advice and directions and you can't go wrong!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Erinn · Married on 07/15/2017

What can we say about Chris? Professional, organized, PERFECTIONIST! We loved him from the moment we met him and booked immediately after meeting him one time, a year before our wedding. He is immediately responsive to email/phone calls and truly took care of everything. He often works at our venue and we had ZERO doubts or worries that he would be able to coordinate with them about everything. He played EVERY SINGLE SONG we requested, as well as songs our families had requested too. He knows exactly what he is doing and we had full confidence to trust him COMPLETELY with such a huge aspect of our day. We only wish our night lasted longer so he could keep playing all night long. We love you Chris! Xoxo The Bendes

Sent on 07/17/2017

Kathleen · Married on 07/15/2017

DJ Chris is awesome-he was the most accommodating when he helped me pull off the best surprise toast for the bride and groom with my original written rap! We danced all night long-it was the perfect blend of music...I had to be pulled off the dance floor! Thank you Chris for all of your help with my rap and the best night on the dance floor!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Katherine · Married on 07/07/2017

I had the most amazing night and Chris was such a big part of that! He played every song I wanted and knew how to keep the dance floor going. Even as the bride, I didn't leave the dance floor for the last two hours! Thank you so much to Chris for making my night so memorable! Chris always made sure I got what I wanted, was super flexible, very speedy with responses, and always had so much energy, even over the phone.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/24/2017

DJ Chris gave us an amazing party! He met with us multiple times before the wedding and listened to every request we asked of him. He kept everyone dancing from the second we entered the reception until the very last song. He coordinated the ceremony, organized our bridal party, and made sure everyone walked in on time. He organized the speeches and toasts during the evening and overall, went above and beyond anything we ever expected from a DJ. We couldn't be more thankful for the night that DJ Chris gave us and would choose him every time!! The day went off without a hitch, which had a lot to do with the amazing job DJ Chris did for us!

Sent on 06/26/2017

lyndsey · Married on 06/17/2017

Chris is these absolute best dj I have came across. I highly recommend Chris

Sent on 07/03/2017

Erika · Married on 06/16/2017

We can't say enough wonderful things about Chris! From beginning to end, he was a dream to work with. He was professional, always listened to our input and very easy to access. He managed to seamlessly blend everything that we wanted with things that we didn't even know we wanted. He was never intrusive or corny, but kept the energy up the whole time. He kept the party going the entire night and our guests are still raving about him weeks later! We highly, highly recommend Chris to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2017

Chris did a PHENOMENAL job at our wedding!!!!!! He had nearly everyone dancing!!! We didn't even have time to eat cake-
    every song was better than the last and we just couldn't pull ourselves away from the dance floor. Everyone is raving about the music and the energy. We are so happy and thankful that everything went absolutely perfectly. Chris was wonderful from the very beginning and always just an email or phone call away. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Ben · Married on 05/27/2017

Chris is awesome!!! He invited us over to go through the playlist song by song, giving us his input on each. In the days leading up to the wedding, he stayed in touch to make sure everything was planned to perfection. The result? Best wedding ever!!! I literally had 50+ people come up to me afterwards to rave about the music. If you wasn't the music to rock at your event...Chris is your guy!!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Cathy · Married on 05/20/2017

My daughter and son-in-law live out of town and had no opportunity to meet any DJ's or see them in action. Instead, they phone interviewed about 5 different DJ's and their gut told them Chris was the guy! They were right--he was unbelievably accommodating and just as responsive and equally nice. He had EVERYONE up on the dance floor ALL night including the groom's 80 year old grandmother. Everyone is still talking about how great he was! Thanks, Chris! Hoping my middle daughter doesn't go the band route for her wedding--we want you again! :)

Sent on 05/24/2017

Lou · Married on 05/20/2017

Chris was amazing as our DJ. He had people up and dancing the entire wedding, which was our number one priority. He came in HOT with a Hava Nagila to Shout! transition and kept things bumping from there til the very end. Highly, highly recommended!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Korie · Married on 04/29/2017

DJ chris was awesome for my wedding everyone had a great time! He kept my dance floor packed all night!! Deff would recommend him. Thankyou Chris!!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Christina · Married on 04/22/2017

Chris was amazing to work with! We couldn't of asked for a better DJ for our wedding. The dance floor was packed the whole night!

Sent on 05/14/2017

Carly · Married on 03/03/2017

He's awesome!! I wish I could get married again to my now husband just so we could have him
    play again at our wedding!!!! He knows exactly what to play!!!!!

Sent on 03/05/2017

Sharon · Married on 02/18/2017

Chris was absolutely amazing! He had rave reviews from every single one of our guests and had the whole wedding dancing the entire time. He was prompt from the beginning to end and extremely organized. He was helpful and on point at every minute. It was nice to not worry about the DJ on such a big day and event. We highly recommend Chris for any event and especially for your wedding!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Courtney · Married on 01/14/2017

Chris Matthews made our wedding. From initially reaching out to him to the hours before our wedding, he provided nothing but exceptional
    service. Our engagement was over a year and he was responsive during the entire time. He always went the extra mile with phone calls, emails, or Skype sessions going over the playlist, names of our huge bridal party, and every other little detail. He made our bridal party and family all feel special. He helped guide us through everything from songs and emceeing (for the bouquet toss, garter, parent dances, etc.) to ensuring that everything was exactly as we wanted (name pronunciations, pacing of the reception, microphones during the ceremony, he left no stone unturned). Our guests, young and old, loved the mix of music from popular oldies to actually current Top 40 (2017) songs as well as our favorite 90's jams. Also, you really cannot beat the price and considering how much value he brought- we 100% recommend Chris Matthews.

Sent on 02/09/2017

Lauren · Married on 01/07/2017

I cannot thank Chris enough for everything he did to help us have the wedding of our dreams! We were adamant about wanting our wedding to be a nonstop dance party, which is exactly what we got. Chris was responsive, knowledgable, and awesome throughout the entire planning process. From the moment we met Chris, we knew he was a great person and trusted that he'd be a great DJ (which is absolutely is). During our wedding, he was attentive and fed off the crowd on the dance floor. There was never a lull in the music and the energy was always high. I got several compliments after our wedding about how awesome our DJ was, how the music catered to both the young and older demographics represented at our wedding, which is a tough feat for anyone. Again, we thank Chris for being instrumental in helping us pull of the biggest dance party of our lives!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Lora · Married on 12/31/2016

Chris truly made our wedding amazing! We couldn't have asked for anything more

Sent on 01/02/2017

Katie · Married on 12/10/2016

If you are looking for a DJ that is professional, fun and entertaining, look no further. Chris Matthews is all of the above and more. We chose Chris for our wedding after we had attended another wedding that he had DJ'd for. His music selection, timing, pace and expertise in this area of entertainment are undeniably fantastic. We would highly recommend Chris for all your DJing needs!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Emily · Married on 10/29/2016

From the moment we met Chris, we could tell he was the DJ for us. He was super enthusiastic and even accommodated our schedule by FaceTiming with us late in the evening so we could get to know him. Chris provided the music for our cocktail hour and reception at the Bonnet Island Estate. He worked with us to incorporate all of the songs we knew we wanted to hear and was able to build off of our songs to ensure our dance floor was packed all night long. All of our guests were dancing non stop and we received so many compliments both during and after the wedding about what a fun time they had. We would absolutely recommend DJ Chris to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. He was a pleasure to work with and truly made our wedding night a blast.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Chelsea · Married on 10/28/2016

Definitely recommended! Very positive, friendly, and fun.

Sent on 11/07/2016