162 Reviews for DJ Your Way With Chris

Sound/PA System (8)
MC (7)
One Event Per Day (5)
Liability Insurance (3)

DJ Chris is an AMAZING deejay. At our wedding on 8.18.18 we had almost 200 guests. The dance floor always had people on it! We gave DJ Chris the go ahead to feel out our crowd and play songs off of them. He nailed it! Sooo many people have told us he was the best deejay they’ve ever seen at an event. You will not be sorry if you choose DJ Chris for your wedding or next event!

Photo for DJ Your Way With Chris Review - The dance floor is packed!
Photo for DJ Your Way With Chris Review - He sets up off to the side & you barely notice him in the ro
Profile Picture Rachel, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

Chris could not have been a more perfect DJ for us and for our wedding. While he was very personable and put our happiness above all else, he was not afraid to give us some guidance when he thought a particular song may fit better somewhere else in the night, or that something may not flow as well as we'd like it to. He worked with us to be sure that we had a reception that not only we loved, but everyone else did as well. When we got to the reception hall, Chris had already set up shop and was ready to play. While my wife and I were taking photos during cocktail hour, we got several messages from people complimenting us on the music (We asked for some nerdier music to be thrown in, and he ran with it very well). Directions for the introductions were very clear, and the whole process flowed very well. The remainder of the night was a series of perfect scene transitions. It was obvious that Chris knew our schedule very well, and chose the music to fit what the guests would likely be doing in any given moment. The highlight of the night was during and after a performance I gave for my wife. I asked Chris to set me up an area to perform a piece on the saxophone. In the process of setting up the logistics a few weeks before, my wife and I informed him of a song and "dance" that became infamous among my bandmates and I in college, many of whom were there that night. After the performance, Chris transitioned from my piece to said song. About 10 of my friends joined me on the dance floor and did a completely impromptu dance, bringing us all back to our college days. While we had requested the song to be played at some point during the night, Chris timed it perfectly because he knew everyone would be watching, and I'd have my saxophone. Everyone in the room was smiling and laughing. It was absolutely perfect. If I had to do this all over again, I'd pick Chris in a heartbeat. And if I ever need a DJ for a future event, I won't hesitate to give him a call!

Profile Picture Kurt, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chris was awesome from the very beginning of the night until the end! We were so glad that we chose him as our DJ! He goes over every single detail with you prior to your day so that everything goes exactly as you want it. He was was so detailed and helpful with song choices/questions that we had. We were really able to picture the day before it even happened. Chris exceeded our expectations- he was great!

Profile Picture Alison , 7/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I was a bridesmaid in my college roommate’s wedding and their DJ was amazing. People did not leave the dance floor the whole night! So when I was planning my July 2018 wedding this was the easiest part. Chris was amazing to work with! He was extremely thorough and helped answer all our questions on the wedding timeline, we gave direction on our music taste and he took over from there. Our guests had an amazing time and are still raving about how much fun our wedding was. Everyone should hire Chris for every event!

Profile Picture Katy, 7/5/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Sound/PA System

Chris was AWESOME! Super high energy and listened to every request we had. Lots of guests complimented his music selection and it fit our crowd just right. Definitely recommended!

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

CHRIS IS AWESOME!!! We haven't stopped hearing about our wedding esp. the music. Great mix of everything that my husband and I wanted. We met a few times with Chris and he made sure we were happy and all our questions were answered. VERY professional and just a great guy who knows his music!!! I hope I need a DJ for another event in the future I would go straight to Chris! Thank you so much for everything Chris, we (and all our guests) had a blast!!!!!

Profile Picture Valentina, 6/15/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Chris made our wedding an absolutely amazing time. Our wedding guests were of all ages and the flow and variety music had everyone dancing until the very last minute. He was very accommodating to our requests and his feel good personality made the whole experience awesome. We first heard of DJ Chris at our friends wedding which was a great night of dancing and he definitely delivered for ours!

Profile Picture Shawn, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

From the very beginning Chris was amazing to work with. He DJed our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception for an amazing price. He went over everything we wanted and needed. He downloaded songs to make sure we had everything EXACTLY the way we wanted. Chris was very professional about letting us know the best way to go about expediting our entire wedding. He ran through every last detail with us. He never downplayed any of our ideas. He did everything he promised. All night I was getting compliments about how amazing Chris was. He had everyone out on the dance floor all night long. We had people tell us that night that our wedding was the most fun they ever had dancing at a wedding. My cousin even used the hashtag on Instagram #djwaslit! We highly recommend Chris to DJ any event you are having and would use him again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/5/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris is a down to earth easy going guy that listens to everything you want .But if he gives a suggestion about music or the night take his advice he knows what he is doing!! The night of our wedding we were asked a million times were we found our awesome DJ. He takes his job very serious and tries his best to make your night perfect. He doesn’t just show up and play music he gets the crowd pumped and makes sures you stay on schedule.

Profile Picture Noelle, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Prior to the wedding, Chris made it clear we were in good hands! He was responsive, helpful, and made the planning process stress free. Most importantly, our guests were on the dance floor all night!

Profile Picture Elena, 2/18/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We couldn't have asked for a more professional or accommodating DJ. Chris was fantastic to work with - very receptive, flexible and a great price. We were particular about our song list and volume level, and Chris paid attention to our every request. We would strongly recommend you book him - he was all we could ask for and more! Everyone had a great time and the music kept everyone dancing. Thank you Chris!

Profile Picture Tana, 11/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We could not have selected a better DJ for our wedding than Chris! Chris had so much energy and excitement during our first meeting with him a couple months before. As we shared a couple ideas we had with him (First Dance, final song, etc.) you could tell the creative gears were in motion, and he figured out the perfect way to make everything work. We are both very big music fans, and therefore we were very particular about what music we wanted to hear. Chris took our (giant) list of selections and worked in most of the songs we wanted to hear, while still being honest about what he thought may not work or not fit. He communicated well with us leading up to the wedding, and was extremely organized heading into the big day. We wanted a packed dance floor all night, and Chris made that happen! We received a ton of compliments from our guests who loved the music: a good mix of older and newer stuff with the right balance and framing of each song. Chris perfectly executed various touches we wanted: from the father/daughter dance which featured a "polka cut-in" to the final song of the evening, karaoke style. Chris was professional whenever he was on the microphone, keeping his introductions, etc. short and sweet. His sound equipment was top of the line: perfect volume but not too loud for guests who wanted to chat instead of dance. All in all, Chris was a professional, excellent DJ who helped make our big day incredible. We wanted to have a "party atmosphere" at our reception, and he helped deliver that to us, our family, and our friends. Thanks Chris!

Profile Picture Mike, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris is the ultimate professional and hands down the best DJ in New Jersey. We had multiple conversations over my 15 month engagement and he made us feel at ease the whole time. We used him for our ceremony, cocktail hour, & Reception. We gave him a small list of songs/genere's we liked and he played to our taste. I had questions about whether or not certain songs would be "OK" for the dancefloor, and he will give you his honest opinion but leave it to you at the end of the day. While I never plan on getting married again, I would love to use Chris for future events. In closing, you'll be doing your wedding a disservice by not hiring DJ Chris Matthews to spin at your wedding.

Profile Picture Steve, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chris was our favorite vendor to work with! We had been to several weddings of his and had a great time at each one, so we knew we wanted him to DJ our wedding. From the first meeting we had with him to the very last dance of our wedding reception, Chris was awesome! He was easy to communicate with and was so enthusiastic, which made us even more excited for our big day. We gave him a handful of songs to show our taste in music and then gave him the freedom to do what he wanted, and he designed an absolutely perfect playlist. He played everything we requested on our "must play" list, and then chose the perfect songs to keep everyone on the dance floor. You know it's a fun wedding when people are on the dance floor before dinner! Chris catered to everything we wanted and created a fun, exciting, perfect night for us and for our guests!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Beyond amazing and so knowledgeable, professional, and just an overall pleasure to work with. He tailors your needs and ideas and makes them a reality as well as incorporates his innovative styles of entertainment. What a fabulous DJ. Reads the crowd and knows how to keep everyone engaged and having a great time. Chris knows how to time the event and leads the event seamlessly but on schedule. This is our second time experiencing Chris and would do it again and again and again....We have never come across a DJ with the skill that he displays at any other occasion. Thank you Chris for making our day so memorable!

Profile Picture Joseph, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chris was the DJ for our wedding this November and he is absolutely incredible! He's extremely easy to work with and customized our day to exactly what we wanted! He will play whatever music you want or come up with his own playlist, and he'll talk as much or as little as you want during the reception. He was extremely professional and made our wedding day the most perfect day we could imagine!! He walked us through every moment of the night so we knew what to expect and helped us plan out all the little details of the day. All we wanted was for our guests to have the time of their lives and Chris helped us accomplish just that--the dance floor was packed the entire night! Would HIGHLY recommend him for your wedding or special event! :)

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chris was the DJ for our wedding in September of 2017, and he was absolutely fantastic!!

We first met with Chris about a year before the wedding. From the first meeting we knew he would be a great choice for our wedding. He is very professional, and has a great energy level. We met with other DJ companies before Chris, and they all told us the same thing, that they were not sure who our actual DJ would be until our day was close. With Chris we did not have that problem. We knew he would be the one we planned with throughout the process, and he would be the one there on our day.

We had our wedding in our backyard of our home. Since this was our own home, one of the big challenges was deciding where everything should go (bar, caterer, tables, DJ...etc). Chris was nice enough to come to our house a few months before the wedding to check out the yard with us. As soon as he got there he immediately started firing off his ideas of how the layout should be, and what would work best. We used basically every suggestion that Chris gave us, and he was spot on with every one of them! He is truly an expert in the wedding industry, and he knows exactly how a wedding should be set up and flow.

The actual wedding day turned out to be amazing, and that was hugely thanks to Chris. I am a believer that the DJ is the single most important thing in making a wedding fun, and Chris delivered 100% on that. We had an amazing time at our wedding, and all of our guests complemented how good the music and DJ was. And all of this was at a much better price than the other DJ companies wanted. Seriously, Chris did an amazing job for a price that the other companies could not even touch.

Wedding planning is hard and stressful, but picking the DJ was the easiest part of it all because of Chris. He helped us the entire way, and even went above the duties of a DJ by helping us plan the layout and flow of the day. Do yourself a favor and use Chris for your wedding!!

Profile Picture Jason, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

From the moment I first spoke to Chris on the phone, I liked him immediately. He was so nice, so energetic, easy to talk to, and had a great voice that just pumped excitement through my veins just listening to him. I thought imagine what he'll do at a big party your throwing like a wedding?! My gut instinct told me to just go with him, and I am so glad I did because he made my wedding day the successful, fun, magical event I truly wanted it to be! He did the music for my ceremony flawlessly, listened carefully to everything I wanted, and made it happen. The sound he provided was perfect and crystal clear, no awkward unwanted noises or humming sounds, it was perfect! The reception music, same thing, amazing! He kept the party going, and flowing, and listened to my wants and needs. He was a great DJ, people raved all night about how much fun they had and how he transitioned all these great songs from different decades throughout the night flawlessly! He seriously made the night, and I couldn't be more grateful to him. He is very reasonable in price compared to some other DJ's, so If you don't want to spend a fortune and your not the type to be caught up with all the bells and whistles, and just want to get to the point, which is good music, fun, and a night for people to truly remember then go with DJ Chris Mathews, he will not let you down! He was seriously one of my favorite vendors that I encountered during this wedding planning experience. He always got me pumped and excited when I spoke to him, and kept me at ease when he could tell I was panicking about planning lol. Great guy, will definitely reach out to him again if I need to plan another event.

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wife and I were recently married at the Olde Mill Inn in Basking Ridge. When we were looking for a DJ, we were not looking for someone who was going to wheel in giant projector TVs or dance enhancers, rather we were looking for someone with a ton of experience, who was friendly, professional and most of all knew how to get and keep our guests dancing.

Chris was awesome from the get. He helped to guide some of our decisions as we spoke with him about what we were looking for and then he fully delivered on everything he said he would. He handled everything from the ceremony to the cocktail hour and reception flawlessly. We gave him a list of songs/genres/artists that we like and he took it from there.

Seriously, if the music is what is important to you and not a spray tan and a big screen tv, do yourself a favor and meet with Chris. We were happy we did.

Profile Picture Nick, 8/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband will tell you the most important part of the wedding is the DJ, so I put him in charge of finding ours-and he did a wonderful job! Chris, DJ Your Way with Chris, was everything a couple could ask for. He listened to everything we told him about who we were as a couple, our guests, what we wanted and most importantly what we didn't want! The music was timed perfectly for the ceremony. He played our requests at the perfect times. He kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night! We even requested he stay the extra hour, and he kept people going until the very end! We loath traditional weddings and all the cliche wedding songs. DJ Chris was creative in his song selection and played what he knew our guests enjoyed dancing to. He was culturally responsive-appealing to my husband's Latino background, as well as my European one so that both sides danced throughout the night and truly enjoyed it as a newly formed union. He mixed everything well, and our guests complimented him throughout the night. Guests made comments to me such as, "This is the best DJ and music I have ever heard" and "He mixed the music well and was really fun".
He had an upbeat, enthusiastic personality through it all-the interview process, the planning, and the ceremony. He did everything we asked him to do and more! He gave us wonderful advice and guidance on timing of events so that we got to enjoy the night dancing instead of feeling like we were being held to a schedule .
Most importantly, Chris was an outstanding professional who kept our backyard wedding going even in the mist of humidity and then rainy weather. When it started to rain, Chris was a true professional. He kept the music going and adjusted seamlessly. Listen to his advice and directions and you can't go wrong!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

What can we say about Chris? Professional, organized, PERFECTIONIST! We loved him from the moment we met him and booked immediately after meeting him one time, a year before our wedding. He is immediately responsive to email/phone calls and truly took care of everything. He often works at our venue and we had ZERO doubts or worries that he would be able to coordinate with them about everything. He played EVERY SINGLE SONG we requested, as well as songs our families had requested too. He knows exactly what he is doing and we had full confidence to trust him COMPLETELY with such a huge aspect of our day. We only wish our night lasted longer so he could keep playing all night long. We love you Chris! Xoxo The Bendes

Profile Picture Erinn, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Chris is awesome-he was the most accommodating when he helped me pull off the best surprise toast for the bride and groom with my original written rap! We danced all night long-it was the perfect blend of music...I had to be pulled off the dance floor! Thank you Chris for all of your help with my rap and the best night on the dance floor!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I had the most amazing night and Chris was such a big part of that! He played every song I wanted and knew how to keep the dance floor going. Even as the bride, I didn't leave the dance floor for the last two hours! Thank you so much to Chris for making my night so memorable! Chris always made sure I got what I wanted, was super flexible, very speedy with responses, and always had so much energy, even over the phone.

Profile Picture Katherine, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Chris gave us an amazing party! He met with us multiple times before the wedding and listened to every request we asked of him. He kept everyone dancing from the second we entered the reception until the very last song. He coordinated the ceremony, organized our bridal party, and made sure everyone walked in on time. He organized the speeches and toasts during the evening and overall, went above and beyond anything we ever expected from a DJ. We couldn't be more thankful for the night that DJ Chris gave us and would choose him every time!! The day went off without a hitch, which had a lot to do with the amazing job DJ Chris did for us!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews