64 Reviews for DJ Wilmington

One Event Per Day (1)
Uplighting (1)
64 DJ Wilmington Reviews

4.7

We had David for our Dj and he was great!! He played all the songs that we asked and made family members that I thought would never get out of there chairs head to the dance floor. He was so nice and made my wedding day wonderful!!!!

Profile Picture Tonya, 5/20/17, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Shawn was the BEST! Definitely the most expensive DJ services, however, if you want to keep the party going... it's worth it.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 6/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I can not say enough wonderful things about David Friedman and DJ Wilmington! When we booked DJ Wilmington for our wedding it went smoothly... once we paid our deposit we went to the website and entered all of the important songs my husband and I wanted there... along with music that we knew our friends and family would enjoy. A few days before our wedding, as my panic level is rising trying to make sure everything is perfect, I had a phone call with David that made me feel so much better. He called to get an idea of the importance of the songs, what we wanted played during certain times of our reception, and dance songs that I left out of the online form. I guess he could sense how I was feeling a little overwhelmed because he stressed that this was my day and that his job was to make my life easier. He wanted me to focus on having a good time, on remembering all of the special moments, and enjoy making them. He must have said that two or three times. He promised he'd work with the photographer and the event coordinator during the wedding and reception, that he didn't want me to panic or stress... I got off that 45 minute phone call and told my then-fiance that I really liked David. That it was worth every penny knowing I didn't have to worry about the music and when to queue what where. We had several compliments on him at our reception and afterwards... and in person he was just as nice of a guy. If you need a DJ who is going to act genuine and make you feel like you are the most important client ever... talk to DJ Wilmington. I can tell you, from our experience, you won't regret it. Thanks again, David. You ROCKED! :)

Profile Picture Gina, 12/12/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

We used DJ Wilmington for our reception DJ, lighting, videography and Photo Booth! I loved that they were like a "one stop shop." During the planning process, it was stressful for me to have multiple vendors to stay in touch with. It was awesome that DJ Wilmington was able to offer many services with just one contact person.

We were so pleased with our DJ. Adam did an exceptional job and really kept the party going. I loved the lighting on the dance floor and the flow of the evening. I never felt like there was a lull or any downtime.

Brian did a great job with our lighting. It was exactly what I envisioned.

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/10/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Videography

Absolutely loved working with David for our wedding! He really knows what he's doing and is passionate about making your event perfect. Thank you so much for doing such a wonderful job.

Profile Picture User5460917, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was such a pleasure to work with and really took a lot a stress off me in this department of the wedding. I was pretty worried about the music that was going to be played due to my husband and I's very diverse music tastes. David gave us a helpful questionnaire to outline our favorite wedding songs and that along with his amazing DJ skill, pulled together a spectacular evening of fun & dancing. The ceremony music, all the way thru to the reception was absolutely perfect and everyone had a blast! My husband, along with many other guests, made comments throughout the evening of how much they enjoyed his presence and song selection.

Thanks again, David!

Sincerely, Chelsea & Justin Ross
Est. 8.22.2015

Profile Picture Chelsea, 8/22/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

David was very enthusiastic and outgoing. All of the announcements were perfect and he is the best DJ I have seen at any event. We completed a simple questionnaire which helped to ensure that the music and tone stayed true to our playlist.

Thanks again for going the extra mile.

We highly recommend DJ Professionals.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
Marc & Taneia Lamar
Est. 07.03.15

Profile Picture Taneia, 7/3/15, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Professionals did a great job with our wedding. We really enjoyed working with David. He listened to what we had to say and put forth the effort to make sure our day happened as we wanted it to. They did a wonderful job with the ceremony music and made sure to accommodate our special requests without any issue. Our planner (who we wouldn't recommend) left our wedding early and David took over, no questions asked. He was incredibly helpful!

We used DJ Professionals for uplighting and our photo booth as well. We booked Brickstreet Cinema (their videography group) as well. We were really happy with the way the uplighting turned out and it gave our reception added detail that made a huge difference in the overall look. The photo booth, however, was disappointing. The images were really, really dark and the attendant cut a lot of the pictures very crooked. In some cases, they were cut way down the middle. We were very excited about the photobooth and had we known this would happen, we would have gone a different route.

Aside from the photo booth, we were really happy with the services provided and would definitely use them again!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/30/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We used DJ Professional and Video for our April wedding reception. We worked with Kerry. He did an awesome job keeping the party going throughout the evening. He was very accommodating for a few special requests that we had for the reception. He was very professional and friendly with the guests.

Profile Picture Abbey, 4/25/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired DJ professionals for our wedding at the RiverRoom. We wanted a fun, lively atmosphere and the DJ was the sole contributor of making that happened. He spent time and talked with us about music we like and music we don't like. We expressed how much we centered the dancing portion of our wedding as the most important aspect, and he was excited to hear that! We recommend this service and the DJ truly made our wedding night!

Profile Picture Kaylynn, 4/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

The djs we had for our wedding were amazing! They were a lot of fun and they definitely made the reception. They did a great job at following the flow and going with it. They also are very easy to work with!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture tia, 10/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Doug was a fantastic addition to our vendor line up! He was dedicated to choosing music our guests enjoyed and kept everyone dancing all night! We had four generations present so that was quite an accomplishment! He kept things flowing, narrated our evening nicely. Things were well paced and absolutely perfect! DJ Doug took pride in his work and getting the details just right!!!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/27/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Doug was the DJ for our reception at the River Room, he was professional, responsive and fun. He was on cue for every phase of the reception, from introductions to last dance. Very nice, and a great DJ, our families danced up a storm and had a great time, it wasn't just a wedding, it was a party! I wouldn't change a thing, our night was perfect.

Profile Picture Paul, 9/27/14, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Brian took our lighting concept and was able to turn it around last minute when the weather wasnt cooperating the new concept fit in perfectly. Loved working with him.

Profile Picture Ester, 9/13/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

The DJ that I worked with from DJ Professionals and Video, David Friedman, was amazing. The first meeting that I had with him put me at ease. He assured me that after the ceremony, I would not have to worry about anything on my wedding day, as he would run everything behind the scenes! He made sure the guests were entertained while my photographer took pictures of us outside, he also made sure the first dances, introductions, toasts, cake cutting, and bouquet & garter tosses, all went smoothly. I honestly did not worry about anything. I had so much fun on my big day and David did all the behind the scenes work. He was also very friendly and all my friends and family got along with him so well. The music and lighting was great!

Profile Picture Breanna, 8/17/14, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Adam was AWESOME! My guests loved him. He played such a great variety of music and really took the tim before the wedding to understand exactly what I wanted. We were so pleased.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/2/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had David and he was great! He made sure there were always people on the dance floor

Profile Picture Briana, 6/27/14, 7 Reviews
3.7

Even after going over what songs I wanted played during the reception the dj took it upon himself and played other songs that I had not requested. I was upset that our family walk in song was not correct and neither was our garter toss.

Profile Picture User4343000, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David was an amazing DJ. He played all of the songs that we wanted and kept the flow of the reception going. He has a very good feel for the crowd and when to cut songs off. He was very friendly and energetic and amazing to work with. I would highly recommend David and DJ Professionals.

Profile Picture Erin, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used the DJ services and videography for our May wedding. Both the DJ and videographers were beyond amazing! First, let me say I was a terrible bride. I planned everything, but did not tell the vendors the specifics of what we/I wanted until the week prior (if not even later than that!) With that being said, the DJ still had every song request we wanted ready on our day, and the videographers were so patient with our last minute plans of where we were going to be on our wedding day so they could capture our "getting ready" moments. We are not a (good) dancing couple, nor are any of our friends AMAZING at dancing, but the DJ knew exactly what to play to keep our wedding fun, and full of dancers! The videographers worked amazing with our photographer in sharing ideal spots to capture memories but never getting in the way of the wedding celebration. We did not like the idea of "posed" pictures/moments and the videographers did a great job of always being around but never in the way. We are still waiting for our video, but are 110% positive they will do an amazing job with the final product as they did the day of our wedding (especially because they posted a few sneak-peak-still-shots from our day on their webpage). The videography was a last minute decision, but probably one that will preserve the memories of our big day forever :) Highly recommend the DJ and videographers from DJ Professionals.

Profile Picture Jen, 5/18/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Videography

We used a photo booth from DJ Professionals. The attendant, Josh, was fantastic! He was fun and professional at the same time. My main complaint about DJ Professionals is their extreme lack of response. I had to call the owner to get a response back from them after they had our money. Ultimately, everything turned out great and we were very happy!

Profile Picture Denver, 5/17/14, 15 Reviews
Category: DJ

For anyone needing a wedding DJ in the Wilmington NC area I highly recommend DJ Professionals. My wife and I had the pleasure of working with David Friedman, David met my wife and I a couple weeks prior to our wedding this past May and we left that meeting knowing that we had made the right decision in choosing DJ Professionals. David did a fantastic job of making sure that the music selection catered to the mood of the crowd and he also did a fantastic job as the MC and as a result his performance played a huge roll in the lifetime memories that were created that evening. Thanks again to David for a Job well done!

Profile Picture Sammy, 5/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

David DJ'd for our wedding. We met with him prior to go over what we liked/disliked. He had our list of songs we had input online--after speaking with him we changed quite a few songs, and he was up-to-date on the day-of. He was really on top of it, and he also changed things up throughout the reception due to a lot of requests. I thought he did a great job, and I was happy he was there to keep us on schedule!

Profile Picture Emily, 4/27/14, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our experience with the DJ Doug and Videographer Ben was AMAZING! They were so helpful and informative. The professionalism was outstanding and they made my day perfect. I HIGHLY recommend not only this company but also these two people specifically!!! All of our guests loved the DJ especially my nephew who apparently wants to become one now.

Profile Picture Teresa and David, 4/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Videography
3.0

I was not impressed with the DJ for our wedding. It was a lot of money to spend and I thought he was a little rude. I had heard from other prior to our wedding that they were the company to use, but I wasn't happy with the outcome.

Profile Picture User4675726, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews