DJ West Reviews

112 | Virginia Beach, VA

112 Reviews for DJ West

sam · Married on 09/16/2017

From the very first phone call to the actual wedding day, Westley was an absolute professional and complete pleasure to work with. Organized, accommodating, and personable, we knew he was the right choice. Not only an incredible person, but Westley leverages an online portal that provides his clients with an intuitive and user friendly experience to plan their wedding. His repertoire of songs - both with lyrics and instrumentals - were filled with hit after hit during both the reception and the ceremony.
    Westley was happy to meet at the venue location prior to the wedding day and was able to quickly determine the best location to set up his equipment. His assistants were a pleasure to work with, and they were able to quickly and efficiently set up the up lighting, DJ booth, speakers, and conduct the necessary audio/sound checks. The best part of the setup process was how relaxed and down to earth they all were. They knew what needed to be done, how long it would all take, and were having a blast getting everything in order.
    Our favorite part of working with Westley and his crew was how personable they were - both with us - his clients - and our guests. I can’t stress this point enough. We had numerous guests approach us during the reception with countless praises of how incredible our DJ was. It seems none of our guests have attended a wedding where the DJ was so interactive with the crowd - from hyping up the crowd during the grand entrance, commanding the attention of the guests during the formal wedding events, and engaging/participating with the CONSTANTLY packed dance floor.
    If you are ever hosting an event that requires a DJ, and are looking for someone that makes you feel at ease throughout the entire process, DJ West and his crew is the perfect match.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Mary · Married on 08/19/2017

DJ West was nothing short of amazing. He was easy to work with, enthusiastic, organized, and fun. The dance floor was full from start to finish. No one wanted it to end. I received several compliments on DJ West. If you're looking for the perfect guy for the job look no further.

Sent on 08/26/2017

DJ West's reply:

Mary, it was a pleasure serving, getting to know and partying with you & Cullen. You two were so much fun and it was an honor to be able provide the music entertainment and lighting for your special day. From the moment you guys walked into the reception to the end of the night when people didn't want to leave :) Your guests had a blast.

Alexis · Married on 07/29/2017

My husband and I met with a number of DJ's before we decided to sign with DJ West! It was his personality that drew us to him. He did not dissapoint! We had an awesome wedding and he did a great job at keeping everyone on the dance floor! Even showing some dance moves for our guests. We also got his uplighting. West is a good guy! He will make what you want to happen-happen! Thanks DJ West!

Sent on 08/11/2017

DJ West's reply:

You and Kirt are the best!! It was so awesome to see everything come together so perfectly. I knew as you stated from the beginning this was one of the first times your families would be together and you wanted everyone to have a good time together. As I think back to the wedding it didnt even seem like two families but one...talking...laughing...and dancing together. Thank you for allowing my wife and I to serve you guys. :)

Torri · Married on 07/24/2017

DJ West and his wife, Shina, we’re so fun to get to know throughout the wedding planning process. DJ West is patient, kind, and ready to make adjustments on the day of the wedding (I’m not kidding here, my father and I couldn’t decide on a first dance song for the longest time). Our entire wedding reception was flawless, and all the guests loved the music and games we played. He’s incredibly responsive via email and text, and makes the music and party planning portion of the wedding SO easy. I’d book them a million times over, especially if you want to have an absolute BLAST!

Sent on 12/06/2017
  • Tenise

Tenise · Married on 07/15/2017

My wedding is not until July and Dj West has been nothing but helpful and nice answering any of my questions and his price fit my budget for all that he provides... I am going to leave a 2nd review after the wedding. I booked him in Oct and I tell you he is flexible and I am so happy I found him.

My wedding day July 15th was simply amazing and it goes down in the books as EPIC!! Dj West surprised me and came to the rehearsal the night before and the day of the wedding he went in we had a party and probably one of the biggest weddings he has done this year with nearly 300 people in attendance he had us on the dance floor the whole night just like I wanted it. My husband want to book him for every event that we do from here on out! If you book him you will not be disappointed, him and his wife are an amazing team!

Thanks again Wes!!!

Sent on 03/22/2017

DJ West's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much Tenise for taking the time to write this. I really appreciate it. I know your wedding is going to be a blast.....Can't wait! Only 115 more days :) It is going to be here before you know it.
  • Cheri

Glorious · Married on 07/07/2017

Awesome DJ. Got everyone up and moving. Beautiful lighting.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Tanetta · Married on 07/01/2017

From beginning to end DJ West was the absolute best. He met us with professionalism and was flexible and sensitive to our needs. We connected with him right away and he immediately knew what our family and friends would love to hear on our special day. But beyond understanding our musical taste, he was excellent at maintaining the flow of events and had crazy energy all night. He also provided perfect up lighting and spotlights to set the tone for different parts of the evening. We are positive that without DJ West our wedding would not have been so perfect. We are already thinking of events to throw to hire him in the future!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Nikki · Married on 06/11/2017

DJ West and his crew were simply amazing. I told him my vision and what I was trying to accomplish with my event and he executed perfectly. His interaction with this crowd that varied in background, race, and age was able to make everyone feel comfortable and enjoy themselves. I will definitley keep him in mind for my future events.

Sent on 06/18/2017

DJ West's reply:

Nikki! Thank you so much for the opportunity to Dj this special event for your sister and your brother in law. It was a pleasure and joy to be able to entertain you guys with some awesome music and dancing. Look forward to working with you in the future. :)

Amanda · Married on 06/10/2017

DJ West was hands down the best DJ I have come across. He was professional, fun, energetic, and was able to read the crowd at my wedding so well! I will always highly recommend him to anyone in need of a DJ.

Sent on 06/19/2017

DJ West's reply:

You and Bobby are an amazing couple....not only did I enjoy Dj'ing your wedding but I simply admire you two as a couple. You guys are obviously hard workers and Im grateful we were able to have some total fun in celebration of your union together. Best of luck to you both in your future together! :)

Christi · Married on 06/09/2017

DJ West was recommended to us by a friend, and we are thankful to have gotten such a fabulous recommendation! DJ West provided our daughter's wedding ceremony music beautifully and made the timing of the reception run smoothly, as well as made it a blast - even to the point of getting out onto the dance floor and teaching everyone a line dance. Meeting with he and his lovely wife prior to the event was a wonderful, helpful experience and assisted us in creating the reception timeline. Their knowledge of genres of music and how to create an event for a variety of age ranges made the planning easier. DJ West also did an amazing job with the up-lighting we discussed with him and chose. If you are looking for a professional, talented, responsive, helpful, knowledgeable DJ, you can't go wrong with DJ West!!!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Chelsea · Married on 05/13/2017

A couple had gotten DJ West for my husband & I for our reception as a wedding gift & I have nothing but amazing things to say about him! DJ West was one of the easiest processes that I had during my whole wedding! He was VERY professional & kept the party going all night! Not only did he play what we requested, but he also threw in some of his specials & interacted with us! There wasn't one song that he played was the same! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND DJ West to DJ one of your events! I have found one of my go to DJ'S for now on! You definitely won't be disappointed! He even took pictures throughout the reception, which was pretty awesome! If you haven't found your DJ, you DEFINITELY need to choose DJ West!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Tomika · Married on 04/29/2017

Attention to detail, very professional, gets to know you as a friend, interactive, all around great Dj!

Sent on 05/15/2017

DJ West's reply:

Thank you Tomika! I feel like you and Danny are one of our new friends. It was sooo much fun to be able to party with you guys. Your pictures came out amazing by the way. :)

Chris · Married on 04/22/2017

Working with DJ West was very enjoyable from preliminary meetings to make sure everything was in proper order to the day of the wedding. They were flexible with meeting my wife and I when we requested, they offered suggestions which worked great during our reception and most importantly they were very punctual. We had no issues and no unexpected surprises which was a relief .

Sent on 05/22/2017

Monisha · Married on 04/02/2017

Dj west is the best!!!!! Omg he did my wedding he is amazing!!!!! Very hands on very helpful and keeps your party rocking he is very personable...
    Please choose him for every event this is our second time going with him and he exceeds my expectations every time he's become a great friend!!!#

Sent on 04/04/2017

Kali · Married on 03/24/2017

"DJ West from day one was nothing less than amazing! We planned our wedding in under a month and with his help things fell right into place. Not only was he our DJ but he acted as our wedding coordinator as well. It truly was a perfect day! He was kind, funny and loads of fun to be around! I would highly recommend his service. Thanks!!!!"

Sent on 04/04/2017

Elaine · Married on 03/18/2017

DJ West was nothing short of amazing!! Wedding planning is hard enough, especially having to call around to different vendors and people trying to find the right one to make your wedding perfect. When I talked to DJ West on the phone, he was the first DJ I reached out to and by the end of our conversation I knew he was the one my husband and I wanted at our wedding! He was so personable and friendly on the phone, he wanted to know all about me and my husbands interests and tastes in music and even our families, and that was his way of making sure he made your wedding everything you wanted it to be. We met in person a few times with him and his wife and talked about everything that was going to take place at the wedding and really broke it down to details I hadn't even thought of. DJ West and his wife were so incredibly helpful with making our decisions. He really made sure that he played only the music that I wanted at the wedding and he has an awesome website that made it so easy to choose what songs I wanted and when I wanted them to be played. The website really helped take some of the stress away from planning the wedding. I could say so many more positive things about DJ West, he was everything I was looking for for my wedding and made it so memorable for not only myself but everyone that attended. I promise you will NOT be disappointed with him!! Thanks again Westley!!!!!

Sent on 06/02/2017

Savannah · Married on 01/28/2017

Everyone at the wedding complemented your work. Y'all did an amazing job keeping the party going. I would recommend y'all for any and every occasion someone needs a dj.

Sent on 01/30/2017

Savannah · Married on 01/28/2017

My husband and II could go on and on about how fantastic DJ West was at our wedding! He was so much fun and our guests loved him! Not only did he keep it very Professional and family friendly but he kept it fun and kept everyone on the dance floor! He even joined us on the dance floor a few times and taught us all some moves! He was very friendly and personal with everyone! We would highly recommend him :)

Sent on 02/06/2017

DJ West's reply:

It was so cool to party with you guys and witness you and Jordan's love for each other! Your reception was magical and I can't wait to see all the pictures of you two dancing the night away. Thanks for the two awesome reviews! :D I wish the best of luck of you and your husband as you enjoy the rest of your lives together. Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your special day.
  • O

Olisa · Married on 01/21/2017

He is a great DJ so, please don't wait until the last minute to book with him. Wes is professional and a lot of fun to work with. I would recommend him to any one and I plan on using him again for future events.

Sent on 02/08/2017

Keonte · Married on 11/19/2016

I personally think there aren't enough stars to determine the level of talent and pure genius involved in DJ West's skills! I would recommend DJ West for any and every celebration that anyone may have. The way he incorporates professionalism and his ability to entertain the crowd is perfection at its finest. Having him travel down to the Atlanta area for my little sister's Sweet 16 celebration was the best decision for our entertainment. He took the time to add his own special touch to the party by having a package that included lighting to match the theme of the party. His equipment was able to accommodate multiple people "performing" at one time. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to "drop the mic" after each epic performance, but that just goes to show he has the good stuff, so we weren't too upset. He played all the latest and hottest songs (which were appropriately edited) and even got out on the dance floor and partied with us teaching us dances that we had never even heard of! It was absolutely amazing having him apart of our celebration. I would recommend DJ West to anyone who is against listening to the same ol' same ol' music that doesn't want to make you get up and dance until you can't feel your feet anymore! A good DJ makes you regret dancing so hard and that's exactly how I felt the next morning! DJ West is definitely the best

Sent on 01/17/2017

Trepholia · Married on 11/18/2016

I have worked side by side with DJ WEST setting up for weddings and parties. He is the best when it comes to djing. He gets the crowd engaged. The lights, the music, the whole nine yards!!!!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Laura · Married on 11/05/2016

DJ West was an absolute pleasure to work with!

Sent on 11/11/2016

DJ West's reply:

Thank you for choosing to use us to Dj your wedding. It was a beautiful day and a joy for me as well.

Maria · Married on 10/26/2016

DJ West and his wife were very professional. They were able to accommodate my outside beach wedding. They even packed up and travelled about 20 minutes away to our reception site. They kept the party going all night and I still have people tell me it was the best wedding they attended. I know having DJ West helped make that a possibility! I would recommend them to anyone and hire them again!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Maria,
    As Ive told you and Mike your wedding was sooo much fun. I know you guys had some things to figure out last minute but God totally worked it all out and it was great to simply see the beautiful of you and Mike commit your life together. Your family!!! I love your family....they and your friends made the party amazing. Thank you so much for the opportunity to be apart of your big day.

Dj West

Literally amazing! DJ West takes your music taste into consideration and also gets a feel for what the crowd is doing. Had such a great time!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Rachael · Married on 10/22/2016

DJ West is incredible! He knows how to read a crowd and is willing to make your special day one you won't forget. Very professional and knows what he is doing. DJ West is definitely someone I would recommend to my friends!

Sent on 11/19/2016

DJ West's reply:

Yassssss! Rachael, you and Christian's wedding was truly one of the highlights on my fall saturday. It was a blast!!! You and his family together.....now thats a party. Especially your family...lol Your friends of course kept the party going. I truly am grateful to have been able to serve you guys and i wish the complete blessing to you and Christian marriage!