DJ West Reviews

112 | Virginia Beach, VA

112 Reviews for DJ West

Sky Barnes · Getting married on 07/18/2020

great communication

Dj West was great with communication and responds very quickly. He is professional and attentive to the needs of the client. I was unable to book with him but I would highly recommend to book him if you can.

Sent on 02/10/2020

DJ West's reply:

Thank you Sky for taking the time to write this wonderful review! It was a pleasure for us to get to know you!
  • Wilbert

Wilbert Thomas Jr · Married on 01/26/2020

What an amazing experience!

DJ West did such an excellent job for our wedding! His wife was a great addition, as she was very into making this all a smooth and enthusiastic process and event as well! Talking about what we looked for in the event/music vs what actually happened was spot on! I would recommend Dj West anytime! We were thrilled and received many compliments on our guests of how great the music was. Amazing experience!.

Sent on 01/30/2020

DJ West's reply:

You two are a match made in heaven and it was an honor for us to witness your union and celebrate with you at your Wedding at the Historic Post Office! Thank you for choosing me as your Wedding DJ!

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2019

Best of the Best

DJ West is a master in his craft! After our initial meeting, I knew he’d be a perfect fit for our wedding. As an interracial couple, my fiance and I knew that we would need a DJ who could seamlessly blend several genres, decades, and styles of music into a lively dance party reception. DJ West delivered on all aspects of our requests. His reception and cocktail hour set-up was flawless and he selected music to tastefully engage our guests. He was thorough when ensuring how to announce the names of our bridal party correctly. An added bonus to DJ West is his wife, Shina. She was compassionate, caring, and attentive to our needs throughout the wedding planning process. The night of our wedding, she was the most fun photo booth attendant that you could ever have! Her bubbly personality and awesome smile makes her the perfect person to interact with your wedding guests. The dynamic duo of West and Shina are everything and more than you could ask for in a wedding DJ and photo booth vendor. Your wedding deserves the best and DJ West Ent is the best of the best!

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Krystina

Krystina Speller · Married on 10/11/2019

DJ WEST- Service with Excellence!

DJ West is not just an amazing DJ but him and his wife are just literally amazing people! My husband and I met with him and his wife and we were in awe of how much they really aimed to understand not only our love story but our thoughts behind the intimacy of our wedding and reception. I remember leaving our planning meeting feeling completely at ease and excited for him to handle our day! We sent him some Do Not Play songs and made him a playlist of our faves (including soca- my husband is west indian) and he made this bomb playlist that had us all sweating and laughing all night! We were so concerned that with such a mixed age group that we did not know what to play, but he got all our guests involved in games and the reception that people told us later they had never experienced it at a wedding before!
    Not only that- we were shown that not only is he a creative and talented DJ but he really MEANS it when he says he is here for your wedding day and to serve you in excellence. Our pastor coming from Norfolk, VA to Williamsburg (an hour drive if you don't know) was late due to traffic up and down the interstate. Only for him to come and not have our communion for our ceremony. Unbeknownst to me- I watched DJ West from my limo literally SPRINT out our venue and to his car and take off driving (15 min after our ceremony was supposed to start) later I was told that he ran to the store and got things for our communion so our ceremony could be complete! He never said- "that's not my job" or "they didn't pay me for that" he just jumped in and served. THAT is the kind of vendor you want for your day!

Sent on 03/07/2019

DJ West's reply:

Thank you Krystina! This review is everything! Thank you so much for being such an amazing bride from start to finish. It was such a pleasure to be able to serve you and your husband. Your wedding was sooo soooo fun especially when all your guests came up to table and sang love songs to you.
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 09/21/2019

The compliments keep coming!

DJ West was fantastic to work with for our wedding ceremony and reception! We enjoyed all of the communication with him and his wife, Shina before the event and they were awesome in helping us work out some details of our music and even the timeline of our reception that we weren't sure about. They offered great advice from their experience but still let us plan our day how WE wanted it. DJ West had no problem setting up a bit earlier at our venue in order to have music for our first look (2 hours before our ceremony started) and stayed high-energy all the way through until closing time. He was an AWESOME emcee, even when we had a non-traditional timeline of events in our reception. He made it out on the dance floor with us multiple times, which we loved! Guests asked me for his name all night long and are continuing to do so because they loved his energy so much! One of my personal biggest fears during our 16-month wedding planning process was having a dull dance floor and hiring DJ West was the smartest move I made. Hoping I can come up with some reason to need a DJ again in the near future! Thank you, West!!!

Sent on 09/24/2019

DJ West's reply:

This is so amazing Angela! It was a pleasure working with you two from start to finish and when I tell you your wedding was the best party! It was awesome, I am so happy to see you two so happy out there on the dance. -West

Kirsten · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing Wedding Experience in Baltimore

Hands down, A-MAZ-ING! DJ West is absolutely amazing! It was really important for my husband and I to have a fun reception with hits that everybody could enjoy. West took the details from our first meeting and EXECUTED. Music was great, intros and announcements were on point, and he even got on the dance floor to interact with the crowd! Not only did he play great music and the artists that we asked for, he also read the crowd and knew the exact moments to play certain songs. Needless to say the dance floor was packed the entire night. West and his wife are super professional, very detailed, and easy to work with. They also worked seamlessly with our vendor team to make everything align perfectly. Family and friends are still telling us how much fun they had at our wedding! DJ West made our night perfect. We would 100% recommend to anyone!

Sent on 10/21/2019

DJ West's reply:

I just finished blogging on our website about your perfect wedding. I am so grateful one of our past brides Tanetta introduced me to you two. I have to say that is was soooo soooo easy to work with you and Greg. You are an amazing couple with so much love and support surrounding each one of you. I really had the time of my life at your Wedding. Let me say this: It was by the absolute best Wedding in Maryland I have had the chance to be apart and your wedding will forever have a place in my heart!

Rick Foster · Married on 08/24/2019

Henderson Wedding

Westley did an awesome job. He handled all the MC work as well as the DJ. He was professional and on point!!!! Would highly recommend Westley to DJ and/or MC your event.

Sent on 08/28/2019

DJ West's reply:

Thank you Rick! It was my pleasure to serve your family on such a joyous occasion as your daughter's wedding! Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback.

Samantha Henderson · Married on 08/24/2019

You need this man!

DJ West was behind all of the MC work as well as the disc jockey at my wedding and reception this past Saturday. My husband and I met with him and his wife just TWO WEEKS before our wedding, told him the genres of music we wanted to listen to, the only stipulations being 4-5 MUST HAVE songs to be played, and gave him the green light to just run with it and do his thing. Believe me when i tell you he did his THING. We had a large wedding with 131 people in attendance and he kept the crowd LIVE, happy and moving for HOURS! Not only did my guests have fun, but West threw himself into the fun as well and it was so pleasing to see. If you need a DJ that’s going to hype up your crowd and have your family and friends still talking about it for days and days (which i know is going to turn into weeks and weeks) DJ West is your go to man. 10/10 will use him again if i need a DJ in the future. He’s genuine, accommodating and not only did i get a DJ, but i made a friend and that’s something that can’t be replaced. Hats off to you Westley! You definitely made our wedding the BEST day of our lives!

Sent on 08/28/2019

DJ West's reply:

😭😭😭😭 Wow! This so so heartfelt. I really enjoyed reading every single word Samantha. Thank you eternally for this kind review. I knew when I first chatted with you and Cody that your Wedding would be amazing and I was soooo looking forward to being apart of it those entire two weeks of planning. It was a blast. So fun to have been the very first wedding at the Gala 417. You as a couple and your guests I believe really set a high bar for all the future couples that have their Wedding there. It was a party from start to finish. Thank you for entrusting me with the opportunity to be your DJ Samantha & Cody.
  • Gina

Gina Walker Lilley · Married on 08/17/2019

Best DJ ever!!

DJ West was the DJ for my daughters wedding. I cannot say enough about how awesome he was. He made sure it went just the way my daughter had planned. The music was fantastic and the dance floor was full the whole night. We received so many compliments, and everyone had a great time. I highly recommend DJ West.

Sent on 08/27/2019

DJ West's reply:

Gina! The wedding was such an amazing experience from the start and it was so fun to see your family on the dance floor having the time of their lives. Thank you so much for choosing my DJ Service and for writing this wonderful review. -West

Alexa Cahalan · Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding DJ

Hands down the BEST DJ! DJ West made our dance party wedding come to life! We couldn’t have asked for anything better! He is all about making sure the bride and groom have the music they want to fit their wedding day! From the easy access to the client portal to set up your music, to the speaking with him and Shina on coordinating your day and making sure the day goes smoothly, we truly enjoyed our experience with them!

Sent on 09/20/2019

DJ West's reply:

Alexa! It was so wonderful every step of the way working with you and Zack and nothing made me happier than to see you two out there having the time of your lives at your Wedding, Thank you choosing me to be your Wedding DJ team and thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us!

Emily · Married on 08/03/2019

Best dj in hampton roads area!

This guy is humble and grounded but sure can throw a party! He has keen hearing for all of the right types of music and make anyone get up off the chair and come out to the dance floor! He is flexible with time, always respectful, and kind! He definitely was made to do this! If you need a DJ for anything especially a wedding he is your guy! Recommend his services!

Sent on 08/08/2019

DJ West's reply:

Wow! This is so amazingly encouraging and I am very grateful to have been able to serve as your Wedding DJ this month. I wanted nothing more than to see you and your wedding guests have the time of your lives! :)
  • Jeannette

Jeannette Acosta · Married on 07/07/2019

Best DJ in Hampton Roads!

There is no one like DJ West! He and his wife Shina are truly an incredible couple and team! West did an amazing job keeping the party alive from start to finish at our wedding! There was never a moment where our guests were not out on the dance floor because of him! My family has booked him for large parties in the past, and there was no one else we could have imagined DJ-ing at our wedding than him and Shina! They are truly amazing, kind-hearted people to work with.

Sent on 07/28/2019

DJ West's reply:

Wow! This is the kindest review ever! Thank you so much Jeannette. :) It was such a joy working with you and Hudson since we decided I was going to be your DJ. I was looking forward to your big day your entire engagement and It makes me soooo happy to know how much fun you two had. It truly was a party of a lifetime. You were a perfect bride and Hudson was the best groom! Thank you for taking the time to share this review!
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/05/2019

Awesome Wedding Party Music

DJ West was Amazing. We had such a blast on our wedding day and it’s all thanks to him. There were hardly any people sitting when it was time to dance and that is saying a lot since my family isn’t the dancing type. Everyone I’ve talked to mentioned how much they loved the music and one even asked for a copy of my playlist! Thank you for helping make our dreams come true and providing a wonderful wedding reception experience! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/20/2019

DJ West's reply:

Wow! Thank you Amanda! You and Kevin's Wedding was a fairytale, perfect from start to finish. It was so great getting to know you leading up to your wedding day and then for everything to come together so perfectly. You and Kevin were having the time of your lives on the dance floor and absolutely everyone there had a great time. Thank you Amanda!
  • Daniel

Daniel Bowen · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing experience

We recently had our wedding and DJ West did an amazing job! From the time we started working with him i could tell that it was going to be a great time. He starred the wedding off with a game and then began doing what he does best. Would recommend to anyone in the immediate area and would get again.

Sent on 06/28/2019

DJ West's reply:

Daniel, you and Kennedy are truly one of a kind. You both have the kindest hearts ever and your guests loved you guys so much. Your wedding at the Woman's Club of Portsmouth was a dream come true and I love the fact that you had some of the best vendors in Hampton Roads. Your pictures and video turned out amazing.
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2019

Awesome experience!

I highly recommend DJ West! Our wedding was professionally handled and lots of fun! We asked him to blend American hits of many genres along with Persian music to appeal to all of the family. DJ West did this superbly and everyone seemed to have a great time on the dance floor! We especially enjoyed his energy and the times he came to the dance floor to teach dances.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Kernika

Kernika · Married on 05/19/2019

He keeps the party pumping

I learned about DJ west through my sister who got married in September. She had DJ west at her wedding. After learning about him I wrote him and wanted to have him for my wedding as well. He was able to work with my budget and still have everything I wanted and needed. During my sister wedding he was so active with the crowd. He distracted them with a game while the food came around and when it was time to dance he kept the floor LIT🔥! I can’t wait for my wedding to have the same energy!

Sent on 01/18/2019
  • Stacia

Stacia Ruse · Married on 05/18/2019

Incredible experience! Would book West time and time again!

DJ West was an amazing addition to our wedding night! Since our first conversation with Westley and his wife, Shina, we got the indication that he puts everything he has into delivering an amazing experience — which he did. He spent a considerable amount of time speaking with us on FaceTime prior to our wedding night to get the complete run down of ceremony and reception events, and genuinely wanted to get to know us as a couple.

West brought energy that infected the entire dance floor, complete with well-timed transitions, and fun interjections. He allowed us to be really hands on with our music selection, and kept the dance floor full the entire night! He made sure that every part of our wedding went off without a hitch, including multiple surprise live performances, readings, and even some traditional greek dancing!

We couldn't recommend West highly enough. He was an integral part of making our wedding one of the best days of our lives, and we can't thank him enough for all of his help and support throughout the entire process!

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon Martin · Married on 05/11/2019

Great Party!!!

DJ West was awesome. There wasn’t a song that wasn’t a hit with the crowd or with us. We were having so much fun that he had to turn off the music so that we could leave. His wedding package includes everything you need for your ceremony and reception. And he was able to play songs that fit a wide variety of tastes. Pictures courtesy of Brooke Waldroup Photography.

Sent on 06/08/2019

DJ West's reply:

The diversity in your crowd was something that I was the most excited for and to see you and your husband's family out there dancing the night away was something that made me so so happy!
  • Sheila

Sheila Carollo · Married on 05/10/2019

DJ West listens to the couple's unique vision and customizes accordingly!

DJ West did my daughter's wedding this weekend and he ROCKED! I knew he would for several reasons: first one is because my daughter (who we lovingly call "Stalker Amy") ALWAYS does her homework and she was confident in his abilities and second: the moment I saw him at the chapel with that beautiful smile I was confident and third: At the reception is where he truly shines - the way he welcomed everyone, did a few "get to know your table member" games, brought the crowd in, he played the mellower songs during the time people were eating so that people can still hear each other at the table and then rock out afterwards getting everyone up on the dance floor! I think I only left the dance floor twice the entire night to get a soda and immediately came right back out on that floor! Thank you DJ West for being a major part of everyone having a great time! I totally recommend DJ West - he will listen to what YOU want your wedding to be and not just a "cookie cutter" list of songs. You will not be sorry for choosing this DJ!!

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Anne

Anne Polk · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing Wedding Celebrations

From start to finish, DJ West is the person you want whether a wedding, party, or event. He was able to blend music that worked for my son’s wedding across two different cultures. Very professional, electrifying, and energetic! The music flowed seamlessly and the dance floor was filled the entire night. Endless compliments from guests all night long and even at brunch the next morning. Stop looking; this is the man you want to manage your event ; we had three different wedding events in one day and DJ West was ready with the best equipment for each one.

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Janelle

Janelle Primeau · Married on 03/08/2019

A Dream Come True!

Wes was recommended to us via our wedding planner and I could not have been happier. Each meeting with him and his wife was so great and personable and definitely something to look forward to. When the big day finally rolled around, everything was absolutely perfect! Wes did such a great job with the music and the uplighting! We also let him convince us that a photo booth would be great for our big day and man was it a hit! So many of our friends and family enjoyed the fun experience and left with some great memories! If you are looking for a DJ, I highly recommend DJ West! They are friendly and sweet and cater completely to your style and making your day everything you imagined and more!

Sent on 04/06/2019

Karmen · event on: 12/30/2018

If you want a DJ that gets the party started than contact DJ West. My first experience with DJ West was at the staff Christmas Party. Dj West was played all genre of music to get everyone on the dance. It was the best Christmas Party ever. I know DJ West as the go to guy to DJ all of my school events.

Sent on 11/19/2016

DJ West's reply:

Thank you Karmen! It is always an absolute pleasure to provide DJ for your school. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
  • O

Owen · Married on 12/18/2018

I'm going to start off by saying that Wes has been a friend of ours for quite a while. When our wedding came up we talked to him to see what he offers. We talked to other DJs as well. We knew that Wes can do a great job, but he was our friend. I am always a bit leery when it comes to hiring friends for something big. Wes was very professional the whole way through and made everything so easy. He met with us and checked up on us to make sure he knew what we wanted. Looking back at our wedding now, we are so glad we went with him. Our catering was late but on the fly, with the approval of our day-of he lead the reception in a fun game that became a great memory. If you want your wedding to be a party go with DJ West

Sent on 09/17/2018

DJ West's reply:

Owen...it has been an absolute to know you and Meg over the years and when you decided for me to be your DJ I was over the top excited. Your wedding was amazing and I am so happy I was able to be apart of it and dance with you guys. Love yall tons!
  • F

Fikirta Pinco · Married on 12/16/2018

Dj west is the best!

DJ West is absolutely AMAZING!! He is worth every penny!! He DJ’d at our wedding recently (December 2018) at the Woman’s Club of Portsmouth. People who never dance were dancing.... our guests even wanted the party to continue after hours of dancing. DJ West was super considerate of our time and schedule and helped make our wedding the best that it could be. The night was perfect and DJ West is one of the big reasons why!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Miranda · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing guy!

So we hired DJ West even though we are 3 hours away from him. He not only drove that distance but he was also prompt and followed through perfectly. We got so many compliments on how fun the wedding was and how good at his job he was, he was probably the highlight of our wedding. He gets on the dance floor with you and can sing too! He also knows how to read the crowd and plays a good mix of music based on what he thinks will get people up and dancing. His online portal was super easy to use and we had a lot of fun picking songs we wanted played, too. Overall I just think there are main points to get right for a good wedding: good food, good atmosphere, and good music, and he definitely provides the last two. I highly recommend DJ West!!

Sent on 12/15/2018