DJ Shamoudi Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Negar Mehrabkhani
    Negar M. Married on 06/25/2022

Simply the best!

Shayan and his team are AMAZING! There isn’t a single thing I would have had Shayan do differently for our celebration. All of our guests continue to provide rave reviews and tell us our wedding was the best they’ve ever been to, and we wish we could do it all over again. He played a huge role in making our wedding the perfect celebration as the MC and by curating a playlist that literally kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night, including some of our older relatives that haven’t been on a dance floor in decades!
    Sofie F. Married on 05/30/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everyone was on the dance floor!

DJ Shayan did an amazing job at our wedding. He had EVERYONE on the dance floor and new exactly when to change the song. He was very professional and pleasant to work with.
  • James
    James Married on 05/06/2022

"Best Party Ever" said guests, Fantastic DJ, Very Professional

DJ Shamoudi was a fantastic DJ and professional partner. He took into consideration all of our asks, met with us over zoom to get to know us and understand our "musical vision" for our ceremony/reception/party. When we had a last minute change three days out from the day of the wedding he was very amenable and quickly made the changes a reality - enabling us to have the ceremony inside due to inclement weather. The day of the wedding he was able to quickly make changes based on our feedback (eg. changing the colors of the uplighting upon our request, removing a few songs from the playlist). Our guests repeatedly came up to us to tell us the music and the dance party was some of the best they'd ever experienced at a wedding. We had music spanning different eras (80s, 90s, early 00s), cultures (Spanish, Persian, American), and genres (pop, house, rock) that DJ Shamoudi was able to mix into a cohesive playlist that the guests responded to. In short, he was fantastic and I can't recommend him enough.
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
    Jamie R. Married on 12/10/2021

Best International Wedding DJ

Shayan (Shamoudi) is truly the best DJ in the DMV. We had a mixed wedding (American/Latino) with international guests from Germany, India. Iran, USA and Mexico and Shayan kept everyone pleased with very positive feedback from our guests. He played a great variety of international music, even top Bollywood hits which kept everyone amazed and on their feet all the time. His MC services are just right for weddings. Shayan made sure all the names would be pronounced correctly and we had an amazing intro. He and his team are very professional and caring. We would highly recommend him.
  • Ana
    Ana H. Married on 11/11/2021

Highly Recommended!

He was the DJ for our wedding and we could not stop dancing on the dance floor. He knows what he’s doing and communicates with clients fully to make sure everything is perfect for the day! I definitely recommend him for your events!
    Mahnoosh A. Married on 09/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best international DJ ever!!

Shayan Mahmoudi is by far the best international DJ in NOVA. We hired him to DJ at our wedding and he did not disappoint. Everyone was on the dancefloor having a blast. He did such an amazing job with the lighting, the blending of different music, pronunciation of names, timing, and most importantly having good energy. The crowd could feel his positive energy and people feed off of that!! Prior to the wedding, he made sure to set up a meeting with us to go over song requests and logistics, and he was very helpful/resourceful with all of our vendors on the day of as well. If you are looking for a DJ for your next event (not just weddings), look no further! Shayan is the best in town! We already have guests from our wedding asking for his information!! Thank you Shayan! Can't wait to use you for future events :)
  • Ghazal
    Ghazal R. Married on 09/17/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

One of our best vendors: Professional, Experienced, and Easy to Work With!

Planning a wedding and managing vendors can be so incredibly stressful. But our experience with DJ Shamoudi was nothing short of effortless. We spoke once ahead of the wedding where he asked some pointed questions and helped us ensure we had all the songs we needed to be picked out. He was one of the first vendors to show up the day-of and was just very attentive, making sure he was aware when we wanted to wrap a dance up or something. He was also just very attentive to our family; when my mom asked for more of a certain style of music, he read the room and acquiesced. My husband and I have been saying how much we appreciated DJ Shamoudi ever since our wedding. We cannot wait to recommend him to friends and family for their weddings and major events. We will definitely be going back. Also, their platform for uploading your schedule and songs is really user-friendly as well.
    Tara A. Married on 09/11/2021

Unmatched Perfection!

DJ Shamoudi's reputation proceeds him so, it's not surprising that his performance during our wedding weekend in Tulum was absolute perfection. Not only was he super easy to coordinate travel arrangements and lodging with in the months prior to our wedding weekend, he also managed to DJ for two of our events with completely different vibes of music. His execution lead MANY of our guests to repeatedly come up to us and compliment our choice in DJ. He managed to keep everyone on the dance floor -- even while it rained for a short portion of the reception. No one could even tell how difficult it was to protect his equipment during because of how professional and seamlessly he continued to work! We are so grateful that he joined us on our big day(s) and couldn't imagine it any other way. Thank you so much DJ Shamoudi!!!!
  • Tiana
    Tiana H. Married on 08/28/2021

Best International DJ!

DJ Shamoudi and his team are AMAZING! We used him for our Persian/American wedding and they made everything so easy for us. DJ Shamoudi met with me 2 weeks before my wedding to go over day-of logistics such as the timeline for the day and our song selections. We used him for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. The song I had selected for the ceremony was one where I had asked him to stop the music at a certain point and play it again when I entered as the bride. He did such a good job with the timing, making sure everyone's names were pronounced correctly, and making sure all of my guests had a good time. A sign of a good DJ is making sure the dance floor is never empty and our dance floor never was. He did a FANTASTIC job blending American, Persian, and International music into the night. He is truly one of the best in the business and I am so grateful for the positive impact he had on my wedding day. Guests came up to us the next day saying how AMAZING the DJ was. THANK YOU!
  • Maryam
    Maryam N. Married on 08/21/2021

Hire him ASAP!

You need to hire DJ Sjamoudi ASAP before he books. He is one of the best DJ's I've had the pleasure to work with, hands down. First of all, can a DJ make or break your wedding? YESSSSS. I can't stress this enough. After experiencing my own wedding and being in two other weddings, your DJ can totally make or break not just the wedding vibes but also your mood. It is so important to have someone that is not only highly experienced, but understands people and can read the room. DJ Shamoudi did an amazing job connecting with my wedding and making sure everything was going smoothly. He did great at announcements and played all the right songs and listened to exactly how I was feeling about music and vibes for my wedding. Things got super busy for me and every step of the way DJ Shamoudi always followed up and asked the right questions. Hours before the wedding I was last minute changing/adding a song entrances and DJ Shamoudi was more than accommodating. He was so nice about it and everything went PERFECT. This was also not my first time seeing DJ Shamoudi in action, he was also the DJ at my cousins wedding 6 years ago, where my current husband and I attended. He did a fantastic job than and has only gotten better! Hire him quickly before he books! I got extremely lucky to book him when I could! Thank you DJ Shmaoudi for an unforgettable experience.
  • Nancy
    Nancy M. Married on 05/22/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Danced until the last minute!

DJ Shamoudi and his team were great! I'm Egyptian and my husband is Ghanaian, so I was worried about finding a DJ that would be able to play both our music. DJ Shamoudi asked us to add as many songs to the list so he can start figuring out transitions, since it would be his first Egyptian/Ghanaian wedding. That was awesome because day of he was great!! Everyone had a blast and next thing we knew, he said it was the last song. DJ Shamoudi had people dancing the whole time and that was the goal!
    Tina K. Married on 12/12/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Shamoudi Entertainment All The Way!!

DJ Shamoudi is the best deal in town. A professional DJ/MC who offers all the options for a perfect and memorable wedding. They provided me with lighting, monogram, indoor fireworks (got everyone so excited) and an officiant for the ceremony, in addition to the DJ music performance and song selection that packed the dance floor through the event. They are a full-service vendor and prices are very reasonable. You just can't go wrong. Highly recommended.
    Mona B. Married on 11/27/2020

Best Decision Made Selecting My Wedding DJ

I always dreamed of a big wedding with a huge crowd on the dance floor. Initially planned a wedding with 250 guests but then the pandemic messed up our plans. Had to reduce my wedding guests to only 50 people and I thought, well, there goes my dream. But when Shayan took over the stage, everyone was dancing the whole time. The energy with which he performed and the unbelievable selection of music was amazing. He played a mix of songs and kept everyone happy. People are still talking about how much fun they had. And by the way, his setup was fantastic. The Gobo on the dance floor as we entered and during dinner, his amazing lighting and the indoor spark fountains made our wedding unforgettable. His MC service was also very professional and amazing. Thank you Shayan. Hope to see you again at our future celebrations!!
  • NASIM
    Nasim H. Married on 09/19/2020

The best in the biz!

DJ Shamoudi and his crew are hands down the best people for the job! He has a very advanced online platform where you can pick which songs you do or do not want played at your wedding. We met prior to discuss logistics and he gave his recommendations on the sequences of invents which was super helpful. He was able to incorporate Persian and American culture into the wedding so gracefully. He took the time to ensure wedding party names were pronounced correctly and brought a high vibe energy. Guests were on the dance floor all night having such a great time that they were begging for more even after the night was long over. Hire DJ Shamoudi and his team now before they are booked for your date! I am so thankful for all their hard work and high energy
  • Wint
    Wint A. Married on 08/16/2020

Best DJ Ever!!!!

DJ Shamoudi was our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception DJ and he was just simply amazing and kept the party going all night long during pandemic. DJ Shamoudi is very enthusiastic, he also did the uplighting of our venue, which was absolutely gorgeous. We highly recommend DJ Shamoudi. Thank you.
    Kaye D. Married on 08/16/2020

Unforgettable night

Couldn’t ask any more from Shamoudi Entertainment. The staff were very professional although very friendly and knew their stuff. Thank you Dj Shayan
    Mary S. Married on 04/07/2020

Absolutely the best!!

Shayan is absolutely the best DJ in the DC Metro area. Caring, dedicated, professional and overall amazing are just a few of his characteristics. He and his manager/agent were extremely helpful from the initial stages of providing a quote, sending a contract and fulfilling their job in more capacity that my husband and I ever expected. So, if you want a true professional whose passion is entertaining your guests and keeping everyone on the dance floor for your wedding or other parties, look no further than for Shayan at DJ Shamoudi.
    Shab P. Married on 12/07/2019

Wedding Reception

Having Shayan DJ my wedding was one the best decision I could have made in my planning - he was amazing & everyone (literally all age groups) had SO much fun. We had a mixed culture wedding but the fusion music was a HIT! Apart from the actual wedding night, everyone in this group is so nice, easily accessible, and very flexible throughout all the weeks leading up to the wedding! Music is such an important part of your big day... Go with this group - you will not be disappointed!!! Thank you Shayan so much!!
  • Limah
    Limah T. Married on 10/11/2019

Fantastic DJ for mixed wedding

DJ Shamoudi was accommodating and met our needs as a mixed couple (Afghan and Irish-German). It’s not easy to please two different cultures, but we had a great time and so did our guests! He was in tune the crowd and knew when to switch up the music. DJ Shamoudi was a joy to work with- very personable and detail oriented with the schedule. We would highly recommend his services to any of our friends or family!
    Pejmon N. Married on 10/04/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Best! Straight Up Fire!

DJ Shamoudi killed it! I wouldn't recommend anyone else for the job! He had everyone from babies to grandparents dancing all night long. We picked a few songs so he would know our taste in music, and then let him do his thing. He made it super easy to pick songs and stay organized. He communicated well, was prompt, and was very reliable. If we ever need anyother DJ in the future, we know who to call again. We're very happy we worked with DJ Shamoudi! We highly recommend him!
    Hootan Married on 08/03/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

He is what you want for your special day !

A Dj is one of the most important part of any celebration. We are so happy that we chose DJ Shamoudi. Throughout the process he was very professional, accommodating, and very organized. On the day of the wedding when you are busy with everything else you do not have to be worried about your DJ, he was early and ready to get the party started. We had a half afghan and half Iranian wedding and he did a great job at making both sides happy. I definitely recommend him, you will enjoy his services. Hope to book him for future events.
  • Noosha
    Noosha Married on 07/27/2019

Wonderful Dj!

We were so happy that DJ Shamoudi was our entertainment. He was professional, fun and one of the kindest people to work with. We had a mixture of Persian/American music and he nailed it! The entertainment is probably the most important aspect of a wedding and we were extreamly pleased with our decision. Take advantage of uploading the songs you really want on the portal that is provided, it makes your entertainment so much more personalized and the whole process so smooth!
  • Sojie
    Sojie Married on 06/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Awesome team! Great to work with!

I cannot even begin to express what an excellent decision we made in hiring DJ Shamoudi. We booked them pretty close to the event, had one meeting, and they did an amazing job! So professional, so stylish, so talented and SO KIND. We were very stressed, but picky at the same time. They have a great system for inputting the songs you want (and a any you absolutely do not). We went through so many details during our timeline meeting and they got every single music cue correct. I think the highlight was how perfectly our recessional (at our request) timed with our first kiss...totally beautiful and I'll remember it forever.

Another tip, if you want a team that can handle all kinds of musical genres and international flair, this is the team for you. We had Persian, Nigerian, American, old school Latino and Bollywood...everything! We requested most of the songs, but Shayan was also able to suggest more we hadn't thought of, and they were great!

One of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process.
    Nadia Married on 03/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

DJ Shamoudi is the way to go!

DJ Shamoudi is AMAZING! He's punctual (and I think even early), kind-hearted, passionate about what he does, & he knows music & what will keep the crowd dancing the whole time! On my wedding day, 3/9, so many things arose that I needed to attend to. One of the very few people I did not have to worry about was DJ Shamoudi. He took the time to work with us in advance to get a good feel for what we were looking for as a couple. He was able to balance a mix of music that was unique to each of our cultures (Iranian & Salvadorian/American). Our guests all raved about him and how much fun they had dancing at our wedding! He also provided everything we needed for our ceremony & cocktail hour. He and his team also put so much time and energy toward setting uplights and intelligent lighting, which completely transformed the look & feel of the room! The lighting also synced with the music at times which really added to the ambiance. We also loved the spark machines, we used them when we were introduced for the first time at the entrance of the reception. He is very fair and his prices are competitive, and the quality of service he provides is unmatched! If he is available to DJ your wedding or party of any sort, snatch him up before he is booked! I found out later through one of my friends that another couple tried to book him for the same weekend, so we were very lucky we booked him before someone else did :D. He and his team offer many services in addition to those we decided on, so definitely take the opportunity to work with him to determine which items best fit your venue & party! We are so grateful to DJ Shamoudi for doing such a phenomenal job. You only get one shot at the wedding night, so choose wisely, choose DJ Shamoudi!
    Elmira Married on 09/23/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    When my fiance and I got engaged, the first vendor I booked was DJ Shamoudi. I didn't have to think twice! If you want an excellent wedding, top notch playlist of songs, guests dancing all night long and more importantly PEACE OF MIND, then book Shayan! He is so professional, personable and pleasant to work with. He met with us in advance to go over every single song and details. Also, his MC skills are on point! 5 STARTS !
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message