DJ Rey Reviews

15 | San Diego, CA

15 Reviews for DJ Rey

Brittany B. · Married on 11/21/2020

Amazing, cant go wrong!

DJ Rey is kind, responsive, family oriented, caring, responsive, trustworthy and has excellent attention to detail. We cannot thank him enough for making our wedding amazing. We had an excellent time and it was so much better with him on the microphone! Highly recommend. Cannot give enough stars!!!

Sent on 03/18/2021

DJ Rey's reply:

Thank you Brittany and 5 stars to you and Isaac and family and friends that made the reception that much more fun. Continue to keep the love and fun alive in your marriage.
  • Alberto

Alberto · Married on 06/29/2019

Great bilingual DJ and MC

DJ Rey did a fantastic job executing the mood we wanted for our wedding reception. We needed someone who was bilingual and he did an excellent job playing a mix of English and Spanish songs as well as translating when needed for the announcements. He worked with us to play all the songs we wanted and then organized a playlist for us that included songs that were similar. He coordinated with the photographer and the people involved in the event to make sure everything ran smoothly. He was always available if we had any questions or adjustments to make. I would definitely recommend him for your event, it will give you great peace of mind to know he’ll help you have the party or event you want!

Sent on 06/30/2019

DJ Rey's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful review. By the way, the tacos served were amazing. Also the horchata drink and those cupcakes were super good! You all made my job easy and fun. May God continue to bless your marriage and family.

Kayla I. · Married on 05/04/2019

Wonderful DJ

The last thing I had to stress about was the DJ. DJ Rey was absolutely fantastic he was professional and helpful during the entire time. If we have another large event I know that he will be my first DJ to call! Thanks Rey for everything!

Sent on 05/13/2019

DJ Rey's reply:

You all made me feel like family. I loved how you guys got down to YMCA. Thank you for the wonderful review and I love the pics.

Sheila · Married on 08/25/2018

DJ Rey was Fabulous....Upbeat, Fun, always Smiling & gets the Guest participating. He also got out on the Dance Floor & led certain dances! He was Awesome & everybody Loved him. I would definitely use him again & would Highy Recommend him! ❤❤❤

Sent on 08/30/2018

Julie · Married on 10/28/2017

Without a doubt this is the best DJ if you want your guests to DANCE ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!
    I hope he is available for all of my future events. Seriously, the BEST!!

Sent on 05/30/2017

DJ Rey's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to give me such an awesome review. Looking forward to be a part of more fun & memorable celebrations.

Maryjane · Married on 05/31/2017

Where do I begin...DJ Rey is an exceptional DJ! He was referred to me by a friend and when I spoke to Rey, I knew I didn't have to look any further! I was in charge of my Christian school's Father/Daughter Dance back in February and I needed to make sure I found the perfect DJ who not only listened to what I needed played but also catered to girls from preschool - 12th grade! We had over 350 people in attendance and Rey kept the audience entertained the whole entire night. From making sure he had enough songs that kept the girls and fathers on the dance floor to entertaining them with games! Rey isn't one of those DJs that just announces a game is being held on the dance floor, leaves it up to the person in charge of the games and goes back to playing his music. He was interactive in ALL aspects of the games! He kept everyone smiling and laughing the entire time. From a hula hoop contest to musical chairs and limbo for both girls and fathers. It was pure laughter the whole night! By the time the evening was winding down, we still had over half the crowd still on the dance floor! They didn't want to leave! The most memorable part of the evening was when Rey asked the fathers to take their daughters in their arms for the last song of the night - Cinderella by Steven Chapman...it was the absolute perfect song to end the night. We had girls in tears dancing to his last song. DJ Rey truly made our Father/Daughter Dance a magical and enchanted night for all our princesses. I had so many parents come up to me and tell me how this was the best F/D Dance they've ever been to because I hired the perfect DJ. I'm so excited to have him back next year for our next F/D Dance! Thank you Rey! You are a true blessing!

Sent on 05/05/2017

DJ Rey's reply:

Thank you MaryJane. It was an honor and a blessing to be a part. You're the best!

Carolina · Married on 11/05/2016

Oh my goodness...DJ Rey did an AMAZING job as our MC and DJ!!! First of all, he was great to work with during the planning phase of the party. He was always quick to respond to any questions we had and he followed up with last minute details, which I loved, because as you all now, the closer to the event, the more our minds are mush, so having his support in that area was great! The night of our event, he arrived early and had everything set up and ready to go before guests arrived. He was so flexible with us and even willing to interpret from English to Spanish as well as Spanish to English. He was so witty and fun! Our guests LOVED him and were even requesting him to be in their photos, haha! I had many guests come up to me saying how fun he was! His music selection was on point! He definitely went above and beyond to help create a fun and special atmosphere for our celebration! Thank you so much DJ Rey!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Treeana · event on: 03/07/2015

DJ Ray arrived early and was ready to go for the party. He was flexible to our time changes. He also gave me a form to fill out in advance so that he could prepare the type of music that I wanted for my party. He incorporated my name into some songs which was awesome. He was also very responsive to song requests or switching the genres, since I needed American and Latin music. Great DJ!

Sent on 03/11/2015

DJ Rey's reply:

Looking back this was a lot of fun and honored as always to have been the honored DJ. Thanks again for the review.

Cassandra · Married on 10/24/2014

DJ Rey is amazing! He is so professional and plays such great music. You cannot beat his prices and up lighting. I looked all over the internet to find a DJ and met him through my wedding coordinator. He explained how everything worked, got to know us so see where he needs to gear the music too, and made the crowd dance all night long! I wish we lived in San Diego to have him perform at more of our events. Music is so important to me and my husband and everyone keeps telling us how sore they are from dancing! Thank you DJ Rey for the best wedding music!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Judith · Married on 10/18/2014

Rey Pena (DJ Rey), did a phenomenal job at our daughter’s wedding providing the music and MC’ing. We cannot express enough what a wonderful job Rey did from the very star. He insured that the wedding went exactly as planned, and the music was exactly as desired along with the music to avoid. He was able to transition from the cocktail hour to dinner. Then onto a full evening of dancing, where he also provided the lighting which set the mood and tone keeping the dance floor full. We received several great compliments on the variety of music and how it wasn’t the same music played at every wedding they’d attended. The guest all felt comfortable coming up to dance. We heard back from several of our guests telling us that the entire wedding from start to finish was amazing, and that the DJ completed their experience.
    Thanks to DJ Rey, our daughter’s vison was complete. We are happy to recommend him to our friends and family for any of their events.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Judith · Married on 10/18/2014

Sent on 10/22/2014

April · event on: 10/11/2014

Rey is an excellent DJ. He was very personable yet professional. We enjoyed his musical variety along with our requests. This is the 2nd time we have had him DJ interestingly enough many our guests asked if we were going to have DJ because they really enjoyed him from the last time.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Jacqueline · event on: 09/19/2014

DJ Rey was AMAZING! He arrived before his scheduled time to set up and was very professional. All of his song choices were excellent! He knew exactly how to keep the mood going and created a really fun ambiance for our party. We will definitely be inviting him back for all of our future DJ needs.

Sent on 09/20/2014

Timothy · Married on 01/02/2016

DJ Rey was excellent to work with; from planning, to execution he was kind, professional, and supportive of anything we thought of ad provided great guidance and counsel if we were to crazy or not clear in our thoughts.

DJ Rey's selection of music for the event was excellent, and he was very well equipped to handle any request our guests had. Everyone who commented, only had praise for Rey's ability to satisfy their desire to dance; and if people on the dance floor is any indication, Rey hit it out of the park as the floor was crowded and active ;-)

DJ Rey was excellent at last min adjustments as it relates to connecting his equipment to the venue's video equipment. His preparation for any configuration, allowed everyone to enjoy the video I created with the quality audio system he brought.
    I highly recommend Rey for any DJ and MC needs.

Sent on 01/19/2016

DJ Rey's reply:

Thank you Timothy. It was a wonderful ceremony and great celebration for your daughter's birthday. Thanks for taking the time to give me a review.

Mattie · Married on 07/31/2011

This DJ is the best DJ you will ever find!! I worked as a banquet server for weddings and so I had seen my fair share of DJs... Many DJs dont know how to work a crowd- they just play whatever music you selected, but in a horrible order: rap, then slow country, then 80's.... Horrible. BUT DJ Rey knows exactly how to get everyone up and dancing!! He was wonderful!! If he doesn't have music you want- you can send him the files so there is no issue of him not having a song. He is not only professional, but he is a great person and really will give your wedding LIFE!! He doesn't have a website, but I listed his e-mail so he should be easy to get in touch with!!

Sent on 08/16/2011