34 Reviews for DJ Prashant - Indian Wedding DJ in Chicago

Liability Insurance (1)
Disco Ball (1)
Projector (1)
34 DJ Prashant - Indian Wedding DJ in Chicago Reviews

oDJ Prashant was absolutely wonderful to work with for our Mixed Indian/American Wedding! To tell the truth, my husband and I are terrible in terms of knowing music and who plays the songs we like or the names of those songs. Add to that, we were extremely worried about how we would mesh a playlist that caters to 50% American guests and 50% Indian guests of all ages. About two weeks prior to the event, I sent a list of songs after watching YouTube for an hour of what style we liked and described the ratio of Indian: American music. I assumed DJ Prashant would play X number of Hindi songs and then American songs the rest of the night. But he did one better, he used Hindi backbeats on American songs and really got everyone on the dance floor. Many guests stayed on the dance floor the entire time from 8-12 PM. He included some nice dance lights as well. It was truly a dance party! My husband and I could not be happier! In addition, he was wonderful to work with! He welcomed our questions and requests to make changes to our contract throughout the process. I would whole-heartedly recommend DJ Prashant because he’s very reasonably priced compared to competitors, reliable, offers prompt responses, and he was really able to read the crowd and make changes as necessary!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Prashant did a fantastic job as our wedding DJ! He was very accommodating and receptive to changes we made until the last minute.

Profile Picture Boski , 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Prashant did our wedding and we absolutely loved him! We had a Pakistani and American wedding.. we Wanted a mix of Bollywood, new hip pop, and edm music.. Prashant mixed it all so well. Also, just dealing with him was so easy! Thank you gain Emma & Matthew Shaughnessy

Profile Picture Emma, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Prashant did a great job for our wedding and reception on December 22, 2017. From the first time we spoke with him he was easy to work with and made sure he understood exactly what we were looking for. He is very knowledgeable about new things available and ways to make the wedding/reception more memorable. During the reception he was friendly with our guests and once again easy to approach with requests and last minute changes. Thanks DJ Prashant for making our reception a night we will never forget!

Profile Picture Iva, 12/22/17, 1 Review
4.7

Prashant was amazing at my fusion wedding this month. He seamlessly mixed Bollywood, Tollywood, and English songs, and was really flexible in taking requests from our guests. Our venue had a complex layout, and he was able to work around it to ensure that the sound was great and the bass was bumping. Many of our older guests appreciated that he played oldies Bollywood love songs during dinner, and our younger guests definitely appreciated the hits. Prashant does ask you to do some preparation prior to your event, but the end result was worth it. 10/10 would recommend.

Profile Picture Sameera, 12/9/17, 1 Review

works well on the fly
completely worth the investment

Profile Picture joseph, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Prashant did an amazing job with all of the music at our wedding!! We had an Indian-Irish-Hindu-Christian fusion wedding and he did an awesome job seamlessly blending all of the music to make it fit perfectly with our theme while keeping the entire crowd out on the dance floor all night!! We got SO many compliments on how the wedding all came together and how much fun people had at the reception and we owe a huge thanks to Prashant for helping make that possible!! Prashant is a great Indian DJ in Chicago, but he does an excellent job with American music as well. We had quite a long song list including American oldies and he was able to pull off the entire playlist beautifully. We could not be happier with how the whole event turned out and would highly recommend Prashant for anyone looking for a DJ!

Profile Picture Matthew, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had the pleasure of having DJ Prashant as our dj for our wedding reception. He was absolutely wonderful! Extremely professional and extremely good at what he does! He was very receptive to our ideas, carried out our mixes, entrances, performances, and announcements flawlessly. He is the best Indian DJ in Chicago! Hire him, best decision you'll
Make for your event!

Profile Picture Feraz, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used DJ Prashant for our engagement party and he did a great job!! He was really professional to work with and it was easy to coordinate everything with him, even from out of town. He started early and even stayed late, letting our guests continue dancing. He played a great mix of Hindi, Punjabi and English music. Everyone had an amazing time!!

Profile Picture Neal, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Prashant was amazing! We used his servies for our Mendhi based on recommendations from friends and reviews online. We were looking for someone who could mix our music tastes - Bollywood and Electronic. Prashant was very prepared and professional. He asked us for a list of songs we'd like to be played and actually reviewed the materials we sent him. He wasn't one of those DJs that just hits play and sits back for the night. He was very invested in his work, accommodated requests from guests, and mixed our music tastes even better than we had anticipated! The music throughout the night was perfect - it kept the dancefloor packed for the entire night! Overall Prashant does phenomenal work and has a great attitude. It was a pleasure working with him. If you're looking for an Indian DJ in Chicago, Prashant is your guy!

Profile Picture Farah, 8/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Prashant was amazing! He was communicative and available whenever we needed to change anything. Prashant is very kind and attentive. Music was one of the most important elements to us and his ability to transition into different genres was amazingly perfect for our fusion wedding. Several wedding guests have reached out to me to comment on how amazing they thought our DJ was. I cannot suggest DJ Prashant enough. Thank you for helping to make our wedding amazing!

Profile Picture mitchelldesaiwedding@gmail.com, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

DJ Prashant has to be the best Indian wedding DJ in Chicago!

We booked Prashant for both nights (sangeet and reception) of our fusion wedding in Chicago this summer, and he absolutely nailed the type of mixes we were looking for. He also went above and beyond, creating custom mixes for us prior to the wedding week for the sangeet so we could practice more seamlessly.

Prashant is extremely professional, was very well prepared, and could not have been easier to work with. We’d recommend Prashant to everyone!

Profile Picture Dustin, 7/3/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Prashant did a great job DJing at our wedding reception. Our guests danced all the way till the end of the event - Prashant's music choice was great to keep our guests dancing. Our wedding was a fusion wedding and the groom's side being American were not familiar with Indian songs - however, Prashant chose good mix of American and Indian songs that they enjoyed dancing to.He also helped us make a mix of some dance songs for our dance performance. We also used Prashant for our wedding ceremony and he was great with the transitions of songs for the bridal group entrance.

Profile Picture Shally, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired DJ Prashant for our Hindu ceremony and reception in Brookfield, IL.

Leading up to the big day, we sat down with Prashant to go over what we were looking for and it seemed like and understood our vision and style. He is also educationally trained in sound engineering, so that was a big plus.

Before the wedding, we had several special requests such as mixing us a first dance song, which he was happy to do for us, going above and beyond what he was contracted to do. He was also helpful with any questions regarding our timeline, suggesting songs and helping with add ons (bharaat, dhol player, father-daughter dance.

On the day of, he was very prompt and professional. Our guests loved the upbeat bharaat music and elegant ceremony song selections. The priests microphone was perfectly set up and at just the right volume.

The receptions is where he really shined. We had a diverse crowd of both ethnicity and age, everyone was able to jam out on the dance floor to songs they were familiar with. Every inch of our dance floor was packed until it was time to shut it down. Prashant was great at the energizing the crowd and keeping everyone excited. He also perfectly followed our timeline, with many performances, speeches and entrances. To keep everyone organized, he had a great form where we filled out our favorite songs/artists and any specific songs needed for performances or entrances.

Overall if you're looking for an Indian wedding DJ in Chicago or the Chicagoland area, we strongly recommend DJ Prashant. He was one of our favorite vendors, and our guests keep raving about our music.

Profile Picture Kevin, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance

Prashant was absolutely amazing! He played the list of music we asked and was very cooperative and organized. He was very easy to communicate! and He was on time and an absolute pleasure to work with me. He played mostly Punjabi and hip hop which is exactly what we asked for. My husband felt the same exact way about him. During the Bharat, he played the right music by feeling the vibe and the requested songs to keep the crowd going. One of the best Indian DJ in Chicago.

Profile Picture Nikita, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I was going back and forth about having a DJ at my wedding reception, but I'm glad I did, and I'm glad I chose DJ Prashant! DJ Prashant was an excellent addition to the day. He was well organized, polite, and professional. He is also a super nice person.

I really appreciated how he had everything organized on forms before the wedding and went over it with me line by line. He also told me that he would be able to make sure the schedule was being followed and my reception was timely and flowed very well.

I would recommend him for your wedding reception needs, whether you are having simple reception with music in the background, or a full out dance party.

Profile Picture Samia, 4/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ in Prashant was great for our engagement celebration in Milwaukee, WI. Though he is an Indian DJ in Chicago, he was on time and set up with plenty of time to spare. His background as a live musician and sound engineer was so helpful as he monitored our live band's sound, and then when it came to Garba/Dandi Raas, he kept the party going with a great mix of evergreen songs and newer Bollywood hits. Prashant was professional in every way, and I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture N, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Prashant was awesome!! We had the chance to review his work as an Indian Wedding DJ in Chicago and he definitely did not disappoint. The guests were dancing until the very last dance! Great mix of Hindi, Punjabi and English music. Loved it! :)

Profile Picture User7083922, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Indian Wedding DJ in Chicago- He is pretty good in the sense that he plays a mesh of Indian/Bollywood/Punjabi/English songs. He is slightly more expensive than other DJs I researched; however, he makes up for it with his experience. I would recommend him.

Profile Picture Imran, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Prashant was a great DJ for our wedding. If you are looking for an Indian Wedding DJ in Chicago, he is the guy. We have an eclectic music taste, me liking Latin music and my wife wanting 90's hip hop and Indian music, and DJ Prashant did a great job mixing it all together. He was very professional from the beginning. He provides a clear list of flexible packages at good prices. He provided music for the Baraat, sound for the wedding, and music and sound for the reception. It all went off without a hitch.

Profile Picture Jacob, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired DJ Prashant for our baraat, wedding ceremony, and reception at the DoubleTree in Oak Brook. Absolutely amazing and phenomenal! He took care of everything for us so at the end of the day we could enjoy our wedding day without having to worry about the small details. He was very professional to work with and had a great line up of music at our reception..definitely knew how to keep the crowd going. He was very open to requests from our friends and family throughout the night as well. Very prompt and responsive and easy to work with. Highly recommended if you need a DJ for either a wedding, reception, sangeet, or just a party. All of our friends and family were impressed as he turned it up throughout the night!

Profile Picture Manish, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dance, Dance, Dance... yup this was the story of our reception until 1:30 am. DJ Prashant had the crowd going all night long! He definitely knew how to keep the crowd going throughout the night He knew what type of music to play to evolve all the different types of crowds! Thank you very much for keeping the night going and making our reception the best!!! He was super easy to get a hold of, responds to emails before it leave your fingertips! He was a one stop shop, he provided our dhol player, horse, projector, live band for garba, and photo booth. His prices are super reasonable and works with your budget.

Profile Picture Ritu, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Consultation

DJ Prashant was amazing. My husband is Mexican and I am Indian. He was able to accommodate both sides of the family very well, even during the Baraat. He really follows your timeline and is on point with every little detail. I also had two violinist performing for my bridal entrance and a live guitar player in the reception player. They had nothing but the best to say in regards to his professionalism and flexibility. Thank you for the amazing work!!!!

Profile Picture Pinkey, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation

If you are looking for an Indian Wedding DJ in Chicago who is comfortable handling all aspects of an Indian wedding/ceremony and knows how to host an awesome reception look no further than DJ Prashant. Prashant was one of the best parts of our wedding. Whether it was the baraat, providing music during the Indian ceremony, or starting the party during the reception, Prashant had us covered. He was very helpful in planning out the timeline for our day as we had several phone and e-mail conversations to sort everything out. If you are looking for an Indian Wedding DJ in Chicago, you can't go wrong with Prashant.

Profile Picture Sandeep, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Consultation, MC

DJ Prashant was a phenomenal part of our wedding ceremony, I would highly recommend him as an Indian Wedding DJ in Chicago. What I liked most about working with him was how professional, thorough, and detail oriented he was before the event. We had 2 phone conversations after filling out his spreadsheet with our Sangeet, Baraat, Wedding and Reception details, and in addition to following through on a number of very specific requests regarding our unique ceremony, he also had thought of things such as the dandiyas for Raas that otherwise would have been annoying to figure out elsewhere. He was great about working with our families who didnt want us as the couple to know what they would be performing to during the sangeet, and did a great job being flexible with specific requests of our performers on the fly. People had a ton of fun at all of our events and he was a crucial part of the process.

Profile Picture Aparna, 5/22/16, 1 Review