DJ Pete Wildermuth Reviews

31 Reviews for DJ Pete Wildermuth

• Dan

Dan Toth · Married on 06/16/2019

Excellent DJ!

We hired Pete for our wedding and were extremely happy with his DJ services! He's very friendly and personable; communication was top notch. Everyone was raving about the music at the reception. Announcements were on point, and he provided a microphone that projected well without any issues. He's an audio professional and it really showed; the music was loud without overpowering the entire room. It really was an A+ job well done! We'd definitely hire Pete again.

Sent on 07/13/2019

Steven · Married on 09/22/2018

I highly recommend hiring Pete for your upcoming event. A few key points about Pete:

1. He is very responsive to emails and phone calls and even proactively followed up with reminders, etc.
    2. He did a site visit with us months before the wedding to fully understand the acoustic and lighting needs for the outdoor ceremony and indoor dance floor areas. He nailed this on our wedding day.
    3. When questions came up or decisions needed to be made with the venue, Pete was there with suggestions and ready to participate.
    4. He gladly accepted our music requests and suggestions. He flawlessly executed playing key songs post-ceremony, first dance, last dance - no glitches.
    5. We provided him with more than enough songs for the 3 hours of dancing. He was a true professional and read the crowd perfectly keeping the dance floor moving for 3 HOURS! No lags, no awkward moments, just pure dance fun.
    6. The recordings he provides of the ceremony and toasts are priceless. I’ve listened to them a few times already and it’s only 2 weeks post-wedding.
    7. He took care of all logistics for his equipment, set-up, removal. We really did not know he was there doing this behind the scenes.
    8. Last thing - he’s are really nice guy! Easy to work with, no drama, no crazy DJ/MC antics. Aside from keeping the dance floor going for 3 hours, this is really important.

I could go on but contact Pete and see for yourself.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Colleen · Married on 09/08/2018

We highly recommend DJ Pete Wildermuth! Pete was the DJ for our outdoor wedding, both the ceremony and reception, and did a fantastic job. He did a flawless job transitioning the music for the ceremony, had a great variety during the cocktail hour, and kept the dance floor full during the reception. We had several guests tell us how great our DJ was! Additionally, Pete was very responsive leading up to the wedding and arrived early day-of. We can’t recommend Pete enough!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Patricia · Married on 09/01/2018

Pete is a great DJ. He is a true professional. Made the whole planning process easy. Knew what the crowd wanted and delivered!!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Nina · Married on 08/11/2018

Pete was fantastic and we couldn't recommend him more! He made planning easy by having us fill out a sheet with our timeline, the songs we wanted for specific moments in the evening, and the type of music we like. Communicating with him was easy and he was very responsive over email. On the day of the wedding he arrived early to set up and check that everything was working perfectly. Pete also did the lighting and we were thrilled with the results! He created a perfect amber glow that provided some sunshine during our indoor ceremony on a grey rainy day, and later changed the vibe for the dancing. Pete made sure to learn to correctly pronounce everyone's names and was extremely accommodating with a last minute request to incorporate foreign songs. He immediately put us at ease with his friendly down to earth personality, but is also very professional and provided great sound quality for the ceremony and reception. Most importantly, Pete's music choices were spot on! He really understood what we like and played the music we love while also mixing in fun songs to get everyone dancing.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Samantha · Married on 05/19/2018

Pete was an amazing DJ! He was extremely accommodating to type of music we wanted played at our wedding! People were dancing all night, which is exactly what we wanted. He knows what he’s doing and is very good at it. He was very professional towards our guests when they were making song request. I highly recommended Pete and won’t hesitate to hire him again !

Sent on 06/06/2018

Karen · Married on 05/05/2018

We were very lucky to have Pete as our DJ! We had a long list of requests prior to the wedding for what songs/genres we wanted, and he was extremely accommodating. Our guests were also making many requests all night, which he stayed remarkably on top of. We had multiple guests during the wedding or even weeks later remark about how impressed they were with the DJing. Additionally, we had a few specal elements to our wedding such as specific instrumental music for the ceremony and a live song performance for our first dance, and he was totally flexible and able to meet each request. Pete was overall very easy to communicate with throughout the process and completely delivered on his services. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 06/12/2018

David · Married on 04/28/2018

Pete was great. He was extremely flexible with his schedule for the wedding and arrived very early to set up so that he would not be in the way during our first look. The sound quality during both the ceremony and the reception were great, and he helped give us ideas and songs for our ceremony. For the reception, I gave Pete a handful of songs I knew we wanted to hear during the cocktail hour and dinner, and a few during the dance portion of the night. Pete used those songs and filled in the rest of the time with similar music and wedding classics. He was great to work with and worked well with our other vendors, and was extremely reliable, which made it a very stress free atmosphere. I would not hesitate to use him again.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Danielle · Married on 12/09/2017

Pete was great! We highly recommend having Pete DJ your wedding.

Pete did the sound and music for our ceremony. He also recorded our vows, which was so nice to listen to after the ceremony (it went by so quickly, it was a blur! So it was nice to be able to listen to the recording afterwards.)

Pete was easy to plan with, super responsive to emails and very open to our ideas. We wanted our wedding to have a 80s/90s vibe and Pete was great! He was very open to our ideas of songs that we wanted played and was very attentive to our "do not play" list. The songs he choose were perfect and he kept the music flowing all evening. Our guests of all ages loved the music during cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Emily · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband and I both highly recommend Peter Wildermuth to be the DJ for your wedding or event. We both were a little scared of booking a DJ for our wedding (we had seen some pretty annoying/overbearing DJ's at past weddings), but Peter put us at ease. From the first conversation, he listened to our wishes and requests for music and style. He even asked for a list of our favorite music so that he could tailor the music to our tastes. He was so spot on with music choices all night, we had trouble staying off the dance floor! Also, beyond bringing his own equipment, he also brought additional up lights to liven up the dance floor, which was an unexpected bonus. It added some fun elements to our wedding pictures from the later part of the evening.

Peter is a kind and interesting person, who is also professional and responsive. The process of booking him was very straight-forward and easy. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/25/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2017

Pete was the DJ for our outdoor wedding and I can't say enough about him! Our guests keep talking about how great the music was. We got married in a park and I wasn't sure about how a dance party would go over but boy did it happen! Pete really read the crowd and played music that kept everyone dancing throughout the night. He checked in with us to make sure we were happy with how things were going, and he even covered for me when I messed up my parents' wedding song! Pete is very easy to communicate with and down to earth. I recommend Pete 100%!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Mike · Married on 08/12/2017

Pete was amazing. Very professional, played exactly what we wanted, did not need any assistance on what to do. Easy to work with, great price, made sure we didn't miss anything when preparing for our wedding (first dance, how to pronounce names for introductions, last song, don't plays, etc.). I would suggest Pete to anyone needing a DJ for not just their wedding but any event.

Sent on 08/28/2017
  • W

WR · Married on 06/17/2017

Pete was a fantastic DJ. He was at our venue extra early, was able to provide sound equipment fo the ceremony, and was ready to go for cocktail hour.

We gave Pete a playlist for pre-ceremony and the cocktail hour, and he really felt our style and mood during the reception. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a dance floor that full for an entire wedding reception.

Pete was a great communicator in the months leading up to the wedding, and he was really receptive to what we were looking for (a DJ, not a hype-man). He was great with our guests and was responsive to requests not just for music, but for adjusting lighting and volume, etc.

We could not have been happier with having Pete as our DJ, and we would recommend him to anyone looking for someone who is friendly, professional, and well-priced.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Dan · Married on 10/28/2016

Pete is such a great and down to earth guy. I had a couple conversations with him on the phone leading up to my event, and he was super easy to talk to. He really tuned into my wife and I's musical tastes perfectly. Best of all, he brought state of the art equipment with him and his microphones had a crisp sound that even my most elderly relatives could clearly hear. Thanks Pete!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Meghan · Married on 09/30/2016

I have to say from the first time I talked to Pete on the phone I knew he was the guy for the job!
    He has a wonderfully, welcoming personality it really helped my husband & I in making our decision making.
    Most of the DJs we had talked to did not even seem interested in our needs our desires for our own wedding.
    Pete made absolute sure we had everything we wanted & needed! He checked in with us frequently , let us know of any changes, made sure of our timelines & assured us he would play our favorite tunes!
    Our wedding day was amazing!
    While my bridal party was entering our venue I could hear the processional song, it sounded so powerful, clear, & crisp! As did everything else!
    Pete worked with our pastor, who also did a few songs during the ceremony, & it went very seamless for him while using Petes equipment.
    The playlist Pete had set up for the night was so true to my personality & my husbands. Everyone throughly enjoyed the tunes that were played & had a blast on the dance floor!
    Pete even looked like he was enjoying himself, which made it all the better for us knowing we definitely picked the best person for the job.
    Thank you so much!
    Meghan & Daniel

Sent on 10/02/2016

Nicole · Married on 09/24/2016

Pete was such a pleasure to work with, and we didn't even interact that much during the event. Most of his work is done behind the scenes: making sure the songs were all set and cued up perfectly, providing microphones and recording the ceremony, working with the coordinator for easy transitions, etc. I might not have seen him much through the night but his presence was felt through the amazing atmosphere he created.

Going into this I was a little nervous that no one would be dancing because my guest list skews older. But Pete read the vibe of the crowd and chose the right music selections to get everyone out there. My 70 year old aunt even exclaimed "I think he's playing these songs just for me!". People stayed on the dance floor all night and raved about it the next day.

I would recommend Pete to anyone who asked. ..and even those who don't!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Laya · Married on 09/17/2016

What initially attracted me to Pete during the planning process was how attentive he was to all of my (typical bride--meaning I had so many) questions. He answered everything quickly and courteously. More than that, he gave me very specific tasks to do, which, when you're in the middle of wedding planning, you need to have concrete tasks instead of vague ideas. My husband and I never got to meet Pete prior to our wedding. But with our frequent e-mail interactions and phone calls, I felt like I knew Pete pretty well--I felt very comfortable with him!

Regarding his actual service, I could not have asked for a better time during our ceremony and reception. Our wedding guests LOVED him and raved about him to my husband and I even weeks later. I LOVED the fact that he recorded our ceremony and the quality was great. I admittedly listen to it when I'm exercising! Makes the time go by faster! We enjoyed the variety of music he played. He took a good percentage of what I had requested, but at the same time picked other songs that were a clear wedding favorite. He did a great job announcing dinner and events that I felt there was never a dull moment. We had such a wonderful and fun evening, and a lot of that is due to Pete! You can't beat him! Especially at his price!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Katherine · Married on 07/16/2016

We had Pete as the DJ and MC for our wedding reception and he did a fantastic job! We enjoyed working with Pete during our wedding planning process. He was always prompt in responding to phone calls or emails that we had with questions. He listened to our vision for the music and reception, as well as offering his own good professional suggestions. We had quite a range of people attending with different ages, backgrounds, and musical tastes, and Pete did a great job of setting the mood with a variety of enjoyable music, playing songs from our prior list of requests, songs that were his own ideas, and live requests. His MC announcements were clear and timely, the dinner music was quite pleasant and at an appropriate volume, and when it was time to dance he got the party going and kept people dancing! We would absolutely recommend Pete as a DJ & MC for your wedding reception.

Sent on 08/06/2016

Rick · Married on 07/09/2016

We couldn't be happier with hiring Pete as the DJ for our wedding. He was very easy to work with and was able to capture the music theme we were looking for perfectly. We originally were going to have our ceremony outside but when rain started last minute Pete was on top of everything and ready to go moments later when we moved the ceremony inside. Towards the end of the night Pete noticed my wife and I had not gotten on the dance floor due to the ceremony rain delay and the extra time it took us to go around greeting all our guests. Without us asking him he checked with the venue coordinator then approached us offering to extend his time a half hour to make sure we we had time to get on the dance floor. We highly recommend Pete.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Holly · Married on 04/16/2016

We had a great experience working with Pete! He was easy to work with, communicated often, and was responsive to our evolving needs. He did a great job working with our ideas for music and expanded on it with his own. Overall, we'd highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/01/2016

Ashlie · Married on 10/10/2015

Pete was fantastic!!! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ. He was great with communication, answered all 7 million bride questions I had, and delivered beyond our expectations.

He showed up extra early to set up and confirm that he could pronounce everyone's names for introductions, which is always a bonus. He transitioned all three songs I requested for the ceremony smoothly and perfectly. He also has a service you can get where he can record your ceremony/vows for you. This was one of the highlights as the ceremony was such a quick blur for us, that being able to re-listen to our vows over and over for the rest of our lives is something we will always cherish.

He worked with my wedding coordinator on the little things so that I didn't have to worry about them. AND i had a slideshow with my dad for our father/daughter dance, and he got it working from my MAC to the venue's projector; thank god he has a production background or we may not have been able to have the slideshow at the reception, so that was an extra bonus.

During the dance party, he played the right songs and got more than 75% of our wedding guests on the dance floor (even the people over 60 were out there!!) and he took all my friends ridiculous song requests and had the majority of the songs! So that was proof that his library is very large!

Overall, we were more than happy with Pete. Prompt, professional, and very personable! We would definitely recommend Pete to a friend, and we will use him again if we ever need a DJ for a party.

Thank you Pete for making our wedding a day we'll never forget!
    Ashlie & Brad

Sent on 10/20/2015

It was a pleasure working with Pete for our wedding. What initially attracted my attention was his professional audio background. Having played in a band for years, I knew he was a skilled audio engineer who knew how to set up and get the most out of his equipment.

Once we started working with Pete, I found him to be professional, courteous, and extremely responsive and accommodating of our requests. We worked with a couple crappy vendors that put a huge damper on our wedding day, but Pete showed up on time, with the right equipment, and contributed great music to a beautiful evening. He knew when to play what we requested and when to feel out the audience. He performed light MC duties that helped us keep the night going smoothly. We received so many compliments on the evening's music.

If I'm ever in the need of a DJ or Sound Engineer in Massachusetts, I'm calling Pete! 5 Stars all around!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Drew · Married on 09/06/2014

We can't say enough about how happy we were with Pete as our wedding DJ. We provided him with our picks for first dance, processional, etc. and a list of ideas of our eclectic taste. Then we let him work his magic. The music was a hit from start to finish and the dance floor was consistently full with guests of all ages. On top of that, Pete did a great job as MC and kept the reception rolling right on schedule. He was extremely professional and a great communicator, as well as being a great guy in general. Plus his rates were the best in the area. We would highly recommend Pete as a wedding DJ...or for any other event.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Ann · Married on 06/14/2014

Peter provided 5star service from the moment I contacted him. He was prompt and professional on the phone and in emails and provided all the information I needed to secure his DJ services for my daughter's wedding. He followed up when he said he would and was set up and ready for our wedding reception when we arrived. The selection of songs were excellent and we could carry on conversations and have plenty of music and dancing at the same time. I highly recommend Peter to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Jill · event on 11/02/2013

If I could, I would give Peter more than 5 stars as his performance as our DJ is excellent! This is the second year in a row we've had the pleasure of working with Peter for our holiday party and he has done a great job both times. We plan to continue to contact him next year as well when the time rolls around. He has a great selection of music (and the ability to provide songs on the spot) excellent equipment, and he is friendly and professional. We'll see you next year Peter!

Sent on 11/05/2013