DJ Persist Reviews

44 Reviews for DJ Persist

1 User photo

DJ Persist 1

Kristina · Married on 08/13/2016

THE BEST DJ YOU CAN GET! Jesse is very easy to work with. We had our final meeting the week of our wedding and I joked, "no pressure, but you are the most important part of the day." And looking back, the music really was. It set the tone for the whole evening. Whether you have a $60,000 or $10,000 wedding budget, none of the extra things will matter if everyone is just sitting around. If I could give Jesse 10 out of 5 stars I would. He listened to what we wanted and delivered in every way. From my 70-something year old aunt complimenting our pre-cermony music, saying that it wasn't the usual stuffy music you hear, or to the fact that immediately following dinner the dance floor was packed until last call, Jesse played music everyone enjoyed and knew how to keep the party going. I cannot say enough good things! If we didn't have such a great DJ, the reception would have been just horrible. Weeks after the wedding we are still getting compliments from guests about how amazing the DJ was and that he was the BEST DJ at any wedding they had been to before ours.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Pamela · Married on 07/23/2016

DJ Persist did a phenomenal job to say the least! We had endless compliments of how he was able to bring different styles of latin music and top hits seamlessly together. We even had several waiters come up to us and say that they have never seen the dance floor as packed for as long! DJ Persist was very professional from start to finish. He did a great job at ensuring that everything we wanted happened! We even requested his photo booth which our entire party had a blast with! My husband and I would recommend him, hands down, for any event you would have. You will NOT be disappointed! Thank you for everything you did for us on our special night! We could not have asked for anything better!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Andrew · Married on 06/12/2016

DJ Persist was flat out amazing.

We found out about him at my wife's Barrister's Ball when she was still attending Depaul Law a few years ago. He had the entire room dancing all night so we just we went up to him and got his card. It was still in my wallet 2 years later, so we called him and set everything up. We decided to get married at a restaurant called Carnivale and rocked it!

His name is Jesse. He's very organized, VERY professional and VERY helpful. We told him what we wanted and he delivered with ease. He will offer tons of suggestions to make your wedding as special as possible and he didn't disappoint. In a sense, he kind of works as a day of coordinator to keep things on schedule. We LOVED him.

His cost was $1000 which was pretty good for his service. He doesn't charge for working over a few extra hours and his basic package includes his state of the art sound system, 2 wireless microphones (which one did temporarily stop working during me reading my vows but he made up for that with his service), access to this really cool website that allows you to create a timeline for your event, add music that you want to play or don't want to play, and set music to play at certain points during the wedding. We were so confident in Jesse that we paid him in full up front but he only requires I believe at least 25% deposit and the rest before or at your event.

We got nothing but positive feedback from our guests about him. One of our friends was shocked that he wore a tux because DJs typically don't do that. The music was the best hits of the 90s, early 2000s and whatever else we wanted to hear. There was even a woman there with a leg brace on that refused to sit down because the music and mixes were just so good! We'd definitely hire DJ Persist again and we are so glad we picked him. If you are contemplating, do it. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Ambar · Married on 03/26/2016

DJ Persist provided amazing music for my wedding this past weekend. From the cocktail hour to dinner music to dance music, I received NOT ONE single complaint about music all night long. Jesse was very professional and kind and always checked in with if there was a change in the timing of events during the night. Before the wedding, I was able to upload my schedule, first dance songs, must play songs. etc and Jesse checked in with me a few days before just to clarify everything. He is truly a wonderful person and a great DJ! Guests from 2 years old to 97 years old were up at dancing. Jesse is wonderful and easy to work with. I'm so glad I went with him as the DJ for our wedding!

Sent on 03/29/2016

Jackie · Married on 09/25/2015

If I could give DJ Persist 10 stars I would but I'll break it down on why I gave him the highest rating:

Organization = 5 stars
    Months before he tells you to fill out a list of what types of songs you want to play and where on his website. And if you have writers block, no worries! His website has a volume of popular songs that people choose to play at certain times of the ceremony and reception.

Timeliness = 5 stars
    He told me long before my big day, "don't worry about a thing, everything will go smoothly." And it did! Throughout my wedding day he kept me and my (now) husband on track of what's to come, if we were running out of time for something, etc.

Keeping People on the Dance Floor = 5 stars
    He's extremely good at feeling the "vibe" your guests have while they're dancing. My wedding guests told me the whole night that he was an AMAZING DJ! He transition great to different songs and even to different genres. He had my guests dancing so much, they had to take off their shoes because they didn't want to stop dancing!

Price = 5 stars
    Compared to other DJ's he is very reasonable on his pricing and he has state-of-the-art equipment. The amount of talent that is put out there is outstanding and he does it all on his own! His lighting equipment was BREATHTAKING! That was the icing on the cake.

Professional/Personality = 5 stars
    DJ Persist is very easy to work with, he's very accommodating, friendly, and has a world of experience in the wedding world so his suggestions were really appreciated throughout the wedding planning and the day of. He was really early the day of the wedding too. So I didn't have to worry about him having to set up because he was ready to rock n' roll way before the bridal party even arrived.

Overall, you will not be disappointed in whatever venue you book him with! He's GREAT! Thank you Jesse for making my wedding day even more magical!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Dan · Married on 05/16/2015

Best DJ we could've gotten. He was very helpful and answered all my questions and gave great suggestions before the wedding. But the real service came on our actual wedding day. He really kept everything moving on time and tight, especially because we ran a bit late. He acted as our wedding coordinator and really did an amazing job. He came through on all our requests and needs 100% also got everyone dancing all night with the tv monitors, great music selections, and even glow necklaces. I would highly recommend him for any occasion but especially weddings. He is the true meaning of a DJ!!!

Sent on 05/26/2015
  • CROD

Cindy · Married on 05/08/2015

DJ Persist did my wedding on May 8, 2015. He was recommended to me by a friend who also had him DJ at her wedding. I highly recommend DJ Persist. He was professional, early to the reception, organized and played music everyone could enjoy. He played Spanish music for my family and English music for my husbands family. Look no further! You will be pleased with DJ Persist.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Carolina · Married on 03/28/2015

I was highly recommended to DJ Persist through family that has used him before and I know he's booked for another party later this year. Needless to say, we love his DJ services! I was a little worried because our wedding was interracial (I am Latina and my husband is Irish). I wanted to make sure that both families had a great time…..and boy did they ever! DJ Persist played music that he knew both sides would enjoy.

Jesse has an extremely helpful Music Selection site where you can plug in all of the pertinent details of your event (timeline, names of the wedding party, etc.). Very helpful! On that same site, you can let him know what songs are a must for the night and any other special requests. My fiancé and I met with Jesse before the big day to discuss final details/questions. He was very professional and had some good suggestions. Jesse is truly a nice guy who is there to make his clients happy!

The day of the wedding, everything went smoothly. Music was just as we requested: awesome! Everyone danced and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Like someone else mentioned in another review, my NON-DANCING husband also danced the night away!

Thank you again, Jesse. It was truly a pleasure working with you!

Sent on 05/05/2015
  • Z

Jeanette · Married on 12/13/2014

I have heard DJ Persist at the clubs and several friends recommended him. Since our first meeting, he was professional, always replying promptly and providing the services we asked for. He kicked everything up a notch with his amazing sound system, monogram lighting, photo booth, and monitors that played our picture slide show during dinner and music videos after! He made my wedding definitely one to remember!! He asked me for any song or genre preferences and I left it all up to him. I trusted that he would give us great variety and he delivered!! The crowd was jumping all night!! Awesome MC!! Thank you DJ Persist!!

Sent on 12/15/2014

L · Married on 11/15/2014

Jesse was amazing! Along with filling the dance floor at our Polish-Mexican wedding, Jesse made sure the whole night ran smoothly and was stress free for my husband and me. From our initial meeting to his detailed planning form, pre-wedding check-in and wedding day support not only is Jesse an amazing DJ but also a wonderful coordinator.

Sent on 11/17/2014

Nancy · Married on 06/06/2014

DJ Persist was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding!!! He is so well organized and made sure our wedding was running on the right schedule! He keeps you on track all night!! He was so awesome and we never had an empty dance floor. Our guest enjoyed his music so much!! So thanks Jesse for making our wedding such a fun amazing wedding!!! Love Alex & Nancy

Sent on 06/15/2014

Lorena · Married on 01/25/2014

Hiring Dj Persist was one of our best wedding decisions we made! We had seem him dj at a prom and a wedding prior so we knew that he did a great job in creating a great party atmosphere and we totally got that. He did a great job blending music and traditions from our interracial marriage. The guests loved the glow sticks and literally danced all night long. Jesse does a great job and picking the right songs that keep the party going. We also hired his photo booth service and it was a total blast. The guests loved the open concept of the booth and they loved all the fun props! The online forms prior was a great way to organize the event before. You won't be disappointed if you hire Dj Persist! :)

Sent on 02/06/2014

Susana · Married on 11/09/2013

I would most definitely recommend him for any type of event. He played at our wedding and was very professional. He knew the event schedule and kept me on time.

My guests were dancing all night long. I kept hearing how they had a great time. I have heard of DJs making or breaking the event, and DJ Persist made it happen. I previously worked with DJs and know a good DJ when I hear one. He most definitely will make your event an unforgettable one. You and your guests will be partying all night long. We had such a great time that I recently contacted him again for another event we're having.

Sent on 12/10/2013

Leticia · Married on 09/28/2013

DJ Persist DJ'd our wedding on September 28,2013 and it was nothing short of AMAZING. From start to finish his customer service was great. First, setting up the music selection was a breeze. He has a site where we could input our songs or at least the type of music we wanted along with a timeline of the night (when we wanted to cut the cake, bouquet toss ect). He provided some suggestions as far as order of the night (was not pushy at all) and his suggestions worked out better then my plans. He was very professional and personable you can even check out some of his mixes online. When it came to the BIG day everything went so smoothly. Just like he said he would check in to made sure we were ok moving on with (example) the toast ect. We danced the entire night away ...my husbands Tux was soaked (even his bow tie) from all the dancing..... Everyone danced all night long to all kinds of music. We got so many compliments on the great music variety (Banda, free stlye, rock, top 40, hip hop all of it). I really thank Jesse for making our Wedding as awesome as it was. I swear he made a special mix for us, I really like free style and I had listed all the songs I really liked... then all of a sudden they are playing all in a row.
    He even had light savers for the dance floor! We still get people saying how fun our wedding was. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend him.
    He not only provided the music we also had TV screens for the music videos and monogram and up lighting.

Sent on 11/07/2013

DJ Persist Dj'd my wedding 8-3-13 and it couldnt have been better. As others have said ppl complimented on how FUN it was and ppl that do not dance were dancing- that says a lot. He is very professional, organized, great with communication, and keeps you on time/schedule day of the wedding- no need for a wedding coordinator, :) . He did a great job!

Sent on 11/11/2013

DJ Persist or Jesse Palencia is a DJ in the Chicagoland area. After researching tons of wedding companies I found excellent reviews on Yelp.com of Jesse and decided after meeting him that he is the best option for us. We had a caucasion/latin mix wedding and this was right up his alley. He has a lot of experience in DJ'ing mixed weddings and he accommodated our requests and the music flowed very well throughout the night. We were very impressed with his professionalism, organization, muisic selections. He got the party started right away - people were on the dance floor and it was filled with tons of energy and interesting dance moves all night. He incorporated our guests requests and even announced the Blackhawks win! We were completely blown away and could not have had a better DJ! Thank you Jesse!

Sent on 06/26/2013
  • Gaby & Joey

Gabriela · Married on 12/31/2009

It has been almost a month since Jesse DJ'd my wedding and my husband and I are still randomly yelling out "Hold Up, Wait a Minute!" DJ Persist made our wedding such an awesome nightWe had a mix of Latino and Caucasian guests, and every single person had a blast. The best way to paint you a picture of Jesse's skills are by telling you about the people dancing...
    1.My non dancing husband danced ALL night, I could see through his shirt from all the dancing sweat.
    2. A man who had back surgery a week prior felt compelled to bust a move.
    3. The people that sit at parties and watch others dance...were sweating on the dance floor, thanking us for such a great party.
    4. The girl that only dances when drunk was dancing....and she was sober!
    5. The lady with the cane...made that cane work the dance floor with her!
    6. A white guy danced banda...he was so into it, he split his pants. No joke.
    7. The youngest dancer was 4 years old.
    8.The oldest dancer was 80+
    9. I (the bride) was on the dance floor the entire night. My feet were killing me, but the music was too good to stop dancing; I still have the scars on my feet from my pretty shoes to prove it!
    10. People that didn't know each other danced with each other, and it was not weird at all!
    The following were quotes from guest...
    "Best wedding music ever"
    "The music was on point all night"
    "I was too busy dancing I didn't event take pictures"
    "I was dancing so much, I didn't even think about checking my FB or texts"
    "Can you guys throw a party every year, because this was the best wedding I've ever been to"
    " People danced so much they forgot to take pictures"
    All that being said, DJ Persist is nothing short of professional. He kept me on schedule, and I never worried about the time frame of the night. The online tool he uses was helpful, and on top of all this, he is genuinely a nice guy and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Leah · Married on 07/01/2017

DJ Persist is a true professional. From start to finish, Jesse was very easy to work with and alway would make himself available to answer any questions we would have about the music for our wedding. He also provided us with an online toolkit that allowed us to set specific instructions about what to play and what not to play, as well as outline the entire night. On our wedding night, Jesse acted as MC and did an excellent job of managing both the flow of the night, and the soundtrack. The photobooth was a huge hit as well, both with us and our guests. Our guests had nothing but positive things to say about Jesse and the music. We would easily recommend him to anybody!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Renee · Married on 09/23/2017

Jesse is great! I met him through a friend who got married last year, and he was awesome enough to give me a bit of a discount by being referred from a friend/other wedding client. My friend's wedding was mostly Mexican music so I wasn't 100% sure at first since we were looking for regular/top 40s stuff, but Jesse was awesome. He kept to the script/ timeline I gave him, didn't play songs I put on the no play list (I OK'ed one when a friend wanted to hear it), and got everyone on the dance floor. Music was boppin all night with a great playlist.

Sent on 10/07/2017