DJ Persist Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Erica
    Erica G. Married on 12/10/2021

Jesse is man for the job!

We were full of a lot of doubt when we started planning our big day, but Jesse was a big help to us by making himself available to start planning all the details leading up to our event. We did not know what to expect going in, but after sitting down with him he was able to help facilitate our wedding by helping us with the programming and layout of the venue. He was a huge asset as he used his experience to put forth the best recommendations so that everything would run smoothly. We were able to sit back on that day and take in the experience with our guest as he was able to read the room and play the music that everyone enjoyed. He was able to get all age groups on the dance floor throughout the night. We couldn't have asked for a better night! DJ Persist is not just the music, he is the whole package!
  • Diane
    Diane O. Married on 11/26/2021

Great experience!

What an amazing and professional DJ! Jesse acted not only as our DJ but as a coordinator as well. He ensured we were on schedule throughout the entire ceremony and reception. Music was on point throughout the entire night....one of my bridesmaids even came up to me during the wedding and said this music is all you! He was able to catch our taste in music perfectly and our guests loved it!

Due to covid, we were able to meet virtually about a week before our wedding to go over music and timeline. His online system is easy to navigate and features "top _____" to help with ideas to pick the right song for garter/bouquet toss, first dances, etc. Very helpful!

And my absolute favorite thing about him is he ended our night in the best way possible! He played our last song of the night as expected but then he played 2 other songs that are close to both of us but aren't necessarily dancing type songs...BUT, he did it and the floor was packed for both of these. What an amazing way to end the night. Thank you so much Jesse, we couldn't have asked for a better DJ!
  • Taylor
    Taylor Married on 11/19/2021

Do not hesitate to book Jesse for your event!

I don't even know where to begin because I have so many amazing things to say about Jesse! We (very naively) waited until about 4 months before our wedding to even start looking for a DJ for our ceremony and reception. I found Jesse through my online searches and saw how many great reviews he had and I knew we had to book him. Unfortunately, his website said that he was booked through 2021. I reached out anyways and I am so glad I did because he had our date available!

Jesse was extremely helpful and reliable throughout the entire planning process. Our venue requested that all DJs do a venue tour prior to the event day and Jesse had absolutely no problems choosing a day and making the drive out to do so. The online planning tool that Jesse uses is super simple and user friendly. About a week before the wedding we had a final meeting that helped me feel completely at ease and confident that the music on our big day would be perfect. At this meeting, Jesse suggested adding an anniversary dance and I could not be happier he did - it was so fun to see all of the couples at our wedding dance and we got so many amazing pictures from this moment!

Jesse executed the day flawlessly. He kept our timeline on point. I am naturally a micromanager, but I had so much trust in Jesse that I never once looked at a clock to make sure that we were on schedule because I knew Jesse had it. Our wedding was mixed - my family being white and my husband’s hispanic - and I can honestly say that there was music for absolutely everyone throughout the night. We had the perfect balance of oldies, hip hop, 90’s rock, 00’s pop, bachata, salsa, slow dances, line dances and more. Jesse read the crowd perfectly and the dance floor was literally never empty. I may be biased, but thanks to Jesse I can honestly say our wedding was the most fun I have ever attended.

I will recommend Jesse time and time again to anyone looking for a DJ and hope that we have events in the future that give us the opportunity to book him again. If you’re considering booking Jesse for your event, just do it! You will not regret it.
    Daniel L. Married on 10/29/2021

Groom of Wedding

Jesse was simply excellent for our wedding. His attention to detail was precise. He essentially acted as a day of coordinator and made sure our reception stayed on schedule. His experience was on display as he was able to communicate effectively with the venue staff to make our wedding reception be our best day ever. He also blended traditional American style wedding music with Latin music for our Irish/Italian/Mexican wedding perfectly. All of our guests danced the night away. If you want a professional DJ at your wedding, hire Jesse.
    Nancy P. Married on 10/15/2021

Thank you jesse!

We booked DJ Persist for our wedding in October. In our initial conversation with Jesse me and my then fiancé had one goal in mind and it was to keep our guest and ourselves on the dance floor. DJ Persist did not disappoint, he understood the assignment! We had an amazing time, had so much fun and he got our vibe to the tee. We stayed on the dance floor all night. Very professional and organized, great MC that help set the tone for an unforgettable wedding.

Thank you Jesse for your professionalism and amazing energy that you brought to our wedding. You made our reception unforgettable and one our guest will talk about for years to come. We will definitely be reaching out to you for any event in the future! Can’t wait to work with you again- The Lopez
  • Ruby
    Ruby A. Married on 08/28/2021

Amazing Wedding Experience

Enrique & I had an amazing wedding experience. Thank you Dj Persist for keeping all our guests on the dance floor all night long. Our guest cannot stop talking about how much fun they had because of how much dancing they did. Dj persist helped us have such a wonderful memorable wedding because of his talent, professionalism, and responsiveness to Enrique & I and our wedding guests. We all had a blast thanks to Dj Persist.
    Gabriela N. Married on 08/27/2021

Great Experience

Our requests were listened to and he helped us keep everything on time!
    Trevor B. Married on 07/24/2021

Great Wedding DJ

I booked DJ Persist for my wedding and he did a fantastic job! He was very organized and responsive which made the music planning process easy. The day of the wedding he was right on time and throughout the day he made sure each part of the event ran smoothly. The music he provided during the reception was perfect and the photo booth that we rented through him was a hit as well. He is the perfect choice for any wedding celebration!
    Austin P. Married on 07/10/2021

Dream wedding thanks to DJ Persist!

Where do I even begin with DJ Persist? From the first call I had with him, I could tell he truly cared for his clients. He was always super responsive to every phone call or email. When it came down to the night of the wedding he acted like another wedding coordinator. He kept us on time and told us everything we had to do to the TEE. Heck, he even reminded us we needed to eat before making rounds to the tables to say hello to everyone. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. It was truly a great experience and I will forever recommend him to everyone in the search of a DJ for any special event! 10/10!
    Edward V. Married on 07/03/2021

DJ Persist highly recommended

I hired DJ Persist for our wedding and I am happy I did. DJ Persist is a very knowledgeable person that knows his profession well. DJ Persist made us feel at ease and answered all of our questions in a timely manner. I highly recommend DJ Persist.

DJ Persist's reply:

It was a pleasure being part of your event, especially playing some Chicago House classics which your guests enjoyed!

All the best to you and your wife
    Nancy Married on 06/26/2021

Best DJ Ever!!!

We booked DJ Persist for our wedding June 26 2021. Everyone knows that the biggest part of the wedding is having good music. Since the beginning of the process Jesse has been professional and very organized. We are extremely happy with his services. We received so many compliments of the music. We had follow up text the next day which our guests said that they haven’t danced that much in a very long time. If you are looking for an awesome DJ who is professional and not only does DJ but helps you coordinate your schedule I highly recommend him!
  • O
    Omar C. Married on 06/19/2021

A Day Everyone Will Always Remember

Since the planning process, DJ Persist made sure to not only hear us but truly understand what we wanted for our special day. His reliability and experience made the planning aspect of our wedding very smooth. On our wedding day his playlist was exactly what we expected. He was able to get every single guest up on their feet from the second the dance floor opened until the last dance. DJ Persist truly helped us make our wedding day one to always remember not just for us but every single guest. Thank you!

DJ Persist's reply:

It’s was great working with you! The party was a blast! Truly memorable with the sparklers for your intro and first dance
    Vicki L. Married on 06/04/2021

Amazing! Bilingual!

I honestly can’t say enough great things about this DJ. He is bilingual so he knows both worlds of language (English and Spanish) and of the music! He transitioned from both worlds flawlessly and kept the party just bumping all night! But the best part was how helpful he was throughout the whole night with the reception schedule. I can’t recommend him enough!
    Cassandra G. Married on 05/22/2021

Best dj ever!

Dj persist was amazing! Although he was unavailable to dj our wedding day, he set us up with one of his staff djs, DJ Luniks!!!! However, we knew we wanted dj persist because he has DJ’d a bunch of our friends wedding and those weddings had the best dance floors! Our wedding was no different, the photobooth was incredible, his staff dj was amazing and I genuinely never left the dance floor! Book dj persist! You won’t regret it!!!!
    Elda B. Married on 05/01/2021

Theee Best DJ ever!

Our entire day was flawless because of your attention to detail and we cannot thank you enough! It was the Wedding of my dreams and you were meant to be a part of it!!! Wishing all future couples the same amazing night that have the pleasure of working with you too! You, sir, are a master of your profession! Mil Gracias - Elda & Andy Johnson
  • Lucina
    Lucina C. Married on 03/06/2021

Best DJ in Chicago area!

DJ Persist was the best!! I booked him for my daughter's quince last year (covid). Changed the event date 3 times. We changed location and he was always responsive and never gave me a hard time. Finally we were able to book this year 2021 a Sweet 16 and it all worked out! He asked for a meeting before the event (super professional) and a list of songs my daughter wanted him to play. He played all the songs and knew when to change the music. I also hired his photo booth. OMG Best photo booth ever!! Everyone had fun with the photo booth and the music!! We all danced and had a great time! I would highly recommend him to all my friends and family!! Can't wait to book him in the future.
    Maria M. Married on 12/18/2020

Great DJ, great variety of music for our Mexican wedding

We hired DJ Persist for our wedding in December of 2021. He was great to work with, we used an online planning form to organize the details of the evening and it was so easy. As a stressed bride, it was so nice to know all the entertainment was taken care of ahead of time and I really appreciated not having to worry about everything going according to the schedule because Jesse was on it the whole evening. As far as music variety, he had everything we were looking for and on the off chance it wasn't available, he found it and made sure we had the songs we wanted. He was a pleasure to work with. Thank you, Jesse!
  • Enrique
    Enrique L. Married on 10/17/2020

Top DJ in Chicagoland Area

DJ Persist was simply AMAZING! He DJ’d my wedding on Oct 17 2020 and he had the entire group dancing all night. His professionalism made our wedding day so special with no hiccups he knows all the cue’s and makes the day ultra smooth. Overall 10/10 will hire again!
    Eugenia S. Married on 10/11/2020

Jesse is a Great MC!

Jesse was great!! He helped us plan all the special moments of the night and he didn't hesitate to go above and beyond for us!
  • Cindy
    Cindy K. Married on 10/10/2020

A Dream Come True

DJ Persist (Jesse) was absolutely amazing! He provided us with DJ services, a standing photo booth AND a roaming photo booth (which if you have never heard of a roaming photo booth ask, you wont regret it!). Everything went extremely smooth leading up to the big day even with a venue change due to covid -- Jesse was very accommodating and professional. He payed attention to every small detail and was able to read the room to ensure the dance floor was never empty.

The photo booth was a hit but the roaming photo booth was even better. People are STILL talking about it today how unique it was and how they can text the photos to their phone. The attendant even did a "boomerang" of throwing the bouquet and going for the garter.

The quality of the equipment and his team are top notch. We would not have changed a thing!

We really want to give a big THANK YOU to Jesse and his team, we HIGHLY recommend their services to anyone who asks!!
    Jessica B. Married on 05/08/2020

DJ Persist is the best!!!

He stuck with us when my wedding was cancelled in May 2020 until we eventually had it in April 2021. By then, we were limited to 50 people and could not have a formal dance floor. Still, I could not recommend DJ Persist enough! He made the preparation process easy and gave us all the tools we needed to pick our first dances and must play songs. He was extremely professional in figuring out the timeline and helping our officiant/wedding planner run the ceremony. He kept the event running smoothly and picked the right songs at the right time to keep all my family/friends having a good time! He read the room and made sure to include our favorites! I’m very happy we picked him!
    Claudia P. Married on 02/15/2020

Excellent dj service for your big event!

DJ Persist is truly AMAZING! We got married 2/15/2020 and we did a good amount of research regarding a bilingual DJ that was going to be able to keep our guests on the dance floor, and Jesse was absolutely able to do just that! He was great along the process responding efficiently to our questions/concerns without hesitation. We couldn't be happier to have selected him to be our MC and DJ for the night! He is responsible and will make sure all is set and ready to go for your big event. Another big plus with him is that he will keep you on timeline- he will ensure your event stays on track with schedule. Don’t look any further- you won't have any regrets! Thanks, Jesse we will keep you in mind for our future events!
  • Ivette
    Ivette G. Married on 01/04/2020

Absolutely amazing!

From the beginning Jesse was incredibly professional. My husband and I were thrilled to have him as our DJ! At our wedding reception he told us to relax and enjoy our celebration because he would take care of the rest of the night. There were soo many little details during the night that he took care of and he always had an eye on my husband and I to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. Jesse worked with us to have a schedule for the night and it went amazing! Many of our guest complimented us on how smooth everything ran. He KNOWS how to work a room! My husband and I aren't big dancers but even we got tired after all the dancing we did! We are so grateful to Jesse because we, our friends and family had a blast! We also had tons of family and friends say this was the most fun they had at a wedding =). Jesse thank you SO MUCH!
  • Y
    Yoana M. Married on 11/29/2019

Professional DJ at its best

We had the pleasure of working with Dj Persist for our wedding in June 2021. Persist is very professional and we appreciated his attention to detail. I asked for a very particular genre of music to be played during dinner, and he did not disappoint. What I appreciated the most was his professionalism, he was on time and verified that both the AV people and the venue coordinator were all on the same page to make sure my wedding ran smoothly. From the beginning, we came up with an itinerary and I was very adamant for us to try and stick with it as much as possible, Dj Persist made sure we were on time. Persist is very knowledgeable, and you can tell that he knows what he is doing. Thank you DJ Persist, we truly enjoyed our wedding, and we were very happy to have had you be a part of our special day!!

DJ Persist's reply:

It was a pleasure to be part of your wedding, I definitely had fun curating your dinner playlist as I’m sure it brought many great memories of the 90s

Wish you the best!