DJ Mr. Ed -Boston- Reviews

26 | West Roxbury, MA

26 Reviews for DJ Mr. Ed -Boston-

Shannon · Married on 09/06/2014

DJ Ed was the DJ at our wedding September 6, 2014. He was absolutely amazing! he knew exactly what the crowd wanted and was on top of everything timing wise. He had everyone from our 70-year-old grandparents to our 13-year-old cousin's dancing all night long! And I have to say I was a crazy bride when it came to the music, I gave Ed tons of obscure songs and even what seconds of what songs I want to played for our intros, he listened to me 100% and made our wedding one that we will never forget!! I strongly strongly recommend him if you're looking for a DJ for your wedding.

Sent on 01/07/2015

Deirdre · Married on 04/13/2013

My husband and I hired Ed for our wedding in 2013. We understand that a DJ can pretty much make or break a wedding, so wanted someone with a lot of experience... Ed did not disappoint. Ed was amazing to say the least. He has a vast knowledge of all types of music and seemed to get a quick read on our crowd's changing needs by playing an awesome mix of music, pleasing both young and old. I was especially appreciative of Ed's consistent kindness, attentiveness, and responsiveness to us and our guests. I would highly recommend Mr. Ed for any sort of venue or occasion. No need to look further. He's professional, warm, inviting, fun, accommodating, and knowledgeable. Two thumbs up, 5 stars, A+ from my husband and I.

Sent on 06/26/2013

Stephanie · Married on 12/01/2012

DJ Mr. Ed was great! He did our engagement party and had everyone on the dance floor. He was willing to accomodate any genre of music,and happily took any request we gave him. He mixed it up according to what the crowd wanted. Everyone told us the party was amazing thanks to the awesome dance party DJ Mr. Ed got going! I highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 12/06/2012

Phyllis · Married on 11/24/2012

DJ Ed provided fun music with all of my favorite songs and had all ages up dancing at my reception all night! The sound system was top notch and he was both professional and personal! So easy to work with and he handled the crowd and flow of the reception so well !! I have hired Mr Ed in the past and he was fabulous again! I will definately reccommend him to all my family and friends!

Sent on 12/19/2012

DJ Mr. Ed was perfect for our wedding! He was very professional, dressed appropriately, following our music list and was very friendly. I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 04/09/2013

Catherine · Married on 10/27/2012

Mr. Ed was an awesome DJ!! He was very accommodating and helpful in planning out the order of events/music at the reception. We were looking for a professional who would fit our style for a tasteful, classy, and elegant wedding. Mr. Ed did an excellent job of "guiding" the reception without being overbearing, and he selected songs to fit the mood of the moment. He kept the dance floor full and had people dancing who typically never dance at weddings. Thanks, Mr. Ed!!

Sent on 12/12/2012

Peter · Married on 10/26/2012

Mr. Ed was terrific and I'd highly recommend him to anybody. He demonstrated total professionalism and class for our daughter's wedding. Nothing but the BEST!

Sent on 12/19/2012
  • User2825939 · event on 10/20/2012

Ed did a wonderful job DJing our party. He is very friendly and personable and strives to ensure his DJing and presentation is exactly as you'd want it. He makes sure to keep the event focused on you and what you would like and does not make it about him, as some DJs are wont to do. We would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for their event!

Sent on 12/02/2012

Susan · Married on 09/08/2012

DJ Mr. Ed is a wonderful DJ! He is professional, personable and a great DJ for any type of party. He DJ'd my engagement party on the Cape, a tent party of 100 guests and DJ'd my sisters wedding previously. At the end of dinner, the party was up and running with a full dance floor!. A month and weeks before the event, he contacted me to confirm the timeline of the party and select a list of songs. Through his website, we were able to request the type or event specific songs for our cocktail hour, dinner, and after dinner entertainment. DJ Mr. Ed made it very easy to coordinate the most important aspect of our event, the entertainment! I highly recommend DJ Mr. Ed for any event.

Sent on 09/19/2012

Jenna · Married on 08/11/2012

Ed did a fantastic job at our wedding! We were incredibly pleased with Ed's professionalism, attention to detail and musical choices during our ceremony and reception. We were so glad that Ed was there to keep the day's events moving and his ability to get people up to dance who normally never get out on the dance floor. We received many compliments about the variety of the songs, which played to a crowd of mixed ages. We highly recommend that you make DJ Mr. Ed a part of your next event.

Sent on 08/20/2012

Charles · Married on 10/22/2011

Mr. Ed was great, very professional. He DJ'd not only the wedding but the wedding shower about 2 months before the wedding. At the shower he did a trivia game (with scratch ticket prizes) for the guests based on questions about us, which he made based on information he got from us when we sat down with him a week before the shower.

At the wedding he did a great job. We gave him music to play at specific times and the rest he filled in with music from his own collection that fit perfectly with our music. We had one of the most full dance floors I had ever seen at a wedding.

We did dance breaks in between courses of the dinner and Ed did a great job of getting people up to dance for the dance breaks and then easing them back to their seats when it was time to eat again.

Ed also had a fun game to play for giving away the centerpieces at the end of the night.

He brought two separate sound systems, one for the ceremony/cocktail hour and the other set up in the dinning room. This way we had no gap in the music from one area to the next.

This was a destination wedding (Stratton Mountain Vermont) and Ed made the 3 hour drive with all his gear the day before so he was there and ready to go first thing on Saturday.

Most of all Ed respected our wishes at the wedding. Whatever the two of us wanted he made happen.

Sent on 11/18/2011
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/24/2011

Played fun music, kept the guests dancing all night!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Robert · Married on 05/29/2011

Ed is true professional and my wife and I highly recommend him for your next event or wedding. He has a vast knowledge of popular music which put us at ease from our first meeting with him as we had many nationalities at our event with different tastes which needed to be catered for. Ed took the reigns and really delivered an exceptional experience for both us and our guests. He choose the perfect music based on the situation and was very flexible at short notice when plans inevitably changed. Our guests provided very positive feedback about him and we will certainly be using his services if we need music. Thank you Ed for adding a special touch of class to our special day and doing it with the upmost professionalism.

Sent on 06/08/2011

Many of our guests told us that they had SO much fun at our wedding (and so did we!) - and a huge part of that had to do with the fantastic music by DJ Mr. Ed. We had met for coffee with Ed a few months before the wedding, gave him a sense of what we were looking for, and he was able to put together a play list that appealed to our friends and family of all ages. He also has a great website that gives his clients impressive control over song likes and dislikes (equally important!). At our venue, the MIT Faculty Club, Ed had set up two different speakers/sound systems: in one room for the cocktail hour, as well as the main room for dinner and dancing. The dance floor was PACKED all night thanks to the great selection of songs that Ed played. He also knew his audience well - he gave some specific shout-outs to the many teachers in the crowd (my wife and I both teach), as well as to the many friends and family traveling from my hometown of Cleveland for the wedding. We would absolutely recommend Ed to anyone who needs a professional, affordable DJ who listens carefully to what his clients want. It was an absolute pleasure working with him; he helped make our wedding day as amazing as it was!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Tim · Married on 05/30/2010

DJ Mr. Ed was geat for our wedding. He not only helped plan the flow of the event and worked with us to plan the music, he also surprised us with great music we would have missed on our own. On top of that, he kept everyone dancing and happy all night!

Sent on 06/09/2011

John · Married on 10/09/2009

DJ Mr. Ed is awesome. Good mix of music and very friendly. Highly recommend booking his guy. (Groom)

DJ Mr. Ed was really great!! He did a great job of pacing events like the father daughter dance, mother son dance, and our first dance. He also raffled off our centerpieces and the music for the tossing of the bouquet was great.

Also the music always reflected the mood of the wedding. He played great music for entrances, entertaining yet appropriate dinner time music, and fabulous music to party to!

Perhaps the best aspect was how organized and available he was throughout the night. He followed out wants and directions without fail!!
    As a bride, it was comforting knowing that the DJ was not something I had to worry about. Just sit back and put on your dancing shoes.

Sent on 12/14/2010

Barrett · Married on 08/15/2009

Ed was great! We didn't have to think twice about him being where we need him to be and playing the music that we had requested. He had great ideas and never pushed music on us that we didn't want. He is a very professional DJ and we would hire him again. One thing that I liked a lot about Ed was that he did not try to make jokes or talk during our reception, he just played great music!

Sent on 12/02/2010

Katy · Married on 08/08/2009

Mr. Ed was a great DJ for our wedding. In addition to keeping the dance floor full he helped us pick memorable songs for the reception and ceremony. We would highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/27/2010

Sine & Ish · Married on 07/18/2009

A friendly personality combines with a professional work ethic to produce DJ Ed, a master of his art and an all-around good guy. He was a pleasure to work with and his presence put the finishing touches on our wedding reception at the Barn at Gibbet Hill. In our first meeting with Ed, we were struck by the passion he has for his job. His dedication to helping us prepare ensured that the entire reception flowed smoothly and served as a reflection of us as a couple. Ed isn't the sort of DJ who puts on a show--he knows that his job is to create a tasteful atmosphere, which he seamlessly achieves. Although his skills as a DJ are impeccable, the real pleasure of working with Ed is his personality. Ed is the kind of guy that everyone wants as a friend--funny, honest, and sincere--while still maintaining a professional attitude. Even though our wedding took place more than a year ago, we still receive complements from our guests about Ed. At every wedding we have been to since, we find ourselves critiquing the DJ. None have compared to DJ Ed.

Sent on 12/22/2010

Erin · Married on 04/19/2009

DJ Mr. Ed is fabulous! My wedding reception was at Turner Hill in Ipswich and he played just the right mix of elegant cocktail music and great dance music. Ed was the DJ at my sister’s wedding and I saved his contact information for years because he helped make her wedding was so much fun. He did not play any games or put on a show, he had great timing and kept the entire evening flowing - and most important, everyone had fun and danced the entire night!!

Sent on 12/20/2010
  • F

Faith · Married on 09/12/2008

DJ Mr. Ed was the DJ for my husbands retirement party from the US Coast Guard.
    He was so easy to work with and had every type of music you could think of. Every song requested was played. The party would not have been a success without Mr. Ed spinning the CD's!!!
    We had the best time - the dance floor was NEVER empty...
    Thanks Ed and I hope to work with you again some day....
    Faith Farnham

Sent on 12/06/2010
  • User3120113 · 2+ years ago

DJ Mr. Ed was a terrific DJ. We got married at Fenway Park and he customized everything he did to meet our needs (provided indoor and outdoor sound systems and found interesting sound clips relating to baseball). The dance floor was never empty. We were happy with his work.

Sent on 03/08/2013

Jo-an · Married on 07/25/1998

Ed was more than just a DJ at our wedding, he was critical to it's success! Ed worked with Don and I to select the perfect songs for before, during, and after the ceremony. He was the Emcee through out the event and made sure everyone was involved. After our reception, we wanted a second "casual reception" that included a brides vs. grooms wiffle ball game, and then a sunset sing a long on the water. Ed provided the music for both and created a lastsing memory.

Sent on 12/07/2010

Don · Married on 07/28/1998

Ed was great. He came all the way up to Maine to do our wedding. He played all the songs we asked him too and played some great dance songs we didn't think of. We asked him to set up out side for a couple of hours after the reception and he had all the electronic equipment needed to make it a fun day. I would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 12/03/2010

Courtney · Married on 04/16/2011

I heard about Ed through a friend who had been to two weddings that he did and absolutely loved him. She tried to get him for her own wedding, but he was already booked. I highly recommend working with Ed. He was extremely knowledgeable, not just about music, but about the entire wedding process. His questions during our first meeting really got us to think about things we hadn't even considered. Ed provided the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He really weaved together all of the different types of music seamlessly. I had so many comments from friends and family how perfect the dinner music was in style and in volume. And the dance floor stayed packed for the rest of the night after dinner - a sure sign of a great DJ. I asked Ed to play some songs that would work for all age groups and he nailed it. *Plus, he was perfect with name announcements (I've seen this go wrong at so many weddings), but Ed was clear and perfect on timing. I would recommend him to anyone I know (especially for an event I was going to attend!).

Sent on 05/16/2011