70 Reviews for DJ MoJoe

Liability Insurance (7)
Uplighting (7)
Projector (2)
Flat Screen (1)

DJ MoJoe was amazing! He was so easy to communicate with, professional, timely and talented. Everyone at our wedding loved him, (even our vendors) and we are so glad we found him! I would highly recommend him to anyone and I honestly wish I could have another event just to hire him... He made our lives so easy and fun throughout the entire process!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture stephanie, 7/15/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

This review is a bit overdue but DJ MOJOE was an amazing DJ and MC for our wedding reception. Throughout the whole planning process, Joe was very responsive, professional, and helpful. For instance, he had us fill out the planning form prior to the wedding, and we were very impressed by the level of detail in the form. It's one of those things that goes to show how much he cares about the smallest detail. He also gave some helpful suggestions that we hadn't thought about, and all in all we saw a genuine willingness to accommodate our needs and our vision for the reception. We also made some specific song requests that may be a bit obscure (e.g. old-school K-Pop) and Joe was more than happy to incorporate all of those into the set. During the reception dinner he also facilitated the shoe game and our guests (especially our family members) had a lot of fun, and they had a great time on the dance floor as well. Thanks Joe!

Profile Picture Dennis, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Joe was amazing at our wedding that just happened on May 26, 2018. He was referred to us through my sister-in-law who worked for PawWorks and he has DJ'd their gala fundraising events on multiple occasions and she said she wished she had hired him for her wedding because everyone at their events always has a great time with and the energy is high. We met with Joe before we decided to book him and we instantly knew we wanted to book with him. Joe was super easy to talk to through the whole process - I gave him my playlist very last minute through Spotify, and also gave him all of our songs for the dances (First Dance, Mother/Son, Father/Daughter), processional/recessional. I also told him the general idea of what kind of music to play besides the songs on the Spotify playlist we made. I had no idea what songs to play during our cake cutting, bouquet toss, & garter toss since my wedding planner indicated on our timeline that we needed song choices, so we left those up to Joe to choose and he picked out some great songs that I would've never thought of to play. He met with us on our final walkthrough of the venue a few weeks before the wedding to see the setup of the venue, and where he could set up his DJ equipment and how everything would transitiion. At the wedding before the grand entrance, he came around to the wedding party and wanted to double check and make sure he was saying everyone's name correctly. Everything went so smoothly at the wedding and Joe was just wonderful. The energy on the dance floor was amazing, and we even had a conga line start. Everyone kept on telling us how great of a time they had, and they really loved the DJ! I would highly recommend Joe for your next event!

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/26/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Joe was an awesome DJ! I found him on thumbtack and sent him a message to which he responded in less than 5 minutes. He was extremely responsive and professional from our first phone call. He drove all the way out for our walk through (out of town for him) to make sure he brought everything he needed day of. Joe is such a nice, cool, and easy going guy! He was on time and his music selection was incredible. I really like his online form that asks every question imaginable so you can be as specific as you want or give him the reigns to pick the music. Joe, thank you so much for making our wedding so special! We will would definitely use you for any future for any events.

Profile Picture Therese, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I imagine that for wedding DJs, it can be hard to find the right balance of being an assertive guide for the night while remaining accommodating to the individual styles and musical tastes of the married couple. Joseph (DJ Mojoe) has absolutely perfected this balance. He is professional and friendly to work with leading up to the wedding, and extremely capable throughout the wedding day festivities. He has knack for expertly customizing his products to meet your needs. For our wedding, Joe deftly blended old school funk, 90s rock and hip hop, 80s synth pop, and a smattering of electronic dance tunes. Best of all: he gets people dancing of all ages while drawing from the musical selections that make YOU happy! Because of his friendly professionalism, we would highly recommend DJ Mojoe for weddings!

Profile Picture eli, 4/21/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joe was our amazing AWESOME DJ! WOW were we lucky to have found him. From the very beginning, he was very prompt in scheduling a follow up to gain insight on our preferences. He was very organized providing us a planning sheet for our wedding reception. Days before, we went over correct pronunciations and the wedding timeline. He really took the time to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. He even came to our wedding venue walkthrough to check out the best uplighting and set up that would be best for the space. We had the lighting and fog machine on top of our awesome dj package. When the wedding reception came, he rounded up the party! My friends loved his playlists and his flexibility to take song requests. My guests danced all the way to the end! You were great Joe. I will definitely spread the word to my friends and family!

Profile Picture Kat, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

DJ MoJoe was absolutely amazing! It was important for us to set a certain mood with the music at the reception and DJ MoJoe made sure that the music was bumping the whole night - even the bar and wait staff at the reception venue were having a good time dancing and singing along to the music. His client portal is probably one of the best things we've seen. It allowed us to plan out the reception without having to send a million emails back and forth. Not only did he make sure that he had all the details down (such as the correct pronunciations for all the names), he also visited the venue before the wedding to make sure he familiarized himself with the place. His prices are great and he definitely gives you his best on the day of. All our other vendors were impressed by him as well and said that he was one of the best DJs they have worked with.

Profile Picture Julie, 1/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We were so lucky to have DJ MOJOE run the show at our Indian/Filipino/Salvadorean/New Orleanian NYE wedding! We booked him for the whole day, from the ceremony in the morning until after 2am on New Years’ Eve. Firstly, right from the beginning, Joe impressed us with his professionalism. He has a great business model, has an excellent website, is so responsive with emails, and even had an online site through which we could customize our desired song list!

Closer to the day of, we met up with Joe to discuss ceremony logistics, his DJ and lighting set-up and it was such a pleasure to work with him. It felt more like just hanging out, and we knew right then that we would be in good hands. Though he hadn't DJ-ed many Indian weddings prior, our priest actually complimented him after the Hindu ceremony and said he was the best DJ that he had worked with! He played jazzy standards during cocktail hour, and worked with us on some very last minute schedule changes. Because of his flexibility, we threw a pre-dinner dance party that was actually the hit of the whole reception. Our dance floor was packed before we had even made the grand entrance!

He was a wonderful MC during the reception events, keeping things running smoothly. For the dance music he was able to play so many Bollywood songs and seamlessly integrated them into a truly multicultural playlist that reflected our Indian, Filipino, Latino crowd and pleased our guests that had come from all over the world! He handled the New Years’ countdown like a boss -- he had a special countdown all ready, so nobody missed out when the clock hit midnight.

We truly feel that it was all thanks to his energy and enthusiasm, and we had many guests express the same. He made fans of all 450 of us by the end. We’d recommend him for any wedding, Indian or otherwise! Thank you so, so much DJ MOJOE!!

Check out his video log of the wedding!

Profile Picture Anna, 12/31/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

If you're looking for someone to keep your guests entertained, the dance floor full, and play everything you want, even the most obscure requests you can imagine, look no further than DJ MoJoe! Joe was a delight to work with. He's very organized. Upon hiring him, he set up an account for us to on his client portal where we filled in details of what our grand entrance songs would be, our cocktail hour and dinner music, etc. Based on what our guests said, they had a great time and Joe was part of the reason why they did. Our guests' age range varied from the young to the not so young and he was able to keep them on or coming back to the dance floor. He also doubled as our MC and he kept us all hyped and the energy high. Recommended!

Profile Picture Dale, 12/2/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

DJ Mojoe over delivered on his services in our wedding. He plays great music, and he is very good at getting people hype to get on the dance floor. He knew everyone in the wedding party's name. DJ Mojoe is very passionate about his craft. My wife and I are happy he was able to spin and emcee during our wedding. We highly recommend him for any wedding or event, and any parties. Thanks again so much DJ Mojoe !!!

Profile Picture Ryan, 11/25/17, 1 Review

1 review
5.0 star rating 11/28/2017
We love DJ Mojoe! We just had our wedding this past weekend and he was incredible! I wish i could give him more than 5 stars! He is very easy to communicate with and he was very professional. He was able to meet with me before our wedding, which made planning a lot easier and smoother. He made suggestions with the lighting which made our venue so romantic, just like we envisioned. He provided us with his questionnaire, so he can get to know you and your guest and get an idea of the kind of music that you like. My husband and I highly recommend him for any events! He just goes above and beyond!!!! Thank you so much again! You're the best!

Profile Picture Rose, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding was November 18,2017 at Knollwood Country club. I’m beyond grateful that the venue gave me their recommendations for joe. He was super helpful with his client portal, song picking, and when we had meetings with him he was a sweetheart filled with laughter and smiles. He listens to your needs and makes sure that it is what you would like for your special occasion. He was easy to reach and accessible via email or phone. He made our big day beyond special and memorable and couldn’t thank him enough! I would definitely recommend choosing him

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

When it comes to DJ's, DJ Mojoe is as good as it gets! Ever since my wife and I contacted Mojoe, it has been a very pleasant experience working with him. He was easy to communicate with and always made sure every detail was covered. His emcee skills are also way above par and definitely knew how to keep the party going. To this day, people are still telling me how awesome the playlist was at our wedding. If you're looking for an awesome DJ for a wedding or any occasion, look no further -- DJ Mojoe is the man!

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I was referred to DJ MOJOE through a friend and he was awesome! From the very beginning, he was very responsive and easy to communicate with. We got on several phone calls, exchanged text messages, and had a sit-down meeting discussing how my wife and I envisioned our wedding. He gave us a ton of song suggestions from his experience and expertise.

Planning was very easy, especially with his client portal and questionnaire. Everything about the wedding day was covered in it, plus some additional wedding entertainment suggestions for us to consider. He accommodated the fact that my wife and I have different cultures and played music from each. More importantly, he was able to read the guests' vibe and we gave him the flexibility to cater to it with his music selection.

DJ MOJOE gave me a lot of confidence that he would be great. He did a venue walk through with the coordinator to feel it out and told me that it had everything he needed to make the wedding awesome. Our ballroom got a huge aesthetic upgrade with up-lights that he spread around the room. I definitely recommend these if it fits your venue. On the day-of, he got there early with his assistant to set up, get our officiant mic-ed up, and chat with me.

The whole experience with DJ MOJOE was perfect. His execution was flawless and I would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Alex, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Absolutely amazing...if your looking to book a DJ, then DJ Mojoe is the guy you want. Music can make or break any party and let me tell you this guy is on point. From the very first phone call my wife and I knew this is who we wanted to DJ our wedding. Extremely personable and down to earth, amazing pricing and packages as well as extremely professional! DJ Mojoe was open to every suggestion we had and even made suggestions that fit what we were looking for perfectly. His data base for music is incredible and if he doesn't have a song your looking for, he'll make it a point to try and get it for you. He even has the option to upload playlists thru Spotify which made it even easier when trying to convey what style of music we wanted for each setting i.e. Cocktail hour, dinner, cake cutting, garter and bouquet toss and over all dancing throughout the night. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the music and lighting was on our wedding almost 2 weeks ago and how the flow was just perfect. Give him an idea of what style your looking for and let him do his thing, guaranteed you will not be disappointed, this guy truly knows his stuff. The night before he reached out to myself to review the entire timeline for the wedding making sure not to miss any small detail, and if any changes needed to be made. He MC'd our wedding as well for us which kept the flow and rhythm of the night moving, his selection and flow of music will definitely get every one of your guests dancing! Again if your looking for a DJ look no further this guy delivers and then some!

Thank you again DJ Mojoe from both Victoria and myself for a night we all will never forget!

Profile Picture Steven, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We couldn't have picked a better DJ and MC for our wedding. He is very organized and knows how to keep track of all the timeline details. He won't let you forget any detail and always provides recommendations and a template for the order of events and songs that go along with each part. We had him from We provided a list of songs we liked and roughly the order of genres to accommodate the older crowd who would likely leave early and want to hear the more foreign/older songs early on. We requested all kinds of stuff: Jewish Horah songs, Bulgarian music, Spanish, 90's dance, popular songs, etc...Joe knows how to read the crowd so well!! Everyone loved him. It was a fantastic wedding thanks to him. We danced the night away!

Profile Picture Jeannette, 7/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I came into contact with DJ MoJoe when meeting with a different vendor from the list of vendors provided by my venue. Although I did not use the initial vendor I was meeting with for our event, I was very interested in DJ MoJoe's services. He was very polite and kind making us feel confident in his ability to work our event successfully. His online planning tools made the whole process ridiculously easy which was what I needed considering I was planning our wedding alone. DJ MoJoe was an excellent DJ, he really made our event!

Profile Picture Morgan, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ MoJoe was the absolute best DJ we could possibly dream of having for our wedding. From the first meeting with him, my husband and I could tell that Joe has a vivacious, passionate energy and a warm, friendly personality. We decided to have him as our DJ right away and it was one of our best decisions in our whole wedding planning process. Joe is extremely organized, flexible, encouraging, friendly, and an incredible DJ. He made us completely comfortable from the very beginning, and we felt that he very much understood our style and music taste. And we were right! All of the music DJ MoJoe played on our big day was exactly our style and he organized everything wonderfully with amazing transitions and tone-setting songs. He is very passionate and also detail-oriented, and worked with us carefully to get the timing right for everything. He had so many fun ideas to get our audience having fun and participating during the reception. During our whole wedding--from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception--he played the perfect music set, made clear announcements, and set an awesome, lively vibe for the whole evening. He got everyone dancing! Our dance floor was PACKED. Many of our friends at our wedding complimented the music selection and told us our DJ is awesome. For future events and any of our friends' weddings, we would absolutely recommend DJ MoJoe. We love DJ MoJoe--he is the best!

Profile Picture Marilyn, 6/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We found DJ MoJoe from a list of preferred vendors provided by our wedding venue. We came across his website, read all of the raving reviews, and listened to a couple of his mixes. What impressed us the most were his youtube videos where we really got a sense of his personality and professionalism. We knew DJ MoJoe would be the perfect choice to DJ and MC our wedding.

Communication with Joe is simple and smooth. He is very supportive throughout the entire planning process and responds in a timely manner. He attended our design meeting to check out the audio/visual equipment the venue provided, met with our day-of wedding coordinator, and was genuinely interested in getting to know us better (how we met, how long we've been together, etc).

We really appreciate the ease of use and attention to detail his questionnaire form provided. We love all types of music from old school to indie pop - DJ MoJoe has it all. We had envisioned a certain vibe with our music selection during each event of the wedding. From the pre-ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to dinner and dancing - Joe was on board with every request and executed our music preference perfectly. He made a couple mixes of our favorite artists and even a special mix for our soul train line just a few days before the wedding. For our grand entrance, DJ MoJoe introduced our bridal party as a sports announcer to the Chicago Bulls theme song and our guests loved it!

DJ MoJoe is the best and we highly recommend him for any and all events.

Profile Picture Patrick, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The number one decision that will make or break an event is the DJ and DJ MoJoe MADE OUR EVENT!!!!

After what felt like months of researching we came across a true gem, DJ MoJoe! After reading his reviews, viewing his YouTube channel, and hearing his mixes I knew DJ MoJoe was "The One"

From ceremony to cocktail hour to reception, DJ MoJoe did not miss a beat (pun intended)! Joe showed up early for setup (3 locations!) He kept us on schedule, made announcements when they needed to be announced, and played all our favorite music! He got EVERYONE dancing!! Joe is highly organized, extremely professional, very well spoken, and highly skilled! DJ MoJoe really took the reigns and made sure we did not have to worry or stress about anything during our wedding event.

I really can't say enough how grateful we are to DJ MoJoe. Aside from his phenomenal DJ skills he is one of the nicest guys we have ever met! Everyone at our wedding loved him! Everyone said how every time they looked over at him he was smiling! He genuinely loves what he does and it definitely shows. The one thing everyone talked about the next day was our DJ! The whole process from planning to the day of coordinating went perfectly. I can honestly say that I will miss talking with Joe, he's just an awesome human. The world needs more people like DJ MoJoe! Thank you DJ MoJoe for making our BEST DAY EVER truly unforgettable! Keep Saving the city, one party at a time!! I wish you all the success in the world, you deserve it!

-Chris & Judy

Profile Picture Judy & Chris', 6/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ MoJoe was awesome to work with! So glad we had him as our wedding DJ! When talking to him on the phone, he provided us with some really great ideas for wedding activities (for example, we wanted to give the bouquet to the longest married couple instead of a bouquet toss. He suggested maybe asking the longest married couple for some advice on having a long and happy marriage).

He edited and cut songs as we requested and even expanded his playlist library when we requested songs that he didn't currently own. So no worries if you want a strange song that no one has ever heard of, DJ MoJoe can make it happen!

He was so well organized that we didn't even need a day of coordinator; he was sooo good at announcing the next upcoming event and making sure everyone was ready before starting. He showed up early to set up and even brought extra speakers to place outside for no extra charge. He hyped up the guest and gauged the crowd when playing songs.

He definitely went above and beyond what we were expecting and we would be happy to recommend him to any of our friends who are getting married in the future. Great guy to work with!

Profile Picture Gidget, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joe is one-of-a-kind! He was the first vendor in a series of vendors that we hired for our wedding. That should speak volumes on what an easy, no-brainer choice it was to hire him. Professional yet cordial, optimistic, punctual, fades into the background yet is center stage with his top-tier production values. He will liven up your party and carry it through no matter your requirements nor how the event unfolds. Joe has a wealth of experiencing DJ'ing at private/public events and is a VERY STRONG recommend!

Profile Picture Isabella, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joe was our emcee/DJ for our wedding 3/11/17. He ensured that our wedding ceremony and reception sounded perfect and that our guests were enjoying themselves! Joe was quick to respond, thorough, professional and courteous. Thank you for everything, our wedding was perfect and you were a big part of that. Thank you!!

-The Marshall's

Profile Picture Hannah, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We would like to recommend DJ MoJoe to anyone and everyone. DJ MoJoe is truly a professional. He goes above and beyond to make your day special. My husband and I were looking for a DJ for our wedding in March and was referred to DJ MoJoe through a mutual friend of ours. We are sure glad that he was able to work with us. His attention to detail is and was greatly appreciated. We were able to sit down with him face to face for our first meeting and let him know what we were looking for. From then on, we were able to ask questions and keep in contact with him throughout the process and he would get back to us right away. He set us up on our own website so that we would be able to put in songs that we wanted for certain parts of the ceremony and reception. We were able to have a conference call with him a week before the wedding so that we could discuss everything that we were thinking and that he would recommend for certain parts; things that maybe we hadn't quite thought of yet. The day before the wedding, he was able to come to the rehearsal and talk to the location manager and pastor to set and discuss what his thoughts and what others thoughts were so that everyone was on the same page. The day of the wedding went flawless. We had given him a time schedule of when we would like things announced and presented throughout the day/evening. He even made sure that he communicated with the photographers on every upcoming time so that they would be able to capture the moments. We talked to several of our guests in the later weeks and they had nothing but rave reviews of this awesome guy. DJ MoJoe- thank you for much for all that you did to help make our Wedding day so wonderful.

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/4/17, 1 Review