62 Reviews for DJ MoJoe

Liability Insurance (4)
Uplighting (4)
Projector (1)
47 DJ MoJoe Reviews

DJ MoJoe was absolutely amazing! It was important for us to set a certain mood with the music at the reception and DJ MoJoe made sure that the music was bumping the whole night - even the bar and wait staff at the reception venue were having a good time dancing and singing along to the music. His client portal is probably one of the best things we've seen. It allowed us to plan out the reception without having to send a million emails back and forth. Not only did he make sure that he had all the details down (such as the correct pronunciations for all the names), he also visited the venue before the wedding to make sure he familiarized himself with the place. His prices are great and he definitely gives you his best on the day of. All our other vendors were impressed by him as well and said that he was one of the best DJs they have worked with.

Profile Picture Julie, 1/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

If you're looking for someone to keep your guests entertained, the dance floor full, and play everything you want, even the most obscure requests you can imagine, look no further than DJ MoJoe! Joe was a delight to work with. He's very organized. Upon hiring him, he set up an account for us to on his client portal where we filled in details of what our grand entrance songs would be, our cocktail hour and dinner music, etc. Based on what our guests said, they had a great time and Joe was part of the reason why they did. Our guests' age range varied from the young to the not so young and he was able to keep them on or coming back to the dance floor. He also doubled as our MC and he kept us all hyped and the energy high. Recommended!

Profile Picture Dale, 12/2/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

DJ Mojoe over delivered on his services in our wedding. He plays great music, and he is very good at getting people hype to get on the dance floor. He knew everyone in the wedding party's name. DJ Mojoe is very passionate about his craft. My wife and I are happy he was able to spin and emcee during our wedding. We highly recommend him for any wedding or event, and any parties. Thanks again so much DJ Mojoe !!!

Profile Picture Ryan, 11/25/17, 1 Review

1 review
5.0 star rating 11/28/2017
We love DJ Mojoe! We just had our wedding this past weekend and he was incredible! I wish i could give him more than 5 stars! He is very easy to communicate with and he was very professional. He was able to meet with me before our wedding, which made planning a lot easier and smoother. He made suggestions with the lighting which made our venue so romantic, just like we envisioned. He provided us with his questionnaire, so he can get to know you and your guest and get an idea of the kind of music that you like. My husband and I highly recommend him for any events! He just goes above and beyond!!!! Thank you so much again! You're the best!

Profile Picture Rose, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding was November 18,2017 at Knollwood Country club. I’m beyond grateful that the venue gave me their recommendations for joe. He was super helpful with his client portal, song picking, and when we had meetings with him he was a sweetheart filled with laughter and smiles. He listens to your needs and makes sure that it is what you would like for your special occasion. He was easy to reach and accessible via email or phone. He made our big day beyond special and memorable and couldn’t thank him enough! I would definitely recommend choosing him

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

When it comes to DJ's, DJ Mojoe is as good as it gets! Ever since my wife and I contacted Mojoe, it has been a very pleasant experience working with him. He was easy to communicate with and always made sure every detail was covered. His emcee skills are also way above par and definitely knew how to keep the party going. To this day, people are still telling me how awesome the playlist was at our wedding. If you're looking for an awesome DJ for a wedding or any occasion, look no further -- DJ Mojoe is the man!

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I was referred to DJ MOJOE through a friend and he was awesome! From the very beginning, he was very responsive and easy to communicate with. We got on several phone calls, exchanged text messages, and had a sit-down meeting discussing how my wife and I envisioned our wedding. He gave us a ton of song suggestions from his experience and expertise.

Planning was very easy, especially with his client portal and questionnaire. Everything about the wedding day was covered in it, plus some additional wedding entertainment suggestions for us to consider. He accommodated the fact that my wife and I have different cultures and played music from each. More importantly, he was able to read the guests' vibe and we gave him the flexibility to cater to it with his music selection.

DJ MOJOE gave me a lot of confidence that he would be great. He did a venue walk through with the coordinator to feel it out and told me that it had everything he needed to make the wedding awesome. Our ballroom got a huge aesthetic upgrade with up-lights that he spread around the room. I definitely recommend these if it fits your venue. On the day-of, he got there early with his assistant to set up, get our officiant mic-ed up, and chat with me.

The whole experience with DJ MOJOE was perfect. His execution was flawless and I would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Alex, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Absolutely amazing...if your looking to book a DJ, then DJ Mojoe is the guy you want. Music can make or break any party and let me tell you this guy is on point. From the very first phone call my wife and I knew this is who we wanted to DJ our wedding. Extremely personable and down to earth, amazing pricing and packages as well as extremely professional! DJ Mojoe was open to every suggestion we had and even made suggestions that fit what we were looking for perfectly. His data base for music is incredible and if he doesn't have a song your looking for, he'll make it a point to try and get it for you. He even has the option to upload playlists thru Spotify which made it even easier when trying to convey what style of music we wanted for each setting i.e. Cocktail hour, dinner, cake cutting, garter and bouquet toss and over all dancing throughout the night. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the music and lighting was on our wedding almost 2 weeks ago and how the flow was just perfect. Give him an idea of what style your looking for and let him do his thing, guaranteed you will not be disappointed, this guy truly knows his stuff. The night before he reached out to myself to review the entire timeline for the wedding making sure not to miss any small detail, and if any changes needed to be made. He MC'd our wedding as well for us which kept the flow and rhythm of the night moving, his selection and flow of music will definitely get every one of your guests dancing! Again if your looking for a DJ look no further this guy delivers and then some!

Thank you again DJ Mojoe from both Victoria and myself for a night we all will never forget!

Profile Picture Steven, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We couldn't have picked a better DJ and MC for our wedding. He is very organized and knows how to keep track of all the timeline details. He won't let you forget any detail and always provides recommendations and a template for the order of events and songs that go along with each part. We had him from We provided a list of songs we liked and roughly the order of genres to accommodate the older crowd who would likely leave early and want to hear the more foreign/older songs early on. We requested all kinds of stuff: Jewish Horah songs, Bulgarian music, Spanish, 90's dance, popular songs, etc...Joe knows how to read the crowd so well!! Everyone loved him. It was a fantastic wedding thanks to him. We danced the night away!

Profile Picture Jeannette, 7/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I came into contact with DJ MoJoe when meeting with a different vendor from the list of vendors provided by my venue. Although I did not use the initial vendor I was meeting with for our event, I was very interested in DJ MoJoe's services. He was very polite and kind making us feel confident in his ability to work our event successfully. His online planning tools made the whole process ridiculously easy which was what I needed considering I was planning our wedding alone. DJ MoJoe was an excellent DJ, he really made our event!

Profile Picture Morgan, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We found DJ MoJoe from a list of preferred vendors provided by our wedding venue. We came across his website, read all of the raving reviews, and listened to a couple of his mixes. What impressed us the most were his youtube videos where we really got a sense of his personality and professionalism. We knew DJ MoJoe would be the perfect choice to DJ and MC our wedding.

Communication with Joe is simple and smooth. He is very supportive throughout the entire planning process and responds in a timely manner. He attended our design meeting to check out the audio/visual equipment the venue provided, met with our day-of wedding coordinator, and was genuinely interested in getting to know us better (how we met, how long we've been together, etc).

We really appreciate the ease of use and attention to detail his questionnaire form provided. We love all types of music from old school to indie pop - DJ MoJoe has it all. We had envisioned a certain vibe with our music selection during each event of the wedding. From the pre-ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to dinner and dancing - Joe was on board with every request and executed our music preference perfectly. He made a couple mixes of our favorite artists and even a special mix for our soul train line just a few days before the wedding. For our grand entrance, DJ MoJoe introduced our bridal party as a sports announcer to the Chicago Bulls theme song and our guests loved it!

DJ MoJoe is the best and we highly recommend him for any and all events.

Profile Picture Patrick, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The number one decision that will make or break an event is the DJ and DJ MoJoe MADE OUR EVENT!!!!

After what felt like months of researching we came across a true gem, DJ MoJoe! After reading his reviews, viewing his YouTube channel, and hearing his mixes I knew DJ MoJoe was "The One"

From ceremony to cocktail hour to reception, DJ MoJoe did not miss a beat (pun intended)! Joe showed up early for setup (3 locations!) He kept us on schedule, made announcements when they needed to be announced, and played all our favorite music! He got EVERYONE dancing!! Joe is highly organized, extremely professional, very well spoken, and highly skilled! DJ MoJoe really took the reigns and made sure we did not have to worry or stress about anything during our wedding event.

I really can't say enough how grateful we are to DJ MoJoe. Aside from his phenomenal DJ skills he is one of the nicest guys we have ever met! Everyone at our wedding loved him! Everyone said how every time they looked over at him he was smiling! He genuinely loves what he does and it definitely shows. The one thing everyone talked about the next day was our DJ! The whole process from planning to the day of coordinating went perfectly. I can honestly say that I will miss talking with Joe, he's just an awesome human. The world needs more people like DJ MoJoe! Thank you DJ MoJoe for making our BEST DAY EVER truly unforgettable! Keep Saving the city, one party at a time!! I wish you all the success in the world, you deserve it!

-Chris & Judy

Profile Picture Judy & Chris', 6/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ MoJoe was awesome to work with! So glad we had him as our wedding DJ! When talking to him on the phone, he provided us with some really great ideas for wedding activities (for example, we wanted to give the bouquet to the longest married couple instead of a bouquet toss. He suggested maybe asking the longest married couple for some advice on having a long and happy marriage).

He edited and cut songs as we requested and even expanded his playlist library when we requested songs that he didn't currently own. So no worries if you want a strange song that no one has ever heard of, DJ MoJoe can make it happen!

He was so well organized that we didn't even need a day of coordinator; he was sooo good at announcing the next upcoming event and making sure everyone was ready before starting. He showed up early to set up and even brought extra speakers to place outside for no extra charge. He hyped up the guest and gauged the crowd when playing songs.

He definitely went above and beyond what we were expecting and we would be happy to recommend him to any of our friends who are getting married in the future. Great guy to work with!

Profile Picture Gidget, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joe is one-of-a-kind! He was the first vendor in a series of vendors that we hired for our wedding. That should speak volumes on what an easy, no-brainer choice it was to hire him. Professional yet cordial, optimistic, punctual, fades into the background yet is center stage with his top-tier production values. He will liven up your party and carry it through no matter your requirements nor how the event unfolds. Joe has a wealth of experiencing DJ'ing at private/public events and is a VERY STRONG recommend!

Profile Picture Isabella, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joe was our emcee/DJ for our wedding 3/11/17. He ensured that our wedding ceremony and reception sounded perfect and that our guests were enjoying themselves! Joe was quick to respond, thorough, professional and courteous. Thank you for everything, our wedding was perfect and you were a big part of that. Thank you!!

-The Marshall's

Profile Picture Hannah, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We would like to recommend DJ MoJoe to anyone and everyone. DJ MoJoe is truly a professional. He goes above and beyond to make your day special. My husband and I were looking for a DJ for our wedding in March and was referred to DJ MoJoe through a mutual friend of ours. We are sure glad that he was able to work with us. His attention to detail is and was greatly appreciated. We were able to sit down with him face to face for our first meeting and let him know what we were looking for. From then on, we were able to ask questions and keep in contact with him throughout the process and he would get back to us right away. He set us up on our own website so that we would be able to put in songs that we wanted for certain parts of the ceremony and reception. We were able to have a conference call with him a week before the wedding so that we could discuss everything that we were thinking and that he would recommend for certain parts; things that maybe we hadn't quite thought of yet. The day before the wedding, he was able to come to the rehearsal and talk to the location manager and pastor to set and discuss what his thoughts and what others thoughts were so that everyone was on the same page. The day of the wedding went flawless. We had given him a time schedule of when we would like things announced and presented throughout the day/evening. He even made sure that he communicated with the photographers on every upcoming time so that they would be able to capture the moments. We talked to several of our guests in the later weeks and they had nothing but rave reviews of this awesome guy. DJ MoJoe- thank you for much for all that you did to help make our Wedding day so wonderful.

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can't say enough about Joe. He was our DJ for our wedding. Everything was perfect. He is so nice and professional. Listened to our requests and executed them effortlessly. I received so many compliments on him and his music. He really is one of the greatest DJ's out there!!! We love him. Highly recommend him!! Thanks Joe!! You were a hit!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had a fantastic experience with DJ MoJoe and would recommend him to anyone who wants a wonderful DJ for their event!

First of all, he's a great DJ and emcee, and he actually got my very shy, uptight family to dance. He ran games during dinner, had great command of the room, and was able to read our guests' music tastes very well. Leading up to the wedding he was professional, responded quickly, and really paid attention to our requests (even the oddball ones). Even our wedding coordinator loved him because he works well with other vendors to really make your day as special and smooth as possible. We got a lot of compliments after the wedding about what a great DJ we hired. 5/5 - just an awesome DJ!

Profile Picture Kristine, 1/6/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joe did an amazing job for our noon years eve party for over 100 children ages 5-12 year olds. We plan to hire him for our other events.

Profile Picture Paul, 12/30/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Highly recommended!! Easy to book when you reach out to him. He responds immediately once you've contacted him. Afterwards, you can use his interactive website which made it extremely easy for us to let him know which songs we wanted, how our ceremony was going to go, when and where he was to come in and the overall step-by-step of how we imagined our wedding would go with a DJ. Also, he was willing to put in the extra effort to meet with us in person at least a week before the event to finalize everything and make sure we had everything we needed and wanted to happen on our special day. He was on time to the event, actually earlier, to set up and he was super easy to work with, very flexible when it came to adjusting to the venue space. He was great as an MC, very sensitive to the crowd and atmosphere throughout the event. He made sure the playlist was exactly on point, like we wanted, and that it wasn't too loud that we couldn't talk. It was just the right volume for every moment of day, it was perfect. The end result of booking with DJ MoJoe is having an event that flows smoothly and goes exactly the way you pictured it would go and maybe even better than you expected. DJ MoJoe is one of the best in business when it comes to DJs! Go with DJ MoJoe!

Profile Picture John Mark, 11/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

The long and short of it is that DJ MoJoe was the best wedding DJ and MC I’ve ever heard or witnessed from having attended a dozen or so weddings. Hire this man!

We hired DJ MoJoe based on a referral from one of our other vendors. We spent a lot of time interviewing with wedding coordinators, florists, and caterers, but by the time we got down to hiring the DJ for our event, we were exhausted and looking for recommendations. When given DJ MoJoe’s name, we checked his website and saw the care and level of attention put into it, a good sign that he’d treat our event the same way. So after a quick phone call and some emails, we hired him.

It was one of the best decisions of our wedding. We only furnished him with a Spotify playlist and the instruction, “play standards during cocktails and dinner, then gradually ramp up the party jams as the night goes on.” Joe took our meager playlist as a template and filled it in with his own picks that were consistently perfect for the mood of the party. You know that moment when you’re on a dancefloor, and the song you love is ending, but then the DJ plays a song you didn’t even think of but completely love, and it makes you lose your mind? This happened over and over again for myself and many other guests on the dancefloor. The man is a mind reader.

Aside from his incredible selections, Joe is an outstanding MC. He’s classy, funny, and stays off the mic unless it’s important. He makes sure the event is about you, not him. I’m particularly sensitive to cheesy MCs/DJs, or ones who feel the need to interrupt the song so they can say something to the crowd, and DJ MoJoe was on the complete other end of the spectrum from that. He let the music do the talking and also kept the guests well informed about what was going on during the reception. He was perfect.

After the party, he stuck around for some extra time so he could help breakdown the DJ area we rented, which was not his responsibility, and also p

Profile Picture User7493924, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews

AMAZING!!!!
DJ MoJoe is fantastic to work with. I was introduced to him at a Bridal Expo in Westlake Village and absolutely loved his sweet, calm personality. My husband and I hired him for our wedding on September 24th. It was fantastic. Everyone agreed that we had the BEST Dj/MC they had ever heard. I gave his number out to 5 of my friends! I can't wait to see him again at their weddings! Yaaaay. You must hire him. You will be so glad you did.

Profile Picture Dina, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I spotted DJ MoJoe last year at Art Walk. He was DJ'ing outside an art exhibit. After listening to a few of his sets, I knew I had to have him DJ'ing my wedding a year away. After I got in contact with Joe, I realized that he was incredibly professional, efficient and tasteful. From his website to his 1 on 1 meetings, he was definitely one of our top vendors. Joe suggested meeting up so that we could go over what our needs were. He even took a walk through of our venue site so that he could get an idea for lighting and sound system.

I recently had my wedding over Labor Day weekend. Two things that people kept complimenting me on were 1) the amazing food and 2) the amazing music. Music for me is EXTREMELY important. Both Joe and I feel that it's what sets the mood and gets the party going. He was able to tailor my song choices the way I liked them. He even edited and customized important songs for me such as groomsmen and bridesmaids walking in, garter toss, cake cutting and bouquet toss.

1/3 of our guests came from Canada and now some of my recently engaged friends are asking and considering about flying him up for their wedding! I highly recommend DJ MoJoe. I'm most likely going to have him at all my important milestone events :)

Profile Picture Brian, 9/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ mojoe was our favorite wedding vendor to work with! Extremely professional and has great style and selection in music. Our guests had such a great time thanks to him! My husband and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ

Profile Picture Eurri , 9/2/16, 3 Reviews