DJ Mighty Moves Reviews

23 | Portland, OR

23 Reviews for DJ Mighty Moves

Jackson Meredith · Married on 09/21/2019

Mighty Moves Is The Best. Period.

Have you been to a wedding where it seems impossible to keep people ON the dance floor? Well, Mighty Moves has the opposite problem... people were glued to the dance floor all night during our wedding thanks to Brian's well-curated, personalized, and attentive live DJing. Brian doesn't just hit the play button, he makes sure that the music is a living, breathing part of the experience. He reads the crowd and keeps everyone having the best night of their life. Break free from the typical boring wedding DJ and get mighty moves to do your special day, you and all your friends will be thankful for it, I know mine were!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis Newman · Married on 06/23/2019

Brian was perfect

Brian was the perfect DJ for our wedding day. Prior to the wedding we had a few calls to discuss details with him and get his advice on what we needed for the day of, since he had experience at our venue. He sent us a list of songs that are popular at weddings and had us choose which were must plays or absolutely do not plays, as well as to add our own. He was able to shorten some songs for us and still make them sound perfect. He also was a great announcer which helped keep our day organized and on track.

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Kincella · Married on 06/15/2019

Listens and Delivers

DJ Mighty Moves did a fantastic job covering our wedding on June 15, 2019. He accommodated all of our requests for music and our "do not play under any circumstances" music list as well. He was able to read our family and friends to keep them dancing and having a great time through the night.

My husband and I considered our selection of DJ to be one of the more important vendors we would book when planning our wedding. We didn't want to go with a booking agency that might deliver us "vanilla" and we had very specific artists and songs that we wanted played. DJ Mighty Moves delivered it all for us and I am so thankful our wedding coordinator Elise of Keen Events PDX recommended him to us.

I highly recommend DJ Mighty Moves for your wedding or next event.

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Brook

Brook · Married on 05/04/2019

Impressed and beyond

Brian was amazing to work with, always accommodating, kind, and a very talented DJ!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Tori · Married on 09/29/2018

DJ Mighty Moves made our wedding reception the best and biggest party ever! He followed the agenda perfectly and was able to read the crowd and keep everyone on the dance floor all night long. Highly reccomend him!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

TOP NOTCH - best wedding DJ and MC ever! Brian listened to exactly what we wanted and delivered! He truly made our wedding perfect, can't wait to work with him again in the future!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Kendra · Married on 09/23/2017

Brian DJed our wedding about a month ago. A few words that will make our experience obvious..everyone told us it was the best dance party they have ever been to and that the dance floor was packed all night with the best music. That’s all thanks to Brian! He was cool and laid back, professional, and let us pick music we wanted but also suggested when a song we picked wasn’t the best. He was so incredibly flexible and probably the vendor we had the least amount of worries with. We knew he would kill it and he did. We have recommended him to every single person who has DJ needs!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Paul · Married on 09/22/2017

Brian, DJ Mighty Moves, is a consummate professional who took the time to make sure that my wife and I had the best music possible at our wedding. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a DJ for any event.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Amanda · Married on 08/26/2017

Brian was a great DJ for our wedding in Cannon Beach. We were planning our wedding in our hometown of Yakima, WA, and he made it really easy to get things set up. Played a good variety of music and had my whole family dancing.

Sent on 09/02/2017

Kenny · Married on 07/27/2017

Brian was the Best. From the first meeting he made us feel extremely excited about what he could bring to our wedding. On the big day he totally brought it! He is Friendly, Professional and worked with us to make sure that we got the right music style for us. could not have been happier.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Allison · Married on 08/20/2016

Brian was AMAZING. I went into the wedding process saying all I wanted was a good dance party that went late into the night. He was SO receptive to our musical tastes and incorporated all of the things we wanted. One of my bridesmaids gave him a handwritten song request list on the DAY of the wedding and he still managed to find and play her requests. I had numerous older people and younger people compliment the DJ to me. And the dance party went until after midnight, when the venue shut down. He also provided lights for the dance floor, which added a lot. Amazing vendor.

Sent on 08/25/2016

S · Married on 08/14/2016

It is impossible to overstate how amazing DJ Mighty Moves (Brian Baker) is. Don't even read the rest of this review until after you've contacted him.

Ok, you've written to him? Great.

My wife and I got married in Portland in August 2016, and we had initially been one of those couples who thought they were clever enough, tech-savvy enough, and knowledgable enough to figure out the music on our own. Thank goodness we realized how wrong we were and that Brian was still available (the advantages of a Sunday evening wedding!). We contacted several DJs and ultimately chose Brian because it was clear that he was, above everyone else, completely receptive to all of our requests for how we wanted the wedding reception to go. Whatever vibe you want your DJ to bring to the wedding, Brian can definitely accommodate. We wanted to have a continuous, upbeat, dance party with a lot of pop music from the 90s and 00s and no themed dances or unnecessary announcements - and that's exactly what we got.

Now, at this point you may be thinking, "great, so he did what you asked, isn't that standard?" You'd think, right? But in our searches, other potential DJs really pushed us on doing the electric slide and other such 'crowd pleasers,' when we knew that those things weren't for us. But way more importantly, Brian is a legitimately amazing DJ in the actual smooth-transitioning, tempo-matching, song-blending, and dance-maintaining sense. Even our music-snobbiest of guests commented on how "the DJ's been maintaining an amazingly consistent 105 beats per minute this whole time...I can really get into my dancing grove." Additionally, he has a great breadth of music knowledge. When we weren't sure what music to have playing during dinner, he was ready with suggestions for us to check out. Above all, you want the music to sound good. And it will.

DJ Mighty Moves is professional, reliable, and above all, really good at his job. Hire him, you won't regret it.

Sent on 02/20/2017

Natalie · Married on 08/07/2016

Brian was absolutely wonderful to work with. We both feel that he hands down made our wedding amazing. He edited songs down for our ceremony and dances (first dance, father/daughter, and mother/son), played an amazing cocktail hour, and dance party. We took song requests from our guests on our invites and Brian skillfully weaved them into the night. He was also great at keeping the night moving and flowing. There was no downtime or lull in the festivities. We could not have been happier with who we selected to work with.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Natalie · Married on 08/07/2016

Sent on 09/19/2016

Alex · Married on 07/16/2016

Brian is seriously the best! I am a wedding stylist/coordinator myself, so have pretty high standards when it comes to vendors. For my husband and I, the DJ we chose was hugely, hugely important. The DJ sets the whole tone of the wedding, and we both had experienced some very bad ones - either super cheesy types or just weren't prepared. Brian is NOT either of those. Throughout the entire process, he was responsive, highly professional and asked all of the right questions. He went above and beyond, by being willing to talk personally to the kooky owner of our venue who was very concerned about the noise levels and was extra prepared with additional equipment on the big day. He stayed "in the background" which is exactly what we wanted in a DJ...you know what I'm talking about with those DJ's who make the wedding day all about them! He only got on the mic when absolutely necessary to make important announcements and to keep us on schedule. Plus, Brian has THE BEST taste in music. If you're a 90's kid like my husband and I, you love 90's and early 2000's rap and hip hop...all those awesome old school booty shakin' cuts! Brian had all of those and more that we hadn't thought of, and he has the best transitions from song to song keeping things upbeat and fun. People did not leave the dance floor all night! I would highly, highly recommend Brian to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 08/25/2016
  • Setareh

Setareh · Married on 09/26/2015

For those planning a wedding know, not everything goes according to the plan. Some of our vendors dropped the ball, but it was Brian who saved the day. The DJ/MC is one of the most important components to a wedding and thanks to him, no one noticed the issues we ran into during the ceremony & reception. He kept everyone on schedule and when things went wrong he was extremely flexible to move around to the next thing so no one noticed gaps or issues with the schedule.

I can't thank Brian enough for making our day amazing. Not only was the logistics taken care of, but he brought back up microphones that I didn't know I needed until it was too late and great dancing lights! Our dance floor was light up and beautiful thanks to him.

If you are looking for a DJ for any special occasion. Book DJ Mighty Moves, you will not regret it!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/05/2015

I could not have asked for a better DJ, both on the wedding day and leading up to it.
    We were very specific in the music we wanted and what we expected from a DJ, MC-wise, for the evening and he came through 100% - personally, I don’t think there was a single “miss” song during the reception and I don’t think I left the dance floor for more than a song or two.

He handled equipment, mics for the ceremony and toasts, gently MC’d the evening without being obnoxious or intrusive, played a fantastic dinner playlist (we got a few comments from music fan friends that the dinner music was on point). Brian made the night SUCH a fun party, true to our tastes and what we wanted.

Also, he was most reasonably priced DJ of anyone we spoke to who had any kind of reputable business.

AND he met my coordinator out there for a meeting a week in advance, too.

Oh, AND he edited down our first dance songs with our parents to be shortened.
    Truly, can’t recommend him enough.

Great fit for a bride who likes a little more control, has specific music tastes, doesn’t want a loud, fog-machine+disco-ball kind of wedding DJ.

Sent on 11/20/2015

Krista · Married on 08/22/2015

Brian was the best decision we made for our wedding. He went above and beyond to help us in every step of the planning process and listened to our needs fully. His professionalism and quick responses made us feel confident that this piece of our wedding would be effortless. While the planning and lead up was amazing and extremely informative, it really was the day of our wedding that blew us away. Being that its such a busy day, Brian fully understood and did everything without having to ask a single question. I can't tell you how much we appreciated this about him! We had the best ceremony and reception and I am still getting comments from Guests about how much they loved the reception music/party and how fun he made our day! Such a great choice, we are so lucky we found him and that he was available on our wedding date!

Sent on 10/10/2015
  • I

irene · Married on 08/08/2015

Brian (DJ Mighty Moves) was awesome! He met up with us for a consultation. We talked about what genres of music we wanted to play, our schedule, budget, etc. He asked us questions and brought up little details that we had not thought about. With the questions he asked, we knew he had a lot of experience with weddings and knew what would or would not work. He isn't a DJ that presses the play button and stands there. He actually has turntables and mixes music - crazy I know. It's rare these days!
    Aside from the American music we wanted played, we wanted traditional Chinese playing during dinner and Laotian music played for a portion of the open dance floor. We thought it was going to be difficult to do so, but Brian assured us that he was able to incorporate that in! Our family loved the fact that we had traditional music playing that could dance to. We still get compliments about the wedding and music that was played. They all had a blast and all ages were out on the dance floor having a good time.
    Not everything goes to plan during a wedding due to time constraints, but Brian made it as seamless as possible. He did a great job with the transitions during the wedding and we were so grateful. Things would have not gone as smoothly as they did if it wasn't for him.
    He showed up early and set up his equipment, was nicely dressed, very professional, did a great job as an MC, very easy to work with, super nice guy and most importantly....he kept people on the dance floor. It was a dance party that we all didn't want to end! Overall, we were pleased with his service and would highly recommend him to anyone hosting an event in need of a DJ.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Matt · Married on 08/01/2015

Brian (DJ Mighty Moves) was an absolute pleasure to work with. Very friendly and very responsive. He was more than willing to go above and beyond, helping us with any odds and ends of our wedding that needed some help. He was an awesome MCs, hosting the entire night, and ensuring we were on schedule. Not only was he a huge help in all these respects, he was an AWESOME DJ. I have DJ'd myself for a few years and understand the in's and out's of what makes a great DJ - Brian has it. He has awesome transitions, very good song selection, and some very cool remixes of the wedding classics. He certainly impressed me and my whole family. I would recommend him to any and every one - I really can't say enough good things about this guy. The value you pay for his services is unsurpassed. If you are even considering hiring Brian, just do it. You won't regret it.

Sent on 09/13/2015

Preston · Married on 07/25/2015

DJ Mighty Moves, aka Brian Baker, was phenomenal! From the very start, Brian was very professional and easy to work with. He provided various options of his services for the wedding (both ceremony and during the reception) and worked with us on an option that fit within our budget. In the months leading up to the big day, we were able to check in with Brian a few times to discuss music options as well as specific songs for the ceremony and reception. He provided us with a comprehensive list of songs that he could play and let us work through the list, highlighting songs we definitely did want played as well as those we didn't want played (which was equally if not more important). We were also able to add additional favorites to the list for him to play. This was a really great service that Brian provided because we had very specific tastes of the style of reception we wanted and it allowed us to customize the playlist.

On the day of our wedding, Brian was there on time and had everything set up before we even realized he had arrived. The music and song selection were are big part of our ceremony so it was important to get it right and during the whole thing, the music, microphones, and sound quality were all perfect. Then during the reception, Brian did a great job of MCing for various announcements throughout the night while providing a fantastic blend of background/atmosphere music during Happy Hour and dinner. Then the party began and DJ Mighty Moves took over, keeping the music coming and the dance floor packed all night long. He played all our favorite songs, while seamlessly transitioning from one song to the next. Even after 1:00 AM, he stuck around and went above and beyond to keep taking requests of the last few people on the dance floor. It was awesome and definitely some of the best DJing Ive ever heard. We will certainly be recommending Brian to our other friends and hope to have him DJ other events for us in the future.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Brianna · Married on 07/11/2015

Fabulous DJ. He was super easy to work with and made our wedding reception a blast. Several guest commented on how great he was. One of my friends even said he was the "DJ of her dreams" and wished she had him at her wedding!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Brian Baker was great throughout the entire planning process. I actually received a recommendation for him when another DJ I contacted was booked for my date. Brian didn't even wait for me to contact him, he reached out to me after his fellow DJ informed him of the recomendation. He was very responsive throughout the planning process and made sure to ask important questions like how long we wanted the special dances to last. During the wedding he actually mixed songs together to play seemlessly instead of some dj's just playing the straight song. He was also very affordable. No complaints.

Sent on 11/17/2014