DJ Michael Reviews

86 | Brighton, MA

86 Reviews for DJ Michael

Marissa · Married on 07/06/2019

Highly Recommended

We had Michael DJ our wedding a few weekends ago and we have nothing but great things to say about him. He was recommended to us after a friend's wedding because they said they had a blast- now we have already recommended him to several of our guests.

From the start, Michael was very responsive and by far the easiest vendor to work with. He made the day and the planning as stress-free for us as possible. He took care of the ceremony as well as the reception without any hitches, and was able to set up properly for our last-minute change of location due to rain. Before entering the ballroom, Michael even came over to us and congratulated/hugged us, which showed how friendly and personable he is. He took into consideration all of our requests and we were very happy with the results. He even went beyond that and played some extra Beyonce songs after hearing how much the bride loves her through some speeches.

We were worried about booking a venue with such a large dance floor, but it ended up being full the entire night thanks to Michael. We had guests of all ages who were up dancing the whole time. We have heard from several guests that they truly had so much fun at our wedding and that they thought the DJ was fantastic, and we agree. We couldn't recommend him more to anyone who wants to have a fun and memorable wedding for them and their guests.

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 06/29/2019

Better than we could have hoped for!

DJ Michael was absolutely amazing! I can't put into words how wonderful he made our day. From our original meeting with him, through the planning process and the song selections, Michael was incredibly responsive and helpful. We had some changes that we decided to make the day of the wedding, and he was able to accommodate them without any issues. Our goal for the reception was to have people enjoying themselves and dancing, and during the entire night, the only time I saw the dance floor only filled with kids was at the beginning, while the first course was being served. Michael did an impeccable job of reading the crowd and mixing together all of the different decades, languages and genres of music that we asked for. Not only did he provide music, he also provided uplighting which helped set the mood for the evening. The whole night of our wedding, and to this day; we are told "he was an amazing DJ", "that was the best wedding I've been to EVER!", and "my feet hurt the next morning because I danced so much!". We couldn't recommend Michael enough! Do not hesitate, booking him will be one of the best decisions you make for that day!

Thank you so much!
    ~Anna & Dave

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • JingJing

Jingjing Chen · Married on 06/22/2019

A+ wedding vendor!

Michael comes highly recommended for a reason! He really is a pro - professional, experienced, easy to work with, and someone you can trust to help your wedding day go off without a hitch. Michael was very accommodating of our needs while also providing useful advice where we wanted it, and really made us feel comfortable about the whole process. On the day of, he handled everything seamlessly behind the scenes and DJed a great dance party, and we got great feedback from our guests about everything from his quality of MC-ing to the music choices. Michael did an awesome job creating a great atmosphere for our guests and was all around a stellar wedding vendor, don't hesitate to book him!

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Katy

Katy Garrison · Married on 06/08/2019

He knows what he's doing.

Your search for the perfect wedding DJ ends here. Michael provided lovely ceremony music, MC'ed the reception, and kept people on the dance floor the entire night. We got rave reviews from our guests -- "He was the best DJ, I've ever seen at a wedding!" He had helpful suggestions during the planning process to make things more fun and run smoothly. He is a complete professional, with lots of experience commanding a crowd and great taste in music. He kept everyone having a blast across the generations. The man is just good.

Sent on 06/23/2019

serena · Married on 06/01/2019

Three thumbs up

This review will mostly be echoing all of the previous reviews- Michael was AWESOME. We booked him to DJ our wedding on a farm and he really delivered- we requested specific songs for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and he made it happen. The entire process was very easy & organized, and he was a dream wedding vendor.

After the wedding I told him that everything didn't run quite so smoothly that day, but the music was one of the few things that did, thanks to him. We had a shorter timeframe for the reception & dancing due to venue restrictions and he made sure people had great music to dance to- everyone had a fantastic time and are still telling me how fun it was!

Do yourself a favor and book Michael for any of your DJ-ing needs- he's organized, professional, and amazing at what he does.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Erika · Married on 10/06/2018

Experienced and professional

Michael was kind, punctual, and professional in all dealings via phone, email and in person. My husband and I were planning our New Hampshire wedding remotely from California, so we wanted to make sure we had a good DJ locked in for our event far in advance. He was great to work with and I would recommend to anyone getting married in the greater Boston/New England area.

Sent on 12/09/2018
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 10/06/2018

Experienced and professional

Sent on 12/09/2018
  • Sharrene

Sharrene Henderson · Married on 09/23/2018

The Best of the Best

My husband Keith and I highly recommend Michael O'Neill as your wedding DJ. He went above and beyond to cover every music detail necessary for our wedding. This was not an easy task because every portion of the event was in a different location, yet he never once made us feel like our requests were too much to handle. Micheal worked with our music requests and created playlists that perfectly represented each portion of the day. The dancing portion was extremely important to us, because both of our families love to move. He kept the music exciting and relatable to all age groups, the floor was always full! Most importantly Michael is kind and so much fun to work with. He is a veteran in this industry and a must have if you want the best of the best. We love Michael!!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Adam Cuomo · Married on 09/21/2018

Best party ever!

Mike did a flawless job on the ceremony music, crushed the announcements/ first dance and speech sequence. He did an amazing job keeping the energy at a 10 for the entire reception. Our group likes to party and he kept the dance floor over capacity all night long.

Sent on 08/11/2019

Rachel · Married on 09/15/2018

Book DJ Michael. Michael was recommended by our photographer. I did a little more research and found great reviews. We emailed and met in person. Michael was absolutely the best. He made our night so special. He is organized, thoughtful and a true professional. Everything went smoothly with introductions and first dances. When the night turned into just dancing Michael’s skills were on full display. We gave him some of our song preferences ahead of time and he nailed it. He played so many great songs and a good mix for our crowd. It exceeded all expectations.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Meghan · Married on 08/18/2018

Responsive, professional who knows how to keep the dance floor going all night!

This review is long overdue but well deserved! Michael was not only amazing on the day of our wedding, but was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. He was easy to communicate with and super quick with responding to emails. Another thing we loved about Michael was his desire to meet with us prior to the wedding to get a better understanding of the vibe we were going for and what we wanted played throughout the day/night.

Most importantly, however, was Michael's knowledge of music (all genres) and ability to read the room! Song selection is key to keeping the dance floor going and he was able to seamlessly transition into the RIGHT next song, never letting the energy die down. Once he got started the place was rocking until the very end. We couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out!

Thanks again for making our special day so wonderful!

The McLeans

Sent on 04/19/2019

Marina · Married on 08/11/2018

Michael was the perfect DJ for our wedding this past August in Lincoln, MA. He was incredibly helpful with the planning process, providing helpful timelines and helping me pick songs and genres for each part of the reception. He played all the songs we asked for, kept the wedding on track, and pronounced every name correctly! He was so professional about working with the venue to keep the music volume low. He was enthusiastic, patient, and an all around pleasure to work with. I would recommend his services to anyone!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Erica · Married on 08/04/2018

DJ Mike is the best. He had our dance floor packed during our entire wedding two weeks ago, and people couldn't stop raving about how fun the wedding was. Mike is also really easy to work with. In addition to meeting with my fiance and I before the wedding to go over all the music, he also answered multiple follow-up emails quickly. I feel like he listens to what you want but also uses his expertise to make sure your party is fun and that everyone has a good time. The music transitions during the ceremony were seamless as well. Mike even makes a CD for you with all of your wedding songs as a memento of the night, which is such a nice added touch. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Noah · Married on 07/28/2018

He’s the nicest guy, super understanding when my mom had a few last minute changes. Our party was half Brazilians so they were all raring to dance and mike really knew which songs to play to get the Americans up too. All in all, it was a great wedding and the music was perfect. He made some suggestions when I was unsure of what we wanted and they were spot on for what the room needed. 10/10 would get married and have him dj again!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Kristie · Married on 03/30/2018

We loved DJ Michael! He took our very diverse musical interests and made a perfect mix! He was so easy and responsive to work with! I would highly recommend Michael to any bride out there that wants a classy DJ that doesn't try to take over the show! He will bring whatever vibe you want and all of my guests left tired from dancing, which was my goal!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Dani · Married on 02/11/2018

Michael was a joy to work with. I knew within five minutes of meeting him before signing a contract that he would be great. My husband and I had very particular music taste and Michael went out of his way to not only download the correct versions (of classical songs), but to also edit some songs to fade in and out at the precise moment. For example, as we walked down the aisle, we needed our songs to transition at one exact beat and he did it perfectly. Not only was Michael helpful before the wedding, but he was very responsive during the wedding. Like most weddings, the schedule ended up running a bit behind, and Michael worked closely with us throughout the day to make sure we were in the room for important parts of the reception and working with us to remove parts at the last second because of time (bouquet toss). I know this can be difficult because, as bride and groom, we were constantly being pulled all over the place for photos and to talk to people.

The one thing we really wanted in a DJ was someone who could play sweet tunes but who wouldn't do any awkward advertising in the middle of the wedding. Michael did just that -- played great music that we requested and was very behind the scenes, emceeing when necessary. Finally, he quietly put copies of CDs with our wedding music into our stuff before leaving, which was a sweet touch. We now will have these lovely tunes to hear for the rest of our lives. Go with Michael! You won't regret it.

Sent on 03/05/2018

Courtney · Married on 11/18/2017

Michael was absolutely amazing!!!! I cannot tell you how thrilled my husband and I are for choosing him. He was beyond helpful- thorough, extremely responsive and very prepared. We had a very specific vision of what we wanted, and it was executed in the exact way we had dreamed. He helped us fashion our unique music for when people were seating, played our "peace of mind" exit ceremonial music, classy cocktail hour music and then pumped up dance party music. We requested music that would get the party started. People stopped dinner early and the dance party never died down. Everyone raved about our wedding, which I think is due in large part to an excellent, knowledgeable DJ. Thank you so much, Michael!!!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Jillian · Married on 11/04/2017

If I could give Michael 10 stars I would. He was AMAZING. He was recommended to us by good friends of ours who used his DJ services at their wedding. Their wedding was an absolute blast, and we knew we wanted Michael to bring that same vibe to our wedding. From the beginning, he was responsive and easy to work with. We booked him quite far in advance as the DJ was important to me. He made this process seamless. We were planning our Boston, MA wedding from Washington, DC however with phone calls and emails I felt like everything I needed to know was communicated. As we got closer to the wedding, he had a great planning document to help square away all the necessary details for the big day including must plays and do-not plays. I was rather particular about the songs I wanted to be played during my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He went far beyond my expectations, and provided us with the exact music we were looking for. He reviewed the timeline with me days before the wedding, and kept the night moving perfectly. I did not stop dancing for one minute at my own wedding.. it was the best. He had EVERYONE dancing the whole night. If you are looking for a reliable, reasonably priced DJ who will keep your party going all night... Michael is your guy! I will continue to recommend him to all my future friends and family planning their weddings.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Shirley · Married on 09/03/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. Michael was responsive and easy to work with. He gave us an easy to follow worksheet that helped us get on the same page ahead of time and played the perfect mix of music for our eclectic crowd. He got there early - tailored music to our tastes while keeping everyone on the dance floor all night long. I'm so happy we ended up working with Michael!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Steve · Married on 09/03/2017

If I could give 10 stars I would. Michael absolutely killed it at our wedding. Living in CA at the time of our wedding it was difficult selecting DJs. We ended up going with Michael cause he was laid back and gave us a sense that he could play a mix of old and new music without being cheesy or too "in your face." We couldn't have been happier with our choice.

Michael made the process simple throughout. We never even met him beforehand in person, just had a conversation and filled out some paperwork. He was there before the ceremony (even though we only needed him for the reception), and required zero attention from me. He had everything ready to go when it was his time and he certainly brought his A game. He didn't play any corny stuff (though said he would if we wanted). He had a perfect mix of music to get everyone up and dancing, and the floor was packed the entire night. I could barely get to the bar cause I couldn't pull myself away! I've been to a lot of weddings and this was the best dance party I've ever had. And that's not just a grooms bias - many of my friends said likewise.

If that all wasn't enough, Michael was very gracious and accommodating, and let us know how well he got along with our other vendors. Michael was an absolutely incredible find and made our wedding day more than we could have imagined. If you're planning a wedding remotely - or locally - you will not be disappointed by Michael. Thank you!!!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Daniel · Married on 09/02/2017

I don't have enough good things to say about Michael. Leading up to the wedding he was beyond accommodating and responsive on all lines of communication. We had multiple face-to-face meetings over the course of the year leading up the wedding and every time Michael brought fresh ideas to the table. He even went out of his way to purchase some of the more obscure songs we requested!

On the day of the wedding Michael was fantastic! He arrived at the venue multiple hours before the ceremony started and set up 3(!) different tables for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He provided his own microphones and let our videographer tap into his sound board for the ceremony audio.

Michael shined especially bright during the reception. Everyone was up on the dance floor the entire night as he mixed in all different genres and decades of music. We've had many guests reach out to us to let us know what a fantastic job our DJ did. He really made our wedding an outstanding party!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Ciaran · Married on 08/12/2017

Thank you so much!! The day was a blur but the energy and excitement in the dance floor is vivid! You were incredible and everyone had so much fun. Best DJ ever

We will be forever grateful for making our special day even more special.

Best,
    Ciaran

Sent on 08/16/2017
  • F

Francis · Married on 08/11/2017

Michael was great to work with throughout the entire process. He was responsive, helpful, and made us feel calm when we were on the verge of wedding planning panic. Most importantly, he did an awesome job and we had an amazing night! He took our recommendations and build a great night around it. The dance floor never stopped!

When we wanted to add a photo booth and uplighting three weeks before the wedding, Michael made it happen stress-free and for a great price. Not enough positive things we can say.

Before you book your DJ, meet with Michael.

Sent on 08/15/2017
  • Z

Zach · Married on 07/22/2017

When choosing a DJ for our wedding, my wife and I searched through multiple websites and reviews. We sent inquiries to a few different DJs and companies. Michael was quick to respond and had a much more personal touch when compared to other agencies we contacted. He was thorough with all of the planning and made the process easy. Anytime we had questions, he was available.
    The music at our wedding was very important to us and Michael did an amazing job. He had us fill out a planning sheet to make sure the day went smoothly and we were not disappointed. He did his job flawlessly, limited any off script talking at the reception and kept the evening moving along on schedule. He checked in with us frequently enough, but did not make the day about him, as some DJs tend to do. The music selection was perfect! He integrated all of our must plays and did a great job of reading the room to keep the dance floor full all night.
    We felt very comfortable with Michael and his prices were reasonable. He also did an excellent job setting up the audio for our ceremony. If you are looking for a professional, fun and relaxed DJ to keep your wedding running smoothly, look no further. We would not hesitate to hire Michale again.

Sent on 08/09/2017

DJ Michael's reply:

Thanks for this glowing review, Zach. This and your wedding make my Summer!