DJ Michael Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Samantha G. Married on 10/31/2021

Amazing job at our Halloween wedding

DJ Michael did such an amazing job at our wedding! He was professional and had great material, and just knew what to play for our Halloween wedding. Would 100% recommend to everyone.

DJ Michael's reply:

Thanks, Sam! It was a Halloween I will never forget. Only at the Shovel Handle Pub do you get a 4-hour dance party. Epic!
    Ethan S. Married on 09/25/2021

Best DJ In the Area!

My wife & I hired Michael for our wedding and he was easily my favorite vendor we worked with! From start to finish Michael was incredibly professional, responsive & flexible to help create the absolute perfect day for our wedding. 10/ 10 would recommend to anyone looking for DJ services in New England area!

DJ Michael's reply:

Thanks for the glowing review, Ethan! This is what I was shooting for. You and Chelsey threw a great party! Cheers!
  • Kotaro
    Kotaro T. Married on 09/18/2021

Just hire this guy

DJ Michael was great at our 65 ppl wedding. We was very flexible with us ahead of the wedding during the planning stage. Our reception and dancing was outdoors, when we got hit by torrential rain! But DJ Michael kept the party going by moving under the awning and everyone danced in the rain. He also provided uplighting which made the place POP!

DJ Michael's reply:

Thank so much, Kotato! I love to see things come together and the torrential rain took it to a new level. Thanks for sharing the videos!
  • Tori
    Tori P. Married on 08/21/2021

Best Wedding DJ ever!!

I could not recommend a better DJ!!!! Michael is soo genuine, caring, fun, and passionate about what he does! He was SUPER thoughtful and even gave us our songs on 2 CDs! Both me and my now husband are deaf, and we had a mix of hearing and deaf folks at our wedding, so we were worried that the music would not be a hit. But Michael knew exactly what he was doing and everyone had a blast on the dance floor!!!! Not only did Michael have a fantastic music selection, but he provided superb feedback when helping me pick song choices for certain wedding events (i.e., cake cutting, bouquet toss). He was practically our wedding planner too, and helped us put together the best order of wedding events! Thank you, Michael!!!!

DJ Michael's reply:

Thank you for this amazing review, Tori. It can be more challenging to get everyone dancing while the sun is shining on a hot summer day. You all were so much fun! I'm so glad you (and your mom) found me! Congrats!!
  • Leah
    Leah R. Married on 07/03/2021

Highly Recommend, 10/10!

DJ Michael made our wedding the BEST time!! We had several guests comment to my husband and I that it was the best wedding that they have ever been to...and DJ Michael had a lot to do with it. He was on time, professional, and just an all-around amazing vendor and we are THRILLED that we chose him as the DJ for our wedding reception. He played a variety of different songs that my husband and I and our guests were ecstatic over. It's not an exaggeration when I say the dance floor was never empty. We cannot say enough good things about DJ Michael, and we highly recommend him for your special day!

DJ Michael's reply:

It's my pleasure, Leah. Thanks for the very kind review and beautiful photos! My job was easy that day, you all were so much fun!
  • Paul
    Paul K. Married on 07/01/2021

Wedding DJ

Michael did a great job at our wedding! He offered great service options and was very helpful in making suggestions. On time, professional, and reasonably priced. Afterward, we only received compliments from our guests on the DJ. Michael, you rock!
  • PAtrick
    Patrick D. Married on 01/04/2020

Michael is exactly what we needed

We had a pretty small wedding, so wanted a chill yet fun DJ - Michael was exactly that. He was very responsive, accommodating and not pushy at all with add-ons or unnecessary expenses. He read the room very well and we managed to have a great time with a small group.
  • Colleen
    Colleen M. Married on 12/28/2019

The best party ever!

I didn’t have many specific songs I wanted and I don’t have great taste in music so I left all of that completely to Michael. The only thing I told him was “throw a good party”... and that he did! He was incredible. Everything we’ve heard from guests of our wedding is that it was a great party! The dance floor was totally full for 4 hours!! Michael was a professional the whole way through and even left us the CDs from the night after it was over! Thank you Michael for the BEST PARTY EVER!

Photos by Krista Jean Photography- https://kristajeanphotography.com/
  • Courtney
    Courtney F. Married on 11/16/2019

Fallon/Ago Wedding 11/16/19

Michael was awesome! He was organized and he easy to work with. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night long! He made a wonderful night even more fun. Highly recommend using Dj Michael for your wedding! Thank you again!!
    Rachel L. Married on 11/10/2019

Outstanding DJ!

My husband and I hired Michael to be our DJ at our wedding, and we could not have been happier! He was nothing but helpful in the planning process and followed through on every detail we had talked about for the day of. We've gotten so many compliments after the fact from our guests saying how much fun they had and how much they enjoyed the music. DJ Michael helped make our wedding the perfect day that it was.
    David Married on 08/30/2019

responsive and accommodating

Michael was a pleasure to work with and did a great job incorporating our music choices into our wedding while adding his own selections that got everyone dancing. He was able to source all of our music requests without issues. He responded very quickly whenever we had new requests or updates, both via email and during the wedding itself. He was professional and courteous. He provided excellent uplighting services as well.
  • Marissa
    Marissa Married on 07/06/2019

Highly Recommended

We had Michael DJ our wedding a few weekends ago and we have nothing but great things to say about him. He was recommended to us after a friend's wedding because they said they had a blast- now we have already recommended him to several of our guests.

From the start, Michael was very responsive and by far the easiest vendor to work with. He made the day and the planning as stress-free for us as possible. He took care of the ceremony as well as the reception without any hitches, and was able to set up properly for our last-minute change of location due to rain. Before entering the ballroom, Michael even came over to us and congratulated/hugged us, which showed how friendly and personable he is. He took into consideration all of our requests and we were very happy with the results. He even went beyond that and played some extra Beyonce songs after hearing how much the bride loves her through some speeches.

We were worried about booking a venue with such a large dance floor, but it ended up being full the entire night thanks to Michael. We had guests of all ages who were up dancing the whole time. We have heard from several guests that they truly had so much fun at our wedding and that they thought the DJ was fantastic, and we agree. We couldn't recommend him more to anyone who wants to have a fun and memorable wedding for them and their guests.
  • Anna
    Anna Married on 06/29/2019

Better than we could have hoped for!

DJ Michael was absolutely amazing! I can't put into words how wonderful he made our day. From our original meeting with him, through the planning process and the song selections, Michael was incredibly responsive and helpful. We had some changes that we decided to make the day of the wedding, and he was able to accommodate them without any issues. Our goal for the reception was to have people enjoying themselves and dancing, and during the entire night, the only time I saw the dance floor only filled with kids was at the beginning, while the first course was being served. Michael did an impeccable job of reading the crowd and mixing together all of the different decades, languages and genres of music that we asked for. Not only did he provide music, he also provided uplighting which helped set the mood for the evening. The whole night of our wedding, and to this day; we are told "he was an amazing DJ", "that was the best wedding I've been to EVER!", and "my feet hurt the next morning because I danced so much!". We couldn't recommend Michael enough! Do not hesitate, booking him will be one of the best decisions you make for that day!

Thank you so much!
    ~Anna & Dave
  • JingJing
    Jingjing C. Married on 06/22/2019

A+ wedding vendor!

Michael comes highly recommended for a reason! He really is a pro - professional, experienced, easy to work with, and someone you can trust to help your wedding day go off without a hitch. Michael was very accommodating of our needs while also providing useful advice where we wanted it, and really made us feel comfortable about the whole process. On the day of, he handled everything seamlessly behind the scenes and DJed a great dance party, and we got great feedback from our guests about everything from his quality of MC-ing to the music choices. Michael did an awesome job creating a great atmosphere for our guests and was all around a stellar wedding vendor, don't hesitate to book him!
  • Katy
    Katy G. Married on 06/08/2019

He knows what he's doing.

Your search for the perfect wedding DJ ends here. Michael provided lovely ceremony music, MC'ed the reception, and kept people on the dance floor the entire night. We got rave reviews from our guests -- "He was the best DJ, I've ever seen at a wedding!" He had helpful suggestions during the planning process to make things more fun and run smoothly. He is a complete professional, with lots of experience commanding a crowd and great taste in music. He kept everyone having a blast across the generations. The man is just good.
    Serena Married on 06/01/2019

Three thumbs up

This review will mostly be echoing all of the previous reviews- Michael was AWESOME. We booked him to DJ our wedding on a farm and he really delivered- we requested specific songs for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and he made it happen. The entire process was very easy & organized, and he was a dream wedding vendor.

After the wedding I told him that everything didn't run quite so smoothly that day, but the music was one of the few things that did, thanks to him. We had a shorter timeframe for the reception & dancing due to venue restrictions and he made sure people had great music to dance to- everyone had a fantastic time and are still telling me how fun it was!

Do yourself a favor and book Michael for any of your DJ-ing needs- he's organized, professional, and amazing at what he does.
    Amy Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing DJ!

DJ Michael was amazing at our wedding. He was so easy to work with and so responsive. We emailed back and forth and then met him in person in order to finalize details. He was super organized which I appreciated very much!

Our main goal was to have people on the dance floor as much as possible, and that was the case at our wedding. I can't tell you how many people have complimented how great the music was. DJ Michael consciously chose music from all different decades, and different genres that kept our guests entertained and happy. We would highly recommend him to anyone!
    Erika Married on 10/06/2018

Experienced and professional

Michael was kind, punctual, and professional in all dealings via phone, email and in person. My husband and I were planning our New Hampshire wedding remotely from California, so we wanted to make sure we had a good DJ locked in for our event far in advance. He was great to work with and I would recommend to anyone getting married in the greater Boston/New England area.
  • Erika
    Erika Married on 10/06/2018

Experienced and professional

• Sharrene
    Sharrene H. Married on 09/23/2018

The Best of the Best

My husband Keith and I highly recommend Michael O'Neill as your wedding DJ. He went above and beyond to cover every music detail necessary for our wedding. This was not an easy task because every portion of the event was in a different location, yet he never once made us feel like our requests were too much to handle. Micheal worked with our music requests and created playlists that perfectly represented each portion of the day. The dancing portion was extremely important to us, because both of our families love to move. He kept the music exciting and relatable to all age groups, the floor was always full! Most importantly Michael is kind and so much fun to work with. He is a veteran in this industry and a must have if you want the best of the best. We love Michael!!
    Adam C. Married on 09/21/2018

Best party ever!

Mike did a flawless job on the ceremony music, crushed the announcements/ first dance and speech sequence. He did an amazing job keeping the energy at a 10 for the entire reception. Our group likes to party and he kept the dance floor over capacity all night long.
    Rachel Married on 09/15/2018
    Book DJ Michael. Michael was recommended by our photographer. I did a little more research and found great reviews. We emailed and met in person. Michael was absolutely the best. He made our night so special. He is organized, thoughtful and a true professional. Everything went smoothly with introductions and first dances. When the night turned into just dancing Michael’s skills were on full display. We gave him some of our song preferences ahead of time and he nailed it. He played so many great songs and a good mix for our crowd. It exceeded all expectations.
    Meghan Married on 08/18/2018

Responsive, professional who knows how to keep the dance floor going all night!

This review is long overdue but well deserved! Michael was not only amazing on the day of our wedding, but was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. He was easy to communicate with and super quick with responding to emails. Another thing we loved about Michael was his desire to meet with us prior to the wedding to get a better understanding of the vibe we were going for and what we wanted played throughout the day/night.

Most importantly, however, was Michael's knowledge of music (all genres) and ability to read the room! Song selection is key to keeping the dance floor going and he was able to seamlessly transition into the RIGHT next song, never letting the energy die down. Once he got started the place was rocking until the very end. We couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out!

Thanks again for making our special day so wonderful!

The McLeans
    Marina Married on 08/11/2018
    Michael was the perfect DJ for our wedding this past August in Lincoln, MA. He was incredibly helpful with the planning process, providing helpful timelines and helping me pick songs and genres for each part of the reception. He played all the songs we asked for, kept the wedding on track, and pronounced every name correctly! He was so professional about working with the venue to keep the music volume low. He was enthusiastic, patient, and an all around pleasure to work with. I would recommend his services to anyone!
    Erica Married on 08/04/2018
    DJ Mike is the best. He had our dance floor packed during our entire wedding two weeks ago, and people couldn't stop raving about how fun the wedding was. Mike is also really easy to work with. In addition to meeting with my fiance and I before the wedding to go over all the music, he also answered multiple follow-up emails quickly. I feel like he listens to what you want but also uses his expertise to make sure your party is fun and that everyone has a good time. The music transitions during the ceremony were seamless as well. Mike even makes a CD for you with all of your wedding songs as a memento of the night, which is such a nice added touch. Highly recommend!