DJ Michael Reviews

78 | Brighton, MA

78 Reviews for DJ Michael

Erika · Married on 10/06/2018

Experienced and professional

Michael was kind, punctual, and professional in all dealings via phone, email and in person. My husband and I were planning our New Hampshire wedding remotely from California, so we wanted to make sure we had a good DJ locked in for our event far in advance. He was great to work with and I would recommend to anyone getting married in the greater Boston/New England area.

• Erika

Erika · Married on 10/06/2018

Experienced and professional

• Sharrene

Sharrene Henderson · Married on 09/23/2018

The Best of the Best

My husband Keith and I highly recommend Michael O'Neill as your wedding DJ. He went above and beyond to cover every music detail necessary for our wedding. This was not an easy task because every portion of the event was in a different location, yet he never once made us feel like our requests were too much to handle. Micheal worked with our music requests and created playlists that perfectly represented each portion of the day. The dancing portion was extremely important to us, because both of our families love to move. He kept the music exciting and relatable to all age groups, the floor was always full! Most importantly Michael is kind and so much fun to work with. He is a veteran in this industry and a must have if you want the best of the best. We love Michael!!

Rachel · Married on 09/15/2018

Book DJ Michael. Michael was recommended by our photographer. I did a little more research and found great reviews. We emailed and met in person. Michael was absolutely the best. He made our night so special. He is organized, thoughtful and a true professional. Everything went smoothly with introductions and first dances. When the night turned into just dancing Michael’s skills were on full display. We gave him some of our song preferences ahead of time and he nailed it. He played so many great songs and a good mix for our crowd. It exceeded all expectations.

Marina · Married on 08/11/2018

Michael was the perfect DJ for our wedding this past August in Lincoln, MA. He was incredibly helpful with the planning process, providing helpful timelines and helping me pick songs and genres for each part of the reception. He played all the songs we asked for, kept the wedding on track, and pronounced every name correctly! He was so professional about working with the venue to keep the music volume low. He was enthusiastic, patient, and an all around pleasure to work with. I would recommend his services to anyone!

Erica · Married on 08/04/2018

DJ Mike is the best. He had our dance floor packed during our entire wedding two weeks ago, and people couldn't stop raving about how fun the wedding was. Mike is also really easy to work with. In addition to meeting with my fiance and I before the wedding to go over all the music, he also answered multiple follow-up emails quickly. I feel like he listens to what you want but also uses his expertise to make sure your party is fun and that everyone has a good time. The music transitions during the ceremony were seamless as well. Mike even makes a CD for you with all of your wedding songs as a memento of the night, which is such a nice added touch. Highly recommend!

Noah · Married on 07/28/2018

He’s the nicest guy, super understanding when my mom had a few last minute changes. Our party was half Brazilians so they were all raring to dance and mike really knew which songs to play to get the Americans up too. All in all, it was a great wedding and the music was perfect. He made some suggestions when I was unsure of what we wanted and they were spot on for what the room needed. 10/10 would get married and have him dj again!

Dani · Married on 02/11/2018

Michael was a joy to work with. I knew within five minutes of meeting him before signing a contract that he would be great. My husband and I had very particular music taste and Michael went out of his way to not only download the correct versions (of classical songs), but to also edit some songs to fade in and out at the precise moment. For example, as we walked down the aisle, we needed our songs to transition at one exact beat and he did it perfectly. Not only was Michael helpful before the wedding, but he was very responsive during the wedding. Like most weddings, the schedule ended up running a bit behind, and Michael worked closely with us throughout the day to make sure we were in the room for important parts of the reception and working with us to remove parts at the last second because of time (bouquet toss). I know this can be difficult because, as bride and groom, we were constantly being pulled all over the place for photos and to talk to people.

The one thing we really wanted in a DJ was someone who could play sweet tunes but who wouldn't do any awkward advertising in the middle of the wedding. Michael did just that -- played great music that we requested and was very behind the scenes, emceeing when necessary. Finally, he quietly put copies of CDs with our wedding music into our stuff before leaving, which was a sweet touch. We now will have these lovely tunes to hear for the rest of our lives. Go with Michael! You won't regret it.

Courtney · Married on 11/18/2017

Michael was absolutely amazing!!!! I cannot tell you how thrilled my husband and I are for choosing him. He was beyond helpful- thorough, extremely responsive and very prepared. We had a very specific vision of what we wanted, and it was executed in the exact way we had dreamed. He helped us fashion our unique music for when people were seating, played our "peace of mind" exit ceremonial music, classy cocktail hour music and then pumped up dance party music. We requested music that would get the party started. People stopped dinner early and the dance party never died down. Everyone raved about our wedding, which I think is due in large part to an excellent, knowledgeable DJ. Thank you so much, Michael!!!

Jillian · Married on 11/04/2017

If I could give Michael 10 stars I would. He was AMAZING. He was recommended to us by good friends of ours who used his DJ services at their wedding. Their wedding was an absolute blast, and we knew we wanted Michael to bring that same vibe to our wedding. From the beginning, he was responsive and easy to work with. We booked him quite far in advance as the DJ was important to me. He made this process seamless. We were planning our Boston, MA wedding from Washington, DC however with phone calls and emails I felt like everything I needed to know was communicated. As we got closer to the wedding, he had a great planning document to help square away all the necessary details for the big day including must plays and do-not plays. I was rather particular about the songs I wanted to be played during my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He went far beyond my expectations, and provided us with the exact music we were looking for. He reviewed the timeline with me days before the wedding, and kept the night moving perfectly. I did not stop dancing for one minute at my own wedding.. it was the best. He had EVERYONE dancing the whole night. If you are looking for a reliable, reasonably priced DJ who will keep your party going all night... Michael is your guy! I will continue to recommend him to all my future friends and family planning their weddings.

Shirley · Married on 09/03/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. Michael was responsive and easy to work with. He gave us an easy to follow worksheet that helped us get on the same page ahead of time and played the perfect mix of music for our eclectic crowd. He got there early - tailored music to our tastes while keeping everyone on the dance floor all night long. I'm so happy we ended up working with Michael!

Steve · Married on 09/03/2017

If I could give 10 stars I would. Michael absolutely killed it at our wedding. Living in CA at the time of our wedding it was difficult selecting DJs. We ended up going with Michael cause he was laid back and gave us a sense that he could play a mix of old and new music without being cheesy or too "in your face." We couldn't have been happier with our choice.

Michael made the process simple throughout. We never even met him beforehand in person, just had a conversation and filled out some paperwork. He was there before the ceremony (even though we only needed him for the reception), and required zero attention from me. He had everything ready to go when it was his time and he certainly brought his A game. He didn't play any corny stuff (though said he would if we wanted). He had a perfect mix of music to get everyone up and dancing, and the floor was packed the entire night. I could barely get to the bar cause I couldn't pull myself away! I've been to a lot of weddings and this was the best dance party I've ever had. And that's not just a grooms bias - many of my friends said likewise.

If that all wasn't enough, Michael was very gracious and accommodating, and let us know how well he got along with our other vendors. Michael was an absolutely incredible find and made our wedding day more than we could have imagined. If you're planning a wedding remotely - or locally - you will not be disappointed by Michael. Thank you!!!

Daniel · Married on 09/02/2017

I don't have enough good things to say about Michael. Leading up to the wedding he was beyond accommodating and responsive on all lines of communication. We had multiple face-to-face meetings over the course of the year leading up the wedding and every time Michael brought fresh ideas to the table. He even went out of his way to purchase some of the more obscure songs we requested!

On the day of the wedding Michael was fantastic! He arrived at the venue multiple hours before the ceremony started and set up 3(!) different tables for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He provided his own microphones and let our videographer tap into his sound board for the ceremony audio.

Michael shined especially bright during the reception. Everyone was up on the dance floor the entire night as he mixed in all different genres and decades of music. We've had many guests reach out to us to let us know what a fantastic job our DJ did. He really made our wedding an outstanding party!

Ciaran · Married on 08/12/2017

Thank you so much!! The day was a blur but the energy and excitement in the dance floor is vivid! You were incredible and everyone had so much fun. Best DJ ever

We will be forever grateful for making our special day even more special.

Best,
    Ciaran

• F

Francis · Married on 08/11/2017

Michael was great to work with throughout the entire process. He was responsive, helpful, and made us feel calm when we were on the verge of wedding planning panic. Most importantly, he did an awesome job and we had an amazing night! He took our recommendations and build a great night around it. The dance floor never stopped!

When we wanted to add a photo booth and uplighting three weeks before the wedding, Michael made it happen stress-free and for a great price. Not enough positive things we can say.

Before you book your DJ, meet with Michael.

• Z

Zach · Married on 07/22/2017

When choosing a DJ for our wedding, my wife and I searched through multiple websites and reviews. We sent inquiries to a few different DJs and companies. Michael was quick to respond and had a much more personal touch when compared to other agencies we contacted. He was thorough with all of the planning and made the process easy. Anytime we had questions, he was available.
    The music at our wedding was very important to us and Michael did an amazing job. He had us fill out a planning sheet to make sure the day went smoothly and we were not disappointed. He did his job flawlessly, limited any off script talking at the reception and kept the evening moving along on schedule. He checked in with us frequently enough, but did not make the day about him, as some DJs tend to do. The music selection was perfect! He integrated all of our must plays and did a great job of reading the room to keep the dance floor full all night.
    We felt very comfortable with Michael and his prices were reasonable. He also did an excellent job setting up the audio for our ceremony. If you are looking for a professional, fun and relaxed DJ to keep your wedding running smoothly, look no further. We would not hesitate to hire Michale again.

Sent on 08/09/2017

DJ Michael's reply:

Thanks for this glowing review, Zach. This and your wedding make my Summer!

Ashley · Married on 06/24/2017

We booked Michael to be our wedding DJ this past June and we were incredibly happy with our decision. He was professional and responded very quickly to emails. He listened closely to our requests and thoughtfully shared his prior wedding experiences to help with our decision making. He has a wide selection of music and will even buy additional files to accommodate you (we requested songs from our favorite video games during our prelude). Most importantly, our crowd was dancing all night and we had so much fun at our wedding thanks to him. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a modern DJ in the Boston area--you will not be disappointed!

Claire · Married on 06/03/2017

Working with Michael was a fantastic experience from start to finish. He was knowledgeable, professional and so talented. We gave him a limited amount of direction and just a few requested songs, as he assured us he could please our dance-loving guest-list. I am so happy we trusted him! He kept the dance floor packed the entire night with an amazing play list! Our guests are still talking about how awesome the music was; my aunt said every time she tried to sit he would play another great song that she couldn't miss! In fact, one of my guests already booked him for next summer! It was so wonderful to not worry about the flow of the party and the music throughout the night, Michael took care of it all and with such success. If I could give 6 stars, I would.

Eva · Married on 11/19/2016

Michael did an exceptional work at our wedding. He was very professional, easy to work with and very accommodating. He was very well prepared and he managed to successfully blend different cultures together and have everyone on the dance floor. We really appreciated his positive attitude and all his great recommendations that made the night flawless. If you are looking for high quality and professionalism, look no further. Thank you very much Michael for all your great work! Matt & Eva

Thea · Married on 11/11/2016

My husband, Kevin, and I hired Michael to DJ our wedding on November 11, 2016, Veteran's Day! We gave him a moderate amount of guidance in terms of requests and asked him to use his judgement with the rest. Michael was very professional, adjusted his music to a crowd of varying ages, and was great at determining what songs were a fit for our intimate group. He was also very responsive to any of our questions throughout the process and inquired with us during the reception as to what our needs and the needs of our guests were. We were so pleased with how the feeling of the music kept everyone dancing the entire night!! He made sure to put the focus on Kevin and I, and he was tactful and engaging with his announcements. We could not have asked for a more perfect night! Thanks to you Michael! Thea and Kevin Canty

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2016

Michael was a blast to work with, from start to finish. As soon as we met him, my husband and I knew we needed to look no further! He really listened to us, and I could tell he had a good understanding of exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Michael did the music for the whole shebang: ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception! He played everything we wanted and did a great job of mixing in fun songs of his choosing. Michael has this very calming presence, and I just knew he had a good handle on things. The day of our wedding, it poured rain and they had to move everything inside. Michael was totally prepared for this less than ideal situation. Our guests danced all night! Other pluses: The added uplighting he did was a great touch; he gave us a CD of our songs; he even sent a short video he shot on his phone of some of the dancing. You cannot go wrong with Michael so definitely book him if you have the opportunity!

Melissa · Married on 08/19/2016

Michael was the DJ at our wedding last weekend in Haverhill, MA and my husband and I could not have been more pleased. We were VERY picky about our playlist and asked Michael to play ~100 handpicked songs, mixing in others he recommended that were similar. Michael took the time to find and download every single one, yes...every. single. one. He totally blew us away with his dedication. He also made it a point to meet with us beforehand to go over how we wanted things to flow throughout the evening and to make sure he got all of the name pronunciations correct. What's more is that he showed up early, charged an extremely fair rate for his services AND (cherry on top!) he gave us CDs post-wedding of all of the songs he played. He's literally such a rockstar and I'm so glad we found him. If we ever have another event where we need a DJ, he'd be the first one I call. You will not be disappointed - he's the best of the best. Thank for making our day amazing, Michael!!!

Sent on 08/30/2016

DJ Michael's reply:

Thanks so much for this amazing review, Melissa! I was nervous and plenty of preparation and arriving early helps cure that. Congrats! I really liked that vineyard.

Morgan · Married on 08/13/2016

My wife and I used Michael for our wedding in August. He was great and everyone had a fantastic time. We wanted everyone out on the dance floor for as much of the night as possible and he made sure the dance floor was packed all night. He used the music we wanted and made sure the night flowed well. Michael was quick to respond to emails and the night went as well as it could have. We couldn't have asked for anything more, thanks again Michael!!!

Tim · Married on 07/02/2016

Mike did the music for our ceremony and reception was incredible. He was able to take the songs we requested and create a playlist that was really amazing. The dance floor was packed the entire time! He also had no problem switching it up mid-dance party when we asked for songs that weren't on our original list.