71 Reviews for DJ Michael

Sound/PA System (3)
Liability Insurance (2)
Uplighting (2)
71 DJ Michael Reviews

We loved DJ Michael! He took our very diverse musical interests and made a perfect mix! He was so easy and responsive to work with! I would highly recommend Michael to any bride out there that wants a classy DJ that doesn't try to take over the show! He will bring whatever vibe you want and all of my guests left tired from dancing, which was my goal!

Profile Picture Kristie, 3/30/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Michael was a joy to work with. I knew within five minutes of meeting him before signing a contract that he would be great. My husband and I had very particular music taste and Michael went out of his way to not only download the correct versions (of classical songs), but to also edit some songs to fade in and out at the precise moment. For example, as we walked down the aisle, we needed our songs to transition at one exact beat and he did it perfectly. Not only was Michael helpful before the wedding, but he was very responsive during the wedding. Like most weddings, the schedule ended up running a bit behind, and Michael worked closely with us throughout the day to make sure we were in the room for important parts of the reception and working with us to remove parts at the last second because of time (bouquet toss). I know this can be difficult because, as bride and groom, we were constantly being pulled all over the place for photos and to talk to people.

The one thing we really wanted in a DJ was someone who could play sweet tunes but who wouldn't do any awkward advertising in the middle of the wedding. Michael did just that -- played great music that we requested and was very behind the scenes, emceeing when necessary. Finally, he quietly put copies of CDs with our wedding music into our stuff before leaving, which was a sweet touch. We now will have these lovely tunes to hear for the rest of our lives. Go with Michael! You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Dani, 2/11/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael was absolutely amazing!!!! I cannot tell you how thrilled my husband and I are for choosing him. He was beyond helpful- thorough, extremely responsive and very prepared. We had a very specific vision of what we wanted, and it was executed in the exact way we had dreamed. He helped us fashion our unique music for when people were seating, played our "peace of mind" exit ceremonial music, classy cocktail hour music and then pumped up dance party music. We requested music that would get the party started. People stopped dinner early and the dance party never died down. Everyone raved about our wedding, which I think is due in large part to an excellent, knowledgeable DJ. Thank you so much, Michael!!!

Profile Picture Courtney, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If I could give Michael 10 stars I would. He was AMAZING. He was recommended to us by good friends of ours who used his DJ services at their wedding. Their wedding was an absolute blast, and we knew we wanted Michael to bring that same vibe to our wedding. From the beginning, he was responsive and easy to work with. We booked him quite far in advance as the DJ was important to me. He made this process seamless. We were planning our Boston, MA wedding from Washington, DC however with phone calls and emails I felt like everything I needed to know was communicated. As we got closer to the wedding, he had a great planning document to help square away all the necessary details for the big day including must plays and do-not plays. I was rather particular about the songs I wanted to be played during my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He went far beyond my expectations, and provided us with the exact music we were looking for. He reviewed the timeline with me days before the wedding, and kept the night moving perfectly. I did not stop dancing for one minute at my own wedding.. it was the best. He had EVERYONE dancing the whole night. If you are looking for a reliable, reasonably priced DJ who will keep your party going all night... Michael is your guy! I will continue to recommend him to all my future friends and family planning their weddings.

Profile Picture Jillian, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. Michael was responsive and easy to work with. He gave us an easy to follow worksheet that helped us get on the same page ahead of time and played the perfect mix of music for our eclectic crowd. He got there early - tailored music to our tastes while keeping everyone on the dance floor all night long. I'm so happy we ended up working with Michael!

Profile Picture Shirley , 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

If I could give 10 stars I would. Michael absolutely killed it at our wedding. Living in CA at the time of our wedding it was difficult selecting DJs. We ended up going with Michael cause he was laid back and gave us a sense that he could play a mix of old and new music without being cheesy or too "in your face." We couldn't have been happier with our choice.

Michael made the process simple throughout. We never even met him beforehand in person, just had a conversation and filled out some paperwork. He was there before the ceremony (even though we only needed him for the reception), and required zero attention from me. He had everything ready to go when it was his time and he certainly brought his A game. He didn't play any corny stuff (though said he would if we wanted). He had a perfect mix of music to get everyone up and dancing, and the floor was packed the entire night. I could barely get to the bar cause I couldn't pull myself away! I've been to a lot of weddings and this was the best dance party I've ever had. And that's not just a grooms bias - many of my friends said likewise.

If that all wasn't enough, Michael was very gracious and accommodating, and let us know how well he got along with our other vendors. Michael was an absolutely incredible find and made our wedding day more than we could have imagined. If you're planning a wedding remotely - or locally - you will not be disappointed by Michael. Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Steve, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I don't have enough good things to say about Michael. Leading up to the wedding he was beyond accommodating and responsive on all lines of communication. We had multiple face-to-face meetings over the course of the year leading up the wedding and every time Michael brought fresh ideas to the table. He even went out of his way to purchase some of the more obscure songs we requested!

On the day of the wedding Michael was fantastic! He arrived at the venue multiple hours before the ceremony started and set up 3(!) different tables for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He provided his own microphones and let our videographer tap into his sound board for the ceremony audio.

Michael shined especially bright during the reception. Everyone was up on the dance floor the entire night as he mixed in all different genres and decades of music. We've had many guests reach out to us to let us know what a fantastic job our DJ did. He really made our wedding an outstanding party!

Profile Picture Daniel, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Thank you so much!! The day was a blur but the energy and excitement in the dance floor is vivid! You were incredible and everyone had so much fun. Best DJ ever

We will be forever grateful for making our special day even more special.

Best,
Ciaran

Profile Picture Ciaran , 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael was great to work with throughout the entire process. He was responsive, helpful, and made us feel calm when we were on the verge of wedding planning panic. Most importantly, he did an awesome job and we had an amazing night! He took our recommendations and build a great night around it. The dance floor never stopped!

When we wanted to add a photo booth and uplighting three weeks before the wedding, Michael made it happen stress-free and for a great price. Not enough positive things we can say.

Before you book your DJ, meet with Michael.

Profile Picture Francis, 8/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

When choosing a DJ for our wedding, my wife and I searched through multiple websites and reviews. We sent inquiries to a few different DJs and companies. Michael was quick to respond and had a much more personal touch when compared to other agencies we contacted. He was thorough with all of the planning and made the process easy. Anytime we had questions, he was available.
The music at our wedding was very important to us and Michael did an amazing job. He had us fill out a planning sheet to make sure the day went smoothly and we were not disappointed. He did his job flawlessly, limited any off script talking at the reception and kept the evening moving along on schedule. He checked in with us frequently enough, but did not make the day about him, as some DJs tend to do. The music selection was perfect! He integrated all of our must plays and did a great job of reading the room to keep the dance floor full all night.
We felt very comfortable with Michael and his prices were reasonable. He also did an excellent job setting up the audio for our ceremony. If you are looking for a professional, fun and relaxed DJ to keep your wedding running smoothly, look no further. We would not hesitate to hire Michale again.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Zach, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We booked Michael to be our wedding DJ this past June and we were incredibly happy with our decision. He was professional and responded very quickly to emails. He listened closely to our requests and thoughtfully shared his prior wedding experiences to help with our decision making. He has a wide selection of music and will even buy additional files to accommodate you (we requested songs from our favorite video games during our prelude). Most importantly, our crowd was dancing all night and we had so much fun at our wedding thanks to him. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a modern DJ in the Boston area--you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Working with Michael was a fantastic experience from start to finish. He was knowledgeable, professional and so talented. We gave him a limited amount of direction and just a few requested songs, as he assured us he could please our dance-loving guest-list. I am so happy we trusted him! He kept the dance floor packed the entire night with an amazing play list! Our guests are still talking about how awesome the music was; my aunt said every time she tried to sit he would play another great song that she couldn't miss! In fact, one of my guests already booked him for next summer! It was so wonderful to not worry about the flow of the party and the music throughout the night, Michael took care of it all and with such success. If I could give 6 stars, I would.

Profile Picture Claire, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael did an exceptional work at our wedding. He was very professional, easy to work with and very accommodating. He was very well prepared and he managed to successfully blend different cultures together and have everyone on the dance floor. We really appreciated his positive attitude and all his great recommendations that made the night flawless. If you are looking for high quality and professionalism, look no further. Thank you very much Michael for all your great work! Matt & Eva

Profile Picture User7463299, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband, Kevin, and I hired Michael to DJ our wedding on November 11, 2016, Veteran's Day! We gave him a moderate amount of guidance in terms of requests and asked him to use his judgement with the rest. Michael was very professional, adjusted his music to a crowd of varying ages, and was great at determining what songs were a fit for our intimate group. He was also very responsive to any of our questions throughout the process and inquired with us during the reception as to what our needs and the needs of our guests were. We were so pleased with how the feeling of the music kept everyone dancing the entire night!! He made sure to put the focus on Kevin and I, and he was tactful and engaging with his announcements. We could not have asked for a more perfect night! Thanks to you Michael! Thea and Kevin Canty

Profile Picture Thea, 11/11/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael was a blast to work with, from start to finish. As soon as we met him, my husband and I knew we needed to look no further! He really listened to us, and I could tell he had a good understanding of exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Michael did the music for the whole shebang: ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception! He played everything we wanted and did a great job of mixing in fun songs of his choosing. Michael has this very calming presence, and I just knew he had a good handle on things. The day of our wedding, it poured rain and they had to move everything inside. Michael was totally prepared for this less than ideal situation. Our guests danced all night! Other pluses: The added uplighting he did was a great touch; he gave us a CD of our songs; he even sent a short video he shot on his phone of some of the dancing. You cannot go wrong with Michael so definitely book him if you have the opportunity!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/9/16, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael was the DJ at our wedding last weekend in Haverhill, MA and my husband and I could not have been more pleased. We were VERY picky about our playlist and asked Michael to play ~100 handpicked songs, mixing in others he recommended that were similar. Michael took the time to find and download every single one, yes...every. single. one. He totally blew us away with his dedication. He also made it a point to meet with us beforehand to go over how we wanted things to flow throughout the evening and to make sure he got all of the name pronunciations correct. What's more is that he showed up early, charged an extremely fair rate for his services AND (cherry on top!) he gave us CDs post-wedding of all of the songs he played. He's literally such a rockstar and I'm so glad we found him. If we ever have another event where we need a DJ, he'd be the first one I call. You will not be disappointed - he's the best of the best. Thank for making our day amazing, Michael!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Melissa, 8/19/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

My wife and I used Michael for our wedding in August. He was great and everyone had a fantastic time. We wanted everyone out on the dance floor for as much of the night as possible and he made sure the dance floor was packed all night. He used the music we wanted and made sure the night flowed well. Michael was quick to respond to emails and the night went as well as it could have. We couldn't have asked for anything more, thanks again Michael!!!

Profile Picture Morgan, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike did the music for our ceremony and reception was incredible. He was able to take the songs we requested and create a playlist that was really amazing. The dance floor was packed the entire time! He also had no problem switching it up mid-dance party when we asked for songs that weren't on our original list.

Profile Picture Tim, 7/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Michael O'Neill is top-notch!

My wife and I are particular about the music that we listen to - we're not really top-40 hits kind of people. We wanted our wedding playlist to move with the theme of the night: songs from Paul Simon, Arcade Fire, and Prince during cocktails and dinner; and Motown classics, Mackelmore and 90s hip-hop to keep the dance party going through the night.

Mike was a real professional throughout all of the planning of our reception - and most importantly, very punctual - never once did I wait more than an hour for a response from an email.

Mike was incredibly easy to work with in regard to playlist planning - he's not just a guy with some high-end audio equipment, hes a music lover, and knows what songs work and what songs don't. If you want people dancing at your ceremony, or if you're worried about getting the grandmas and grandpas out on the dance floor, Mike knows how to do it!

Unfortunately, I don't plan on getting married again, but if I was, I'd book Mike again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Michael, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I was pretty laid back about every part of my wedding except the music. Michael had by far the hardest job of anyone at the wedding and he executed it flawlessly. I had a very specific cocktail hour list, in addition to very specific introductions & music for the introductions, which required some specific editing and transitions. He did it all, never once was put out or complained about it, and gave me the absolute perfect soundtrack to our wedding. The guests raved about his music selections and people were crowded on the dance floor until the very last song. All of our guests said they can't remember the last time they danced so much. He kept the night running smoothly and coordinated with the caterer to make sure things moved apace (I didn't have a wedding coordinator, so it was DJ Michael & the caterer who did it all!) In the weeks leading up to the wedding, non-wedding life stuff got very stressful and just the tone of his emails totally changed my mindset and got me excited for my own wedding. You won't find a better DJ or a better price. So, hire him, then tip him, because he'll give you a better night than you could have imagined.

Profile Picture Allison, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones

We loved Michael! From the initial meeting to the last song, Michael went above and beyond to make sure we had exactly what we wanted for music during the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Our ceremony and reception was at the Portsmouth Country Club and he was able to provide ceremony music outside, cocktail hour music in the lower level patio, and reception music upstairs in the ballroom.

He is an excellent MC- Michael helped the whole wedding party (including a frazzled bride and groom at times!) throughout the day with professionalism.

His ability to get a crowd dancing and maintain a fun energy is why I would recommend him to any bride and groom. Many of our guests complimented the DJ and his choice of music throughout the night. The last few songs he had everyone on the dance floor! He will give you complete autonomy of your playlist if you so chose; however we chose to let Michael take the reigns on the music and he did not disappoint!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael was recently our DJ at our wedding at the Barn at Gibbett Hill in Groton,MA. We could not have been happier with our decision to have him DJ our wedding! He was professional, classy and a pleasure to work with. He kept the guests dancing all night, and my husband and I never left the dance floor. He played all of our requests, and it's clear he knows what he's doing. We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a phenomenal DJ for their wedding!

Profile Picture User6449985, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Michael O'Neil was fantastic! My husband and I are very particular when it comes to our music, Michael listened to us and curated all the music to our tastes while keeping people on the dance floor the entire time. He was very professional and super easy to work with. I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/21/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael was SUCH AN AMAZING DJ.

Michael came recommended to me by a friend who had attended her friend’s wedding, and both my husband and I could not have been happier with our choice. Michael was an extraordinary DJ and he kept the party going all night – I don’t think the dance floor emptied once! He was extremely professional and didn’t do any gimmicky stuff to draw attention to himself (long winded introductions, cheesy games/songs, etc) – he made sure the night was about both my husband and I. He met with us beforehand to go over song requests for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and was sure to get our somewhat unique song requests for the night. Beyond the few songs we requested (and the few we were dead set against) we just let Michael do his thing and pick the music himself and we could not have been more pleased - he knew exactly what song to play next and how to keep the energy up. My biggest fear for my wedding was having an empty dance floor…his advice to me was “the crowd goes where the bride goes – if you’re on the dance floor, they will be too” and he could not have been more right – I don’t think I’ve ever had so much fun dancing in my entire life. Seriously.

Michael also provided our uplighting and acted as our wedding coordinator and did a fantastic job at these two tasks as well.

Our wedding could not have been more perfect, and we owe a lot of that to Michael – we could not recommend him enough!

Profile Picture shelby, 10/9/15, 1 Review