40 Reviews for DJ Mark Skorusa (Polish American DJ)

User Photos
todo alt text
Bilingual MC (1)
MC (1)
30 DJ Mark Skorusa (Polish American DJ) Reviews

Our wedding was on 08/18/18. DJ Mark was extremely accommodating to our needs, we had a split guest list of Polish vs. English speakers attending, and he balanced the music well and kept people on the dance floor. Our biggest request was to keep everyone engaged and he more than excelled at doing just that! Also we did the photo booth that was offered as a package with the DJ services. Highly recommended. Everyone loved and was having a great time taking fun pictures throughout the night!

Photo for DJ Mark Skorusa (Polish American DJ) Review
Profile Picture Michael, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mark definitely rocked the dance floor all night long. Our guests were talking about the music all night long. We booked him for a Polish post wedding after party (poprawiny) and he exceeded our expectations. He was really easy and fun to work with. Great vibes and music. Look no where else if you need a DJ, because Skorusa is the real deal!

Justyna & Peter
08-12-18

Profile Picture Peter, 8/11/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bilingual MC, MC

THANK YOU MARK!!!! Our dance floor was packed alll night - we had a polish-american wedding and I was nervous about pleasing both sides of the family! Mark was such a pleasure to work with - he is so on it, knows how to read a crowd, is SO KIND, sent reminders, so quick to respond on any questions, he provided a very organized information sheet for announcements and flow of the night. Everything was covered prior to the night of and I felt in good hands. He played a good mix of polish and american songs, song requests, he didnt sound like a soccer announcer, he looked like he was having a great time and had every song I wanted for cake cutting, garter, bouquet, intros, etc. I am forever grateful Mark! Can't tell you how many people texted us the next day about how much fun they had and how bad their feet hurt for nonstop dancing!! Music to my ears!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Angelika, 12/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mark was absolutely wonderful! He had everyone on the dance floor! My wedding was predominantly polish people and when he played polish music all of the American people were STILL dancing! No complaints here! We also had a complicated intro to the reception but he made it work perfectly! I can't say enough good words!

Profile Picture Isabelle, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

After hearing Mark DJ for a family wedding last year, we immediately knew we would want to book him for our big day. From a cost perspective, Mark's services are reasonably priced and he is flexible- we wanted to book 8 hours of DJ time (starting at 6pm and ending at 2am) and this was no problem at all. More importantly, though, Mark is charismatic, personable, and is skilled at working a crowd. He made sure that everyone could hear him speaking before making announcements or passing off the mic for toasts. He is also fluent in English and Polish, which was important for us, as our wedding was bilingual - it was valuable that he could communicate with all of our guests. Lastly, it almost goes without saying that the music selection was beyond perfect throughout the entire evening. Mark played a diverse spread of music, from alternative/pop/soft rock during cocktail hour, then country during dinner, and disco polo/pop throughout the evening hours. The dance floor was busy all night, and many of our guests raved that they have never been to a wedding with music as good as ours - we, of course, agreed! We have already recommended Mark to some close family and friends for their upcoming weddings, and will certainly consider him for our own future, non-wedding events, like christenings, as well. Thank you, Mark, for helping make our dream wedding a reality!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mark did a spectacular job. All of our guests were raving about the music and had an amazing time. We've never been to a wedding where so many people were out on the dance floor so consistently throughout the entire night. Music was probably most important thing for my husband and I - and Mark nailed it.

Profile Picture Karoline, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mark was amazing. He was very easy to work with and plan. He made sure your day was your day. He knows how to work a crowd. If you want people to talk about how awesome your reception was hire this man.

Profile Picture Dominik, 4/23/17, 1 Review
4.7

We hired Mark Skorusa as our wedding DJ and we can't say enough good things about him! We wanted a Polish American DJ since we had a mix of guests and Mark did a fabulous job playing for both groups. Our dance floor was packed the whole night which made for a great time. The best part was he played until we closed down the venue at 2am which our friends couldn't believe! One thing we really appreciated too was how professional and attentive Mark was to all the details and how he came to check in with us on things to always making sure we were involved. He pronounced everyone's names perfectly which was really important to us and had a great professional and lively announcing style that did not sound like a soccer announcer which was something I definitely wanted to avoid. Also, night of our wedding the Cubs were playing a key championship game and since I and several guests were huge Cubs fans he gave us updates on the score and announced their win which is a memory we won't soon forget! Thanks so much Mark for the amazing job you did and for making our wedding so special. We highly recommend Mark to anyone who's looking for a professional DJ who will keep your guests dancing and having a good time! Believe me we did our DJ research and Mark was perfect!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We needed a Polish/American DJ because our guests we 75% Polish. DJ Mark was wonderdul he made sure there were always ppl dancing. Or friends love country music so he incorporated this music in as well as Hispanic music for my side. Everyone has a BLAST!!!!!

Profile Picture Claudia, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Mark Skorusa was great. We were happy with his service. Very professional, organized and detailed. He followed up prior to the wedding for all the details just so that everything goes smoothly. Our songs were played at the reception. We would highly recommend him to our family and friends. Thanks again!

Profile Picture Tom, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Great experience with DJ Mark Skorusa. Worth every penny. Kept our guests dancing all night long!

Profile Picture KC, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dj Mark Skorusa was an amazing DJ. Quick to respond to emails, texts, and phone calls. He took all of our little ideas and put them together for an awesome night. I am Polish and my husband is Mexican, so we had quite the variety of music. Mark did an amazing job combining all types of music, we received so many complements! I already recommended him to a friend that is getting married.

Profile Picture Monica, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mark was professional in his manner, very concerned with meeting our needs for the reception party.
He called days before the event and carefully reviewed our requests for music & more importantly, asked us about what we wanted & what we didn't want. Mark was funny & very entertaining at our event!

Profile Picture Stacie, 6/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had a blast, and all our guests raved about the music. Mark helped create a great atmosphere and made sure everyone was having a good time!!

Profile Picture Martha, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We didn't really know what type of music we should have at our wedding because our group was a Polish/American mix, with various generations. We obviously wanted to have a good time at our own wedding, but we also wanted to ensure that our family and friends had an even better time. DJ Mark Skorusa rocked our wedding reception! Everyone had a blast. Mark did an awesome job at keeping the dance floor full by picking up on what type of music the crowd wanted to dance to, and went with it. Everyone loved it. We were getting compliments all night. Mark was very professional throughout the whole thing. He even did Polish/English introductions and announcements throughout the night. We were very happy and plan on reaching out for future services.

Profile Picture Magdalena, 6/7/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mark did a phenomenal job at our wedding! We wanted a variety of music to please older and younger guests and Mark was spot on. During planning, I was a little unsure of what song should be played during our cake cutting, so I asked Mark to pick one himself and surprise me. He chose a perfect song! We are more than pleased with our choice of DJ for our wedding. Our guests had a fantastic time and Mark kept them on the floor the entire night! I highly recommend Mark to anyone looking for a professional, experienced, and fun DJ.

Profile Picture User4188095, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mark did an amazing job for our wedding; we loved the extra perk of him also coming with a Photo Booth!! We love the memories of the book, it was a huge hit and an even bigger hit was DJ Mark! Bride 100% Polish, Groom is Mexican with part Columbian, and of course all our American friends/family… Mark did an amazing job keeping the music flow to keep everyone happy and dancing the whole night from 6:30-2AM! He didn’t miss a beat and everyone was sore the next day from dancing. We gained so many compliments on the music and the photo booth. I can't wait to have another big party (baptism's in the future) just get dancing again!

Profile Picture Basia, 10/12/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Photography

DJ Mark did a great job at my wedding. He was willing to work with me and my lack of musical sense. He helped make a smoothe transition between the different events at the reception. My mom was also pleaseantly surprirsed on how well he spoke Polish. She truely enjoyed his ability to translate the introductions and make everyone at our wedding know what was happening. There were people dancing the whole night on the dance floor and I do think it had to do with Mark's choices of music. We had a great time and would definitly recommend DJ Mark!

Profile Picture Christine, 10/5/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Everyone had a great time dancing, thanks Mark!

Profile Picture Martha, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dj mark was very interactive with the party he had good energy and worked with us very well. He played anything we asked him. He even figured out how to pronounce everyone's first and last names!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/3/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mark did an awesome job. We had nothing but compliments from everyone. We have used Mark in the past and will be using him again in the future...thanks for making our daughters wedding one to remember.

Profile Picture Christine, 11/3/12, 1 Review
4.7

I have never been to a wedding where nearly every single guest stayed all the way until the end AND was on the dance floor almost the entire night! Mark did an amazing job of playing songs that appealed to all of our guests and everyone had a great time! We have had compliment after compliment about how much fun our reception was. Thanks, Mark!

Profile Picture Stefani, 10/27/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Had a great time with great music. My whole wedding loved the photobooth!!! Definately recommend Mark as a Dj to anyone!!! Thanks again!!

Profile Picture Lyndsey, 10/26/12, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Mark, thank you for making our wedding day one that nobody will ever forget. You are so full of life !!! Our guests had nothing but great things to say about you. We will definitely recommend your services to others. Thank you for getting everyone off their seats. We had so much fun and we thank you kindly for a job beyond well done.
Aggie & Marcus

Profile Picture aggie, 9/15/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

AWESOME!!! I will recommend DJ Mark to any person getting married. He is a must have if you want to have a fun wedding. We had over a hundred people at the wedding and every single one of them danced. He mixed slow and fast music, Polish and American.
We booked DJ Mark early, but then completely forgot to fill out the questionnaire about what we wanted. We finally got it to him two days before the wedding. We picked out a few songs, like our first dance, entrance song, etc., and left everything else up to his choice as long as he got everyone to dance and have a good time.
We had Frank Sinatra playing during dinner, and then a fantastic mix of music throughout the entire wedding reception.
By the end, which went until 2 am, we had people, both Polish and American, telling us that this was easily the best and most fun wedding they had ever been to!
DJ Mark is super professional, easy to work with, and definitely a must for your wedding. I can't stress how much I would recommend him.

Profile Picture Greg, 8/18/12, 1 Review