DJ Mark Skorusa (Polish American DJ) Reviews

49 | Oak Lawn, IL

49 Reviews for DJ Mark Skorusa (Polish American DJ)

DJ Mark Skorusa (Polish American DJ) 1
DJ Mark Skorusa (Polish American DJ) 7
  • Marta

Marta · Married on 07/13/2019

Best night ever!

We had an absolute BLAST with Dj Mark Skorusa at our wedding this past weekend! He played to the crowd and kept the dance floor full the entire night--until 2am! He was so flexible with some of our last minute decisions, such as adding in another speech and choosing not to do a garter toss, and we really appreciated how easy going he was throughout the night. He was great at taking song requests from the crowd and keeping everyone happy and dancing. We will definitely booking DJ Mark Skorusa for future life events! Thank you for making our night awesome!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Karolina

Karolina · Married on 06/01/2019

Entertaining and Collaborative

Dj Mark Skorusa is fabulous. Our wedding was 6.1.2019 and i could not have asked for a better marriage of music for the Polish and Italian American folk. People were on the dance floor all night that we asked for an additional hour of service! DJ Mark is collaborative and fun, and his ability to speak in both Polish and English is a massive plus. You will not be disappointed by him.

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Mike

Mike Potesta · Married on 10/27/2018

DJ Mark Skorusa is the best in the biz. Bardzo Dobrze!

DJ Mark Skorusa is the best in the biz.
    Whether your crowd is English-speaking, Polish-speaking, neither or both, you are guaranteed to be in good hands.

Mark has excellent musical taste and a plethora of offerings. His equipment is high quality, and our event was free of any malfunction... photo booth was a major hit, and we highly recommend you invest in the uplighting system - totally worth the money!

Marks personality is great, almost felt like a cousin was up there running the show. Everything was totally professional and Mark makes it very easy to do business.

We recommend Mark and will use him again in the future!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    DJ Mark Skorusa (Polish American DJ) 12
    DJ Mark Skorusa (Polish American DJ) 13
    DJ Mark Skorusa (Polish American DJ) 14

Barbara Krygowska · Married on 10/06/2018

5 Stars for DJ Mark Skorusa!

Choosing DJ Mark Skorusa for my wedding was an excellent decision! One of my biggest worries about having a Polish-American wedding was catering to the needs and preferences of both sides, and Mark was an integral part of putting my mind at ease and making sure that everyone had a great time.

Prior to the wedding, we had a call to go over all the details and Mark made sure that we were both on the same page for everything. He helped make some recommendations and gave us helpful tips and advice - a sign of his experience and expertise. We had a band playing as well and he was flexible and collaborative with them.

As the night went on, a few things didn't go according to plan - but Mark had a handle on it and worked with the flow of events without needing to be prompted on what to do. I may have forgotten about the bouquet toss, but Mark definitely did not.

If you're looking for a professional, flexible, reliable and personable DJ for your wedding (or any event for that matter), Mark is your guy!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Stephen · Married on 10/05/2018

Mark was a dream to work with as DJ and photo booth. Extremely flexible with all our last min changes. I could not find a time throughout the wedding night that the dance floor was not packed. Listen to all the requests and nailed everyone's names when walking in. Very flexible with all my wife's family traditions. I would reccomend mark to anyone who needs the best DJ ever.

Sent on 10/11/2018

DJ Mark Skorusa (Polish American DJ)'s reply:

Thank You!!
  • Chris

Chris Dobrowolski · Married on 09/15/2018

Polish/Serbian Wedding

DJ Mark is hands down the best professional DJ I have ever encountered! Played all the songs we wanted, kept the dance floor full, and played songs equally from both sides of the wedding, Polish and Serb. Then the 90’s and hip hop came out. I can’t even put into words how awesome the music came out! Professional, on top of things, and you’ll never have to worry about anything when you’re in Mark’s hands! Will be using Mark’s services for future parties for sure!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Sean O'malley · Married on 08/25/2018

Excellent Polish/American DJ!

My wife was born in Poland, and understandably has very strong ties to the Polish community surrounding Chicago so it was always important for us to find an entertainment option for our wedding that would satisfy our diverse needs. We had originally hoped to hire a band capable of playing traditional Polish and American songs, but struggled to find a group that we felt confident could transition well between the two. Ultimately we realized that our best option would be to hire a DJ, and we interviewed several recommended local DJs before hiring Mark. I was impressed with his attention to detail, his willingness to offer insights and advice, and unlike a few of the others we spoke to, he was able to transition from from speaking Polish and English fluently and effortlessly. At the wedding Mark was able to keep the dance floor busy at all times, kept an excellent balance of Polish and American music, and satisfied all of our many special requests - including playing a modified version of a popular polish song so that I could play along with my saxophone (a surprise for our guests). At the end of it all, we received numerous positive reviews of his performance from our guests and we were very pleased.

Sent on 10/15/2018

sylwia · Married on 08/24/2018

Mark was absolutely amazing!!!! If I could give him more stars I would! I am Polish and my now husband is American so our wedding was about 50/50. My parents don't speak perfect English so it was very important for me to have a DJ that speaks both! First of all I have to say! He made the venue look beautiful with the up lighting! He has such a great personality and was very interactive with our guest which we loved! He pronounced everything perfectly which was huge for me and didn't have an accent at all! He played great music that kept people dancing the entire night!!! He exceeded our expectations! We will be using him for any future events! Thank you so so much Mark!

Sent on 09/19/2018
    DJ Mark Skorusa (Polish American DJ) 15

DJ Mark Skorusa (Polish American DJ)'s reply:

Thank You Sylwia!!

Michael · Married on 08/18/2018

Our wedding was on 08/18/18. DJ Mark was extremely accommodating to our needs, we had a split guest list of Polish vs. English speakers attending, and he balanced the music well and kept people on the dance floor. Our biggest request was to keep everyone engaged and he more than excelled at doing just that! Also we did the photo booth that was offered as a package with the DJ services. Highly recommended. Everyone loved and was having a great time taking fun pictures throughout the night!

Sent on 09/03/2018
    DJ Mark Skorusa (Polish American DJ) 16
  • Peter

Peter · Married on 08/11/2018

Mark definitely rocked the dance floor all night long. Our guests were talking about the music all night long. We booked him for a Polish post wedding after party (poprawiny) and he exceeded our expectations. He was really easy and fun to work with. Great vibes and music. Look no where else if you need a DJ, because Skorusa is the real deal!

Justyna & Peter
    08-12-18

Sent on 08/13/2018

Monika · event on 05/06/2018

DJ Mark is the best! He went above and beyond our expectations!
    We had a blast and really knows how to get people involved! Everyone had a great time!
    All my family and friends kept saying how great he was and how much fun they had! I will continue to use DJ Mark for any special occasions! If you choose DJ Mark you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Eric Basiorka · Married on 04/21/2018

Our Wedding DJ

DJ Mark was an absolute dream to work with. He was very responsive and helpful. He took the time to explain everything and asked very good questions to make sure he provided the best service possible. Our guest were dancing until the very end!

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Angelika

Angelika · Married on 12/02/2017

THANK YOU MARK!!!! Our dance floor was packed alll night - we had a polish-american wedding and I was nervous about pleasing both sides of the family! Mark was such a pleasure to work with - he is so on it, knows how to read a crowd, is SO KIND, sent reminders, so quick to respond on any questions, he provided a very organized information sheet for announcements and flow of the night. Everything was covered prior to the night of and I felt in good hands. He played a good mix of polish and american songs, song requests, he didnt sound like a soccer announcer, he looked like he was having a great time and had every song I wanted for cake cutting, garter, bouquet, intros, etc. I am forever grateful Mark! Can't tell you how many people texted us the next day about how much fun they had and how bad their feet hurt for nonstop dancing!! Music to my ears!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 12/11/2017
  • I

Isabelle · Married on 10/07/2017

Mark was absolutely wonderful! He had everyone on the dance floor! My wedding was predominantly polish people and when he played polish music all of the American people were STILL dancing! No complaints here! We also had a complicated intro to the reception but he made it work perfectly! I can't say enough good words!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/19/2017

After hearing Mark DJ for a family wedding last year, we immediately knew we would want to book him for our big day. From a cost perspective, Mark's services are reasonably priced and he is flexible- we wanted to book 8 hours of DJ time (starting at 6pm and ending at 2am) and this was no problem at all. More importantly, though, Mark is charismatic, personable, and is skilled at working a crowd. He made sure that everyone could hear him speaking before making announcements or passing off the mic for toasts. He is also fluent in English and Polish, which was important for us, as our wedding was bilingual - it was valuable that he could communicate with all of our guests. Lastly, it almost goes without saying that the music selection was beyond perfect throughout the entire evening. Mark played a diverse spread of music, from alternative/pop/soft rock during cocktail hour, then country during dinner, and disco polo/pop throughout the evening hours. The dance floor was busy all night, and many of our guests raved that they have never been to a wedding with music as good as ours - we, of course, agreed! We have already recommended Mark to some close family and friends for their upcoming weddings, and will certainly consider him for our own future, non-wedding events, like christenings, as well. Thank you, Mark, for helping make our dream wedding a reality!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Karoline · Married on 05/20/2017

Mark did a spectacular job. All of our guests were raving about the music and had an amazing time. We've never been to a wedding where so many people were out on the dance floor so consistently throughout the entire night. Music was probably most important thing for my husband and I - and Mark nailed it.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Marcia · event on 05/07/2017

Thank you so much for making our son's Communion reception so entertaining! All our guests had a wonderful time!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Dominik · Married on 04/23/2017

Mark was amazing. He was very easy to work with and plan. He made sure your day was your day. He knows how to work a crowd. If you want people to talk about how awesome your reception was hire this man.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Claudia · Married on 10/01/2016

We needed a Polish/American DJ because our guests we 75% Polish. DJ Mark was wonderdul he made sure there were always ppl dancing. Or friends love country music so he incorporated this music in as well as Hispanic music for my side. Everyone has a BLAST!!!!!

Sent on 11/25/2016

Tom · Married on 08/06/2016

DJ Mark Skorusa was great. We were happy with his service. Very professional, organized and detailed. He followed up prior to the wedding for all the details just so that everything goes smoothly. Our songs were played at the reception. We would highly recommend him to our family and friends. Thanks again!

Sent on 08/10/2016

KC · Married on 06/11/2016

Great experience with DJ Mark Skorusa. Worth every penny. Kept our guests dancing all night long!

Sent on 10/26/2016
  • User6010784 · event on 11/28/2015

Very nice and professional. Kept the party going, and had a large variety of music. Definitely recommend using DJ Mark! I definitely will be contacting him for my next event!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Angie · event on 10/11/2015

DJ Mark Skorusa was a fantastic DJ. He was great at playing music that made my guests happy and he was very fun too! I felt so happy that after my sons christening i had alot of people raving about the DJ. I will definitely be calling Mark for all my future parties! Thanks Mark for being so awesome!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Gerry · event on 02/28/2015

Mark just would like to thank you again for the great job you did last night for my mom's 90th birthday party.my mom and family said it was like a wedding the music was great i do't think my mom will forget this one.

Sent on 03/02/2015

Malgorzata · event on 10/19/2014

Mark was very professional and easy going. Went along with our plan for the party. Made clear announcements, when necessary and managed to keep the youngsters occupied with different games.
    Probably should mention that 'older' generation had tons of fun dancing to his differentiated music:-). Would recommend for sure@!

Sent on 10/21/2014