DJ Lee Waddell Musical Host Services Reviews

90 | Clifton Park, NY

90 Reviews for DJ Lee Waddell Musical Host Services

Lee handled our wedding with an extremely professional, yet personable touch. We met with him, always at our convenience, and felt very comfortable with him. He let us express and convey what we wanted our music, and he took the rest using his many years of experience to really bring that vision to life. Definitely a DJ that knows how to work the crowd at the event! He had all the music we wanted and went out of his way to find something he didn't have. He was always extremely responsive to both emails and phone calls. Can't say enough about him. We've been to several weddings this past year, and many of the DJs didn't really have the personality to work the crowd like Lee did. Also, the price was EXTREMELY competitive, which you'll find yourself when comparing him to other local area DJs.
    Awesome experience in every way, highly recommended!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Lee was great to work with and made our wedding day so memorable! He listened to us and really understood the type of reception we wanted. The music was terrific and set just the right tone for dinner and then more upbeat dancing afterward. We also had Lee do additional uplighting in the room, which was gorgeous. The day flowed seamlessly and he was an excellent, professional emcee for intros, our first dance, toasts, parent dances, cake cutting, etc. I especially appreciated that he saved the special songs we had requested for when the reception had quieted down a bit and we were actually able to dance with each other! It was a wonderful time from beginning to end; many of my best memories looking back on the reception involve the music in some way -- my only regret is that the day flies by far too quickly! Thank you for making our wedding day so special, Lee!

Sent on 10/20/2013

MARIANA · Married on 09/07/2013

I had to get a Dj last minute, and thank god one of his wedding had cancel so he was available. It was the best choice we could have made. My family is Brazilian and don't speak much English. And I knew that lee spoke Portuguese. So since the interview with him when my mom was there was in Portuguese. And throughout the wedding he made everybody feel welcome and happy. Speaking both languages!!!! I would absolutely recommend Lee to anybody. He Is professional and fun. He would get on the dance floor and teach everybody how to do the dances... We had a super blast! Thanks lee.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Jeff · Married on 07/13/2013

Lee was absolutely amazing! He was there to help us not only plan our celebration, but was a fantastic dj at our wedding. Many of our guests said that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to. I think it was all due to Lee's dedication to his work, and knowing how to motivate our crowd. I surely would recommend Lee to anyone getting married. Thanks Lee!!!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Megan · Married on 07/13/2013

We had Lee DJ at our wedding at The Sagamore and had a wonderful experience with him! :) He is so kind and knowledgeable! He is exactly who you would want playing music for you on your wedding day. He is so accommodating and made our day just perfect! We would highly recommend him to anyone planning a wedding! :)

Sent on 08/24/2014

Amanda · Married on 07/12/2013

I first gained familiarity with Lee's expertise while I worked as a waitress at the Franklin Plaza in Troy, where Lee would frequently provide DJ services for various events. The weddings I worked where Lee was the DJ were always very well-executed and fun, with a great musical selection. I knew by the time my own time came to plan a wedding that Lee Waddell was the DJ I wanted! Lee was very friendly, organized, and knowledgeable in his field when my (now) husband and I first met with him to discuss a plan for our entertainment at our wedding. His organization and experience made planning out all the minute details of the reception very easy and pleasant.

The reception itself was a blast, and I spent the vast majority of it out on the dance-floor. Lee was also very good about incorporating unique elements into our party at our request--he was more than happy to help us orchestrate a dance-off between the Groomsmen and Bridesmaids!

Overall, I would highly recommend Lee Waddell's services. You can't go wrong here!

Sent on 07/24/2014

mike · Married on 07/05/2013

Lee was awesome. We knew he was our D.J. the first day we met. Really down to earth cool guy and we couldn't have been happier with him as our D.J. Made a friend in the process as well! We highly recommend Lee.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Laila · Married on 05/11/2013

Lee Waddell was amazing! He did exactly what we wanted including the piano service during the cocktail hour was a nice added touch to the reception! He was very easy to communicate with which was great since we were planning a wedding from abroad. I would definitely recommend his services and his fees are very reasonable.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Randi · Married on 09/02/2012

Lee was excellent! The piano music at the cocktail hour was such a good option, I highly recommend it to set the tone. Lee was very flexible and kept everyone on the dance floor! He played a wide variety of music, we received great reviews from so many of our guests ranging from college friends to grandparents! Job well done!

Sent on 09/24/2012
  • O

Ondrej · Married on 08/18/2012

Lee Waddel was great. He played at my wedding and I would absolutely recommend him to my friends!
    From the moment we met him, he was very pleasant and easygoing. He was eager to do extra work to meet our specific demands, and he was very professional (and good!) when he had to play longer than was originally planned.

If you want top-notch professionalism, memorable performance, and rock-solid reliability, look no further. You found your guy.

Sent on 09/09/2012

Matt · Married on 07/28/2012

We used Lee for our wedding and he was so so so easy to work with. He was so flexible, agreeable, and helpful in us finding good dancing music. He also went the extra mile for us and downloaded some authentic Ukrainian music during the reception that made the brides side get out on the dance floor. Throughout the night our dance floor was packed and even played an encore song for the dancers out there after the reception ended. Lee was great and didn't make himself the center of attention at all. He kept every piece of attention on us. His music was at a great sound level where people could talk but also have fun. Lee even offered his piano services for our cocktail hour and our guests LOVED it. The piano added a great touch to our reception and was a classy feature. Lee plays a great piano and our day was all around perfect.

Sent on 08/07/2012

Katie · Married on 07/20/2012

Lee was awesome! The dance floor was packed the whole night. So fun to work with! Really got into the event and enjoyed the crowd! You can tell when a guy loves his job and he really does! Awesome guy! Awesome DJ!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Melissa · Married on 07/07/2012

We could not have asked for a better Dj from Lee (aka: The Piano Man). He always prompted quickly to our concerns and questions, and his performance was fantastic. He implemented exactly what we wanted, as well as incorporating he own techniques to make the night very memorable! We also thought the personal meeting a few weeks before is a special add on that other dj services do not offer, as well as the live piano option that we used for our cocktail hour. I highly recommend his services if he is available for your date!

Sent on 08/07/2012

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with having Lee DJ our wedding! Not only is he completely laid back and easy to talk to during the meetings, he listenings, gives you feedback on your ideas, and guides you in your choices.
    We had multiple couples at our wedding asking for his information! I would reccomend him 100 times over!

Sent on 07/12/2012

Sarah · Married on 05/19/2012

Lee is EXCELLENT to work with! Very understanding and willing to do anything within reason to make the wedding your own. This is the 3rd time that I have hired Lee for an event and have referred him 3 more times to other events.

Sent on 07/18/2013

Amber · Married on 10/08/2011

Lee is awesome! From the first time my husband and I met him, we knew he was going to do such a great job at our wedding.

I considered DJing the wedding myself because I am super-into music and thought I could handle the responsibility and get married and enjoy the reception. Meeting Lee and signing on with him was one of the best decisions we made.

I had a huge playlist, and Lee made a great medley of dance songs that our guests requested. He was receptive to feedback during the wedding, took requests (because we let him know that was okay with us), and monitored the flow and fun of the wedding.)

Most importantly, my husband and I loved our reception and had so much fun plus the dance floor was always jam packed with our guests!!!

I would highly recommend Lee for DJ services!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Jana · Married on 07/16/2011

We had a great experience with Lee. The venue where we had our wedding was pleased with his service and asked to put him on their recommendation list. Our guests also gave us positive feedback about his DJ service.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Stef · Married on 07/04/2011

Lee did an amazing job at our wedding! He played the piano outdoors for the ceremony, played piano indoors for our coctail hour, and DJ'd the rest of our event afterwards. He played exactly the type of music that we had in mind, and did a great job with any announcements and introductions we had asked of him. We loved having Lee at our wedding and highly recomend him to anyone!!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Leigh · Married on 11/19/2010

Lee Waddell had MC'd my brothers wedding and he was amazing. When I got engaged, I knew I had to have him as my DJ. Lee had my guests dancing all night long. He was very accomodating and I had no doubt in my mind that he wouldnt keep the party upbeat and going all night long. He is an absolute great guy to do business with and I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 04/25/2011

By Letter:
    Dear Lee,
    Dave and I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for everything you've done to help make our wedding day so special! You did such a fantastic job entertaining our guests and Dave and I couldn't have been happier!
    Best Wishes!

Jess & Dave

Sent on 08/03/2013

Jennifer · Married on 07/10/2010

By letter:

Dear Lee,
    Thank you very much for all you did on our wedding day! You did a fantastic job! Everyone had a great time. We really appreciate it!

Love,

Jenn & Dan

Sent on 07/24/2013

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with Lee right from the start. He was the DJ at the weddings of a close friend and also a family member, so I had complete confidence in him from those weddings. Lee reviewed every aspect of our wedding day ceremony (he played the piano beautifully) and reception music/hosting during our comprehensive planning process, so that eased any worries we may have had. In our wedding, there were a few parts that were unlike most weddings and he worked with us closely to make sure those sections ran a smoothly as we had hoped. There were also a couple songs he didn't have that we wanted and Lee searched for us and quickly found them and added them to his collection. We had the most beautiful wedding day that ran off without a hitch and we definitely know Lee had a good part to do with that!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Jessica · Married on 01/10/2009

Lee did a fantastic job as our DJ! He really made our wedding day fun and upbeat, playing music that had everyone dancing and enjoying themselves. He was extremely professional and helpful in our meetings prior to the wedding date. We had a general idea of what we wanted and Lee helped hone in on specifics and added some great suggestions. Lots of energy and professionalism.

Sent on 07/18/2013

Noreen · Married on 12/06/2008

Lee was the DJ for my wedding and he, without a doubt, made our wedding awesome! I really could no lt recommend him enough. Prior to the wedding he was very responsive, helpful, organized, etc. From the minute the reception started he had everyone energized and out on the dance floor. Most weddings I've been to are pretty quiet until after dinner when people get on the dance floor- not ours! He had people up and dancing before the salad was even served. He had some contests to get people involved and played great music that everyone really enjoyed. He also brought along some fun props or the kids (and kids at heart). The dance floor was literally packed all night long. He also played paino during our cocktail hour which was a really classy touch. We are still getting compliments from family and friends about our wedding and our DJ. After our wedding, friends also used Lee as their DJ and he impressed us again. You couldn't go wrong by hiring Lee! When it comes to our wedding, it was the best decision that we made!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Jessica · Married on 08/02/2008

Lee was outstanding!! He truly made our wedding a success! Our family and friends still talk about what fun they had at our wedding. I HiGHLY recommend Lee.

Sent on 07/26/2013