DJ Kurious Hawaii Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Allyse
    Allyse C. Married on 05/20/2022

Amazing DJ

Michael was so great so work with! We had him as our DJ and had TBTGHI Richard as our emcee and what a combo!!! It truly was the best night of our life! The guests had so much fun and these two were so easy to work with and helpful with all of our questions!!
    Tiani T. Married on 09/01/2019

Bring your Boogie Shoes!

DJ Kurious did such an awesome job for our wedding. He helped me pull off a surprise "singing down the aisle" for the Groom for the Ceremony. Very easy to work with, and last minute helped us with supplying a projector and screen!

During the cocktail hour/reception he played the perfect mellow/acoustic songs that you couldnt help but sing a long to.

& Lastly. Open dance... the music selection was perfect, he catered to everyones age, urged people to dance, all around just made everyone let loose & have fun!
    Kristine L. Married on 08/03/2019

Best DJ ever

DJ Kurious had my wedding guests dancing all night. Good mix of new songs and old school classic songs. He also provided uplighting and monogram services at Cafe Julia. He and his crew made my wedding a very fun and memorable experience.
  • Samantha
    Samantha T. Married on 06/09/2019

Djkurious is awesome

I worked with Mike before which made me not even think twice about hiring him for my special day. He is a genuine person to work with. He is very experienced and you can tell that he is passionate about what he does! He is very detailed about music! We hired him for our ceremony music and reception. Our papa past away a few years back and he was a talented musician. We wanted to incorporate papas cd into our program and DJKurious was able to do so. Everyone had chicken skin when they heard papa singing! Mike made it possible to have papa at our ceremony and reception. Thank you so much for focusing on the details for us! He also provided uplighting for the ballroom and dancing on the clouds for our first dance. We also had a personalized monogram which was extra special to us because we got engaged in front of the Disney castle! I don’t have enough words to say how grateful we are to have picked such an awesome DJ! When considering DJ’s for your event consider DJKurious who goes above and beyond what’s expected! Thank you Mike! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
  • Bernadette
    Bernadette Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful!

My husband and I have been married now for about 4 months. It hasn't been that long and to remember everything that had happened that night means you had a time of your life! Which is what we would describe how our night went. One of the main reasons why it was such a memorable night was because of DJ Kurious! He was our DJ obviously! Music is what sets the mood. To be honest, I left it to my husband to be in charge of the entertainment (He knew more than I did.) DJ Kurious was lit on the ones and twos at our wedding. He is really easy to sit and talk to and let him know what you want. He is very friendly and very personable and he was able to create what we had envisioned. We had wanted our guests to be WOWed and to feel THE LOVE that my husband and I share and he was on point with that. From the songs he suggested, to the up-lighting, to the blending and mixing, and to top it off, he created fireworks! (Which he called cold sparks). Not only did he set the atmosphere of what our love meant to us but to all our guests. We have to thank DJ Kurious for that! He knows what hes doing. We are completely satisfied for having him at our wedding. I still cry happy tears every time we watch our video, especially our first dance. It is a night we will always cherish and look back on. Thank you DJ Kurious for excellent job you did!
    Raynette Married on 02/16/2019

Fun with great music

Mike was awesome! We first met him at our cousin's wedding and we thought WOW this DJ is great, he knows his music and he even dressed up as a storm trooper bc that was their theme. We hired him along with THE WEDDING TEAM (Team bride team groom, party pix hawaii) He took the time to sit down with us and help us choose our songs for our ceremony, bridal party intros, dinner reception which made our lives easier. Our guests were very comfortable with the type of music he played. He's very knowledgeable and alleviated alot of stress for us. We highly recommend him along with the rest of the team! Oohhh and if your looking for a monogram we highly recommend Geoffrey who also works with Mike! Beautiful work!
    Tracey T. Married on 12/22/2018

Highly recommended!!!! Excellent Service 🤙

Where do we even begin!!!!!
    If you are looking for a DJ that has everything you need for your special day check out my childhood friend DJKURIOUS aka Michael 🤙 He was their for us since day one. From talking to him, to providing and discussing our music selections, to accommodating us with our “voiceover,” to providing our lighting, our backdrops, our monogram, to even make sure that everything runs smooth on our special day. DJKURIOUS aka Michael is the one to call. We highly recommend him. He provides Excellent Services!!!!
    Audrey Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing and flexible

DJ Kurious was awesome to work with. Michael and MC Geoffrey were amazing and accommodating. We had a very tough crowd (as in not the partying type) and they worked hard getting the party started and keeping it going. They did a great job with the whole evening. You won't regret it!
    Leah Married on 09/28/2018
    DJ Kurious provided music for my ceremony and reception. My husband and I were very glad to have him DJ at our wedding. He provided great music throughout our entire wedding and had our guests entertained the whole time. We were so glad to have DJ Kurious be our dj on our very special day!
  • I
    Ivy Married on 09/22/2018
    Michael was awesome! He really knew how to feel the crowds’ vibe and select the perfect songs without me having to make a list! That took a lot of stress off of me- Thank you, Michael! He was even able to take some mixes that I created and play it during our reception! The wedding company is hands down, THE BEST!!!!
    Amber Married on 05/04/2018
    I HIGHLY recommend DJ Kurious!!! I could't be more pleased with my section for a DJ for my wedding. They are very easy to work with, responded quickly to my emails and texts, and did a wonderful job at both my ceremony and reception. Michael read the crowd correctly and EVERY single person danced. I had so many people tell me that it was the funniest wedding they have ever been too. Thank you again DJ Kurious, and to Eric from Party Pix for the awesome recommendation.
    Mary Married on 03/10/2018
    Mike is the best! Very professional and easy to work with. He had us fill out a music worksheet with all the songs we want played for all the specific events during the reception (entourage entrance, cake cutting, etc). We gave him a list of genres and artists we like to listen to and all the songs he played were on point. The dance floor was never empty. I really loved his voiceover upgrade for my father-daughter dance, it was such a touching surprise to my dad and made the dance much more personal. I would definitely recommend him for your DJ needs.
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 02/10/2018
    DJ Kurious (Mike) was great to work with! We booked him through The Wedding Company aka Team Bride / Team Groom. He was very professional and was able to answer any questions that we had along the wedding planning and prepping. He was able to provide sound / music for our wedding and reception. He played appropriate music and what music we had requested to have. He's a great guy and an awesome DJ!
    Shusuke Married on 01/27/2018
    BEST DJ EVER! Mike, a.k.a. DJ Kurious, was probably one of the best DJ’s we ever danced to… and that’s a lot coming for us, a couple that loves to go dancing in different clubs and venues (I mean sure, it was our wedding night too… but still...) We had Mike as our wedding ceremony/ reception DJ and he did not disappoint at all! He came to all our consultations/ planning sessions with Team Bride Team Groom which made them a perfect combo. It is obvious that they have been working together for such a long time as they are so in sync with each other. Really easy to work with as well. We simply gave him a spotify playlist for what music we want for different portions of the wedding (ceremony, cocktail hour, first dance, father daughter dance, dinner, dance party, etc.) and we just let him do his thing. There were songs we didn’t specifically request just because we didn’t put as much thought into it, but he kept pulling out songs we all love and could not resist singing/ dancing along to. Guests were constantly telling us “I wish he played at a club! I would go see him every week!” We were impressed by how well he read the crowd and kept the dance floor going all the way to the end of the night. Another point we were impressed at was how he edited the timing perfectly for our ceremony music. All we did was simply hand him the music, but he took the time to figure out how many people were walking down the aisle to specific songs, and edited in a way that the song started and ended at the perfect timing. I, as a groom, couldn’t have been standing there any more happy with how perfect everything was. I would recommend Mike to anyone who is looking for a DJ that will keep the night fun and lively to the very end.
    Jaydinel Married on 11/18/2017
    You will not be disappointed! When we first heard heard him at a first birthday party, while we were doing a cater,we knew we wanted to have him as our own DJ at our wedding.We liked how he played his music,like how his music didnt suck -hehe- and was played so smoothly.So we seen his vendor at the wedding expo and we set a date to have a meeting.We looked over his package prices and seemed very affordable!Not very expensive,just right. On our first meeting we talked about whats included in the package and what not and Michael brought up Debbie (his fiancé)doing wedding planning.We felt very comfortable after the first meeting and we knew that we wanted to book him for sure. So we initially wanted him just as a our DJ but then we also booked Debbie as our day of coordinator,we thought that we could plan this wedding on our own but then we chose to have a little more help...AND WE DO NOT REGRET! We dont think we could have done it without Debbie and her team!Well back to Michael...on our second meeting we paid our deposit (in cash,because we don't hold checks haha)and we had to ask if that was okay and he was like 'uhhh,let me just make an invoice right now saying that you paid in cash' and we were okay because we trusted them..they didn't seem like sketchy people or anything haha. But yeah,all our meetings with them was so much fun! We shared our ideas of how we wanted our wedding to be and he shared some of the ideas that he wanted at their wedding...we actually took some of their ideas-hehehe,thanks-! It was so easy to work with them,and they're so on it with their works!We also had some very last minute changes (Like the day before AND day of the wedding) but he made it work!Oh yeah! Going back to sketchy people..our original emcee flaked on us twice and we were kinda annoyed, but Michael had a back up for us and we had to go with that,yay we're so thankful! Overall they were fun to work with and we connected like we were long time friends.Thank You So Much! :)
    Mary A. Married on 09/09/2017
    We loved that Michael had a Music Worksheet where we were able to put down what songs/genres we liked and did not like. I enjoyed dancing to every song played! They were also very flexible/reliable when I requested to add a monogram last minute. Thanks so much for your great service and making our wedding day so memorable!
  • I
    Icelynn Married on 07/22/2017
    We are the RUBIOs and tied the knot on July 22nd, 2017. We hired Michael of DJ Kurious to DJ our wedding reception at the Honolulu Country Club. We first booked Michael in 2015 at our first wedding expo show at Hawaii's Convention Center. As a couple we were attracted to his calm and relax personality. Very mellow and talented! This small business also combines his wedding skills with Team Bride Team Groom Hawaii, & Eric of Party Pix Hawaii. This trio is Hawaii's FINEST wedding professionals! We are so happy with the DJ service we received; our dance floor could have danced for another hour! Everything we requested, Michael executed perfectly! He provided to us a music worksheet ahead of time but also collaborated with TBTG for all of our transition songs throughout the wedding reception program. We met with Michael twice during the planning process, once to select and finalize our wedding monogram and second during our final meeting with TBTG. Michael did a fantastic job to create a positive sound experience for all 392 wedding guest. We also loved our final monogram that displayed on our linen behind our head table. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!
    Kimberly Married on 07/15/2017
    DJ Kurious (Mike) is hands-down the best DJ in the area. We were super impressed with Mike during our initial consultation. He was very professional and made the meeting inviting, comfortable, and he explained the services. We gave him our vision and ideas and he provided us with suggestions that had us booking with him on the spot. We met several times before the wedding to talk about the timeline, song choices, uplighting, monogram and he was very flexible and accommodating. DJ Kurious is incredibly talented and knows what he's doing. Working with him was easy and enjoyable. We knew that his first priority was making sure everyone was having a great time. He made sure the dance party at the reception continued until the party ended. The best part of working with him was he made sure the music throughout the evening was a representation of us. He is incredible and we highly recommend him!
  • Cara
    Cara Married on 07/01/2017
    Michael is AMAZING!!! We booked him through a package with Team Bride Team Groom (emcees) and Party Pix Hawaii (photobooth) through one of the wedding expos. We loved the package so much that we booked them well over a year in advance of our wedding. Our wedding was last weekend and every moment was unforgettable. The music sounded great and Michael worked with us to make a special remix of John Legend's All of Me with the Tiesto remix. He was quick to contact us with any questions or clarifications to our music worksheet and helped us end our wedding evening with fun music and lots of dancing. I would highly recommend DJ Kurious to any couple wanting to have an unforgettable time at their wedding!
  • Naomi
    Naomi Married on 04/22/2017
    DJ Kurious was recommended to us by our venue and site coordinator. We were confident in his skill as he had already worked at our venue and heard that he handled a sudden power outage with skill and ease. He was incredibly quick to respond to our inquiry about his services and setting up a meeting with his emcee partners, Team Bride Team Groom. When we met both vendors, we knew we needed them at our wedding. Mike made our father-daughter mashup dance absolutely perfect! My dad was really nervous about it so Mike made a copy of the dance on a CD for my dad to practice-incredible service! We were supposed to have an outdoor wedding, but the weather took a turn and flooded our wedding site. We had to completely change the layout and move everything indoors, but Mike was totally flexible and calm with last minute changes and made the night absolutely wonderful. He ended up having to set up in a stall and couldn't even see the dance floor, but kept the music going all night. He is an absolutely wonderful soul and takes total pride in all that he does.
    Marie Married on 03/25/2017
    Michael is awesome to work with! Our initial consult with Michael almost felt like we already knew him! He was so chill and nice. He walked us through each services he provides. He was very responsive and attentive to our requests. He had us complete a music list, which was so helpful because we had no idea we even needed a song for cake cutting! Lol! I heard all of the songs I had requested for on our wedding day and we were so happy! His sound system is also very clear! Everyone loved DJ Kurious!

Best part of our wedding is that Michael caught the garter! Wish he kept it. But he was very respectful and returned it to my husband to toss again to one of our guests!
    Brandi Married on 08/13/2016
    It was Mike's music selection and DJing skills caught our attention at the wedding expo, but it was his ability to read the crowd and coordinate with our MCs (Team Bride and Team Groom Hawaii) that kept the party engaging and upbeat. His lighting services set the perfect ambiance for our reception as the sunset. In fact, the way the lights hit my cousin as she danced her hula for us made the moment magical. Countless guests had boasted that this was the best wedding they had ever been to and Mike had played a huge role in making that happen. It was an absolute pleasure working with DJ Kurious Hawaii and best wishes for his own upcoming wedding :)
    Mia Married on 08/07/2016
    I recently got married on 8/7/16 at Kualoa Ranch, it was a destination wedding. DJ Kurious was referred to me by my wedding coordinator. I hired them because they provide exclusive rates (with my wedding coordinator). Main point of contact is Michael Mendoza. I hired his dj services for ceremony and reception. Michael was very nice and friendly. We exchanged numerous emails and texts, and he was very responsive. I had the pleasure in meeting him 4 days before the wedding to discuss songs, layout, and ideas. He was very accommodating, gave suggestions, and patient with all my questions.
    The day of wedding, he did exactly what we discussed from the beginning of our pre-ceremony to the end of our reception. He was prompt at setup and breakdown. At dancing, he provided some of my guests foam glow batons, which was so cool and he didn't even charge me for them! He knew what songs to play at any given moment, at any time.
    My overall experience with DJ Kurious was awesome! He provided great dj services and much more. The following day after my wedding, he sent me a one minute video highlight clip of the wedding ceremony, and a picture he captured of my husband and I during our first dance. It was a very thoughtful, beautiful, and unexpected gift! His pricing is reasonable and flexible. His service was worth every penny. You will not be disappointed! You will get so much more than what you pay for! Mahalo Michael!
  • User2291218 2+ years ago
    One of the best DJs on Oahu I must say. Every professional and music was excellent. Communication thru the wedding process too.
    Sounds and lighting was perfect. Will definitely use them again for any future events.
  • Corin
    Corin Married on 06/06/2015

Above & beyond!!!

DJ Kurious was a pleasure to work with! Excellent communication despite our wedding date changing a couple of times due to Covid. He was very understanding and accommodating to the constantly evolving scheduling. DJ Kurious was a breath of fresh air in that he was not only a consumant professional but an honest business man who worked with us in a difficult time.