11 Reviews for DJ Kurious Hawaii

One Event Per Day (2)
Flat Screen (1)
Projector (1)
11 DJ Kurious Hawaii Reviews

BEST DJ EVER! Mike, a.k.a. DJ Kurious, was probably one of the best DJ’s we ever danced to… and that’s a lot coming for us, a couple that loves to go dancing in different clubs and venues (I mean sure, it was our wedding night too… but still...) We had Mike as our wedding ceremony/ reception DJ and he did not disappoint at all! He came to all our consultations/ planning sessions with Team Bride Team Groom which made them a perfect combo. It is obvious that they have been working together for such a long time as they are so in sync with each other. Really easy to work with as well. We simply gave him a spotify playlist for what music we want for different portions of the wedding (ceremony, cocktail hour, first dance, father daughter dance, dinner, dance party, etc.) and we just let him do his thing. There were songs we didn’t specifically request just because we didn’t put as much thought into it, but he kept pulling out songs we all love and could not resist singing/ dancing along to. Guests were constantly telling us “I wish he played at a club! I would go see him every week!” We were impressed by how well he read the crowd and kept the dance floor going all the way to the end of the night. Another point we were impressed at was how he edited the timing perfectly for our ceremony music. All we did was simply hand him the music, but he took the time to figure out how many people were walking down the aisle to specific songs, and edited in a way that the song started and ended at the perfect timing. I, as a groom, couldn’t have been standing there any more happy with how perfect everything was. I would recommend Mike to anyone who is looking for a DJ that will keep the night fun and lively to the very end.

Profile Picture Shusuke, 1/27/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

You will not be disappointed! When we first heard heard him at a first birthday party, while we were doing a cater,we knew we wanted to have him as our own DJ at our wedding.We liked how he played his music,like how his music didnt suck -hehe- and was played so smoothly.So we seen his vendor at the wedding expo and we set a date to have a meeting.We looked over his package prices and seemed very affordable!Not very expensive,just right. On our first meeting we talked about whats included in the package and what not and Michael brought up Debbie (his fiancé)doing wedding planning.We felt very comfortable after the first meeting and we knew that we wanted to book him for sure. So we initially wanted him just as a our DJ but then we also booked Debbie as our day of coordinator,we thought that we could plan this wedding on our own but then we chose to have a little more help...AND WE DO NOT REGRET! We dont think we could have done it without Debbie and her team!Well back to Michael...on our second meeting we paid our deposit (in cash,because we don't hold checks haha)and we had to ask if that was okay and he was like 'uhhh,let me just make an invoice right now saying that you paid in cash' and we were okay because we trusted them..they didn't seem like sketchy people or anything haha. But yeah,all our meetings with them was so much fun! We shared our ideas of how we wanted our wedding to be and he shared some of the ideas that he wanted at their wedding...we actually took some of their ideas-hehehe,thanks-! It was so easy to work with them,and they're so on it with their works!We also had some very last minute changes (Like the day before AND day of the wedding) but he made it work!Oh yeah! Going back to sketchy people..our original emcee flaked on us twice and we were kinda annoyed, but Michael had a back up for us and we had to go with that,yay we're so thankful! Overall they were fun to work with and we connected like we were long time friends.Thank You So Much! :)

Profile Picture Jaydinel, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Wedding Planning

We loved that Michael had a Music Worksheet where we were able to put down what songs/genres we liked and did not like. I enjoyed dancing to every song played! They were also very flexible/reliable when I requested to add a monogram last minute. Thanks so much for your great service and making our wedding day so memorable!

Profile Picture Mary Ann, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

We are the RUBIOs and tied the knot on July 22nd, 2017. We hired Michael of DJ Kurious to DJ our wedding reception at the Honolulu Country Club. We first booked Michael in 2015 at our first wedding expo show at Hawaii's Convention Center. As a couple we were attracted to his calm and relax personality. Very mellow and talented! This small business also combines his wedding skills with Team Bride Team Groom Hawaii, & Eric of Party Pix Hawaii. This trio is Hawaii's FINEST wedding professionals! We are so happy with the DJ service we received; our dance floor could have danced for another hour! Everything we requested, Michael executed perfectly! He provided to us a music worksheet ahead of time but also collaborated with TBTG for all of our transition songs throughout the wedding reception program. We met with Michael twice during the planning process, once to select and finalize our wedding monogram and second during our final meeting with TBTG. Michael did a fantastic job to create a positive sound experience for all 392 wedding guest. We also loved our final monogram that displayed on our linen behind our head table. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!

Profile Picture Icelynn, 7/22/17, 15 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Kurious (Mike) is hands-down the best DJ in the area. We were super impressed with Mike during our initial consultation. He was very professional and made the meeting inviting, comfortable, and he explained the services. We gave him our vision and ideas and he provided us with suggestions that had us booking with him on the spot. We met several times before the wedding to talk about the timeline, song choices, uplighting, monogram and he was very flexible and accommodating. DJ Kurious is incredibly talented and knows what he's doing. Working with him was easy and enjoyable. We knew that his first priority was making sure everyone was having a great time. He made sure the dance party at the reception continued until the party ended. The best part of working with him was he made sure the music throughout the evening was a representation of us. He is incredible and we highly recommend him!

Photo
Profile Picture Kimberly , 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael is AMAZING!!! We booked him through a package with Team Bride Team Groom (emcees) and Party Pix Hawaii (photobooth) through one of the wedding expos. We loved the package so much that we booked them well over a year in advance of our wedding. Our wedding was last weekend and every moment was unforgettable. The music sounded great and Michael worked with us to make a special remix of John Legend's All of Me with the Tiesto remix. He was quick to contact us with any questions or clarifications to our music worksheet and helped us end our wedding evening with fun music and lots of dancing. I would highly recommend DJ Kurious to any couple wanting to have an unforgettable time at their wedding!

Profile Picture Cara, 7/1/17, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

DJ Kurious was recommended to us by our venue and site coordinator. We were confident in his skill as he had already worked at our venue and heard that he handled a sudden power outage with skill and ease. He was incredibly quick to respond to our inquiry about his services and setting up a meeting with his emcee partners, Team Bride Team Groom. When we met both vendors, we knew we needed them at our wedding. Mike made our father-daughter mashup dance absolutely perfect! My dad was really nervous about it so Mike made a copy of the dance on a CD for my dad to practice-incredible service! We were supposed to have an outdoor wedding, but the weather took a turn and flooded our wedding site. We had to completely change the layout and move everything indoors, but Mike was totally flexible and calm with last minute changes and made the night absolutely wonderful. He ended up having to set up in a stall and couldn't even see the dance floor, but kept the music going all night. He is an absolutely wonderful soul and takes total pride in all that he does.

Profile Picture Naomi, 4/22/17, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Michael is awesome to work with! Our initial consult with Michael almost felt like we already knew him! He was so chill and nice. He walked us through each services he provides. He was very responsive and attentive to our requests. He had us complete a music list, which was so helpful because we had no idea we even needed a song for cake cutting! Lol! I heard all of the songs I had requested for on our wedding day and we were so happy! His sound system is also very clear! Everyone loved DJ Kurious!

Best part of our wedding is that Michael caught the garter! Wish he kept it. But he was very respectful and returned it to my husband to toss again to one of our guests!

Profile Picture Marie, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, Microphones, Sound/PA System

It was Mike's music selection and DJing skills caught our attention at the wedding expo, but it was his ability to read the crowd and coordinate with our MCs (Team Bride and Team Groom Hawaii) that kept the party engaging and upbeat. His lighting services set the perfect ambiance for our reception as the sunset. In fact, the way the lights hit my cousin as she danced her hula for us made the moment magical. Countless guests had boasted that this was the best wedding they had ever been to and Mike had played a huge role in making that happen. It was an absolute pleasure working with DJ Kurious Hawaii and best wishes for his own upcoming wedding :)

Profile Picture brandi, 8/13/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day

I recently got married on 8/7/16 at Kualoa Ranch, it was a destination wedding. DJ Kurious was referred to me by my wedding coordinator. I hired them because they provide exclusive rates (with my wedding coordinator). Main point of contact is Michael Mendoza. I hired his dj services for ceremony and reception. Michael was very nice and friendly. We exchanged numerous emails and texts, and he was very responsive. I had the pleasure in meeting him 4 days before the wedding to discuss songs, layout, and ideas. He was very accommodating, gave suggestions, and patient with all my questions.
The day of wedding, he did exactly what we discussed from the beginning of our pre-ceremony to the end of our reception. He was prompt at setup and breakdown. At dancing, he provided some of my guests foam glow batons, which was so cool and he didn't even charge me for them! He knew what songs to play at any given moment, at any time.
My overall experience with DJ Kurious was awesome! He provided great dj services and much more. The following day after my wedding, he sent me a one minute video highlight clip of the wedding ceremony, and a picture he captured of my husband and I during our first dance. It was a very thoughtful, beautiful, and unexpected gift! His pricing is reasonable and flexible. His service was worth every penny. You will not be disappointed! You will get so much more than what you pay for! Mahalo Michael!

Profile Picture Mia, 8/7/16, 11 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day

One of the best DJs on Oahu I must say. Every professional and music was excellent. Communication thru the wedding process too.
Sounds and lighting was perfect. Will definitely use them again for any future events.

Profile Picture User5390726, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews