DJ Kanoya Productions Reviews

36 Reviews for DJ Kanoya Productions

• Catie

Catie · Married on 04/06/2019

Fun, Special Wedding

We are huge fans of Justin - we clicked from the moment we first talked to him and we're so glad we chose him for our wedding! He listened to our ideas and vision, while also making great recommendations and providing solid advice. Case in point: Our officiant had an idea for our recessional music that he wanted to surprise us with. Minutes before the ceremony, he mentioned it to Justin, who gently said to him, "Let me tell you why I don't think that's a great idea." Our officiant was completely convinced, not offended, and we didn't hear a word of it until after the big day. Everyone had a blast dancing all night at our wedding. Thank you Justin!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Nicole · Married on 08/05/2017

Justin set the tone for our reception with his awesome playlist and MC presence. He is so professional, helpful and responded quickly to all our emails. He goes through the entire process step by step and made it super easy for us. We received multiple compliments from our guests after the wedding.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Kat · Married on 05/20/2017

We LOVE Justin! He is so good and what he does and has DJed multiple friends weddings as well as events in the fitness industry. he is so so popular and for good reason! He made our day even more special. Thank you so much Justin!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Shannon · Married on 12/09/2016

Justin was referred to me through a friend for my December wedding. He was exceptional! He drove to my venue to meet with me and my wedding planner ahead of the wedding and made such great recommendations for uplighting which really was the ultimate gamechanger! He also took my first dance song and suggested a slower, indie version, which literally stole the show. He was so knowledgeable and professional. I cannot recommend him enough! The song list was a huge hit! Everyone was dancing! He definitely made the night memorable for me and my guests!
    -shannon m.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Nicolette · Married on 12/03/2016

Justin did a great job! Thank you for contributing to our night and making it memorable to our guests! ♥

Sent on 12/26/2016

Becky · Married on 10/14/2016

Justin was great!!! I would fully recommend him as a DJ and to use the slow motion video booth. The props and service was amazing!!!! They really went all out!! Thank you so much Justin for all your help and making the day amazing!

Sent on 11/23/2016
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 06/10/2016

Justin was our DJ for our wedding in June and he was absolutely incredible! Justin is very professional, friendly and does a great job on the mic, but doesn't overtake the show! He honestly threw the best dance party that all of our friends and family are still talking about! He coordinated with our live musician for our ceremony and cocktail hour as well as set-up a slide show for us. We would highly recommend Justin for your wedding or any event you need a DJ for! http://cloveandkin.com/blog/tag/kristen-patrick/

Sent on 08/27/2016

Briana · event on: 12/11/2015

DJ Justin hosted our Father-Daughter dance and was amazing! He played tunes that appealed to both young girls as well as dads, and the dance floor was packed all night! I received several positive reports from fathers who said this was our best dance yet. An even sweeter touch to the night, Justin brought his 9 year old daughter to help him assist. She was adorable. I would definitely recommend DJ Kanoya and will be using him again and again!

Sent on 12/18/2015

celestine · event on: 11/08/2015

Thank you so much for a wonderful job at my husband's birthday party. Everyone had a fantastic time and your organization and delivery were top notch. My intense father even complimented you the following day. He is a tough critic so you did a fabulous job! Congratulations to you! I appreciate everything you did to make my husband's birthday party his best ever as he stated.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Melissa · Married on 10/10/2015

Justin is a great DJ and Master of Ceremonies! I've had the pleasure of experiencing 4 weddings he has "performed" for (three for friends and my own wedding at the Hotel Del Coronado in October 2015).

I used his services for the following:
    -Music (Played the varieties and genres of music we requested which everyone enjoyed!)
    -MC (He was really able to personalize the program and keep everyone's energy up)
    -Lights (Dance floor and red uplights)
    -Gobo & Pinspot Lighting (Backdrop and for cake)
    -Draping (For sweetheart table)
    -Slow Motion Booth (So much fun!)

Justin met with us prior to the wedding to get a feel for our tastes, the timeline of events, and our expectations. He kept in touch through the process which allowed us to not be afraid of leaving things up to him.. which of course was a success!

One thing I definitely noticed during the receptions is that he is very tactful and successful at getting everyone's attention during important aspects of the program. Justin can read the party very well.. he kept the dance floors full.. can tell when a group is feeling like old school 90s hip hop or salsa.. he's even started a Soul Train.. he's not afraid to enjoy the night and make it fun for everyone! Definitely knows what he's doing and he is valuable!

Sent on 08/28/2014

andrea · Married on 08/15/2015

We hired dj kanoya for a slow motion video booth! It was such a hit! It is very similar to a photo booth except it's a slow motion video! We got married August 15th and people are still raving about how much fun they had!! We got the video clip back about 2 weeks after the wedding and it's hilarious! It's so much fun to watch and relive the memories from our wedding of all our guests in the booth. Highly recommend checking out the slow motion video so much more fun and creative than a traditional photobooth!!

Sent on 09/06/2015

Allison · Married on 06/06/2015

Justin is amazing! We booked him last minute, as we didn't think we needed a DJ, and in just an hour spent with him, I could tell he was going to be so much more than just music! He has an awesome ability to tie music in with the mood, and is an overall great guy! Genuinely cares about clients and their vision of their own wedding, and works alongside to perfect that vision!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Maggie · Married on 09/20/2014

We had Justin as our DJ for the wedding reception, and he was great. He was professional, and definitely knew how to read and work the crowd. We had a great time and so did our guests. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Justin Kanoya was an amazing DJ! He was extremely professional and very easy to work with. He really was integral to our event keeping with the timing of all of the different aspects of our wedding reception. At our wedding, dancing was definitely the highlight, in large part to Justin's amazing DJ skills! Thanks so much, Justin!

Sent on 08/04/2014

DJ Kanoya was friendly, professional, and flexible to our schedule. Our unconventional wedding included multiple live music acts, and DJ Kanoya was incredibly helpful in working with us to make sure the equipment and timing were in place.

He also was a wonderful MC throughout the night - he worked with us to make a schedule for the night so that he knew what was going on and when. Of course, we altered that schedule and DJ Kanoya rolled along with it.

And the music was awesome. We didn't give much guidance as to what we wanted, but he got our guests excited and kept them on the dance floor all night.

DJ Kanoya was really great and I would strongly recommend him.

Sent on 05/28/2014
  • User3994073 · event on: 03/22/2014

This DJ kept the dance floor moving! He played current music that was perfect for the diverse group we had. He was very professional and he brought everything needed. His setup and take down was quick. I would highly recommend him for any venue. We had such a great night and he was a big part of it.

• User3993566 · event on: 03/21/2014

Great music! The slow motion video was a big hit, too. Thank you for making our dance so fun and memorable!

• User3995214 · event on: 03/21/2014

Justin recently deejayed a family dance event at our school, and he was amazing! He chose just the right mix of songs to get both kids and parents up and dancing. Everyone had a really great time. From start to finish, Justin was professional and responsive. Working with him was so easy and completely stress-free, which is just what you want when you are planning an event. Highly recommend.

• User4022786 · event on: 03/21/2014

Everyone at the party had an awesome time because of the great music spun by DJ Kanoya Productions! Very professional, helpful and cheerful. I would not hesitate to hire them at another event.

Sent on 04/08/2014

Erin · Married on 03/15/2014

Justin was great. He guided us through planning of the itinerary for our reception, listened to what we wanted, and then took charge and made sure everything flowed well. We had total confidence in him because it was clear that he had a lot of experience and knew what he was doing. Would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 03/19/2014

Tracy · event on: 03/15/2014

DJ Kanoya is professional, entertaining and engaging! His flexibility and enthusiasm made our school event a huge success!!!

Christina · Married on 02/22/2014

Justin was very easy to work with. He had a great personality and made our reception a lot of fun. The variety of music with our requests was great!

Sent on 03/01/2014
  • I

Isaac · event on: 12/13/2013

Justin Was Very Professional. He Kept The Guest Entertained At All Times.

Sent on 03/02/2014

Joan · Married on 10/19/2013

As mother-of-the-groom I was very impressed with Justin's professionalism and his overall handling of the reception at my son's wedding. He met with my son and fiance before the wedding to discover what was important, and provided a questionnaire to get family input. His knowledge of music and his interest in making sure the right music was played at the right time was impressive. We had a relatively short amount of time in the reception hall and Justin made sure all the important elements of introduction, recognition and tradition were met. He managed the "flow" beautifully and, more importantly, seamlessly. Our guest were charmed and entertained. It was a fun, sentimental and memorable reception.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Angelica · event on: 03/16/2013

DJ Kanoya was awesome! He DJ'd my daughter's 13th birthday party. He knew what music to play and he got all of our teenage guests dancing the whole evening. My daughter really enjoyed her 1st "dancing" party and if she is going to have a Sweet 16 party, we know who to call. I highly recommend DJ Kanoya.

Sent on 08/30/2014