DJ Kanoya Productions Reviews

35 | San Diego, CA

35 Reviews for DJ Kanoya Productions

Nicole · Married on 08/05/2017

Justin set the tone for our reception with his awesome playlist and MC presence. He is so professional, helpful and responded quickly to all our emails. He goes through the entire process step by step and made it super easy for us. We received multiple compliments from our guests after the wedding.

Kat · Married on 05/20/2017

We LOVE Justin! He is so good and what he does and has DJed multiple friends weddings as well as events in the fitness industry. he is so so popular and for good reason! He made our day even more special. Thank you so much Justin!

Shannon · Married on 12/09/2016

Justin was referred to me through a friend for my December wedding. He was exceptional! He drove to my venue to meet with me and my wedding planner ahead of the wedding and made such great recommendations for uplighting which really was the ultimate gamechanger! He also took my first dance song and suggested a slower, indie version, which literally stole the show. He was so knowledgeable and professional. I cannot recommend him enough! The song list was a huge hit! Everyone was dancing! He definitely made the night memorable for me and my guests!
    -shannon m.

Nicolette · Married on 12/03/2016

Justin did a great job! Thank you for contributing to our night and making it memorable to our guests! ♥

Becky · Married on 10/14/2016

Justin was great!!! I would fully recommend him as a DJ and to use the slow motion video booth. The props and service was amazing!!!! They really went all out!! Thank you so much Justin for all your help and making the day amazing!

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 06/10/2016

Justin was our DJ for our wedding in June and he was absolutely incredible! Justin is very professional, friendly and does a great job on the mic, but doesn't overtake the show! He honestly threw the best dance party that all of our friends and family are still talking about! He coordinated with our live musician for our ceremony and cocktail hour as well as set-up a slide show for us. We would highly recommend Justin for your wedding or any event you need a DJ for! http://cloveandkin.com/blog/tag/kristen-patrick/

Melissa · Married on 10/10/2015

Justin is a great DJ and Master of Ceremonies! I've had the pleasure of experiencing 4 weddings he has "performed" for (three for friends and my own wedding at the Hotel Del Coronado in October 2015).

I used his services for the following:
    -Music (Played the varieties and genres of music we requested which everyone enjoyed!)
    -MC (He was really able to personalize the program and keep everyone's energy up)
    -Lights (Dance floor and red uplights)
    -Gobo & Pinspot Lighting (Backdrop and for cake)
    -Draping (For sweetheart table)
    -Slow Motion Booth (So much fun!)

Justin met with us prior to the wedding to get a feel for our tastes, the timeline of events, and our expectations. He kept in touch through the process which allowed us to not be afraid of leaving things up to him.. which of course was a success!

One thing I definitely noticed during the receptions is that he is very tactful and successful at getting everyone's attention during important aspects of the program. Justin can read the party very well.. he kept the dance floors full.. can tell when a group is feeling like old school 90s hip hop or salsa.. he's even started a Soul Train.. he's not afraid to enjoy the night and make it fun for everyone! Definitely knows what he's doing and he is valuable!

andrea · Married on 08/15/2015

We hired dj kanoya for a slow motion video booth! It was such a hit! It is very similar to a photo booth except it's a slow motion video! We got married August 15th and people are still raving about how much fun they had!! We got the video clip back about 2 weeks after the wedding and it's hilarious! It's so much fun to watch and relive the memories from our wedding of all our guests in the booth. Highly recommend checking out the slow motion video so much more fun and creative than a traditional photobooth!!

Allison · Married on 06/06/2015

Justin is amazing! We booked him last minute, as we didn't think we needed a DJ, and in just an hour spent with him, I could tell he was going to be so much more than just music! He has an awesome ability to tie music in with the mood, and is an overall great guy! Genuinely cares about clients and their vision of their own wedding, and works alongside to perfect that vision!

Maggie · Married on 09/20/2014

We had Justin as our DJ for the wedding reception, and he was great. He was professional, and definitely knew how to read and work the crowd. We had a great time and so did our guests. I highly recommend him!

Justin Kanoya was an amazing DJ! He was extremely professional and very easy to work with. He really was integral to our event keeping with the timing of all of the different aspects of our wedding reception. At our wedding, dancing was definitely the highlight, in large part to Justin's amazing DJ skills! Thanks so much, Justin!

DJ Kanoya was friendly, professional, and flexible to our schedule. Our unconventional wedding included multiple live music acts, and DJ Kanoya was incredibly helpful in working with us to make sure the equipment and timing were in place.

He also was a wonderful MC throughout the night - he worked with us to make a schedule for the night so that he knew what was going on and when. Of course, we altered that schedule and DJ Kanoya rolled along with it.

And the music was awesome. We didn't give much guidance as to what we wanted, but he got our guests excited and kept them on the dance floor all night.

DJ Kanoya was really great and I would strongly recommend him.

Erin · Married on 03/15/2014

Justin was great. He guided us through planning of the itinerary for our reception, listened to what we wanted, and then took charge and made sure everything flowed well. We had total confidence in him because it was clear that he had a lot of experience and knew what he was doing. Would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Christina · Married on 02/22/2014

Justin was very easy to work with. He had a great personality and made our reception a lot of fun. The variety of music with our requests was great!

Joan · Married on 10/19/2013

As mother-of-the-groom I was very impressed with Justin's professionalism and his overall handling of the reception at my son's wedding. He met with my son and fiance before the wedding to discover what was important, and provided a questionnaire to get family input. His knowledge of music and his interest in making sure the right music was played at the right time was impressive. We had a relatively short amount of time in the reception hall and Justin made sure all the important elements of introduction, recognition and tradition were met. He managed the "flow" beautifully and, more importantly, seamlessly. Our guest were charmed and entertained. It was a fun, sentimental and memorable reception.

Melissa · Married on 11/03/2012

Justin is a great DJ and Master of Ceremonies! I've been to two weddings that he has performed for (one for a mutual friend in 2010 and another for a good friend in 2012). He was definitely able to keep the crowd's attention and keep the enjoyment going. One thing I definitely noticed is that he is very tactful and successful at getting everyone's attention during important aspects of the program. Justin can read the party very well.. he kept the dance floors full.. can tell when a group is feeling like old school 90s hip hop or salsa.. even started a Soul Train.. he's not afraid to enjoy the night and make it fun for everyone! Definitely knows what he's doing and he is valuable!

Judy · Married on 07/01/2011

We saw DJ Kanoya dj at another venue about a year prior and just loved his style. Not only was the music fit for the occasion but he was so approachable and pleasant to speak to. So when we pinned down our wedding date, we went straight to DJ Kanoya and asked him to be our DJ. During wedding preparations, he met with us on a few occasions and went over everything from A to Z and put us at ease. He asked us very important questions that I would not have thought to ask on my own (that's experience right there!) so it validated our initial assessment of him. At the wedding, I could not have asked for a better DJ! He was incredibly uplifting and had all my guests engaged during the reception and didn't miss a beat with multiple announcements at the appropriate moments. Once the dancing started, he seriously had everyone on the dance floor like there was no tomorrow. He played all the music that we requested and had a natural feel for the type of songs we would enjoy based on the discussions we had during our meetings with him. His DJ skills are proven with the natural mix from song to song to song to song. We had many compliments about our DJ from our friends who attended and he undoubtedly was a huge part of our successful wedding. We have referred him business because we believe and trust that our friends would appreciate him as much as we did.

• MauiMeInSD

Michelle · Married on 03/27/2010

Justin was the the perfect DJ for our wedding. He worked with us prior to the wedding in coordinating music that we wanted to play, and not just stuff he wanted to play. He was responsive to my emails and made us feel comfortable. He did all of our ceremony music and was a great emcee. He was able to read our crowd so well that he had our guests dancing the entire evening. He even staged our last dance of the evening and it was definitely one of our favorite moments from that night. He's a true professional and really knows his stuff. We would highly highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding DJ.

• I

Irene · Married on 02/23/2008

For four hours, the 200 guests at my daughter's wedding danced, laughed, cheered and toasted to the music of and delightful coordination of DJ Kanoya Productions. Justin, the DJ extraordinaire, met with the bride and groom about a month before the wedding for a fun session over music selection and to set a timeline for wedding events, such as the bouquet toss, toasts and cake cutting. Justin's equipment fit in perfectly with the décor, his vast library of songs is amazing, and his demeanor was spot on, as he socialized with grannies in their 90s and children under 2. It was a pleasure to work with him.

Vanessa · Married on 02/23/2008

Justin was great. My husband and I went into the first meeting with him with no clue what we wanted and Justin was totally able to lead us in a direction that kept us dancing and smiling all night. He even helped us pick the song I walked down the isle too; The princess bride theme song. It never even crossed my mind, but the second he played it I knew it was perfect for us. He was precessional and great with the guests when they had requests. And this was back in the day when iPhones weren't readily available. I'm sure now he could get any song, any time, anywhere! If we have another party that requires a DJ I would definitely book Justin again!

Amy · Married on 11/17/2007

We got married in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay, and our wedding, while not the fanciest or most elegant, was the most fun ever! And it was almost entirely because of Justin's ability to use his amazing talent to get my family and friends (many of which would rather die than dance) up off their seats and out on the dance floor. Justin isn't just any old deejay - he's someone that knows all genres of music, has a superb sense of the demographic he is playing for, and takes total and complete pride in creating an exciting and lively event. My husband and I did not have a strong idea of what songs or type of music we wanted played during the reception, yet just through one meeting with us, every single song he played was perfectly picked for the occasion and for a lasting memory. We both know our wedding wouldn't have been the same without him - Justin is the kind of deejay that is passionate about what he does. I've never seen anything like it before - you will not go wrong choosing Justin. He's extremely talented.

Jennifer · Married on 08/06/2006

Originally, I was planning on going extra-low-budget on the DJ and just having my reception music pre-planned and playing off an iPod, but I'm really glad we decided to hire a DJ instead. I went in thinking I knew what I wanted for everything, but Justin brought in a lot of expertise which I had never really considered. I thought picking music was a no brainer, but apparently, there's some strategy to it. So I was really glad to have Justin there to give suggestions. He wasn't at all pushy with his ideas, though, I still felt like everything was in my hands, and he really worked with us on everything we needed.

Stephen · Married on 05/27/2006

Justin was awesome. He knew how to read the room and play the right music to amp up the crowd and set the tone for the different events during our wedding, I LOVED editing our wedding video and listening to the music for the reception. Our friends liked his work so much that at least two other bookings were made from that night alone so we got to see him work again and again. Your experience will likely be very similar.

Maria · Married on 02/15/2003

Do yourself a favor and hire DJ Kanoya for your wedding. He works closely with you on song selection, coordinates well with other vendors, keeps the crowd engaged, and tailors the music to the activity. He knows how to read the dance floor and will be sure to keep them dancing all evening as he did for us. In short, he's a professional that enjoys helping your reception to be as memorable an experience as possible.

• I

Isaac · event on: 12/13/2013

Justin Was Very Professional. He Kept The Guest Entertained At All Times.