64 Reviews for DJ JOHNNY STUART

64 DJ JOHNNY STUART Reviews

AMAZING! DJ Jonny did my January 2018 wedding. It was an Orthodox Jewish wedding and he has all the latest Hebrew/Israeli music for the Hora. He is reliable and accomadating. He can read the crowd and play accordingly. Highly recommend and will use him again for any future celebrations!

Profile Picture Lauren, 1/14/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Amazing! Took the time to listen to everything you said. Very reliable. Had a great time at my wedding. Thank you for making my day so special.

Profile Picture kristina, 1/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Johnny DJed my September 30th 2017 wedding . He played everything we wanted and more! I have no complaints. My whole dance floor was going crazy into the night. People keep saying how good he was and my friend wants to use him for her wedding now too. I would definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture sabrina, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were very pleased with D.J. Johnny Stuart. He's a very nice guy, easy to communicate with, and organized (he and the marrying couple outlined a detailed schedule for the evening). I, (MOB), called him a couple of weeks before the wedding and was very clear about our not wanting the music to be so loud that our guests would suffer hearing loss by the end of the evening (which is too often the case). He understood exactly what I was saying and assured me he would not blast the music. He didn't. The adults were happy; the younger people were happy. It all worked out very well. He coordinated with an Armenian band that was playing that evening as well and they alternated seamlessly. A couple of days after the wedding, he let us know that we had overpaid him and he was quick to return the money. I recommend D.J. Johnny Stuart without hesitation. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Irene, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had a great experience working with Johnny! My husband is a musician and had a lot of opinions on our music - he gave Johnny a list of probably 50 songs he wanted worked into the night, and Johnny was able to play almost all of them and mixed them in a super fun way that kept the party going. Johnny also gave us a lot of ideas about what might work for the music, and helped us think through the flow of the night. Night of, he also went above and beyond, last minute finding a super-long cable to help my sister in law with her toast - she wanted to play songs off her phone, which we didn't know in advance, and Johnny came through to make it happen. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Julia, 7/2/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Johnny Stuart is the best DJ ever! He DJ'ed both mine and my sister's wedding and he was amazing. Got the party going immediately and was absolutely wonderful to work with. He really followed through with all of my requests and was really helpful with suggestions when I needed them. Had the wedding our dreams thanks to Johnny!!

Profile Picture Maria, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We could not have been happier with DJ Johnny. He kept or wedding guests engaged all night without overdoing it on the mic. We have an amazing high-energy dance party with the dance floor packed the entire night. He also did an amazing job of mixing music from our two cultures (Portuguese and Indian)- ultimate fusion. I love a good party and he did not disappoint. Highly recommend is an understatement.

Profile Picture Elena, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Johnny is the best DJ around and so much fun to work with! He is always available and has the best ideas. It is no surprise he is so popular and well received!

Profile Picture Puja, 7/2/16, 6 Reviews
3.9

Johnny was great. He played the music we loved and was happy to spin records and make shout outs that got everyone having fun. We recommend him for anyone's wedding.

Profile Picture User7117332, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Awesome!!! It was a great experience from the time we met Johnny several months before the wedding all the until our wedding night! He absolutely nailed the entire thing! He kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night and NO ONE wanted to leave! We wish we could have extended our wedding a few more hours!! Do yourselves a favor and book his A.S.A.P.! Thanks Johnny for making our night amazing!

Profile Picture User6936604, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

From start to finish, Johnny was an absolute pleasure to work with! Out of all the DJ's we interviewed, he was one of the only ones who actually listened, and was always quick to respond via phone or email.

We sat down with him to give him a list of (1) songs we love and (2) songs we absolutely hate, and from that he crafted outrageously good dance sets. He also worked with us to build a timeline of the night so he knew when to step in and emcee, when to keep the mood low-key, and when to pump it up and absolutely blow the roof off of the place!

I would recommend him again in a heartbeat, especially to any couples looking to fill the dance-floor and keep the party going all night long!

Profile Picture Tyler, 11/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Johnny simply rocks! He is professional, takes the time to personalize his service and ultimately brought this level of expertise to guide us. The end result was a magical evening that involved a ceremony outside with accompanying music, a cocktail reception, dinner, speeches and then the most wonderful dancing. He even helped us with out first dance which was a compilation of three songs - each with it's own type of dance - that was blended together. He made it sound wonderful and actually made the timing work so that we could transition from the waltz to the foxtrot to the rumba all within a single dance. For those of you that are wondering.. yes, we did take dance lessons. It's not for the novice! But well worth it.
Overall you won't be disappointed by hiring Johnny. He made our wedding magical and for that we are grateful.

Profile Picture User5405342, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Johnny is the ultimate professional - he has years of experience and clearly loves being a DJ. This really makes all of the difference at an event as important as your wedding.
For my husband and I - music was very important to our wedding. We wanted to have a fun party and knew music would either help make that happen or ruin it. From the first time I talked to Johnny on the phone to our in person meeting, Johnny was clearly interested in understanding "our vision" for our wedding vs. just having one style that he pushes on everyone. I was confident he genuinely wanted to create the perfect night for us and listened to what that meant for us. We had some concerns as our guests were coming from a wide variety of places and had a wide variety of musical tastes, but we felt that DJ Johnny would be up to the task.
Leading up to the even Johnny was available to chat whenever we needed to chat and helped us get organized with our "must plays" and "never play" songs. We certainly had a lot of input in our music, but when we were stuck, like on our ceremony music, Johnny was there with the perfect suggestions. By my wedding day, music was one thing I just wasn't worried about.
Our actual wedding day went even better than I could have imagined. Ceremony music was flawless and even our cocktail hour music was great. But the reception was where Johnny really shined. Sure, we'd gone over a bunch of songs we thought would work, but Johnny really read the crowd and adapted to maximize the fun and keep the most people on the dance floor for the longest amount of time (which was our priority). Not to mention, the entire evening Johnny looked like he was having as much fun as our guests! I think this is really what makes him a great DJ - he really wants your wedding to be everything you ever dreamed of and genuinely works his hardest to make that happen for you

Profile Picture User4223597, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Johnny was absolutely amazing at our wedding this past weekend in the Hamptons. He understood what we wanted and expected from our first meeting. He was easy to work with in order to orchestrate the music for the atmosphere we wanted to create. He is super passionate about what he does, and that shows through in his work. He played music during cocktail hour, dinner, and then dancing. Each part had music that was different from each other but fit the mood perfectly. During dancing, Johnny kept everyone on their feet the entire time. I have never seen this at a wedding- people didn't want the night to end. Since the wedding, we have heard from many people it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to, and I think that is largely due to the music. I would highly recommend him and can't wait to throw another party so we can work together again!

Profile Picture User4481289, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were so lucky that we found Johnny as our wedding DJ at Hyatt. It was a cultural and western combined wedding and my families and in-laws came all the way from China to attend. We all had such a great time on the wedding night. Johnny is such a pleasure to work with and he is very responsive, professional and corporative through our entire music list preparation and the wedding. He did both ceremony and reception part and all my families and friends joined for dancing and it was really incredible! Highly recommend to all of you guys who are looking for a great DJ. Both my husband and I want to say thank you so much to Johnny for such a wonderful wedding! THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Yanan, 9/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Highly recommend him!!! He was an absolute hit and everyone loved the music and our dance floor was packed all night long. He is organized, experienced and flexible. I would hire him again in a heart beat.

Profile Picture Maryvicd@gmail.com, 9/19/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Johnny Stuart is hands down, amazing. From our first contact to the actual event, my fiance (now wife!) and I had absolute trust in our wedding DJ. He was incredibly responsive, answered any question we had and, of course most importantly, delivered in spades on the day of the event.

DJ Johnny delivered us a top-notch, fun, incredible party. He incorporated our desired playlist with ease and professionalism and also acted as a de facto MC when needed. Johnny Stuart is a master at his business and my wife and I have no hesitation recommending him for whatever and whenever a party needs to happen.

Johnny was so easy to work with - no BS no put-offs - he displayed a singular desire to deliver to us the experience we wanted. We had the time of our lives and DJ Johnny was a huge part of that.

In short, he knows his stuff, knows how to get folks on their feet, and will never, ever disappoint. If our experience is any benchmark, one would be foolish not to hire him for any event.

Best -
Guy & Marissa Rader - Astoria, NY

Profile Picture Guy, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

It was a true pleasure working with Johnny for our special day. From the moment we first met with him to our big day, he was super attentive and ensured we felt at ease. A week before our wedding I decided to surprise my husband-to-be with a band performance and when I informed Johnny of the change of plans he was extremely supportive and even volunteered to reach out to the band leader to ensure everything ran smoothly on our wedding day. On our big day the band was caught in traffic for over an hour and Johnny was able to filled in with an early dance set playing their style of music where they were supposed to play a set without skipping a beat. We rescheduled the whole evening like nothing ever even happened and it was even more amazing!! I would highly recommend him and can't wait to throw another party so we can work together again!

Profile Picture Joanne, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I have the best things to say about Johnny. He was the utmost professional from our first meeting. He is very diligent and timely - he kept me on track with all the needed paperwork and itinerary. We had traditional dancers with announcements where timing was crucial for guests' surprises and he adhered to everything to the microsecond! Amazing - he promised he would b/c of his experience in fashion and he DELIVERED!!!!! The guests loved him too - so many compliments! He also complied completely with my playlist and do-not-play list and made sure he understood everything in advance!

Profile Picture Kate, 6/7/14, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

We got married in NYC in may, but organised the whole thing from Ecuador, South America. He recommended places where we could have our wedding, along with a lot of tips four our big night. It was a very singular wedding, since guests flew in from all around the world, making it a very diverse and multicultural event. The place he personally helped us pick turned out to be amazing, the food was great, but the music was the central entertainment. Everybody felt connected to the music, and Johnny created an energetic environment full of dance and laughter. We gave him a list of the music we wanted, and he mixed it to perfection. We absolutely recommend him for anyone looking for the greatest wedding DJ!

Profile Picture Kenneth, 5/23/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Johnny was very helpful and responsive during the preparations leading up to our wedding in Jersey City, NJ in May 2014. He has a vast knowledge of song styles and can match what you want your overall theme to be perfectly with his choice of songs. He also seamlessly weaved in the specific songs we wanted to include in our reception and ceremony. Johnny was expert in coordinating our live singer with her needs of music tracks and sound. Johnny had the perfect mix of upbeat and slow songs and knew exactly how and when to play them to add to the overall success of our day. Johnny has done several large events for us in the past few years from 60- 200 people and has always been professional and amazingly helpful and fun! We are a gay couple and it was very important for us to have a DJ that would be excited about working with us to create a special day. DJ Johnny came thru in every way possible and we would highly recommend him and his services to any couple looking to have a great experience. There is only one DJ and his name is....Johnny Stuart!

Profile Picture Gary, 5/4/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Johnny did an awesome job at our wedding in September in Montauk!!

First, during our preparation period, Johnny checked in with us regularly to discuss the day and agenda. Because we had so much stuff going on, we were staying behind big time!! Thanks to Johnny for staying on top of it. We are supper appreciative!

In addition, he was able to grasp exactly what we were looking for. We wanted a chill and not too traditional flow of the enter wedding. He gave us lots of awesome suggestions!

On the day, he was super on time. Played exactly what we were looking for. Our guests especially loved his deep voice :) We had an awesome day Johnny thanks so much!!

Profile Picture Ronnie, 9/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Johnny kept the party going all night!!

He was easy to work with, super flexible when we were scheduling meetings, had as many prep conversations with us as we needed, put together a detailed timeline with every song we wanted to play for all of the key moments, and did a great job with music at the cocktail hour, throughout dinner, and then had people on the dance floor until 2am!! Even our parents and older relatives were dancing.

DJ Johnny is well worth his fee and THEN SOME! Don't waste your money on a huge band when all you need is one amazing DJ!

Profile Picture ashley, 9/1/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I could not be happier that we found DJ Johnny! Johnny was the DJ at our wedding last weekend, and I can honestly say that everyone had the time of their lives! The dance floor was packed from start to finish, and Johnny put together an amazing play list.

Johnny was so much fun to work with from start to finish - he has a great energy, and he was also so responsive to all of my questions and requests. He worked his best to make sure that we were 100% happy with his services, and the wedding was a big hit, in large part thanks to him!

If you want a great party where guests will dance all night, Johnny is definitely the way to go!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/24/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I have to start by saying that I don't usually posts reviews, and I'm also not easily pleased. BUT, I remember thinking during the wedding, "Oh my god this is AMAZING, I have to post something!" The dance floor was packed from start to finish the entire time. Everyone from younger friends whom I expected to dance, to my 70 year-old mom and relatives of all ages from different countries had so much fun. We had two distinct "cultures" represented and he somehow found songs that made everyone beyond happy. It was like an entire night of those songs where you just have to get up and dance. I heard, "Where did you find this guy? He's GREAT!" from everyone both during and after the wedding! We truly had the best night, better than we even imagined and Johnny was at the helm and as excited as we were. The wedding reception went 2 hours longer (!) because we were having so much fun and it was no problem for him - nothing was! He also didn't let just anyone to grab the mic to make a speech without our approval, which I appreciated. Wedding planning can be stressful and Johnny could not have made it any easier- the consummate professional from start to finish. He got us organized on other aspects too and felt like a wedding planner!
During our DJ search we met with part-timers from entertainment companies who ALL pushed the "lighting package." We wanted a classy and sophisticated - but still very fun - wedding and thank god we found Johnny who knew without asking that we did not want strobe lights! He did the ceremony music too which was great. He responded to my emails seemingly immediately and we're SO glad we found him. It was more like he was a friend who happened to be a fantastic DJ than someone we hired - not an easy find.
Simply put, we looked around A LOT and you won't find a more organized, professional, responsive, and enthusiastic DJ anywhere. It was really the most fun night ever because of him. I don't remember doing anything but dancing!

Profile Picture Deborah, 11/17/12, 2 Reviews