26 Reviews for DJ Jim Severance

Microphones (4)
Sound/PA System (4)
Do-Not-Play List (2)
26 DJ Jim Severance Reviews

I highly recommend DJ Jim Severance. He was fun, flexible, and created exactly the musical enjoyment I asked for. He was so great, I spent much of the evening answering "Who is this DJ? He's so fun!!" It seemed he had whatever songs we asked for and kept us on the dance floor until we just couldn't dance any more. I'd book him for my next event without hesitation!

Profile Picture Lisa , 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim was amazing. Our top concern was making sure all of our guests were excited by the music. We had guests from all over the country and of all ages, and he somehow knew how to keep everyone engaged and dancing the whole night. He suggested we meet prior to the wedding, and I suggest you meet with him as well to collaborate and walk through the timeline together. He was great at melding our ideas with his expertise to make it a perfect night for us and our guests.

Profile Picture Maria, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our wedding was a couple of weeks ago and we cannot say enough good things about DJ Jim Severance. Throughout the planning process, he was very accommodating to our schedule and responded to questions almost immediately. He listens to what you want and even takes it the next step further to give ideas on how to make it better. From the very beginning we knew we made the right choice, and if we had to do it all over again, no doubt we would go with Jim. Thank you a million times for everything!!!

Profile Picture Haley, 7/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Jim was the perfect DJ for our wedding! Through emails and a meeting prior to the wedding, he really got a sense of the music we wanted for the cocktail hour and reception. Jim made sure the dance floor was never empty, and was one of the easiest vendors we worked with!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation

Jim has done many weddings for our family, and every time we are happy with everything!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim Severance was our DJ at our wedding reception recently. I was extremely impressed with his professionalism and that he was willing to work with me from over 1000 miles away as I was planning my wedding from a different state! He was so flexible, responded quickly to emails, and helped me figure out the timeline for our wedding day. I can honestly say I loved every song he played during our reception, and he was so accommodating to a few special requests that I had! He did a superb job, and I could honestly tell that he loves what he does. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 1/2/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation

Jim Severence just worked my daughters wedding and he did a perfect job we were lucky to find him

Profile Picture User5516057, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim was great, worked very well with us. Professional, fun, listened to our requests and made great suggestions. Highly recommend

Profile Picture DENISE, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jim was perfect. We were in constant contact for 3 months plus leading up to the wedding. We were unable to meet in person before the wedding because of my location but we talked on the phone and made a very detailed timeline. Jim took great notes and sent me all his notes for review. I reviewed, filled in the blanks of things I had left missing and he was able to accommodate everything we wanted.
Jim was very flexible, our timeline changed more than once throughout the night and he was able to adjust on the fly and it did not bother him at all. He played great music during dinner and had everyone up on their feet dancing during the reception.
He was very nice and was always checking in with to make sure things were to our liking.
I highly recommend Jim for any event that requires a DJ, he was excellent!

Profile Picture Zach, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jim was the DJ at our wedding reception, and I couldn't be happier with our selection. Leading up to our wedding Jim was very organized and helped us outline our special day. He was very responsive to emails, and accommodating of our last minute song changes and selections. Everything during the reception went so smoothly (wedding party announcements, toasts, first dances, cake cutting, bouquet toss) and that's all thanks to Jim and his organization and preparedness for our event. The dance floor was full all night and he did an excellent job with feeling out the crowd and playing music to keep everyone entertained. I personally danced the night away and had an unforgettable night! Thank you Jim for an amazing evening you're the BEST! Highly recommend:)

Profile Picture Shannon, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim was a great DJ for our wedding. He was easy-going, flexible, and personal. My husband and I met up with him and discussed the overall feeling and tone of our wedding. He took notes, made helpful suggestions, and made a real effort to get to know the two of us and just we wanted for our wedding day. We instantly felt like we had chosen a great DJ; he made us feel at ease right away and we left the initial meeting feeling confident and worry-free about his services.
From then on--from the first meeting to the wedding day--he was communicative, responsive and incredibly flexible with our needs and desires. He set up in two locations (private residence), and everything sounded terrific and flowed perfectly. We had a flashmob right after the first dance, and he really played along with it--made it feel spontaneous and fun!
He had a wonderful energy during the reception and he got everyone dancing. Really, everyone. There wasn't an empty seat. He read the crowd, played all the right songs, and kept the energy high the entire night. He was a great vendor through and through.

Profile Picture Meredith, 8/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jim was a GREAT DJ! He was able to provide music for my ceremony sort of last minute and it was exactly like I wanted it to be. He played a great selection of music and my guests really enjoyed it. Thanks again Jim!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim got everyone dancing at my wedding! What else can you ask for in a DJ! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Nicolette, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim was a wonderful DJ at our wedding. He was extremely helpful and worked efficiently with us because we were planning the entire thing from out of state. He made it one less thing that we had to stress about and his work on that day was perfect. everything was flawless and our guests loved him as well.

Profile Picture Bonni and Edd, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim was a great DJ. He was very responsive about our song requests and also mixed in a good number of dance songs to keep people up and dancing throughout the evening. He was very helpful as we were not very familiar with the wedding music process (i.e. choosing appropriate songs for our entrance, cocktail hour, pie-cutting, etc.) and he offered some thoughtful suggestions. Jim was great with our guests and played a wonderful blend of music that everyone enjoyed. It was a great night and we could not have asked for a better DJ!

Profile Picture User4447880, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jim Severance did an excellent job, working with me ahead of time to make sure we were on the same page of what our expectations were and what he could/would provide. He is easy to work with, very laid back and professional. He even found a song I wanted at the last minute the day of the wedding reception party!! He played great songs and everyone danced for 4 hours straight!

Profile Picture User4352468, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We provided a list of requests which were all played - great experience for all!

Profile Picture User4240005, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim was awesome and very accommodating. Neither my wife or I had been to a wedding and sort of relied on him to help things go smoothly. The day could not have gone better and the dance floor was packed start to finish. I have already been recommending people to him and would gladly use his services in the future for any event that might come up.

Profile Picture Dennis, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim was great! Beyond expectations and we would recommend his Mobile DJ service to everyone!

Profile Picture User3557069, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim did an AMAZING job at my wedding! He met with us in person and was always available by phone or email to ensure we got exactly what we wanted! His party lights and uplighting set the mood perfectly, and he really got everyone up and dancing and having a great time!

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/17/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Jim was AMAZING! He did my parents wedding before mine and they loved him, it was the only one we would pick. Any family wedding is all Jim! So fun, and energetic, he was awesome.

Profile Picture User3592161, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim was a FANTASTIC DJ. I found him online after months of putting off booking a DJ because they were all so expensive. Jim's rate was so much more reasonable than some of the other DJs I found - literally almost half other quotes. We signed a contract 6 months before my wedding. Over the next few months, I gathered requests from family and friends, especially some Haitian music requests from my family. Jim was not exactly familiar with the Haitian music (and to be honest, neither was I), so I was a little worried about his ability to combine it with the Vermont-y music and top 40 songs I was hoping for, but he did a GREAT job. From the moment that dancefloor was opened to our guests, it was packed. Jim's style of speech announcing each shift in the night was not ostentatious in the least, and his ability to read the crowd for the music choices was fantastic. I am so so so glad Jim was the DJ for our wedding.

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/31/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Responds in a timely matter and is very flexible with your needs and requests!!

Profile Picture Shannon, 6/5/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Thank you Jim! Great job DJing at our wedding! Everyone had a fun time! You played a lot of the songs that were on our list!

Profile Picture User4384217, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews