DJ Jim Severance Reviews

DJ Jim Severance 2
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 09/14/2019

Such a fun party!

I am so pleased with Jim's DJ services for our wedding. He was super helpful in planning our event and did a fantastic job MCing and keeping everyone dancing all night long! Jim was even able to accommodate a last minute request for a mic hook up for our ceremony. Even better, Jim was extremely reasonably priced. I would absolutely recommend Jim for your event!

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Kevin

Kevin D'anna · Married on 08/24/2019

Fantastic wedding 8/24/19

Jim was absolutely amazing he got the crowd involved and did a great job with music selection. He was willing to do what ever needed done honestly he helped us out a lot being as we planned the wedding ourselves and really did not know all that much about weddings. Jim was a great resource if you don't book Jim you are just plain silly.

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 08/18/2019

August 17th, 2019 Wedding!

Jim was amazing! The selection of music he choose was perfectly fitting with the style of music we wanted at our wedding! The entire evening Jim assisted to make sure there was a smooth transition with certain events happening while also ensuring our guests were up dancing. Jim did our ceremony music at a separate location which was so helpful. He was also very useful in planning our wedding day and timeline. We had so much fun at our wedding and truly enjoyed ourselves, Jim Severance made this possible! Thank you Jim! - Mr. & Mrs. Taylor

Sent on 08/26/2019

Maria · Married on 07/07/2019

Great DJ that had everyone on the dance floor!

Jim had our guests on the dance floor all night! I had many guests tell me they loved the music. Jim was great to work with and he listened to what we wanted in a DJ/song choices and did an amazing job. He helped keep the night on schedule but wasn’t on the mic too much he.. a perfect balance. Would definitely recommend him!!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 06/22/2019

Fantastic!

DJ Jim was an awesome addition to our wedding! He really knew what he was doing and it showed - all of our announcements, dances, etc. went perfectly. We gave him a playlist to go off of and the dance floor stayed active with happy guests all evening! Thank you, Jim!

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Keagan

Keagan Neeland · Married on 06/02/2019

Such a great DJ!

Jim took into consideration all of our ideas and what type of music we wanted played to create the perfect playlist that flowed seamlessly throughout the night. He made the process so simple and stress-free. The price was also very affordable compared to many other DJs we researched. The music was one of the main reasons why we enjoyed our wedding day so much! We are very happy with his services and highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/06/2019

Angela Earle · Married on 04/14/2019

The best Dj around!!!

My Husband & I highly recommend Jim. He did an AWESOME job & we would be pleased to hire him for all our Dj needs.

Sent on 04/28/2019

Julie Straub · Married on 10/15/2018

Great value

Jim was great to work with! He was timely and professional and made the whole experience easy! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 10/06/2018

DJ Jim is amazing!!!!

DJ Jim was great to work with. He was very flexible when we had to change the start of the reception due to rain and he was able to keep the guests dancing all night. He took our song list and was able to add additional songs that complimented them very well. Since the wedding we have been told by many people how amazing and fun our DJ was. Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 10/25/2018
  • Z

zach · Married on 08/25/2018

Jim was fantastic, he had a long phone call with me and my wife to work out the details. He listened carefully to all of our requests to make sure he was playing the music we wanted and the style we wanted. We specifically asked him to not play any slow songs because we wanted people dancing all night and he delivered!! Would recommend Jim to anyone.

Sent on 09/26/2018
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 08/04/2018

Captured Our Vision

Jim Severance was an amazing DJ at an affordable price. My husband and I were resigned to have to do our own music due to budget constraints but then we found DJ Jim Severance. He was very thorough in gathering details and our musical tastes, which was great because my husband has very particular tastes and he actually danced more than I've ever seen. We were unable to meet in person but Jim was flexible and able to discuss details over the phone. Overall we were very happy with the quality of his services especially for the price!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Rebecca · Married on 07/21/2018

DJ Jim Severance was a great addition to our wedding! He really brought the party! He was very reasonably priced, friendly, flexible, and receptive. He was able to provide us with song suggestions as well as take our request into account. We highly recommend DJ Jim Severance. Thanks again for making our day so special!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Molly · Married on 06/02/2018

Jim is a fantastic DJ!!!! Having a great DJ for a wedding is often overlooked but REALLY important for a great wedding reception. DJ Jim got everyone on the dance floor and made it an amazing reception. We booked him after seeing his work in action at our friend's wedding, and we were so impressed with him. Thanks Jim for helping to create wonderful memories!!!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Lisa · Married on 05/19/2018

I highly recommend DJ Jim Severance. He was fun, flexible, and created exactly the musical enjoyment I asked for. He was so great, I spent much of the evening answering "Who is this DJ? He's so fun!!" It seemed he had whatever songs we asked for and kept us on the dance floor until we just couldn't dance any more. I'd book him for my next event without hesitation!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Maria · Married on 05/05/2018

Jim was amazing. Our top concern was making sure all of our guests were excited by the music. We had guests from all over the country and of all ages, and he somehow knew how to keep everyone engaged and dancing the whole night. He suggested we meet prior to the wedding, and I suggest you meet with him as well to collaborate and walk through the timeline together. He was great at melding our ideas with his expertise to make it a perfect night for us and our guests.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/07/2017

DJ Severance was fantastic. Kept the music going from start to finish and all of our guests were raving! Very professional and responsive to all of our concerns and questions! Everyone had a great time!

Sent on 10/21/2017
    DJ Jim Severance 3
    DJ Jim Severance 4

Haley · Married on 07/21/2017

Our wedding was a couple of weeks ago and we cannot say enough good things about DJ Jim Severance. Throughout the planning process, he was very accommodating to our schedule and responded to questions almost immediately. He listens to what you want and even takes it the next step further to give ideas on how to make it better. From the very beginning we knew we made the right choice, and if we had to do it all over again, no doubt we would go with Jim. Thank you a million times for everything!!!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Sarah · Married on 11/05/2016

Jim was the perfect DJ for our wedding! Through emails and a meeting prior to the wedding, he really got a sense of the music we wanted for the cocktail hour and reception. Jim made sure the dance floor was never empty, and was one of the easiest vendors we worked with!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Caitlin · Married on 10/21/2016

Jim has done many weddings for our family, and every time we are happy with everything!

Sent on 10/25/2016

DJ Jim Severance's reply:

Thanks for the great time for an amazing couple

Jim Severance was our DJ at our wedding reception recently. I was extremely impressed with his professionalism and that he was willing to work with me from over 1000 miles away as I was planning my wedding from a different state! He was so flexible, responded quickly to emails, and helped me figure out the timeline for our wedding day. I can honestly say I loved every song he played during our reception, and he was so accommodating to a few special requests that I had! He did a superb job, and I could honestly tell that he loves what he does. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Jim Severence just worked my daughters wedding and he did a perfect job we were lucky to find him

Sent on 10/12/2015

Jim was great, worked very well with us. Professional, fun, listened to our requests and made great suggestions. Highly recommend

Sent on 09/28/2015
  • Z

Zach · Married on 09/19/2015

Jim was perfect. We were in constant contact for 3 months plus leading up to the wedding. We were unable to meet in person before the wedding because of my location but we talked on the phone and made a very detailed timeline. Jim took great notes and sent me all his notes for review. I reviewed, filled in the blanks of things I had left missing and he was able to accommodate everything we wanted.
    Jim was very flexible, our timeline changed more than once throughout the night and he was able to adjust on the fly and it did not bother him at all. He played great music during dinner and had everyone up on their feet dancing during the reception.
    He was very nice and was always checking in with to make sure things were to our liking.
    I highly recommend Jim for any event that requires a DJ, he was excellent!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Shannon · Married on 09/05/2015

Jim was the DJ at our wedding reception, and I couldn't be happier with our selection. Leading up to our wedding Jim was very organized and helped us outline our special day. He was very responsive to emails, and accommodating of our last minute song changes and selections. Everything during the reception went so smoothly (wedding party announcements, toasts, first dances, cake cutting, bouquet toss) and that's all thanks to Jim and his organization and preparedness for our event. The dance floor was full all night and he did an excellent job with feeling out the crowd and playing music to keep everyone entertained. I personally danced the night away and had an unforgettable night! Thank you Jim for an amazing evening you're the BEST! Highly recommend:)

Sent on 09/25/2015