DJ Graeme Ritchie Reviews

33 | Providence, RI

33 Reviews for DJ Graeme Ritchie

Melody · Getting married on 07/01/2020

exceptional service

We had the pleasure of having Graeme DJ our wedding at The Atlantic Resort in Middletown, RI in late August of this year. My husband and I have very eclectic music taste from reggae to EDM music and Graeme fulfilled all of our requests. The before-hand planning was so simple with Graeme. He had great suggestions that made a big difference at the reception. Our biggest compliment from guests at our wedding were the fact that the dance floor was crowded and the life of the party throughout the event. It really was the best night of our lives and Graeme was a big part of that!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Kate Ruprecht · Getting married on 12/10/2019

The best party ever

My husband and I had some strong opinions about the music that should be played at our wedding - for example, no classic wedding songs or oldies. We asked Graeme to cater to the younger crew at our wedding (70% of our wedding guests were 35 or younger) and he delivered. Once we opened the dance floor I never saw anyone sitting down again for the rest of the night. The tent rental company had told me that the dance floor I wanted to rent was much larger then needed for our weddings size but Graeme was able to keep it full and even over flowing all night long. He knows how to throw a party!!!

In addition we had an outdoor ceremony and even though the wedding wasn't particularity large (98 guests) the space he needed to make music & sound work for was very large and far away from an electrical source. Graeme worked directly with my venue to ensure he had everything he needed to make the day go off without a hitch.

Sent on 10/14/2019

DJ Graeme Ritchie's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Kate! You, Bryan and all of your guests were an absolute pleasure to work with. Congratulations to you both!!!
  • Bocachica

Kate · Married on 08/31/2019

Graeme made it a party!

We are still getting compliments about the music at our wedding. DJ Graeme did a fabulous job at getting people dancing early and keeping them on the dance floor all night long. We've had so many people tell us "I wanted to get a drink but I couldn't leave the dance floor because good songs kept coming on!" He listened to what we wanted (and didn't want!), honored that, and was an absolute pleasure to work with.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Annie · Married on 05/04/2019

Talented, professional, and knows how to get people dancing!

DJ Graeme was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We met with him before the big day to discuss what we were looking for. We went back and forth a few weeks before the wedding with "play" and "do not play" songs. Although I know that many couples prefer the DJ to run the show (and I, without a doubt, believe Graeme to be more than talented to do this successfully), it was important to my husband and me that it didn't feel like a middle school dance in the way of too many announcements, etc. Graeme was more than receptive to this and our other needs and wants. He was so professional and so courteous. We got multiple compliments about how great he was and how well he was able to read the mood in the room and plan accordingly based on our "please play" songs. One of our wedding goals was for people not to leave the dance floor, and Graeme helped us reach that goal! We got praise weeks after for how many people were dancing late into the night and how fitting the music was to really bring the energy for the final moments. DJ Graeme knows what he's doing and will make sure you have the night of your lives!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/20/2018

Awesome DJ!

Graeme was awesome! Such a genuinely nice guy and an amazing DJ! He kept people on the dance floor the entire night and our friends and family can’t stop talking about how fun our wedding was! He played a mix of music for the many ages we had at our reception but stuck to our list so we heard what we wanted! I highly recommend Graeme and if we ever need another DJ for an event it will definitely be him!!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Matthew

Matthew Gorman · Married on 09/08/2018

Professional, experienced, energetic, perfect

When we hired DJ Graeme we weren’t just looking for someone to run through a pre-selected playlist for a few hours, we wanted someone who was going to bring organization, expertise and most importantly ENERGY to our wedding night. What we got was all of that and more. We challenged him with separate themes for our cocktail hour, seated dinner and the dancing portion of the night. He was able to take our vision and use his seemingly endless knowledge of music of all genres to seamlessly run with it. Graeme was instrumental in developing the timeline of the evening and provided invaluable insight to the flow of the night and how to make the most of the time we had. The truest testament to how great Graeme was could be seen on the dance floor. Of the 120 guests I can safely say over 100 people were on the dance floor at any given time throughout the night. Watching a bunch of people that in many cases had never met dance the night away was one of the best surprises of the night. It takes a truly special talent to achieve that. Nobody that was at that wedding has stopped talking about it and I could not recommend Graeme enough for being such a big part of it.

Sent on 10/15/2018

DJ Graeme Ritchie's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Matt! I really appreciate you and Courtney taking the time to write this review. Your wedding was such a blast! I wish you both all the best, and please keep in touch!

Many thanks,

- Graeme

Sam · Married on 06/17/2018

We absolutely loved Graeme! He met with us prior to the wedding, and we identified a "must play" list, and a "must not play" list. After that, we gave him our general style and tone, and he built a custom playlist from there. The music was great, he read the crowd and adjusted when needed, and most importantly, he facilitated the evening without being intrusive or the center of attention. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone needing DJ services!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Hannah · Married on 05/26/2018

5 stars all around! Graeme DJ’ed at my mother’s wedding back in 2016, so when I was getting married in the Spring of 2018, I knew exactly who I wanted to DJ at my wedding. Graeme is such a sweetheart, and not only did he cater to my needs as a stressed out bride, but he took the reigns during the event, so I wouldn’t have to worry about a thing. Super professional, polite, and very talented. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/22/2017

DJ Graeme was amazing! Our ceremony and reception music was perfect. Everything ran so smoothly. I emailed Graeme a bunch of times and he was always very prompt in his response. We can't thank him enough and would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 02/19/2018

Emily · Married on 07/29/2017

Graeme was awesome from the day we met him at a local restaurant to
    discuss the music for our wedding day. We had a great time discussing the
    music for our special day and Graeme not only completely got our style off
    the bat but also was super excited about our wedding. We felt like we had
    been friends for years! Graeme made everything really easy for us—he sent
    us a simple form to fill out to note songs we definitely wanted to hear,
    songs for the big moments and our bridal party lineup. A couple nights
    before the wedding Graeme gave us a quick call to review our day which was
    very helpful as naturally our minds were going in a million different
    directions. He had everything covered and then some! The day of our
    wedding was absolutely amazing! I am getting teary eyed thinking about it.
    Graeme was such a huge part of our wedding day we felt like he was an
    extension of our bridal party! He nailed every special moment, coordinated
    our bridal party and did an awesome job checking in with us ensuring
    everything was going the way we imagined. One of my favorite moments of
    our wedding was at the end of the night when Graeme checked in with me to
    see if it would be a good time to play a song from Paul Simon’s Graceland
    album that held a special place in my heart. It was the perfect ending to
    an incredible wedding day! Graeme had everyone up and dancing up until the
    very end. Our guests couldn’t stop commenting on how great the music, how
    much it represented our style and asked us for the playlist! What more
    could we ask for?! There is no question Graeme will make your wedding day
    everything you dreamt of and more. We can’t wait to send the playlist to
    our guests!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Vince · Married on 06/10/2017

Graeme did an awesome job as DJ for our reception!! He was so receptive to all of our ideas for the setlist, and worked them into the mix seamlessly. Everyone was dancing all night long!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Shannen · Married on 05/21/2017

DJ Graeme is really passionate about what he does, & it shows through his work. Graeme was always there to answer any questions or to adjust his playlist for any last minute decisions. During the night of our rehearsal dinner we realized we needed an additional song for our ceremony that was never discussed. I contacted Graeme that night, & he immediately found the song & added it to his list for the ceremony without any issues. During our meeting with Graeme, he really took the time to get to know my [now] husband & I. He made sure to understand who we are as a couple. He learned that we are big country fans & of the strong Christian faith. We were so pleased while eating dinner at our wedding, to then hear some of our favorite country & modern Christian songs playing quietly in the background.

On our wedding day, as the best man & maid of honor speeches were about to begin, there was a little mishap (totally my fault!). Graeme gave us a form to fill out with all of the information of our wedding party’s names, who is making speeches, etc. Well, I accidentally forgot to add that there was a 3rd person giving a speech. Long story short, Graeme did an amazing job fixing the issue & improvising on the spot, thus getting the 3rd speech in before dinner was served. Throughout the night that Graeme was able to read the crowd with the music. I mean, he played one Backstreet Boys song (90s jams are awesome) & from there, the dance floor was PACKED for the rest of the night.

My husband & I had the time of our lives on our wedding day!! To be completely honest, DJ Graeme was the glue to it all. He held everything, & everyone (great vendor to vendor communication) together throughout the whole event. We seriously recommend DJ Graeme! He is an honest, humble, super genuine guy who’s just doing what he loves. What more could you ask for? Thank you Graeme for EVERYTHING you did for us & every day leading up to our special day. We are SO very blessed to have found you!!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Rose · Married on 10/22/2016

DJ Graeme was amazing!!! From the first time my now husband and I talked to him we loved him! He was so friendly and laid back and really listened to what we wanted! After our initial phone interview we exchanged emails back and forth for months. When it finally came to our in person meeting, we were even happier with our decision. It didn't even feel like a meeting, it felt like meeting a friend after work for a beer. Even though it had been months since our phone interview, Graeme remembered everything that we had said. He had a lot of song recommendations because I needed some serious help.

I was making changes up until the day before the wedding and was probably driving him nuts but he never let on. He had all of our changes ready for the big day.

Originally we were supposed to get married outside but due to the weather it had to be moved inside. Graeme didn't skip a beat. He showed up and although we had never showed him the inside location he managed to get everything set up and ready to go for the ceremony.

As for the reception, I cannot say enough good things!!! So many of our friends and family members have told us that our wedding was one of the funnest they had been to and we owe that completely to Graeme. The dance floor was packed all night!!! There was even a chant at the end of the night for "One More Song!" because no one wanted to stop dancing (which Graeme happily obliged)!

We really didn't give Graeme much guidance and he still managed to Wow our guests. He played a perfect blend of older songs and recent songs. If you are looking for a wedding DJ that will keep your guests up and dancing all night then Graeme is definitely your guy!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Donna · Married on 09/24/2016

LOVE GRAEME!
    I hate that it took me so long to rave about this DJ to Wedding Wire. DJ Graeme was our DJ in September of 2016 at Greenvale Vineyards in Portsmouth, RI. It was a smaller wedding (50 people) in a small venue. Graeme kept the party intimate and fun at all the right times. He is very professional, prompt and extremely easy to work with. He replied to all of our concerns and inquiries super quick via e-mail or telephone. Our family and guests had many great things to say about out choice of DJ and variety of music played. We had something for everyone!

Sent on 06/02/2017

Maegan · Married on 06/25/2016

Graeme did an amazing job at our Wedding! He came totally prepared and everyone had a blast! I would book Graeme as soon as you can!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Jacquee · Married on 05/31/2015

Graeme was amazing! We could not have hired a better DJ for our wedding. Planning our big day with him was easy, because he was so attentive and responsive to all of our requests. When our wedding day came, he had the dance floor packed all night! There was plenty of variety in the songs, which appealed to all of our guests, young and old. The best part was his ability to read the crowd, knowing when to keep the energy up and when it was time for a break. Our family and friends are still talking about how much fun they had. We can't thank him enough, and I promise you won't regret choosing him for you event!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Susan · Married on 11/15/2014

Graeme Ritchie is an amazing DJ! He was very responsive via e-mail and called to finalize our first round of plans/contract. He was more than willing to work within our budget. He was very helpful regarding song selection and was super understanding when it took us quite a bit of time to select all of our songs (we e-mailed him the week before with all of our requests/selections) and everything still turned out PERFECT. At the wedding, he played exactly what we asked for. During dinner, the music was loud enough to enjoy but quiet enough for people to still have conversations. He helped move our reception along as well as we moved from first dances to speeches to bouquet toss/garter toss. He was so wonderful. And when it was time to dance, the music he played was great! Perfect dance music, appropriate for my whole family but still catchy. The dance floor was packed! Graeme is just absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend him. He is kind and understanding and you'll feel so at ease with him.

Sent on 12/14/2014

Graeme was great! He was on time, everything went smoothly, and guests enjoyed the music. He even honored a special request for my cousin to sing a song.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Kari · Married on 08/15/2014

DJ Graeme is a one of a kind DJ who made it his mission to provide my (now) wife and myself with the perfect wedding day. From the very start Graeme was responsive, easy to talk to and really listened to what we wanted. The planning process was simple with Graeme taking into account what we wanted to hear, along with adding his two cents to make sure the music appealed to different generations.

The day of he was their early, dressed to impress and ready to go. By the time they had served the appetizer Graeme had everyone on the dance floor and I don't think anyone left it until the very end of the night. Graeme also knows how to balance being in the background while also emceeing some of the bigger events. This is not the type of DJ to take the attention off of the bride and groom.

One of my favorite parts is how he ended up playing an extra two songs after our "last" song because the crowd demanded it! I never expected to have so many people come up to me afterwards and let me know how much they loved the setlist and the DJ.

Graeme is one of a kind, and anyone couple would be lucky to book him for their special day. I also want to mention that we're so happy we chose Graeme over the other ultra-corporate DJ companies that we met with. There was no nickel and diming with Graeme and he was able to give us much more attention/personalization.

Sent on 08/29/2014

Graeme was so great!!! He always responded quickly to emails etc, which for a bride trying to plan everything was such a relief!! Everyone danced all night! Whenever people bring up my wedding they say they have never danced so much!! The music was great!! He also did a great job mc-ing the event as well and allowed use of the speakers for a video the father of the bride had put together. He was a delight to work with and we would again!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Steven · Married on 08/09/2014

Graeme was outstanding in every way.

Sent on 05/25/2015

Andrew · Married on 10/19/2013

Graeme was the DJ for a friend's wedding and we liked him so much we hired him for our own wedding. (Another couple at the same wedding actually did the same thing.)

As we planned for the day he was fantastic at listening to what we wanted, and on the day he exceeded our expectations, spinning a great evening of music and dancing.

He's amiable, professional, responsive, and just really damn great. I highly recommend Graeme.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Kaitlin · Married on 10/12/2013

Music is essential at any event, especially a wedding! We planned a Cape Cod wedding from Charlotte,NC..... Needless to say (stressful making everything come together from such a far distance!) Thankfully the DJ/music aspect was stress-free! Graeme made our evening so special, he paid close attention to our wishes on the DO PLAY and DO NOT PLAY list. Our song choices may have been odd, but he still played them as requested (and even the right versions!) I must say though, the Cha Cha Slide was my favorite dance of the night. Graeme was a blast! Hopefully my friends will all get married and use him so we can dance our butts off again. Couldn't be more thankful!! Book him now for your next event!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Mary-Stuart · Married on 10/05/2013

Graeme is amazing!! He plays the best songs - truly, we danced the entire night away! Every guest was on the dance floor and LOVING it! Graeme was super easy to work with (both in the early stages as we worked out the details and on the day of) - he's incredibly nice, super fun and has an infectious personality that makes you certain you've picked the right man for the job! I cannot say enough good things about Graeme, and I'll continue to recommend him highly. Act fast here brides-to-be - you need to book DJ Graeme for your wedding! You will not be disappointed!

(We loved him so much, in fact, that we hired him to DJ my 30th birthday party too!!)

Sent on 10/24/2013

Allison · Married on 09/15/2013

Graeme was a pleasure to work with. He was very open to what we wanted to hear and if he didn't have the music we wanted, he found it for us. He kept everyone on the dance floor the whole time. He was a great MC and very professional. I would definitely hire him again!

Sent on 05/13/2015