DJ Digital Dave Reviews

DJ Digital Dave 3
DJ Digital Dave 4
  • Raechel

Raechel · Married on 07/27/2019

Look no further for a truly unique DJ!

If you want a truly unique DJ who shatters the idea of a “wedding DJ” look no further than Digital Dave!!
    From the start I had a very specific idea of what I wanted my wedding DJ to be like. I couldn’t stand your traditional wedding DJ...when I thought of one I thought of a cheesy old dude with no clue about popular music and how to mix.
    I knew I wanted it to feel like you were at a nightclub at my wedding. Basically any song I’d ever heard at a wedding before..I didn’t want at my wedding!
    And let me tell you Dave understood this PERFECTLY. We really bonded over our understanding for fun, upbeat, music.
    Dave has extensive experience DJing in the nightclub scene in Pgh and across the country so I knew he was my perfect fit.
    During my planning process Dave was very quick and responsive to my many long emails.
    He always responded with well thought out answers, which showed me he truly cared about what I was saying, and wanted to offer his help.
    We had a great in person meeting before the wedding to discuss our vision.
    The day of the wedding, Dave was 100% professional and accommodating. He came ready to work!
    He made sure to check in with me, my husband, and my other bridal party members and family to make sure everything was in line, and checked out.
    Which was so nice of him, and made me feel even more at ease.
    Our bridal party came out to “Whoomp There It Is” by Tag Team, and my husband and I made our grand entrance to “Where The Hood At” by DMX...and Dave KILLED IT! He was so down to work with the sound that we wanted for our “play list” and it was just awesome.
    I’d recommend Dave over and over again to anyone who dies at the thought of your average wedding DJ...he’s leaps and bounds above the rest and your wedding will show for it!

THANK YOU Dave for being one of the BEST parts of our wedding!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Dina

Dina Licata · Married on 07/20/2019

Best DJ out there!!

DJ Digitial Dave was one of our very first vendors we booked and we were so happy and pleased with him as our DJ for our wedding. He's by far one of the best DJ's I've ever come across. He was all around amazing and our wedding wouldn't have been what it was without him. He is very professional and super talented to say the least. He was so easy to work with and got exactly what music we liked. We got so many compliments on how much people liked the music and had such a fun time. Our black and white patterned vinyl dance floor got a lot of use that night because of him.
    One thing I do regret is ending our reception at 11pm as I wish we had extended it to 11:30pm so we could dance more. This was our choice to end at 11pm and no one else's but had I known I would have extended it a bit more. I didn't want the night of fun to end!
    My husband and I would highly recommend him! Guests always remember the food and music and this holds true. He will make your wedding and guests will be talking about how much fun they had for years to come.

Sent on 10/04/2019

Justin · Married on 06/29/2019

Couldn’t have been better

He killed it. Everyone loved the music. Many compliment a people saying it was the best dj they’ve heard at any wedding. Easy to work with knew what he was doing and did it extremely well.

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Ever!!!!!

Can’t say enough about how great Dave was!!!! He kept the dance floor full all night, and are guests are still raving about the great music he played! Music was the thing I was most worried about at our wedding, because I had the least control over the choices. But Dave nailed it!!!!!!! We can’t wait to go see Dave when he comes to Chicago for a club appearance in November!!!!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Melanie · Married on 06/08/2019

The BEST Music and Amazing Service

Dave was so great to work with for our June Wedding - his playlist for the reception was absolute perfection: it fit our tastes and requests perfectly while keeping the dance floor packed all night. We had so many compliments on the DJ during the night and the next morning. But apart from the Music, Dave was also a complete professional and so easy to work with. He was responsive to emails and happily adjusted to our many last minute requests and changes. We had two ceremonies before the cocktail hour and reception and it was such a comfort to have Dave be there all day and know that the audio would be covered. He even was able to acquire additional microphones for us at the last minute. We highly recommend Digital Dave!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Kollin

Kollin Zitelli · Married on 06/07/2019

best DJ ever!

After a couple recommendations from family & friends, we decided to listen and book Dave for our June 2019 wedding in Pittsburgh. Dave was an awesome DJ! During the planning process, he was always quick to respond to my emails and answer any questions. I had a specific vibe of music I wanted played during cocktail hour & dinner service. The playlist he put together went above & beyond my expectations. During the reception, he would transition songs in such a cool, smooth way that I didn't know was even possible. I had guests coming up to me during the wedding all night saying how good the music was. If you're considering Dave as your DJ for your wedding, book him! You won't regret it.

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Angela

Angela Tignanelli · Married on 04/10/2019

So easy and fun to work with!

Dave was awesome to work with! He was very responsive and played all the songs and music genres we wanted. We received so many compliments from our wedding guests on how great the music was and how much fun hey had because of it. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Noderer · Married on 03/09/2019

I still hurt from dancing my face off.

Listen. Hiring DJ Digital Dave will be the best decision you make in planning your wedding. He KILLED it. We still have people telling us that he played the best music they’ve ever heard at a wedding. You can tell he has a real passion for creating fun and exhilarating experiences through music. Despite being a busy guy, he was always responsive to any messages, always willing to chat over the phone or set up a meeting. Though, to be honest, we really didn’t need to do too much pre-planning with him because we just trusted that he would do his thing.

Dave has a gift for reading the room and commanding the energy flow. He is a club DJ, so he mixes one song right into the next. As a result, our dance floor was NEVER empty. It was to the point where people didn’t want to leave because they didn’t want to miss out on the next song! Even Grammy was grooving on the dance floor. My husband and I also feel like Dave fully understood us and the vibe we wanted to create, just based on our Must Play songs and our conversations. We have a pretty eclectic taste in music ranging from typical pop guilty pleasures to Motown to new wave to classic rock. Dave SEAMLESSLY mixed all of these genres together and more. No awkward pauses, just moments of pure joy to the next. We really got the impression he was having just as much as fun as our guests!

When you have a DJ that flawlessly transitions from Carly Rae Jepson’s “Call Me Maybe” to Annie Lennox’s “Walking on Broken Glass” AND manages to sprinkle in The Clash, The Smiths, Biggie, and WU-TANG throughout the night, you’ve found yourself a winner.

Sent on 03/31/2019

Barb E · Married on 12/08/2018

Fantastic!!!

Digital Dave was fantastic! From the planning process to the night of the event he was perfect. His talent for just the right songs at just the right time as well as the lighting he was able to provide as perfect! We loved him so much we had him play at both of our daughters weddings!! I highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • David

David Hornreich · Married on 10/13/2018

If Dave is booked on your wedding date... get another wedding date

We selected Dave for our wedding from a long list of potential DJs after seeing some of his demo videos and speaking with him on the phone.

I'll cut to the chase: Dave absolutely killed it. From the moment dancing started, the dance floor was always packed (and we weren't a crowd that you'd necessarily expect to stay out on the floor all night).

Before the wedding, Dave had us fill out a sheet of "need to play, like to play, don't play" -- that's pretty typical. But what made a huge difference was that he met with us beforehand to review our answers, dig deeper, and make suggestions for improvements.

For example, a couple songs we'd said we wanted played during dancing weren't necessarily great dance songs, so he recommended we move them to dinner or the cocktail hour. All of his advice was totally spot on and improved the evening.

Dave also just "got us" based on the songs we chose. Even the songs he played that we hadn't requested were perfect fits for the crowd and the evening.

One thing Dave did that worked really well was playing some older songs (for the older crowd) with a little bit of a more contemporary beat mixed in. This kept the old folks out on the dance floor and got the younger folks out at the same time too.

It wasn't just the dancing part of the reception that was great, either -- Even during dinner, we had people coming up to us saying that the dinner music mix was the best they'd ever heard at a wedding.

One of my groomsmen owns a DJ company in another city and he even agreed that Dave did a stellar job.

We absolutely can't recommend Dave highly enough!

Sent on 11/04/2018
  • Alisha

Alisha · Married on 09/07/2018

Perfect!

Dave Lander aka DJ Digital Dave not only MET our expectations but he exceeded them immensely along with all 285 of our guests. I'm incredibly picky when it comes to the songs I want to dance to and we knew exactly what type of dance party we wanted which DJ Digital Dave hit it spot on. Even our guests continue to compliment the music at our wedding! Before our wedding, we met once as an introduction to go over what we wanted and he requested to meet a second time at our venue so that he could scope it out since it was a brand new venue and he never worked an event there. He was passionate and wanted to know exactly how to unload the equipment, set up and do a sound and light check. We also had him provide additional up-lighting that worked perfectly with our venue. He is THE BEST and we are so happy we chose him for our special day which we will forever hear how amazing our night was on the dance floor!

Sent on 10/15/2018
    DJ Digital Dave 5
    DJ Digital Dave 6
    DJ Digital Dave 7

Rachel · Married on 08/11/2018

DJ Digital Dave was absolutely awesome at our 8.11.18 wedding reception! He was great during the whole planning process and answered all of our questions. We were able to specify what songs we wanted during cocktail hour, dinner, and our reception. Dave was receptive to all of it and everyone loved his music and MC capabilities! Dave was on point the entire time. Precise, professional, presentable. He had almost every one of our guests on the dance floor right after dinner until the end of the night! We definitely recommend using DJ Digital Dave for your wedding or other events!

Sent on 09/25/2018

KIRSTIE · Married on 06/24/2018

Hiring Dave was one of the best decisions we made on our wedding day. He was so thorough with communication and was 110% professional every step of the way. The dance floor was packed the entire evening, and people kept commenting on how great our DJ was. He really read the room and kept everyone dancing. We had Greek dancing at our wedding, and although it was not something he had done before, he would so excited to incorporate it into your day. I want to have another wedding just to have another dance party with Dave!

Sent on 08/14/2018
    DJ Digital Dave 8

Rachel · Married on 06/23/2018

I was nervous when looking for a DJ because I didn't want anyone too cheesy or loud and annoying to people. As soon as I met Dave I knew he would be perfect for our wedding. He is well organized and very kind and responsive to all of our questions and emails. He is also very laid back and down to earth which is welcomed when you are stressed out planning a wedding! He is up to the minute with the latest music and artists. About a month before the wedding he asked us for a list of songs, we gave him our list , he let us know from experience which ones would be better played at what times during the wedding ( cocktail hour vs Reception) which was nice because there is so much to think about when planning a wedding , you surely aren't thinking about the music timing! Also, after listening to some of his mixes on his website we knew we wanted to leave him time to play some of his own favorites. He has a wonderful gift of being able to feel the crowd and make sure that the overall energy just flows. Dave was also a huge help with keeping the night on track as far as introductions and announcements (Cake cutting, parent dances, etc). I highly highly recommend him & I am so glad I met him!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Brandon · Married on 05/19/2018

We had the pleasure of seeing Dave in action at a wedding a few years back and knew he needed to be our DJ. When it came time for our turn, Dave was quick to respond to email inquiries and we booked almost immediately. Dave sends over a questionnaire to fill out with basic wedding day questions (who's speaking/what reception activities are taking place/special dances, etc.) and also a list of must & must not plays. I'll admit, I got a little out of hand with my must plays but he CRUSHED it and the dance floor was crowded from the second dinner concluded till the final song of the night. We had a phone chat a few days prior to just go over logistics and he joked how my must play list was so long he might not even have to work too hard haha! His knowledge of music is unmatched and his skills are top notch. My range of requested music was current hip/hop and R&B, country, 90s boybands/pop, current pop, and he was successfully able to make a transitional mix that flowed so perfectly. I believe he even landed a few more clients on referral that night! Book him while you can. Financially, he seemed a tad higher than other entertainment we looked into, but we knew that and were prepared and budgeted accordingly. 100% would book again if we ever need to. He was amazing and professional from the first email back in 2017 until the last song of the night on our wedding day. Couldn't recommend him enough!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Nicholle · Married on 04/21/2018

Let me start by saying we are SOOOOO GLAD we went with DJ Digital Dave for our wedding reception last weekend!

Dave was responsive, professional, and the dance floor was packed. I had guests coming up to me all night (some pleasantly confused) complimenting the DJ and saying they had never been at a wedding with such good music. We had a variety of generations and backgrounds at our wedding, so we were nervous about picking a DJ who would be able to strike a good balance. Dave struck that balance with flying colors - I’m certain all of our guests were on the dancefloor at some point in the night (we have photos to prove it!!!). He was able to read the room and smoothly transition from R&B to oldies to pop to polkas and everything in between - not an easy feat.

As a side note, we filled out a wedding information form before the ceremony, and when I sent the PDF, all of the information I had typed in was mixed up and difficult to read - Dave was super patient and made sure he had all of the details correct. He was observant enough to notice that my mother’s name was cut off of the introductions sheet just moments before walking out, and made sure to catch me and get the name pronounced correctly. Which I REALLY appreciate.

While many wedding vendors can come off as abrasive or flaky (or let’s be honest - annoying), Dave was completely calm, fun, and professional. He was able to accommodate multiple setups and kept such a good vibe for the whole night. He knew exactly what he was doing - there is a reason he has such great reviews on here! Thank you Dave!

Sent on 04/26/2018

Brittany · Married on 11/04/2017

We could not be happier with the job that Dave did as our wedding DJ!! The process of working with Dave was smooth from the very beginning. He was a responsive communicator, and he met with us twice before the wedding: first, to get to know each other and see if we would be a good fit, and then a second time a week before our big day to iron out the details. Between the two meetings, we communicated via email, as necessary. During the planning process, Dave was incredibly helpful, and was a great resource for us to bounce ideas off of. He made it clear that he wanted our day to be special, and that he would do everything in his power to make sure everything was perfect.

On the wedding day, Dave did the music for our ceremony and reception, and he was on top of everything. As the MC, he made sure that we stayed on track and kept the event moving. During the reception is when Dave did his thing, and it was so much fun! People were always dancing, and countless guests came up to us afterwards to rave about the music. We gave Dave some difficult songs to work into the set, yet he somehow managed to mix them in at the perfect time. If you hire Dave, you will be in great hands...he is a true professional, and we cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2017

Dave is INCREDIBLE! I am so very glad we were able to have him as our wedding DJ. He is incredibly professional, patient, responsive, and just a genuinely nice person. He did an amazing job of getting TONS of guests on our dance floor the entire night, because he played a great mix that both young and old were able to dance to. I personally had a hard time leaving the dance floor to attempt to talk to people because I did not want to miss a single song, they were all so perfect. His communication throughout the entire process was stellar - he was incredibly responsive and kept great track of all of our details (and he also remembered lots of things that slipped my mind!). I could go on and on about how amazing he is!

If you are worried about having a DJ that will play boring songs with awkward moments of silence in between (I have seen this at lots of weddings), you will not find that with Dave. He mixed everything seamlessly for hours of continuous party time - no one wanted the night to end! We also had Dave provide our uplighting, which he did an excellent job with as well - it was the exact color we were looking for. I cannot say enough good things about Dave - he is the BEST! Do not hesitate to book him for your wedding!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Kara · Married on 10/14/2017

DJ Digital Dave was the absolute best choice for our wedding. He curated the music perfectly to the descriptions we gave him, kept people dancing, and made sure the night ran more smoothly than I could ever have imagined.

His music selection, mixing, and how his djing affects the entire evening is not to be missed. I would hire him again for any party.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/15/2017

Dave is beyond professional, incredibly knowledgable, and most of all, so much FUN. I knew I wanted a DJ who didn't play the typical wedding style of music, and Dave did exactly what I had hoped for. I've been to a few dozen weddings and the DJs are all mediocre at best. Dave was easy to communicate with, promptly responded on e-mail, and made the whole reception run so smoothly. People are still complimenting Dave saying he was hands down the best wedding DJ they have ever heard!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Rick · Married on 08/12/2017

Having Dave as our DJ helped to make our wedding extra special. He is by far the best wedding DJ I have ever heard and would not hesitate to book him again.

Sent on 09/01/2017

Lauren · Married on 07/22/2017

Dave killed it. He knew exactly what I wanted while also being able to read the crowd all night. Dance floor was packed all night, wedding was extended and I am still getting compliments on the music!

Sent on 08/28/2017

kent · Married on 07/15/2017

One word of advice I was told when planning a killer wedding was, get an awesome DJ.. I sure landed the jackpot with Dave.. He helped me throw the best party of not only my life, but many of my guests also.. He was super chill, easy to work with, and stood by his word.. Everything I wanted to have played was played. He did a good job dealing with all my guests and bridal-party and the vendors. I felt his style was exactly what i was looking for and personally I couldn't say anything bad about the night, except he had to stop playing music when the venue was kicking us out.. Literally, everyone at my wedding was dancing THE WHOLE TIME!!. I had guests in their 60's and 70's laying down grooves and my niece age 10 jumping in joy as her favorite song was played... Book this man and book him now.. If you dont have fun with him as your wedding DJ, you either don't know how to have fun or your guests are dead. Dave thanks for everything brother. You weren't lying when you said "I GOT YOU" Cheers

Sent on 09/11/2017

jessie · Married on 07/07/2017

If you want a REAL DJ, then you need to book Digital Dave for your wedding! I can not express how awesome he was! We have been to so many weddings, and the average corny wedding djs are just awful! DJ Digital Dave played new hip music and mixed it all together it was like we were in the hottest club in Las Vegas not in Pittsburgh!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Stephen · Married on 07/01/2017

Dave Lander is, without a doubt the BEST Wedding DJ I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Being a DJ myself, I was incredibly picky in selecting the right person who not only had the right skills but the right personality to fit our wedding.

Dave was incredibly easy. He is knowledgable, professional, and will give honest advice for timeline planning and traditions. And while most high end DJs will be good at the planning and prep work as well, where Dave really sets himself above the rest is when the music starts.

During our reception, Dave blended into the background, never drawing any attention to himself. He perfectly MC'd the night while allowing his music to do all of the talking. As stated before, Dave is among the best DJs not only in Pittsburgh but in the entire country. He has masted the art of DJing. He not only flawlessly mixes between songs but does in a way that is "musical" and is as if the original artist intended to do so.

For me, the most amazing detail was Dave's ability to read the crowd in a way that was leagues beyond what event I had come to expect. Not only was he able to select the perfect song for the dancefloor's crowd at every moment, he went so far as to tailor his song selection for when my Wife and I were able to take a second away from greeting guests. Every time we stepped onto the dancefloor the song would magically transition into one of our favorites. This was quite incredible becuase we trusted Dave and therefore had only a couple requests/do not plays listed on the planning forms. How he nailed our favorite songs is beyond me.

Dave is what you would get if you were to combine Beethovan, Yoda, and Tom Brady. And while that analogy might pain Dave as a Steelers fan, I do hope he realizes he is the GOAT.

If you are considering hiring a DJ for your wedding, the only decision should be what song Dave plays for your first dance.

Sent on 11/09/2017